Mafia: Trust No-one! Part 1

Bunny Munro

Just now, jambosean75 said:

can't make life easy for you 🤪

First time I've tried this sort of thing. I have used a vote/unvote spreadsheet when running games...quite handy. I'll refrain from mentioning how much of a pain it is when one player *cough* - mentioning no names - makes the spreadsheet 15 columns wide for one day :lol: 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• Marvin

• Bunny Munro

yvonnejambo

I think with the amount of effort Boof is putting in makes him less likely to be goonly. 
it is handy Boof to see votings each day. 

2 hours ago, Boof said:

...however I have a feeling I won't be seeing day 3.

Looking back earlier in the game... Why do you think you wont last til day 3?

Rudi Skacel
3 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I think with the amount of effort Boof is putting in makes him less likely to be goonly. 

In fairness if Boof doesnt post much then he is a goon.

43 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

so the cops and the masons  know the assassin but the assassin also knows who the cop is

the good guys can't go after him without outing the cop but,

the assassin can't take out the cop without outing himself

M.A.D. (so we have another cold war)

Just one cop, but yeah.

Not sure why the assassin would want to remove the cop at this stage, unless they sided with the goons. If they want to win for themselves, they need the cop to find goons for the good guys to lynch.

Boof presents a good thesis, but unfortunately it is not conclusive at this stage. You can bet that goons voted for goons at some point on day one, so that later activity could be enlightening.

Goons got lucky with a rolled player on day 1 and although they saved themselves, it won't be for long :(

Stuart McNeill
18 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Or maybe trying to encourage people to think in a specific way 🤔

Reading over it, shapes definitely seemed most goonly. Unvoting someone out of the tie to put then do it to 2 others. The vote on Sean was may have been revenge but unsure.. 

Milkys tie vote could have just been to drag someone else into the tie to give himself a better chance of survival? 

That's if IIRC. 😂

I'll get the ball rolling..

Vote Milky. 

He was involved in voting te now deceased Iant into yesterdays tie.

52 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Is it a "thing" to vote for Sean on day 1?

It was Sean who did 5 unvotes!

I'm aye a bit wary of this "I always vote for player X on day 1".

It muddies the waters a bit and can give the goons a bit of a hiding place, I feel.

48 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Looking back earlier in the game... Why do you think you wont last til day 3?

Lead poisoning...😒

45 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

In fairness if Boof doesnt post much then he is a goon.

I told you I was busy... :lol: 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think I came on to catch up on this thread in the early hours of this morning and didn't make it all the way through. Possibly more drunk than I thought 😂

Feel bad for contributing towards Ian's demise as a fellow townie, but my reasons were stated at the time.

I'll have another read through once I've eaten and showered and vote then.

24 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Or maybe trying to encourage people to think in a specific way 🤔

Reading over it, shapes definitely seemed most goonly. Unvoting someone out of the tie to put then do it to 2 others. The vote on Sean was may have been revenge but unsure.. 

Milkys tie vote could have just been to drag someone else into the tie to give himself a better chance of survival? 

That's if IIRC. 😂

I'm not really sure why I'm the one who looks most goonly out of this tbh

Sean and I literally voted at the exact same time and voted for the same person. He then voted for me so I voted him back. Didn't unvote him because there was going to be a tie anyway. I could have unvoted him and went for someone who didn't have a vote (which I was struggling to find anyway) but then that would have meant less people in the tie so less chance of finding a goon.

I always find it interesting when things like that happen early on because whoever is responsible is normally held to account for it and 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be a townie. And 9 times out of 10 it's normally fellow towns people who start the witch hunt and the goons are able to just sit back and let it happen.

I'm gonna look back and have a proper read and see if anything sticks out, but Marvin having me and Sean on his goon list is either goonly or playing exactly into the goons hands (although for all I know Sean could easily have been a goon. Could  sheldon/dawnrazor be a goon alongside Sean and when I inadvertently put them out in the lead, Sean firstly voted for sheldon in a jokey way and then voted for me to bring me into a tie (turns out it wasn't because Boof hadn't voted for me) to save Dawnrazor?

