Mafia: Trust No-one! Part 1

Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Vote Smack

I know I not long ago unvoted him, but his reason for finding me trustworthy based on the fact that I got him to vote Stuart instead of me doesn't convince me.

You voted Stuart.... 😁 

But I think I'll trust you based on the fact you don't appear on the goon lists of anyone I'm leaning toward trusting. 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• Marvin

• Bunny Munro

Just now, Shapes said:

Why would I do the rudi vote thing AND also keep voting smack if he was a fellow goon and with people already voting him? That'd be the worst goon play ever. I'd be getting rid of both my fellow goons leaving me the only one still in play.

I mean, I've seen some bad towns but the fact so many are still suspicious of me when I'm blatantly town is astonishing.

There was literally no time between bunny posting and me posting. I was waiting on Sean's inevitable late vote and ready to change but simply wasn't on time to save Stuart from a lynching. Even Bunny had to ask if I was in time because it was so close to him calling night. Goons might vote for their own but there is no way they'd take a risk on night one and put a deciding vote on one of their own to put them in a two way tie. 

Open your eyes 🙄

Aye, that's why I said I trust you as otherwise thats a really stupid move

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

Aye, that's why I said I trust you as otherwise thats a really stupid move

I don't get why people aren't seeing it 😂  I'm tempted to say there will be one goon with me in a goon list but I'd say the rest are probably good.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Why would I do the rudi vote thing AND also keep voting smack if he was a fellow goon and with people already voting him? That'd be the worst goon play ever. I'd be getting rid of both my fellow goons leaving me the only one still in play.

I mean, I've seen some bad towns but the fact so many are still suspicious of me when I'm blatantly town is astonishing.

There was literally no time between bunny posting and me posting. I was waiting on Sean's inevitable late vote and ready to change but simply wasn't on time to save Stuart from a lynching. Even Bunny had to ask if I was in time because it was so close to him calling night. Goons might vote for their own but there is no way they'd take a risk on night two and put a deciding vote on one of their own to put them in a two way tie. 

Open your eyes 🙄

That's why I voted for Smack as I'm more confident in him being goonly than you 😂

I do find your list interesting though considering who I think fills up some of the other roles.

8 minutes ago, Smack said:

Some interesting trust lists floating around which match up a bit. 

Marvin and Dawnrazor seem to mutually trust each other, and both trust Boof who most of us have trusted since day 2. I think I also now trust Milky even more, Yvonne, and Sheldon. 

Why do you trust Milky, Yvonne and Sheldon? I actually think Sheldon is coming across as a bit dodgy so interested to hear what your reasoning for trusting these 3 is.

Edited by Shapes

Where is the Marvin and dawnrazor trust thing coming from? All I've seen in regards to that is marvin doing what smack is doing and listing random people he trusts based on gut🤷‍♀️

Why do you trust Milky, Yvonne and Sheldon? I actually think Sheldon is coming across as a bit dodgy so interested to hear what your reasoning for trusting these 3 is.

Just now, Shapes said:

Where is the Marvin and dawnrazor trust thing coming from? All I've seen in regards to that is marvin doing what smack is doing and listing random people he trusts based on gut🤷‍♀️

Dawnrazor and Marvin have lengthy trust lists, and they include people I'm leaning towards trusting and each other, and crucially don't include people I have my doubts over. 

Dawnrazor says he trusts Sheldon so I'm tentatively going with that. 

My goon list is

Sean - He's the one who actually saved Rudi

Shapes - don't buy the accidentally too late vote thing. 

Only one of the above... maybe

Then one of Groot, Simo or Dunks who are playing the quiet goon role. 

