*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

17 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Hibs will be playing FC Santa Coloma of Andorra in the Europa next week. If anyone cares.

C'mon Santa. 🎅

4-0 winners I noticed.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo in Yorkshire
22 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Hibs will be playing FC Santa Coloma of Andorra in the Europa next week. If anyone cares.

Some decent teams in the next round.

Saint Jambo
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

oh what a shame ross county forfeit another LC game this time v dundee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57860538

While it's kind of funny that one of the teams outspoken about us are now on the receiving end, this might actually be bad news for us in terms of seedlings for the next round. Ross County/ Dundee is one of the groups it was reasonable to hope no one would finish with 12points. Now not only are Dundee likely to do that, they are likely to do it with a very healthy goal difference. The covid call offs have the potential to make the 'best group winners' becoming seeds and the 'best group runners up' going through, when some teams will have benefitted heavily from call offs.

Inverness losing 1-2, to Stirling.     We should not have a problem with the former but Stirling are certainly rocking the boat.   

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Stirling 2 ICT 2

Stirling win the shootout and get the bonus point.

Christ! That’s a poor show from ICT.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

what the Dickens? 

a team captain and a club captain? 

Some think we're having an underwhelming preseason. Aberdeen seem to have played only 2 pre season games against St J and ICT, drawing both with their strongest team. First Euro game is next week.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some think we're having an underwhelming preseason. Aberdeen seem to have played only 2 pre season games against St J and ICT, drawing both with their strongest team. First Euro game is next week.

but they have a gid bunch o laddies now led by broonie

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

but they have a gid bunch o laddies now led by broonie

Looking forward to another of our teenagers owning him.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looking forward to another of our teenagers owning him.

pollock does look like he might do a naismith on him

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

One of my best mates is a Sheep. We are season ticket holders for our local club. 

Im meeting him today to go to a match, he told me he loves the fact the Brown has signed but is absolutely bricking it about Glass and the other signings. Zero confidence in a top 6 place. 

This makes me happy. 

15 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

One of my best mates is a Sheep. We are season ticket holders for our local club. 

Im meeting him today to go to a match, he told me he loves the fact the Brown has signed but is absolutely bricking it about Glass and the other signings. Zero confidence in a top 6 place. 

This makes me happy. 

Oh aye.

A bit early on a Sunday morning for that sort of chat, ZJ. 😊😉

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Oh aye.

A bit early on a Sunday morning for that sort of chat, ZJ. 😊😉

Ewe got me there. 

Spoke to someone yesterday who played against Hibs Friday night.

Said if you can defend against Boyle and his ability to get behind the defence then you stop them. He also said they are poor at the back. But looking at the league he felt they were easily the 3rd best team due to how poor the rest were.

He also said Neilson divided opinion in the changing room as well as the stands.

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Said if you can defend against Boyle and his ability to get behind the defence then you stop them. He also said they are poor at the back. But looking at the league he felt they were easily the 3rd best team due to how poor the rest were.

He also said Neilson divided opinion in the changing room as well as the stands.

Well it is roughly same defence that finished third, although goalie not tested yet, as for Hanlon read on here that Halkett was better, not for me thanks. Boyle on Cochrane worries me a bit  

39 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Ewe got me there. 

😄

Edited by martoon

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

One of my best mates is a Sheep. We are season ticket holders for our local club. 

This makes me happy. 

Sounds like your mate has pished his pants.

Aberdeen will definitely be in the top 6, should be in the European spots and will be pushing for 3rd.

Most likely the top 4 will unfortunately be the same as last year.

Theres still a lot of work to be done, most teams in the SPFL have reduced squad sizes so far, whilst Aberdeen are maintained. Only St Mirren have signed more than have left.

Thursday will be tough, we’ve not had a good preparation with a couple of teams pulling out due to Covid. Sounds like the St Johnstone pre-season game was combatitive, but BK Hacken have recovered some form and are half way through their season. They play a game today so will watch them before they come to Pitttodrie this week.

