*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

John Findlay

As I said in the Nisbet thread. There really is not much difference in ability between the SPFL and the championship outwith the ugly sisters.

• Replies 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kilmarnock won't be missed. One of a few clubs to give the OF three out of four stands when they visit. 

Pains to see Dundee up but they are a bigger asset to the top league than Killie. We get to hand out more thrashings to McPake and there will be some Dundee Derbies too at least.

King prawn
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As I said in the Nisbet thread. There really is not much difference in ability between the SPFL and the championship outwith the ugly sisters.

Bottom 4 and top 3 I’d agree. Big difference between the likes of us, Aberdeen and St Johnstone if we were to play Alloa, Greenock and Ayr every week. 

stevie1874
12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Tommy Wright has to take a chunk of responsibility for these dire two legged performances.    Awful tactics.    Some players though haven't shown enough quality. 

Get the impression over the two legs that Wright no very popular amongst his players?

stevie1874
Just now, bigdav said:

On the bench. Never got on in either leg.

Another hyped up world eater from down Lochend way

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Tommy Wright broke the 100m record going down the tunnel at the end there. Dont think he will be there next season.

I believe he did not miss the Killie players after an earlier defeat.

Think they thought it was pay back time?

He will be gone I imagine.

Lost the dressing room big time.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Tommy Wright broke the 100m record going down the tunnel at the end there. Dont think he will be there next season.

He has signed a deal to Summer 2023...................however there may well be a break clause if relegated and that may be activated

Naismith to Killie ? if only it wasn't for that plastic pitch

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Australis said:

I believe he did not miss the Killie players after an earlier defeat.

Think they thought it was pay back time?

He will be gone I imagine.

Lost the dressing room big time.

Makes sense for Killie to just rebuild from scratch. Get a new management team in (I could really see Naismith going as an assistant) and build a team. Though they would have to give themselves two years.

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Pepe McPake 😄

The love-in is embarrassing. Dundee (piss poor, will go straight back down) beat an abject Kilie team who clearly don't give a feck. 

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If he goes tomorrow that will be at least 11 of 42 clubs managerless. Ridiculous. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Nelms is going to get a shock next season as he seems to think they’re ready. 

"Going for a top six place". :facepalm:

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The purge of the artificial surfaces it seems. Livi next? 🤔 

Perfect time for SPL to say from season after next - no artificial pitches  in top league allowed 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Get the impression over the two legs that Wright no very popular amongst his players?

He had them scoring goals and playing well last few weeks.    They just folded the last two games.    No idea why.   Tactics were basic.    Not enough quality in key positions.    He said before the match "the players just need to go out and play their game".    That's coy, arrogant or truthful.    I think the team were better than that long ball nonsense.  

They got what they deserved.   I'm getting on board with another plastic pitch out the league and one less bogey team.

Another season to thump Dundee. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he goes tomorrow that will be at least 11 of 42 clubs managerless. Ridiculous. 

Im losing track with all these managerial changes. 

Mellon to leave Utd

Fergusson to leave Kelty

Hughes leaves County

Duffy leaves Dumbarton 

Crawford leaves Dunfermline

Who else has gone?

Pasquale for King

Considering how poor Dundee have been against us it’s quite a shock they’ve easily beat Killie. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

Mellon to leave Utd

Fergusson to leave Kelty

Hughes leaves County

Duffy leaves Dumbarton 

Who else has gone?

Falkirk, Inverness and maybe morton

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rudy T said:

Mellon to leave Utd

Fergusson to leave Kelty

Hughes leaves County

Duffy leaves Dumbarton 

Who else has gone?

ICT job up for grabs and maybe Killie. 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Mellon to leave Utd

Fergusson to leave Kelty

Hughes leaves County

Duffy leaves Dumbarton 

Who else has gone?

Alloa and Celtic 

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"Going for a top six place". :facepalm:

Is it that ridiculous? This season Livi and St Johnstone both finished top 6 and St Mirren missed out by a tiny margin. Dundee could reasonably claim to be bigger than all of those teams. Dundee clearly have a decent wage budget. If I was a Dundee fan I'd think that is the kind of ambitous target I wanted the club to be setting. Compare that to Budge and Neilson who think top 6 is a suitable target for Hearts.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Is it that ridiculous? This season Livi and St Johnstone both finished top 6 and St Mirren missed out by a tiny margin. Dundee could reasonably claim to be bigger than all of those teams. Dundee clearly have a decent wage budget. If I was a Dundee fan I'd think that is the kind of ambitous target I wanted the club to be setting. Compare that to Budge and Neilson who think top 6 is a suitable target for Hearts.

