• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Boo

Kept winding up my celtic mate he'd be the next celtic manager. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Ross County's rapid rise up my list of least liked teams continues. Amazing as before last summer I just thought of them as a plucky Highland league team punching above their weight, with what I thought was a pretty sensible and decent owner.

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ross County's rapid rise up my list of least liked teams continues. Amazing as before last summer I just thought of them as a plucky Highland league team punching above their weight, with what I thought was a pretty sensible and decent owner.

It's weird, my bro in law is a big Staggie (fi Dingwall) and I've always had a wee soft spot.  Steven Ferguson - a good jambo - also up there as CEO, and he's a really top guy.

But yes, they can rot!  Git it roon thum.

Tam Courts to be new Dundee UTD manager, Gordon Forrest could return as a part of the new set up according to the Sun

24 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Tam Courts to be new Dundee UTD manager, Gordon Forrest could return as a part of the new set up according to the Sun

Acting up as first-team boss for United’s trip to Livingston in December, due to a Covid outbreak in the United camp striking down the top-team coaching staff, Courts believes he, too, is developing.

Reflecting on the experience, Courts is grateful for the opportunity and feels vindicated in his decision to join United two years ago.

“For me, personally, it was a good experience and a bit of a baptism of fire because of the developing situation,” he said.

“Also, though, it was a reminder that I’ve gained a lot of managerial experience over the last five-six years so it was relatively easy to tap into that skillset again and what was expected of me.

“There’s no doubt that it was a unique situation where, yeah it was a good experience, but I was there to deliver a specific job for the manager in service to the players.

“It’s something I look back on as a reminder that it’s where I’d like to be at some point in the future but I’m also happy with what I’m doing just now.

“I think a lot of people expecting me, after I left Kelty, to go into a first-team management position but, for me, it was about recognising the skills gap I had at the time, two years ago.

“I wanted to take on a different type of experience and, ultimately, making me a more rounded manager when that opportunity arises.

“There were different opportunities, I was interviewed by West Ham and NAC Breda in Holland so I thought my next move was going to be outwith the country.

“When Andy Goldie got in touch, it coincided with some chats I was having with the family at the time because my middle child was going to high school and I felt staying in Scotland, learning about the academy set-up, was the right move.

“I really wanted to hone in on developing young players in the academy setting because I wasn’t an expert there.

“It’s paying off, I’m working with some really smart minds every day and I feel like the club has a very well-connected vision for itself and that’s grounded in the academy.

“You’ve seen this season that the club can be sustainable in the Premiership in its first season back and I see a bright future for the club where, hopefully, young players can be a part of that.”

Dundee United's burgeoning academy production line will yield 'a bright future' for the Tangerines believes youth coach Tam Courts after debut boys make their mark (thecourier.co.uk)

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

image.png.f26c769d63644bf04df27d3364da335e.pngdid anyone see this when Adam had a shot from the halfway line the other night?

A blurry screenshot? 

Nah, was watching it in HD :whistling:

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A blurry screenshot? 

Nah, was watching it in HD :whistling:

It was a gif but doesn’t work on kickback. Mcpake shouting FFS at Adam after he was shooting from the middle of the pitch 

Arthur Morgan
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Mcpake shouting FFS at Adam after he was shooting from the middle of the pitch 

Yeah I remember it, he actually said "f'ing shite! ". 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Grumblings of not enjoying things as they are. Mate of a mate was in a taxi etc

Surely the chances of Howe at Celtic are slipping. Watch them unveil a Keane Yogi dream team next month.  

18 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ross County completely failing to read the room :rofl:

E2Tu4pMX0AAkCCv?format=jpg&name=small

Surely this won't go well?

It will be a car crash in slow motion-we can see it coming now-will be pleasing-hope they are detached from the pack before they panic and get Yogi back to save them.

chuck berrys hairline
22 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

The Malky Mackay appointment is just completely baffling 😂

Just finished building his new House at Turnhouse next to the airport. Transport sorted 😜

Auldbenches

I read this morning that Dundee United are looking at giving the manager's job to a guy currently coaching their under 12s.  This has to down to them being skint rather than the guy's ability.   

Someone in here did mention they were looking at a cathro type manager. 

Are they that skint?  

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I read this morning that Dundee United are looking at giving the manager's job to a guy currently coaching their under 12s.  This has to down to them being skint rather than the guy's ability.   

