*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I follow a few St Johnstone fans on twitter and its very telling that they dont miss Tommy Wright one bit (this was before the Scottish cup win) and even happy to see him have a terrible time.

Maybe he'd been there too long like McInnes and got stale. 

• Replies 63.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

In a way it really shows how easy the premiership could be for us with the right players and management. We have the budget to easily push for top 4. St J have hopefully opened some eyes at Tynecastle to show just how much we've underperformed with the resources at our disposal.

Same as every year, this is a big window for us.

Anybody using the dire Killie displays/Dundee "outstanding" wins as a yard stick for next season needs their heads examined. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

And some frothed at the gash for Tommy boy...

He did do ok at st Johnstone but he was never the answer for Hsarts no matter the question.

22 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Anybody using the dire Killie displays/Dundee "outstanding" wins as a yard stick for next season needs their heads examined. 

Without getting into a debate , what would you say would have been a yard stick to show the Prem isnt all that and the Championship isnt as bad as some make out.

Arthur Morgan
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Without getting into a debate , what would you say would have been a yard stick to show the Prem isnt all that and the Championship isnt as bad as some make out.

This.

JamboGraham
22 minutes ago, sadj said:

I also wonder how any conclusion can be made with such confidence. How many full matches in each division would you need to observe to make any kind of informed judgement? The vast majority of televised top tier matches feature Rangers or Celtic. Not exactly the most suitable lens to judge the quality of the other sides in the division.

The same is true of the Championship where the majority of games featured us. Personally I find it impossible to be objective in any match that I watch Hearts in... 

johnthomas
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I follow a few St Johnstone fans on twitter and its very telling that they dont miss Tommy Wright one bit (this was before the Scottish cup win) and even happy to see him have a terrible time.

The only thing that is 'telling' is that football fans are fickle arseholes wherever you go

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Killie have no midfield

On that woefull display last night, its across the whole team, i missed the 2 goals at the start

and that was 12 minutes in.😮.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why not use ours v hibs and celtic games and the Dundee games and on top of that the fact we were by a distance better than Dundee. 

Surely if anything it means that certain folk who have predicted us being relegated, struggling or no where near the top 6 will have a bit perspective now. 

I'm ok with Dundee getting promoted. They played some decent football last season, but suffered from inconsistency until the last third. They finished the season strongly, and deservedly won the play off (to my surprise). I'd rather have one of Scotland's larger clubs who at least try to play attacking football in the top league. Well done them.

8 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I'm ok with Dundee getting promoted. They played some decent football last season, but suffered from inconsistency until the last third. They finished the season strongly, and deservedly won the play off (to my surprise). I'd rather have one of Scotland's larger clubs who at least try to play attacking football in the top league. Well done them.

Yip.

If nothing else, it will add a bit of spice, which is surely what football is all about ?

Killie ? Meh !

Glamorgan Jambo

Will be an unpopular opinion but I’d have given Championship player of the year to Charlie Adam. Despite moving around the pitch more like a 53 year old than a 35 year old he created the chances and drive that got them promoted.

On the other hand only a few months into his stay Cummings now once again a fixture on the bench for yet another club.

Byyy The Light
10 hours ago, Sertse said:

In a way it really shows how easy the premiership could be for us with the right players and management. We have the budget to easily push for top 4. St J have hopefully opened some eyes at Tynecastle to show just how much we've underperformed with the resources at our disposal.

Same as every year, this is a big window for us.

The problem we’ve got as a club is expectation. St Johnstone and Steve Clarke’s Killie before them play(ed) not to get beat, nick goals and kill the game. It’s a formula for success in the this league.  It’s also what has got Hibs 3rd this season and has a lot of their fans moaning.

Our fans have proved time and time again that they don’t want us to play like that. Even if it’s effective. I don’t know what the answer is but I don’t think you can compare us with St Johnstone. 

11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

2 hours ago, tynewater said:

Dundee perhaps targeted the play offs all along. It would make sense to peak at the right time. 

Just saw the 1st game but was very impressed with how Dundee approached it. They gave everything. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

One of these days Scumdog will look back and see how big a tit he was

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Bit of banter from him though, eh?  Livens up the dressing room :vrface:

What a ****ing tit.  Glad to see people cringing at him.

32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

You would think he played in both legs and scored a winning goal the way he was messing about last night and in this video. the guy is a tosser.

I messaged my mate last night and said that Look at the way Cummings is swaggering about in the celebrations he never even came on or played a part in the two legs the guy is a clown. 

31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Jack Hamilton pulling him off it at the end. 

professorfate
2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Micky Mellon has left Dundee United after 1 season in charge.

I hope they take neilson back I would drive him up there myself.

43 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Perfect summary.

The hotel will be glad they cleared any flat screen TVs out of the room or no doubt, they would have been chucked out of the window!

Imagine if the light fitting had given way when he was swinging on it.

This guy has problems, especially when drink is brought into the equation.

Wonder if Dundee will be the next team to ditch him? JC is a liability not an asset.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Jack Hamilton pulling him off it at the end. 

Never seen that part..... 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why not use ours v hibs and celtic games and the Dundee games and on top of that the fact we were by a distance better than Dundee. 

Surely if anything it means that certain folk who have predicted us being relegated, struggling or no where near the top 6 will have a bit perspective now. 

Because that would be far too positive. Our best performances and results this season have been against the better teams yet apparently we'll struggle against the better teams.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Because that would be far too positive. Our best performances and results this season have been against the better teams yet apparently we'll struggle against the better teams.

Do you think we’ve been great? Just look at the last few years. A scattered few wins v the Old Firm, turned the derby around after a small downturn after March 2018.