Day 2 I might call the Rudi v Stuart day :lol:

Dawnrazor votes Stuart - Stuart 1-0 Rudi

Yvonne votes Rudi - Stuart 1-1 Rudi

Smack votes Stuart - Stuart 2-1 Rudi

Milky votes Rudi - Stuart 2-2 Rudi

Smack unvotes Stuart - Stuart 1-2 Rudi

Smack votes Rudi - Stuart 1-3 Rudi

Dawnrazor unvotes Stuart - Stuart 0-3 Rudi

Dawnrazor votes Rudi - Stuart 0-4 Rudi (Goon-chat must have been a bit fervent at this time :lol:

Sheldon votes Stuart - Stuart 1-4 Rudi

Marvin votes Stuart - Stuart 2-4 Rudi

Rudi votes Stuart - Stuart 3-4 Rudi

Simo votes Stuart - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Stuart votes Rudi - Stuart 4-5 Rudi

Smack unvotes Rudi - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Simo unvotes Stuart - Stuart 3-4 Rudi

Smack votes Stuart - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Sean votes Stuart - Stuart 5-4 Rudi

I'd suggest that makes Yvonne look like a good guy (as she always claims!). Milky looks good. And Dawnrazor looks good to put a goon  into a 4-0 lead would be a bold move!

That really does make Sean and Smack look dodgy...

I can't recall what happened after night was called - was it Sean trying to change to Simo and Shapes trying to do something?

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Day 2 I might call the Rudi v Stuart day :lol:

Dawnrazor votes Stuart - Stuart 1-0 Rudi

Yvonne votes Rudi - Stuart 1-1 Rudi

Smack votes Stuart - Stuart 2-1 Rudi

Milky votes Rudi - Stuart 2-2 Rudi

Smack unvotes Stuart - Stuart 1-2 Rudi

Smack votes Rudi - Stuart 1-3 Rudi

Dawnrazor unvotes Stuart - Stuart 0-3 Rudi

Dawnrazor votes Rudi - Stuart 0-4 Rudi (Goon-chat must have been a bit fervent at this time :lol:

Sheldon votes Stuart - Stuart 1-4 Rudi

Marvin votes Stuart - Stuart 2-4 Rudi

Rudi votes Stuart - Stuart 3-4 Rudi

Simo votes Stuart - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Stuart votes Rudi - Stuart 4-5 Rudi

Smack unvotes Rudi - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Simo unvotes Stuart - Stuart 3-4 Rudi

Smack votes Stuart - Stuart 4-4 Rudi

Sean votes Stuart - Stuart 5-4 Rudi

I'd suggest that makes Yvonne look like a good guy (as she always claims!). Milky looks good. And Dawnrazor looks good to put a goon  into a 4-0 lead would be a bold move!

That really does make Sean and Smack look dodgy...

I can't recall what happened after night was called - was it Sean trying to change to Simo and Shapes trying to do something?

yes re sean and shapes tried to change to rudi

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yes re sean and shapes tried to change to rudi

Actually Sheldon and Marvin not looking particularly clean either - based on day 2. 

Vote Shapes

22 minutes ago, Smack said:

Dawnrazor and Marvin have lengthy trust lists, and they include people I'm leaning towards trusting and each other, and crucially don't include people I have my doubts over. 

Dawnrazor says he trusts Sheldon so I'm tentatively going with that. 

Lengthy trust lists are easy to make up 🤷‍♀️

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU GUYS NEED WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT EXPLAINED btw. Losing my rag😂 everyone with the "not buying it" is either a goon or stupid. I literally posted within less than a minute of bunny and he actually had to ask if I got in on time. Why on earth would I try do that if I was a goon? I would have been risking it actually being on time and putting one of my own into a tie. 

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Actually Sheldon and Marvin not looking particularly clean either - based on day 2. 

Vote Shapes

🤦‍♀️

Whoops!

Too many names begin with 'S' :lol:

Sorry about that and...

Unvote Shapes

Vote Sheldon

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Going by BS

Had something of a brainwave - going to check it out but don't want to reveal it because it could be town-harmful. If I reveal it. It could shape my voting if I can make sense of it.

Of course it could turn out to be a load of Boofesque hee-haw. :lol: 

For now, though, I think I'll

Vote Smack

Strongly suspect that'll change

I'm guessing this is the Sean might be cop theory that has occurred to me.

