Mafia: Trust No-one! Part 1

Bunny Munro

I’m inclined to go with him tbh, with only 2 goons left and so many others it’d be a ballsy move to do it now

vote Smack

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• Marvin

• Bunny Munro

So looking at Boofs list, the trust lists (if you can even call them that, they've hardly been helpful) and Simo's latest post - someone, somewhere is lying.

Dawnrazor yesterday said that he trusted himself, sheldon, marvin, Yvonne and Boof (although I don't think trusting Boof was based on solid facts). Sheldon doesn't trust anyone which would indicate he has been investigated.

Nobody has actually really backed this up apart from Yvonne telling me I shouldn't be voting for known good (then it turning out she wouldn't actually have known that either).

Simo then comes along this morning and says the goons are between myself, smack, groot and Boof. So he is saying his trust list is as follows:

Him

Dunks

Marvin

Dawnrazor

Sheldon

Milky

Now this could check out in some ways, and does fit a theory I have, but it means I wasn't investigated last night which I find weird. 

I'm going to tentatively believe simo and stick with smack as I've had him on my list since the rudi vote. This definitely might change though.

14 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Unvote simo

vote smack

I can't make my mind up.

I'm not convinced with Smack's reasons to find me trustworthy. I still could be one of the remaining Goons. I know I'm definitely not, but you guys don't know that. You can only go on my voting and other posts.

In fact, I don't trust what anyone says at the moment until at least one other player corroborates which hasn't happened thus far in the game. So I will 

Unvote smack

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm not convinced with Smack's reasons to find me trustworthy. I still could be one of the remaining Goons. I know I'm definitely not, but you guys don't know that. You can only go on my voting and other posts.

Dawnrazor and simo also trust you so you can't all be part of the one team.

Just now, Shapes said:

Dawnrazor and simo also trust you so you can't all be part of the one team.

But is Simo trying to stay under the Town's radar. I've already said that I have trust in 2 others, one is Dawnrazor. I have my own reasons for trusting him. I'm not a Mason so don't expect to see any solid trust lists.

I’m fairly certain based on what he’s said previously that Boof is a good guy so that’s why I trust him but if I’m right from what he’s said I also assume his trust lists are speculative 

Hi guyz 

Marvin is the assassin and Dawnrazor is the cop in case you missed that completely obvious post from Marvin!

That also suggests therefore that Simo is more than likely a Mason

I’m keeping my vote where it is

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

But is Simo trying to stay under the Town's radar. I've already said that I have trust in 2 others, one is Dawnrazor. I have my own reasons for trusting him. I'm not a Mason so don't expect to see any solid trust lists.

See this is exactly what I'm getting at. You're all coming out with these lists but then saying you aren't masons. There is only 2 townies left and one of them is me. So there are people lying. And nobody is backing each other up which is making is easier for the goons.

As I've said, I understand caution but you're all speaking in riddles at the moment and it isn't making it easy to place a vote.

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

Hi guyz 

Marvin is the assassin and Dawnrazor is the cop in case you missed that completely obvious post from Marvin!

That then puts the theory I had completely to bed then. I'm stumped. I'm away out the now but will look later 

I had milky as cop and sheldon as assassin as sheldon was implying he was on his own but "one person could vouch for him"

One last thing before I go, folk can moan about exposing roles etc but when the good roled players at this stage are giving us practically nothing then it has to be done.

8 minutes ago, Groot said:

Hi guyz 

the only reason this would have been a bad idea is if the goons were inexperienced players but since rudi is one they would have picked up on what marvin said.

So Simo names 4 folk, saying 2 are goons. Meanwhile, 3 of the 4 have voted for Simo already. All 3 overnight - an oft used goon tactic. Or is Simo just trying to save himself?

Marvin is the othee who has voted for Simo, yet he appears to be trusted. Marvin - do you have reason to disbelieve Simo?

I'm on Simo's trust list by default, as is every other player. I'm on my trust list, so I agree that far.