Are they that skint?  

Why would they want someone utterly out of their depth?

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why would they want someone utterly out of their depth?

Read it on the bbc Scotland gossip page.  It must be down to finances being dire.   Ah well! 

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Are they that skint?  

Its an odd one, either they are really impressed with him and think it is talented enough to go straight into senior management or as you say they are too skint to afford a manager.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its an odd one, either they are really impressed with him and think it is talented enough to go straight into senior management or as you say they are too skint to afford a manager.

Or somewhere in the middle, he's good, they're skint, let's take the chance.

Auldbenches
51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Or somewhere in the middle, he's good, they're skint, let's take the chance.

Not wanting Dundee United to do well but it would be good to get away from the same old guard in our game.  

I think most of us wanted Cathro to do well for that reason as well as improving us.  

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Are they that skint?  

No return for Neilson then.😭

23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🙃 Crazy stuff.    Appoint a manager that got his club relegated.   I suppose the thinking is he had them scoring goals, competing.    He had lower quality players, disregard the failure, he might be their man if he signs better players. 

Hope he fails. 

Rogue Daddy
38 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

🙃 Crazy stuff.    Appoint a manager that got his club relegated.   I suppose the thinking is he had them scoring goals, competing.    He had lower quality players, disregard the failure, he might be their man if he signs better players. 

Hope he fails. 

Aye, if I was a pars fan I’d be raging! But I’m not…. So 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rogue Daddy
32 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Another club hoping to get favours from having a Celtic connection?

Think they’ll need all the help they can get! Strange appointment… could you imagine us going for a manger that’s just relegated the last club he was at… in the same league! Meltdown! 😂

kingantti1874
55 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco apparently after 15m (sic) McBurnie 

👀 

he’s absolutely pish. Hope they get him

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👀

he’s absolutely pish. Hope they get him

:yes2:  cut price deal through relegation.   It's a steal!  A bargain.

:rofl:

Malky mackay becoming more

popular releasing local heroes gardyne and vigurs 

Following the conclusion of season 2020/21, we can now provide a squad update in relation to players that will be departing the club upon expiry of their contracts in the coming weeks.

Iain Vigurs, Michael Gardyne, Callum Morris, Jason Naismith, Ross Draper, Billy Mckay, Jermaine Hylton, Mohamed Maouche, Carl Tremarco & Tony Andreu will all be leaving Ross County upon expiry of their existing deals. 

We would like to pay tribute to each and every one of the players for their effort, commitment, and support of the club in their times spent here.

In particular, we would like to thank Michael Gardyne & Iain Vigurs, who have played a big part in the Ross County journey to this point. Michael leads the way as the club’s record appearance holder and goal scorer and joined us for his first spell 15 years ago in 2006. Over those years Michael has been an incredible servant of the club, become a friend to many and will always have a special place here at our club. 

We also echo the above sentiments for departing Club Captain Iain Vigurs. Joining for his first spell back in 2009, Iain has risen through the ranks with Ross County and this season led us, as Captain, to Premiership safety. Iain has built a great connection with our club over the years and will always be held in high regard for his contributions to where the club is today. 

Both Michael & Iain were instrumental in the club achieving the success it has- particularly the 2010 Scottish Cup Final run, our 40 match unbeaten run to take us to the Premiership for the first time in our history and Michael in our 2016 Scottish League Cup triumph.

It is also important to acknowledge the long term contributions of Ross Draper, Billy Mckay & Callum Morris, who all played essential roles in the clubs recovery from relegation in 2018/19, and helped to propel us back to the Scottish Premiership at the first time of asking under Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson. Ross had made just shy of 100 appearances for the Staggies with Billy Mckay making 125 appearances and scoring 41 goals along the way. Callum Morris was, this season, our Vice-Captain and departs after 55 appearances for the club. 

Finally, we would like to wish Jason Naismith all the very best in his next chapter after returning to Dingwall for the second half of the campaign. Jason, who signed off this season with his 75th appearance for the club, was in his second spell here in Dingwall. 

The club is currently in discussions with Keith Watson, Blair Spittal & Ross Munro and will provide an update when it is possible.

Players currently under contract for 2021/22 are Ross Laidlaw, Connor Randall, Oli Shaw, Tom Grivosti, Alex Iacovitti, Regan Charles-Cook, Jordan Tillson, Harry Paton, Coll Donaldson & Jordan White.

