*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

I don't think Barkas will appear for Celtic again tbh, the guys ****ing hopeless but if he does play against us, we should be shooting at every opportunity and sticking set pieces right on top of him. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think Barkas will appear for Celtic again tbh, the guys ****ing hopeless but if he does play against us, we should be shooting at every opportunity and sticking set pieces right on top of him. 

Bain is not much better IMO.

Plenty of heavy "goals against" on his CV, but both him & Barkas deemed to be better than CG:lol:.

I agree "shoot on sight" should be high on HMFC training schedule for next week.

Watched highlights from the septic game and here's a couple things I noticed:

Their defence is very poor

Their keeper is shite

They were very susceptible to through balls

They couldn't keep up with the West Ham wingers

And most interestingly, they looked like they were playing with 2 defenders and one defensive mid at times, I'm assuming it was supposed to be 3 but they kept getting caught out. They didn't adjust their tactics to be more defensive even when 4, 5 goals down they just threw everything into attack. 

Obviously we play them first and if they're confident enough to play West Ham with 3 defenders you can pretty much guarantee that's what they'll do against us. We need to get in their faces and attack. Our defence will obviously need to be on the top of their game but we should definitely be attacking. The cup final showed us we could give them a game - they had a much stronger team than they do now as well. 

If we just park the bus and settle for losing 1-0 or whatever it's a huge opportunity lost. Playing us away is something they'll be overconfident about. Based on that game, we can really get a result here.

RustyRightPeg

Been impressed with Scott Tanser for St Mirren so far. Few great deliveries into the box. 

Would fit our LWB role like a glove. 

And hey, the last left back we signed on a free transfer from St Johnstone didn’t turn out too badly

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Been impressed with Scott Tanser for St Mirren so far. Few great deliveries into the box. 

Would fit our LWB role like a glove. 

And hey, the last left back we signed on a free transfer from St Johnstone didn’t turn out too badly

Fyssas 😀

tartofmidlothian

Three other matches on tomorrow. No doubt Rangers will win, St Johnstone to beat Ross County, and hopefully it's Meteorite 1 Dens Park 0 for St Mirren's visit.

Good to see Boyd with his feet socially distanced apart.    Going for the full 2 metres.   

McInnes big upping Rangers like he might actually get a job there now.   I understand he's just doing a job.   Still looks like he's licking his lips for it.   

Any chance they might slip up today for a draw 1-1 or just a hammering for an unsettled Livi side.    Most likely the latter, 3-0.

Rick Sanchez

I'd prefer a Rangers win today tbh. I'd rather Celtic have the pressure of matching a win than having their tails up trying to capitalise.

TyphoonJambo

To be fair I think Livi are getting it sans lube today. Won't do us any harm. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

CloustonHMFC

Rangers have been phenomenal in the first 15 minutes tbh. They're going to run away with the league again.

CloustonHMFC
18 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That distancing is a disgrace compared to what ours has and will be!

Different councils.

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Rangers have been phenomenal in the first 15 minutes tbh. They're going to run away with the league again.

Surely not?  I mean, big Ange has said Celtic will win it.

coatbridgejambo

The upside to a great rangers performance is that maybe it will inspire halliday to do similar later on.😁

4 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

The upside to a great rangers performance is that maybe it will inspire halliday to do similar later on.😁

we are playing celtic that is all the motivation he needs

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Ibrox looks about 60 percent full. Raging we will have so little fans in attendance tonight. 

Was just thinking the same, how come they have been allowed so many in?

coatbridgejambo
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

we are playing celtic that is all the motivation he needs

True

HartleyLegend3

Sky sports is like listening to rangers TV..  

Newco are only 1 up but the commentary would have you believe game is over and its going on 10-0.. 

JamboAndrew
9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Are we taking bets on how long this diamond that celtic unearthed as their tenth choice manager will last?

4 minutes ago, flem said:

Was just thinking the same, how come they have been allowed so many in?

Presume Glasgow Council don't want their houses, cars torched.

18 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Three other matches on tomorrow. No doubt Rangers will win, St Johnstone to beat Ross County, and hopefully it's Meteorite 1 Dens Park 0 for St Mirren's visit.

🤣

12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Feck off he never said that did he 🤣🤣🤣 even pandering to the fans you could skirt the issue.

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Ibrox looks about 60 percent full. Raging we will have so little fans in attendance tonight. 

23000 in 

15 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Haha phenomenal 🤣 theyve been good but Livi are not the same as last year and have a lot of guys to mesh

HartleyLegend3
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha phenomenal 🤣 theyve been good but Livi are not the same as last year and have a lot of guys to mesh

Rangers started off not to bad but the game has settled in to average to crap.. 

Welcome the fans back. 37 minutes gone and they look bored as ****

Just now, HartleyLegend3 said:

Aye.  I turned off about 10 mins ago. Couldn’t take more of phenomenal Rangers. 

::troll::

Horatio Caine
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣

Feck off he never said that did he 🤣🤣🤣 even pandering to the fans you could skirt the issue.

23000 in 

Confident Ange Postecoglou is adamant he can win the title back for Celtic in his first term despite the club finishing 25 points behind Rangers last season. (Daily Record)

Afew long through balls and poor touches into livis box kept the chances down.    1-0 first half and another half to go 3-0 still likely.   I think they'll finish the match sharper and more direct at moments.   

Despite our troubles the last few years, I hope we never play like the Livingston’s of this world. Goalie taking free kicks almost at the half way line, time wasting to keep it 1-0, happy to have 20% possession. 

coatbridgejambo
45 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Yes. went from looking like a goal fest to bore fest

Hackney Hearts

Looking at the table now... we've plummeted from 5th to 8th. Top 6 looking unlikely.

Not good enough Hearts. 

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dundee 0-1 St Mirren

Watching the first half and so far St Mirren  have been targeting Adam for some heavy tackles - and he doesn't like it !

5 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Watching the first half and so far St Mirren  have been targeting Adam for some heavy tackles - and he doesn't like it !

Superb

alwaysthereinspirit

Same old same old. Cards game #1

Newco              0

Livingston.        5

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Dundee level again. 

Yep ! Cumdawg and yes I'll throw it out there but would and I say would he have been a good back up signing for Gnando or Boyce ?