35 minutes ago, Shapes said:

So looking at Boofs list, the trust lists (if you can even call them that, they've hardly been helpful) and Simo's latest post - someone, somewhere is lying.

Dawnrazor yesterday said that he trusted himself, sheldon, marvin, Yvonne and Boof (although I don't think trusting Boof was based on solid facts). Sheldon doesn't trust anyone which would indicate he has been investigated.

Nobody has actually really backed this up apart from Yvonne telling me I shouldn't be voting for known good (then it turning out she wouldn't actually have known that either).

Simo then comes along this morning and says the goons are between myself, smack, groot and Boof. So he is saying his trust list is as follows:

Him

Dunks

Marvin

Dawnrazor

Sheldon

Milky

Now this could check out in some ways, and does fit a theory I have, but it means I wasn't investigated last night which I find weird. 

I'm going to tentatively believe simo and stick with smack as I've had him on my list since the rudi vote. This definitely might change though.

One last last bit of analysis.

Dawnrazor trusts

Himself - cop?

Marvin - assassin? Investigated night 1

Sheldon - Mason?

Yvonne - dead townie investigated night 2?

Boof - speculation

Simo trusts

Himself - Mason?

Dawnrazor - cop?

Marvin - assassin?

Sheldon - mason?

Dunks/milky - one mason and one investigated last night?

Leaving myself, smack, groot and Boof to be two out of 4. I mean, it checks out but I think we need corroboration from someone.

Seeing we're sharing and all, re my post above Boof has hinted (terribly in some cases 😁 ) that hes the doc so thats why I don't believe he's a goon

Shapes seems very keen not to vote for Smack or Boof (I'm not counting the quick vote/unvote as if to get one on the board)

Dunks, no point asking Marvin he doesn't know anything except hes the assassin and was investigated night 1

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

One last last bit of analysis.

Dawnrazor trusts

Himself - cop?

Marvin - assassin? Investigated night 1

Sheldon - Mason?

Yvonne - dead townie investigated night 2?

Boof - speculation

Simo trusts

Himself - Mason?

Dawnrazor - cop?

Marvin - assassin?

Sheldon - mason?

Dunks/milky - one mason and one investigated last night?

Leaving myself, smack, groot and Boof to be two out of 4. I mean, it checks out but I think we need corroboration from someone.

I honestly don't know what you're waiting on, there's no way I can see the goons can win this now unless you're stalling

5 minutes ago, Groot said:

Seeing we're sharing and all, re my post above Boof has hinted (terribly in some cases 😁 ) that hes the doc so thats why I don't believe he's a goon

Shapes seems very keen not to vote for Smack or Boof (I'm not counting the quick vote/unvote as if to get one on the board)

Dunks, no point asking Marvin he doesn't know anything except hes the assassin and was investigated night 1

Smack is who I'm most likely to vote for. Narrowing it down then it's yourself and smack that are goons if Simo is to be believed and Boof is to be trusted. But then again this could be bold goon play from Boof- does anyone want to counter his claims he is the doc? 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
22 minutes ago, Groot said:

Hi guyz 

I'm surprised that more folk haven't realised this. I thought it was pretty obvious! The goons of course could be playing this down though.

I'm playing golf this afternoon so won't be around for a few hours. I'll be keeping my vote where it is though.

Let's go with Simo for a minute and look closer at the four.

Boof

Inferred strongly on day 2 that he was the Doc. Yet Goons let him be - assuming he protected himself on night 1. And they've left him alone ever since. Has produced lots of good analysis although messed up data quite a bit. Voted Simo through the night.

So he's either Doc or has been at it since day 2 and is a goon.

Smack

Another late voter for Simo. Has been a little erratic up to now and has been a suspected goon by a few in the town before now.

Shapes

Extremely erratic but then usually is. Hard to believe a goon would take themselves into a tie, but then it's a move that she might just go for.

Groot

Has been relatively quiet and may be hiding something, difficult to read.

I need coffee and time to look back voting patterns of the suspect 4, but for now, I'm backing Simo.

