*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but Josh Doig is leaving Hibs, according to Jack Ross.

Wouldn't say to where or how much.

Bound to be to Serie A   no?

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Real Madrid apparently, £50m bid. 

Wait until Man City get wind of that. 

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but Josh Doig is leaving Hibs, according to Jack Ross.

5mil won't say which club, but i know the family 👍

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If he is worth £5M then John Souttar doesn't go for less than £15M.

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

He gets benched alot.    Maybe unhappy.    Either way at least one striker will be moved on you'd think with that new striker incoming in January.   

Horatio Caine

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Celtic that's after Doig.  They'll believe they need a new left back - interest comes now, coincidentally with the arrival of Ange.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is this the fullback we are talking about?   I get mixed up with the other one. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£5m! 

It's hard to fathom out sometimes what makes a players value. 

Current ability? 

Current contract length? 

Potential?

Anything over a couple of million and Hibs are laughing, he's really not that special. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Celtic that's after Doig.  They'll believe they need a new left back - interest comes now, coincidentally with the arrival of Ange.

They were rumoured to be in about Hickey iirc as well. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Is this the fullback we are talking about?   I get mixed up with the other one. 

Yes. Doige is the one that goes up front.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Yes. Doige is the one that goes up front.

Cheers.    I should have realised that striker wasn't worth 5mill.    To be honest neither is the fullback 😲 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If he is worth £5M then John Souttar doesn't go for less than £15M.

Both are good players certainly wouldn't mind having Doig at Hearts, can't have to many good players. 

Souttar like you say is a class player, he wouldn't be with us if he wasn't injured most of the time but. 

We are very lucky to still have Souttar, as you can see he has a footballers brain and is a very classy ball playing defender. 

Hope we can get him to sign an extension. 

Doig is very good doing forward, but defensively needs to brush up on his game, kills me seeing Hibs getting that for him when you consider what Dr funk went for and scored goals as a right back. 

Obviously these English teams interested in him think they can improve his game, Hearts deserve credit like Hibs for developing him but. 

54 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It comes from the fact Aberdeen don't have a real derby.

historically it was Dundee as United were in the lower leagues.

Years ago when we had the Old Firm game, Dundee v Utd, Hearts v Hibs and a Lanarkshire derby all on one Saturday (at 3pm), one of my pals coined the expression the "no one else to play on derby day" derby. Fits nicely for Aberdeen.

Horatio Caine
4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Dundee Utd offering next to nothing, Broonaldo still trying to referee games, otherwise boring match.

So they're not offering Shankland?

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Both are good players certainly wouldn't mind having Doig at Hearts, can't have to many good players. 

Souttar like you say is a class player, he wouldn't be with us if he wasn't injured most of the time but. 

We are very lucky to still have Souttar, as you can see he has a footballers brain and is a very classy ball playing defender. 

Hope we can get him to sign an extension. 

Doig is very good doing forward, but defensively needs to brush up on his game, kills me seeing Hibs getting that for him when you consider what Dr funk went for and scored goals as a right back. 

Obviously these English teams interested in him think they can improve his game, Hearts deserve credit like Hibs for developing him but. 

A full back who's weakest part of his game is defending, imho is not a £5M pound player.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

A full back who's weakest part of his game is defending, imho is not a £5M pound player.

Has he been sold for 5m? 'With Hibs getting  that for him'. 

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Think the modern day game most full backs are attacking, and are seen as more attackers than defenders with teams having a sitting midfielder to drop in and allow full backs / wingbacks to get further up the park. 

Tavernier, Barišić, Tierney, being the examples of my point even Hickey was better attacking than defending. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

£5m! 

It's hard to fathom out sometimes what makes a players value. 

Current ability? 

Current contract length? 

Potential?

Anything over a couple of million and Hibs are laughing, he's really not that special. 

£2m would be around a £1m over the odds imo.

Is there not some stats out there that show he was one of the worst left backs in league last year, near the bottom for tackle/passes/dribbles etc.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Has he been sold for 5m? 'With Hibs getting  that for him'. 

Not a chance. Andy Robertson and Aaron Hickey were massively superior players when they got their moves and neither went for close to that. They will be the benchmark for any team looking at Doig so why on earth would they pay 2-3 times as much when they know they don't have to?

At that price too he'd be expected to go straight into the first team at a higher level than he's at now and he's nowhere near good enough. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

£2m would be around a £1m over the odds imo.

Is there not some stats out there that show he was one of the worst left backs in league last year, near the bottom for tackle/passes/dribbles etc.

Agreed, Probably, he's not that great. 

No idea why he's so highly rated. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Quite possibly as Jack Dross might follow him there shortly 😆

Just now, neilnunb said:

The usual Hibs wankfest from Marvin Bartley

He of the glazed expression. I wouldn't like to see his face at the window. Be unusual mind you as I am on 3rd floor

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, Probably, he's not that great. 

No idea why he's so highly rated. 

Someone at Hibs done a great PR job on this one.

Even the Hibs fans at my work font rate him that highly and want to sell sell sell before he is found out.

Footballfirst

I hope the Doig transfer is an international one, in which case Hearts would be entitled to a solidarity payment for his formative years, based on the formula below.

Solidarity contribution If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club, shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training and education over the years. This solidarity contribution reflects the number of years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows: –

Season of 12th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation) 

Season of 13th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation) 

Season of 14th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation) 

Season of 15th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation) 

Season of 16th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 17th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 18th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 19th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 20th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 21st birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 22nd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation) 

Season of 23rd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a chance. Andy Robertson and Aaron Hickey were massively superior players when they got their moves and neither went for close to that. They will be the benchmark for any team looking at Doig so why on earth would they pay 2-3 times as much when they know they don't have to?

At that price too he'd be expected to go straight into the first team at a higher level than he's at now and he's nowhere near good enough. 

Agreed. He looks pish both technically and mentally. In both Hickey excels. It just seems to be a thing with Hibs, able to convince papers to run with absolute shite. Oh, yes, we're not selling for under 5m. No, no one has actually offered that.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Boyle starting early with his theatrical nonsense I see.

Edges Sterling as biggest cheat in world football 

Hibs' superstar Central defensive pair nowhere to be seen as the Motherwell player is left in 5 yards of space in the 6 yard box.