Good news is that we are getting back in to watch the games (although I cant sit in my regular seat)

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sounds like your mate has pished his pants.

Aberdeen will definitely be in the top 6, should be in the European spots and will be pushing for 3rd.

Most likely the top 4 will unfortunately be the same as last year.

Theres still a lot of work to be done, most teams in the SPFL have reduced squad sizes so far, whilst Aberdeen are maintained. Only St Mirren have signed more than have left.

Thursday will be tough, we’ve not had a good preparation with a couple of teams pulling out due to Covid. Sounds like the St Johnstone pre-season game was combatitive, but BK Hacken have recovered some form and are half way through their season. They play a game today so will watch them before they come to Pitttodrie this week.

Good news is that we are getting back in to watch the games (although I cant sit in my regular seat)

I’ll pass on your regards. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

alwaysthereinspirit
8 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Just to clarify? A Raith player thinks #!bs are the third best team. Raith knew how to stop them on Friday but didn’t. Their defense is poor but his team only scored one goal. And as a caveat to his tall tale he has a wee dig at Neilson to boot. Sounds about normal on here recently. Yesterday a poster told us we’d struggle with Neilson because this was the strongest premier league in many years and we were doomed already. I’m already confused and we haven’t played a league game yet. Welcome to JKB.

WoolfordsHearts
On 17/07/2021 at 18:58, Zen Jambo said:

what the Dickens? 

a team captain and a club captain? 

I'd throw myself off the nearest viaduct if that backward ^^^^ was even signed by us never mind made captain. 

What's happening up there ffs.😄

alwaysthereinspirit
53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scott Brown a good bet for red card first league game.

Nah, it’ll be a few games before our $#!tty officials find big enough balls to treat him like any other player not playing for one of the two @rse cheeks.

merseyjambo
18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Euro draw

Draws | UEFA Champions League | UEFA.com

Rangers v Malmo or Helsinki

PSV Eindhoven/Galatasary v Celtic or Midtjylland

But, but, whit aboot oor lights. Surely we should be group top seeds for the amount we’ve spent on getting a light show installed.

Can’t see them getting through next round even if they manage to get through this one 

StJohnstone to face the loser of PSV or Galatasary........but for some utterly atrocious decision making over the last 5 years, that game could have been at Tynecastle.

August Landmesser
54 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

StJohnstone to face the loser of PSV or Galatasary........but for some utterly atrocious decision making over the last 5 years, that game could have been at Tynecastle.

Why, were St Johnstone planning a groundshare with us?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

Haha, that's a stretch. Think it should be Hibs fans spitting at that one. They really ****ed that one up.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Er... they're winning.

Maybe not for long...down to 10 men and the players own stupidity...Bitton and the old finger in the face bringing a second booking

Edited by CJGJ

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Er... they're winning.

They've been very shit. Their defence looks incredibly weak and they've not replaced Brown's combativeness/dirtiness in midfield. Thought the Danish lot could easily have had a penalty in the Button sending off incident. Definite contact. If this is the defence they play against us, GMS, Boyce and Ginnelly should approach the game with a lot of confidence.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They've been very shit. Their defence looks incredibly weak and they've not replaced Brown's combativeness/dirtiness in midfield. Thought the Danish lot could easily have had a penalty in the Button sending off incident. Definite contact. If this is the defence they play against us, GMS, Boyce and Ginnelly should approach the game with a lot of confidence.

In desperate need of an Aaron Hickey-type player...

InternationalJambo
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bang on. Nothing to fear next Sunday, they don’t look as threatening as they did last season IMO.

August Landmesser

Airdrie v Motherwell on Premier now, good fun so far. Tackles flying in. 

Airdrie dressed as Inverness Caley for some reason though. Presume it's a centenary kit or some marketing bollix or some such

kingantti1874

just noticed Ross county been pumped 3-0 in their first 2 league cup fixtures. 

Hopefully Roy will be taking a big spoon full of sugar this season