8 minutes ago, Groot said:

I don't get the quiet part tbh Ive been posting as much as anybody

Although not saying much, until recently.

FWIW, my goondar has you as least likely out the fateful four :D

Hard line Yvonne, you were on my trust list too.

New trust list.

Me!

Marvin

Simo

Sheldon

Boof (not 100% but just enough)

Milky.

Goon list

Shapes( just not convinced despite all the thrashing about!)

Groot...........

having a look at where we are if we are to trust simo. no reason not to then we need to focus on the four simo does not trust. their voting patterns might be the best way to look at it to try and find at least one of the goons. i would also look at rudis voting before he met his timely demise at the hands of the assassin.

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I'm surprised that more folk haven't realised this. I thought it was pretty obvious! The goons of course could be playing this down though.

I'm playing golf this afternoon so won't be around for a few hours. I'll be keeping my vote where it is though.

Can you confirm simo's claim? No point pretending you aren't roled now so we just need someone to confirm what simo is saying is true. That would be two of yourself, milky and dunks. 

I'll then have to pick between smack, groot and Boof.

7 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Can you confirm simo's claim? No point pretending you aren't roled now so we just need someone to confirm what simo is saying is true. That would be two of yourself, milky and dunks. 

People seem to believe me and it would be very bold to bluff with so many people left... The town is in a pretty strong position I think and you trying to "out" masons/rolled folk doesn't sit right with me tbh 

1 hour ago, Groot said:

I’m fairly certain based on what he’s said previously that Boof is a good guy so that’s why I trust him but if I’m right from what he’s said I also assume his trust lists are speculative 

Woah - steady! I've not posted trust lists - apart from ones that had me and 1 other as I stated at the time (might have named Yvonne - can't recall). I strongly suspect that the goons targeted Yvonne on night 2 and again on night 3 to get a guaranteed result.

The lists I posted yesterday were just get-the-information-out-there lists since, as Groot points out, Rudi would have worked out that information anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Groot said:

I don't get the quiet part tbh Ive been posting as much as anybody

Ahem... :lol: 

Simo has made what appears to be a valid plea so

unvote Simo

Dawnrazor's trust list seems too lengthy for him to be Cop. Marvin would be the BS result. That leaves 2 investigations but there's Simo, Sheldon and Milky on it as well as a not quite 100% Boof.

Speculation ahoy!

I would have thought Yvonne would be a guaranteed investigate so effectively one wasted...possibly not.

I've definitely not been investigated, hence the not quite 100% belief.

Leaving Simo, Sheldon and Milky on Dawny's trust list. 

And thus the goons to come from Dunks, Groot, Shapes, Smack (alphabetical order before anyone gets too defensive).

Doc's gonna feel a bit of a twat if he saved Shapes last night and she turns out to be a goon :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Simo said:

People seem to believe me and it would be very bold to bluff with so many people left... The town is in a pretty strong position I think and you trying to "out" masons/rolled folk doesn't sit right with me tbh 

But why not? As you said, we have enough players. Two masons corroborating each other isn't going to make a difference and people have worked out who the cop is anyway. Not one person has actually said for sure that what you are saying is true yet.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Woah - steady! I've not posted trust lists - apart from ones that had me and 1 other as I stated at the time (might have named Yvonne - can't recall). I strongly suspect that the goons targeted Yvonne on night 2 and again on night 3 to get a guaranteed result.

The lists I posted yesterday were just get-the-information-out-there lists since, as Groot points out, Rudi would have worked out that information anyway. 

Ahem... :lol: 

Simo has made what appears to be a valid plea so

unvote Simo

Dawnrazor's trust list seems too lengthy for him to be Cop. Marvin would be the BS result. That leaves 2 investigations but there's Simo, Sheldon and Milky on it as well as a not quite 100% Boof.

Speculation ahoy!

I would have thought Yvonne would be a guaranteed investigate so effectively one wasted...possibly not.

I've definitely not been investigated, hence the not quite 100% belief.

Leaving Simo, Sheldon and Milky on Dawny's trust list. 