Our Chairman will be paying his own tribute to the departing players independently.

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully Ross county disappear back to the highland league. 

Richard Foster has blasted Ross County after claiming they released record appearance holder Michael Gardyne over Zoom. 

The Staggies announced their record scorer and appearance holder wouldn’t have his contract renewed today as the Malky Mackay era began at Dingwall. 

However, former County man Foster took aim at the hirarchy as he claimed the club legend had been ‘dropped like a hot brick’ on the Go Radio Football Show. He said: 

He scored the goal two weeks ago that effectively kept them He scored the goal two weeks ago that effectively kept them up, he’s their record goalscorer, record appearance holder, and they’ve essentially dropped him like a hot brick - via Zoom, I’m led to believe. It’s ridiculous, a player who has done so much for that club - a player who could still play for that club. I just think everybody talks about loyalty in football. There’s no loyalty in football and no wonder, because as soon as a club doesn’t want you they just discard you as if you’re an empty crisp packet. It’s horrible for him because he loves the club, he loves being up in that part of the world. He’s been an incredible servant for the club and I think if you’re going release someone like Michael Gardyne at this stage do it face to face, bring him in. Not just over a Zoom call, we’re beyond that now you’re allowed to meet face-to-face. I know he must be in a bit of pain right now thinking about it because it’s been such a big part of his life.up, he’s their record goalscorer, record appearance holder, and they’ve essentially dropped him like a hot brick - via Zoom, I’m led to believe. It’s ridiculous, a player who has done so much for that club - a player who could still play for that club. I just think everybody talks about loyalty in football. There’s no loyalty in football and no wonder, because as soon as a club doesn’t want you they just discard you as if you’re an empty crisp packet. It’s horrible for him because he loves the club, he loves being up in that part of the world. He’s been an incredible servant for the club and I think if you’re going release someone like Michael Gardyne at this stage do it face to face, bring him in. Not just over a Zoom call, we’re beyond that now you’re allowed to meet face-to-face. I know he must be in a bit of pain right now thinking about it because it’s been such a big part of his life.

KyleLafferty

Peter grant tries to get his teams playing football. I reckon he might do well there with better players.

20 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Brutal appointment and will set dunfermline back years. 

Another poor appointment for the pars. Manager get his team relegated then a better job comes along.  Better young managers worth a shot like Darren young and Stuart Petrie. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Surely not?

Its ok, its not like they have been negotiating with him for almost 2 months....

A_A wehatethehibs
20 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco apparently after 15m (sic) McBurnie 

what the ****, got to be 1.5m surely? Pushing it if I'd pay that for him, dreadful player

Rogue Daddy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57299624

Henry McLeish to lead fresh Scottish football review after 'failure to adapt or reform'

...what's the chances of the SFA/SPFL taking heed of recommendations from an outside party? Definitely worth a try but I'll not hold my breath. At least they plans to make fans view heard. Good luck this time around Henry!

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57299624

Henry McLeish to lead fresh Scottish football review after 'failure to adapt or reform'

...what's the chances of the SFA/SPFL taking heed of recommendations from an outside party? Definitely worth a try but I'll not hold my breath. At least they plans to make fans view heard. Good luck this time around Henry!

No chance of that gaining traction - old firm fans will not want to be involved and if they are, it will all be about biased referees or diddy opposition.

This is tinkering around the edges, i;m afraid.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

No chance of that gaining traction - old firm fans will not want to be involved and if they are, it will all be about biased referees or diddy opposition.

This is tinkering around the edges, i;m afraid.

More than likely!

...biased refs and diddy opposition... omg, Carlsberg don't do delusional fans, but if they did.....

Always loved the 'we've no competition in Scotland' line (usually after crashing out of Europe) - even though they buy the best players from challenging teams, and get the lions share of everything in Scottish football... but yeah, it's our fault they can't challenge in Europe. As for biased refs... where do you start with that!?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

A double already for Shankland tonight. Will he still be with them after the summer?

Probably.  It was only Elgin City, and were there not rumours he's on a fair wedge at United - as well as also being one of those players who probably isn't interested in a move too far away from where he's based.  Pretty sure he has some trade business in the region.

Have to be some offer coming in, can't see him sacking it in to play in League 1 down South.

tartofmidlothian

Hibs will be playing FC Santa Coloma of Andorra in the Europa next week. If anyone cares.