Yes.

Hubris - and even Kris Boyd laughed at the idea. 

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Perfect time for SPL to say from season after next - no artificial pitches  in top league allowed 

This in buckets.

RustyRightPeg

Good interview from Wright. Pulled no punches and brutally honest. Refreshing to hear.

Mcpake going through his face time on his phone.   Snodgrass and Grithiths.   He was showing the cameras, almost like they are going to sign them or at least one. 

Anyone notice that. 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Alloa and Celtic 

Ffs it’s been that long since Lennon left I forgot about Celtic.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Good interview from Wright. Pulled no punches and brutally honest. Refreshing to hear.

Refreshing apart from blaming everyone apart from himself. A man who spent most of the game sitting in the dugout in the huff. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Mcpake going through his face time on his phone.   Snodgrass and Grithiths.   He was showing the cameras, almost like they are going to sign them or at least one. 

Anyone notice that. 

Big pals with Snodgrass. Came through the youth system then first team at Livi with him

The thumb has previous with Dundee

Wouldn't surprise me to see both sign for Dundee

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Tommy Wright is a ****ing Footballing dinosaur who hasn't realised the game has moved on in the past 20 years, and his long hoofball tactics tonight were predictably awful against a team that didn't even have to do much to cope with them. No style, no tactics, just punt it long and diagonally. 

People actually wanted him as manager as well.  :vrface:

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Falkirk, Inverness and maybe morton

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

ICT job up for grabs and maybe Killie. 

Really hope we see an influx of talented young managers, the game as a whole needs to improve and this cautious defensive dare not lose approach to go.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Tommy Wright is a ****ing Footballing dinosaur who hasn't realised the game has moved on in the past 20 years, and his long hoofball tactics tonight were predictably awful against a team that didn't even have to do much to cope with them. No style, no tactics, just punt it long and diagonally. 

He would’ve been our Butcher. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Really hope we see an influx of talented young managers, the game as a whole needs to improve and this cautious defensive dare not lose approach to go.

Absolutely, not the same old dross. 

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Mellon to leave Utd

Fergusson to leave Kelty

Hughes leaves County

Duffy leaves Dumbarton 

Who else has gone?

Celtic, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, United, Ross County, ICT, Alloa, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir and Kelty all currently managerless

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

‘Dinosaur’ is exactly the word that comes to mind when I hear the name Tommy Wright. It’s quite telling when you look at what Davidson has now done with StJ… and Wright relegates Killie. Cannae believe some touted him for us. 

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

‘Dinosaur’ is exactly the word that comes to mind when I hear the name Tommy Wright. It’s quite telling when you look at what Davidson has now done with StJ… and Wright relegates Killie. Cannae believe some touted him for us. 

It's possible we had the same problems as killie if you go by what Wright said.   "the players don't listen".   

Tommy Brown
11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Any manager that manages 2 wins back to back has been clambered for on here in the last few years.

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, bigdav said:

On the bench. Never got on in either leg.

He’s not got a good overall record in them 😆😜

35 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Anyone notice that. 

McPake will provide much entertainment next season. Assuming he can get time off from delivering boxes of milk tray. Polo necked prick. 

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, United, Ross County, ICT, Alloa, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir and Kelty all currently managerless

I wonder where Levein will slot in

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mister T said:

McPake will provide much entertainment next season. Assuming he can get time off from delivering boxes of milk tray. Polo necked prick. 

Maybe afford the second stage of his hair weave. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder where Levein will slot in

Anywhere so we don’t have to listen to him on the radio. I know a head coach he could have, likes his notes. 

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pieandbovril posted this earlier today (before Hughes, Ferguson and Mellon all left.) 

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I follow a few St Johnstone fans on twitter and its very telling that they dont miss Tommy Wright one bit (this was before the Scottish cup win) and even happy to see him have a terrible time.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Considering how poor Dundee have been against us it’s quite a shock they’ve easily beat Killie. 

In a way it really shows how easy the premiership could be for us with the right players and management. We have the budget to easily push for top 4. St J have hopefully opened some eyes at Tynecastle to show just how much we've underperformed with the resources at our disposal.

Same as every year, this is a big window for us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

In a way it really shows how easy the premiership could be for us with the right players and management. We have the budget to easily push for top 4. St J have hopefully opened some eyes at Tynecastle to show just how much we've underperformed with the resources at our disposal.

Same as every year, this is a big window for us.

Definitely, still a bit shocked that the

Dundee team we ripped apart twice have won these games so easily and could’ve scored more. 
There’s nothing to fear up there, if only the manager would believe it.