Tbh, we've got the numbers, a strong core of trusted people, an assassin who seems happy to help, another guaranteed investigation tonight and a psychic doc working miracles 😁

We should win easily from here, so lynching me might not be the worst idea, it removes some doubt, let's the cop focus on someone else. I might even be the turncoat, not that I see myself as a likely goon target 😂

8 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Lengthy trust lists are easy to make up 🤷‍♀️

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU GUYS NEED WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT EXPLAINED btw. Losing my rag😂 everyone with the "not buying it" is either a goon or stupid. I literally posted within less than a minute of bunny and he actually had to ask if I got in on time. Why on earth would I try do that if I was a goon? I would have been risking it actually being on time and putting one of my own into a tie. 

Not buying it.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not buying it.

Well you're stupid. And my vote is staying on you anyway.

Just now, Shapes said:

Well you're stupid. And my vote is staying on you anyway.

😅 just a joke 👍

11 minutes ago, Boof said:

Whoops!

Too many names begin with 'S' :lol:

Sorry about that and...

Unvote Shapes

Vote Sheldon

Oh.....

5 minutes ago, Smack said:

I'm guessing this is the Sean might be cop theory that has occurred to me.

Hmmmm - I wasn't thinking of that. Sean being the cop IS a possibility since he wasn't going to use BS. If he had used BS he certainly wouldn't have found me to be the assassin :lol: 

Also the goons hit-list...are they trying to kill folk or turn folk? And have the Doc's saves prevented folk getting turned? That would be some result!

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Oh.....

...not sure I like the sound of that. Seems a bit...ominous...

I'm sticking with sean for now, but I might change to shapes, protesting too hard I recon.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm sticking with sean for now, but I might change to shapes, protesting too hard I recon.

No, just frustrated.

Just now, Boof said:

...not sure I like the sound of that. Seems a bit...ominous...

It would be I think , Sheldon is a good guy for me.

So if I'm reading this right, sheldon and dawnrazor are implying they are two of the masons. I would have thought it would have been a bit early to reveal that, but then that puts suspicion on marvin and his random list of names he seems to have plucked from nowhere.

So if I'm reading this right, sheldon and dawnrazor are implying they are two of the masons. I would have thought it would have been a bit early to reveal that, but then that puts suspicion on marvin and his random list of names he seems to have plucked from nowhere.

That's not how I'm reading it. But I'll say no more since (a) I'm usually wrong (b) on the off chance I'm right the goons can wotk it out for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Smack said:

That's not how I'm reading it. But I'll say no more since (a) I'm usually wrong (b) on the off chance I'm right the goons can wotk it out for themselves. 

They're saying they trust each other. Well, dawnrazor has, and sheldon has implied so by saying he finds my list and vote for dawnrazor interesting. They aren't above each other on the player list so neither one is the cop. So that either means they are masons or goons.

Only one of them has to be a mason, the other knows that the other or some others know in amongst the known unknowns and is making an educated guess. Which would lead to trusting one other who knows the other but not the others and the others might not know this other for reasons I won't get into because it's just a theory and probably wide of the mark. But I think it adds up. 

9 minutes ago, Shapes said:

So that either means they are masons or goons.

Or clueless townies who find other folk dodgier?

Or any combination of the above...the goon would easily be able to say they find someone trustworthy.

On 26/06/2020 at 07:53, Boof said:

...however I have a feeling I won't be seeing day 3.

This has been puzzling me Boof - why so sure?

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

I thought it was fairly obvious but don't really want to say much more

Just now, Groot said:

I thought it was fairly obvious but don't really want to say much more

As did I at the time, but doesn't make any sense now.

28 minutes ago, Shapes said:

They aren't above each other on the player list so neither one is the cop......

How's that?

22 minutes ago, Smack said:

Only one of them has to be a mason, the other knows that the other or some others know in amongst the known unknowns and is making an educated guess. Which would lead to trusting one other who knows the other but not the others and the others might not know this other for reasons I won't get into because it's just a theory and probably wide of the mark. But I think it adds up. 