And thus the goons to come from Dunks, Groot, Shapes, Smack (alphabetical order before anyone gets too defensive).

Doc's gonna feel a bit of a twat if he saved Shapes last night and she turns out to be a goon :lol: 

Simo is claiming to trust dunks

2 hours ago, Groot said:

I’m inclined to go with him tbh, with only 2 goons left and so many others it’d be a ballsy move to do it now

vote Smack

This is interesting because going by simo's list, it's between me, smack, groot and Boof.

Boof is claiming doc and nobody is arguing against it. I know I'm townie so that means groot and smack are the goons.

Mafia: Trust No-one! Part 1...couldn't have picked a more appropriate name for this game :lol: 

Simo goon list

Shapes

Smack

Groot

Boof (but that's just silly)

Shapes goon list

Smack

Groot

Boof (again - just silly)

Dawnrazor goon list (which I'm most inclined to believe)

Shapes

Groot

(Smack and Dunks not on trust or goon list)

I think for me it's gotta be...

Vote Groot

3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Boof is claiming doc and nobody is arguing against it.

Technically I've never claimed Doc-ness as that would lead to mod-kill if I were the Doc.

How people have interpreted my words is something I have no control over...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
34 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I don't know who the masons are. I've never "pretended" to be anything other than a townie as that's exactly what I am.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I don't know who the masons are. I've never "pretended" to be anything other than a townie as that's exactly what I am.

Well then that means there is flaws in these trust lists. Because you've been on them since early on but I'm gonna guess Marvin was night 1 investigation and I think yvonne was night 2 investigation. So that makes absolutely no sense. The only way it would make sense is if you were investigated night 2.

Edited by Shapes

BUT Yvonne was also on dawnrazor trust list meaning she likely was investigated. So sheldon being on it and on simo's but being a townie makes no sense. 

@Dawnrazor can you give us an updated trust list please?

Couldn't Sheldon have been investigated night 3?

And if Simo is a mason a good Sheldon would appear on Dawnrazor and Simo trust lists?

This was in response to @Shapes request.

Edited by Boof

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I assumed from reading the game that I was investigated on night 2. That may not be the case and it's just a case of the cop and the masons being a good judge of character.

2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

@Dawnrazor can you give us an updated trust list please?

It's not changed.

I had Yvonne on my trust as a guess really, she was the cop last time and and didn't think she'd be a rolled player this time.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Couldn't Sheldon have been investigated night 3?

And if Simo is a mason a good Sheldon would appear on Dawnrazor and Simo trust lists?

This was in response to @Shapes request.

He could have been but dawn has had him on his list since the start which was why I had thought they were part of the same team. Could have just been instinct though but it was written out like a trust list.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's not changed.

I had Yvonne on my trust as a guess really, she was the cop last time and and didn't think she'd be a rolled player this time.

Thank you. That makes things clearer. Sticking with groot. 

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's not changed.

In fact, there should be one more on it surely?

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

Technically I've never claimed Doc-ness as that would lead to mod-kill if I were the Doc.

How people have interpreted my words is something I have no control over...

Remind us again why the goons haven't taken you out yet.

Dawnrazor trust list.

Dawnrazor

Marvin

Simo

Sheldon

Milky.

I'm gonna take Yvonne out of the equation as it seems to have been a speculative trust.

So IF Dawnrazor is cop

Night 1 - Marvin

Night 2 - Simo, Sheldon or Milky

Night 3 - Simo, Sheldon or Milky

Something doesn't add up...

Ultimately, we have to pick 2 out of 4. We can only go for one tonight. If wrong, that leaves 2 from 3. Investigation tonight should therefore confirm.

All 4 on the list have displayed goonly traits, so it ain't easy for tonight.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Hard line Yvonne, you were on my trust list too.

New trust list.

Me!

Marvin

Simo

Sheldon

Milky.

Goon list

Shapes( just not convinced despite all the thrashing about!)

Groot...........

I missed this latest trust list.

Groot and smack are the goons (if Boof isn't playing the best goon game ever)