The biggest failing is finding consistency and losing to teams we expect to defeat.  At the moment, recent good performances against “better teams” just look like any other clubs in that we lift ourselves significantly.  That’s going on our SPL form. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Do you think we’ve been great? Just look at the last few years. A scattered few wins v the Old Firm, turned the derby around after a small downturn after March 2018.

The biggest failing is finding consistency and losing to teams we expect to defeat.  At the moment, recent good performances against “better teams” just look like any other clubs in that we lift ourselves significantly.  That’s going on our SPL form. 

No, but in terms of this team they didn't look out their depth against these better teams we're apparently going to struggle against next season. The manager we have right now is the last one who was able to make us competitive over full season against everyone. If we can keep our main players fit, which has been our main problem the last few years, we'll have as much chance as anyone of having a good season. We'll make some new signings.

The Hibs and Aberdeen teams could look very different. Personally I think Ross has been riding his luck and will get found out in the league next season. No-one knows how Glass will do. No-one knows if Davidson is the real deal or another flash in the pan. That's the beauty of football and it's why we keep going back - you can't predict seasons the way some people are trying to on here. None of these experts predicted our start to 18/19 for example.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Tbf, no one thinks we've been great. 

The last manager that had us winning consistently to any standard  in the top flight, over a league season was Robbie. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, no one thinks we've been great. 

The last manager that had us winning consistently to any standard  in the top flight, over a league season was Robbie. 

Which no one can deny. What I’ll give him, is he knows home form is important. He won 11 in 15-16, only losing 3.    

Before he left, the home record was 5-2-1.  

This is what Hearts need to get back to. A strong season isn’t built on losing numerous games to inferior sides.  We’ve roughly always notched a good result at home v either of the old firm season on season.  We normally come out on top v Hibs.  We’ve largely had a good record v Aberdeen for the best part of the last 25 years. 

Big games aren’t our problem or really an indicator of how good we are. They shouldn’t be seen as a one off, but people should be talking of Hearts going into a bigger match of being a consistent team and being fancied. 

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Which no one can deny. What I’ll give him, is he knows home form is important. He won 11 in 15-16, only losing 3.    

Before he left, the home record was 5-2-1.  

This is what Hearts need to get back to. A strong season isn’t built on losing numerous games to inferior sides.  We’ve roughly always notched a good result at home v either of the old firm season on season.  We normally come out on top v Hibs.  We’ve largely had a good record v Aberdeen for the best part of the last 25 years. 

Big games aren’t our problem or really an indicator of how good we are. They shouldn’t be seen as a one off, but people should be talking of Hearts going into a bigger match of being a consistent team and being fancied. 

Yip. 

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Malky Mackay to be announced as Ross County manager tomorrow.

Ross County slip even further down the moral high ground. 

12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

what a bell end he is.  Not content with trashing his rented house down south up he comes and is still a bell end.

and to think some want him playing for us. I’d rather have Cole Stockton back than this ring piece 

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Malky Mackay to be announced as Ross County manager tomorrow.

Further confirmation that Roy McGregor is a piece of shit.

Strange if Barry Ferguson takes over al Alloa as Mulraney is a big Celtic man. Sort of proves they like being in business together! There should be a sign with "Illegally since 1905" when the "Old Firm" is mentioned to go with their copyright!

Barry's failures at Clyde and Blackpool will likely be airbrushed from history and his success at Kelty emphasised, Kelty are bankrolled in a similar way to Cove so have players like Nathan "Fash" Austin playing - who chose them over League 1 East Fife due to better part-time wages (he even went to East Fife on loan for a month to stay match fit in lockdown).

I watched the Kelty-Stranraer Scottish Cup tie where Kelty went two up early. The Stranraer manager changed tactics and made a sub and Stranraer bossed the last 60 mins, even if the winner wasn't till the last minute. Barry didn't know what to do to change things (no plan B).

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Ross County's Supporters Liaison Officer tweeting that feelings of fans have been made to the board.

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Strange if Barry Ferguson takes over al Alloa as Mulraney is a big Celtic man. Sort of proves they like being in business together! There should be a sign with "Illegally since 1905" when the "Old Firm" is mentioned to go with their copyright!

Barry's failures at Clyde and Blackpool will likely be airbrushed from history and his success at Kelty emphasised, Kelty are bankrolled in a similar way to Cove so have players like Nathan "Fash" Austin playing - who chose them over League 1 East Fife due to better part-time wages (he even went to East Fife on loan for a month to stay match fit in lockdown).

I watched the Kelty-Stranraer Scottish Cup tie where Kelty went two up early. The Stranraer manager changed tactics and made a sub and Stranraer bossed the last 60 mins, even if the winner wasn't till the last minute. Barry didn't know what to do to change things (no plan B).

Never knew he was linked with Alloa .

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Ferguson was paying players out his own pocket at both Blackpool and Clyde. I think you’re being extremely harsh on him and I wish him all the best. 

Paul Sheerin going to be announced as new Falkirk manager today according to a Falkirk fan mate of mine.  

Thought they would of went for Yogi Hughes. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

The Malky Mackay appointment is just completely baffling 😂

Another dinosaur apparently, hope they get relegated again.,

Pasquale for King
On 25/05/2021 at 11:41, Newton51 said:

There’s another where he is up on the table and says McPake told him he was an big player etc then he’s got splinters in his arse from sitting on the bench. McPake just laughed along. Can’t see them getting to use that hotel again. 

Ross County completely failing to read the room :rofl:

E2Tu4pMX0AAkCCv?format=jpg&name=small

Surely this won't go well?