34a1d71cf621b1694442fc515ebd758cd9ddd32a

18 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Thought the lead poisoning would be augmented by another dose...that it wasn't is absolutely perplexing. Unless the goons were seeking someone to turn rather than kill.

I suspect their night 2 target was also unturnable. 

I have a trust list of me + 1 other.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm an innocent townie, happy to take one for the team if needs be. I think there's at least one other player who can vouch for me.

One of the most interesting things about these games is how differently certain things can be interpreted and this game is a prime example of that.

14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

34a1d71cf621b1694442fc515ebd758cd9ddd32a

It was a bit Humphrey 😂

Sheldon throwing shade at my theory anyway. 

The alternative is that you are an other known by others. 

The other alternative is that I'm barking at the wrong forest, never mind tree. 

22 minutes ago, Boof said:

Thought the lead poisoning would be augmented by another dose...that it wasn't is absolutely perplexing. Unless the goons were seeking someone to turn rather than kill.

Which suggests the goons are rubbish.

Or .... 🤔

23 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I'm an innocent townie, happy to take one for the team if needs be. I think there's at least one other player who can vouch for me.

One of the most interesting things about these games is how differently certain things can be interpreted and this game is a prime example of that.

If you were just a townie you wouldn't know that there is another player who can vouch for you? If doc saved you, you wouldn't know you were the one who had been saved. On night 1 the Cop investigated using bs and found the assassin and you would only know if he investigated you last night if you were roled.  

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

If you were just a townie you wouldn't know that there is another player who can vouch for you? If doc saved you, you wouldn't know you were the one who had been saved. On night 1 the Cop investigated using bs and found the assassin and you would only know if he investigated you last night if you were roled.  

Everything I've said is purely based on my reading of the game. Nothing more. I'm happy to be used as bait if it means keeping a good roled player in the game.

If you think I'm goonly then you're very much barking up the wrong tree, but you maybe know I'm a good guy anyway...

yvonnejambo

Have had a read back and as others have said, don’t want to out the good role players. Think I have sussed a couple. 
So as the person who seems to be wanting them to out themselves more and from the voting pattern from day 1 and day 2, as well as being overly defensive (like Rudi did) 

Vote Shapes 

Will see what happens as I have a few I trust and a few I’m finding dodgy, but won’t name anyone until I see how they vote.

i may change vote later if see anything else  

yvonnejambo
52 minutes ago, Boof said:

This is a good point, would the goons prefer getting a townie that could be turned rather than going straight for a roled player 🤔

yvonnejambo

I also have 2 potential Doctors, but don’t want to say who or why. I think if we can get through today and tonight relatively unscathed, we have a good chance tomorrow after another investigation and maybe another doc save 😁

37 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Which suggests the goons are rubbish.

Or .... 🤔

My first thought was that the goons are rubbish. Now I'm of a mind that they're actively trying to recruit. Failing on night 1 suggests that they went for the Doc who probably saved himself on night 1 if nobody else stood out as needing saved.

Ain't interested in him any more so didn't bother going for him night 2, instead looking for someone else to turn. Reckon it was an almighty fluke that whomever was saved on night 2 was chosen. Or there might have been some reasoning behind it...

Doc has a quandary tonight, though. IF he saved himself on night 1 does he do so again to stay alive for yet another day? Does he try to second-guess the goons' target...knowing that last night's save can't be saved again. If night 2 save was the turncoat...they could be turned tonight.

Will the assassin want to get rid of anyone tonight? A goon would be handy!

23 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Have had a read back and as others have said, don’t want to out the good role players. Think I have sussed a couple. 
So as the person who seems to be wanting them to out themselves more and from the voting pattern from day 1 and day 2, as well as being overly defensive (like Rudi did) 

Vote Shapes 

Will see what happens as I have a few I trust and a few I’m finding dodgy, but won’t name anyone until I see how they vote.

i may change vote later if see anything else  

Goon.