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Is it a "thing" to vote for Sean on day 1?

It is for me, maybe folk like to jump on the bandwagon

7 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I'm not really sure why I'm the one who looks most goonly out of this tbh

Sean and I literally voted at the exact same time and voted for the same person. He then voted for me so I voted him back. Didn't unvote him because there was going to be a tie anyway. I could have unvoted him and went for someone who didn't have a vote (which I was struggling to find anyway) but then that would have meant less people in the tie so less chance of finding a goon.

I always find it interesting when things like that happen early on because whoever is responsible is normally held to account for it and 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be a townie. And 9 times out of 10 it's normally fellow towns people who start the witch hunt and the goons are able to just sit back and let it happen.

I'm gonna look back and have a proper read and see if anything sticks out, but Marvin having me and Sean on his goon list is either goonly or playing exactly into the goons hands (although for all I know Sean could easily have been a goon. Could  sheldon/dawnrazor be a goon alongside Sean and when I inadvertently put them out in the lead, Sean firstly voted for sheldon in a jokey way and then voted for me to bring me into a tie (turns out it wasn't because Boof hadn't voted for me) to save Dawnrazor?

Bit in bold is invariably true to be honest

19 minutes ago, Boof said:

It was Sean who did 5 unvotes!

I'm aye a bit wary of this "I always vote for player X on day 1".

It muddies the waters a bit and can give the goons a bit of a hiding place, I feel.

I always put a vote in then most times I'm liable to change but yesterday evening couldn't get near the game to post

yvonnejambo
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

So now, the cop and the assassin know who each other is????

Only if bs was used 

I'm assuming BS was used, still doesn't help me identify any roled player at this early point in the game. If so at least the cop and masons know who the assassin is.

7 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Only if bs was used 

Ok, so how do we know if the assassin is for the town? 

17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ok, so how do we know if the assassin is for the town? 

Goons win = assassin loss

Town win = town win, unless assassin last roled person alive in which case assassin win.

Were I in the assassin's shoes, I'd be trying to keep my powder dry until I was certain of hitting a roled person.

Given that the Cop knows the assassin - and so do all 3 masons - an assassin win is pretty unlikely so should be fighting for the town. If any roled folk get whacked along the way either through lynching or goon-whacking, all the better for him/her.

At least - that's how I'd look at it. Assassin might have different views.

Edited by Boof

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Goons win = assassin loss

Town win = town win, unless assassin last roled person alive in which case assassin win.

Were I in the assassin's shoes, I'd be trying to keep my powder dry until I was certain of hitting a roled person.

Given that the Cop knows the assassin - and so do all 3 masons - an assassin win is pretty unlikely so should be fighting for the town. If any roled folk get whacked along the way either through lynching or goon-whacking, all the better for him/her.

At least - that's how I'd look at it. Assassin might have different views.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Vote dawnrazor

asking too many questions and trying to get clarity on things which are easy to work out. 

Ooft!!

24 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Vote dawnrazor

asking too many questions and trying to get clarity on things which are easy to work out. 

Nowt wrong with that imho. Rather get some clarity instead of a good player being voted.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Yay my electrical problem is repaired. Now for a long awaited coffee  

You can just make a flask if you've no electricity then pour the water out for a coffee......

Edited by Dawnrazor

Might not get on later, so need to register a vote .... still nothing much to go on. 

Vote Dr Sheldon Cooper

Mainly due to inactivity - are they hiding?

yvonnejambo
48 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You can just make a flask if you've no electricity then pour the water out for a coffee......

That’s a fancy flask that boils the water 😆

I’m just going to go through my goon list by gut instinct. 

So will vote Rudi

36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

How does that work? 🤔

Anyway... goon list. 

Stuart - casting a slight aspersion on Boof who we trust

Milky/Marvin - Milky for voting Ian, if not Milky then Marvin for doubling down on Milky suspicions 

Everyone else except Boof. 

Faiy scattergun approach from me, and probably not really necessary given that the masons have a trust pool of 6 (assuming our friendly assassin plays ball). 

For now I'll.. 

Vote stuart

Even more open to change than usual. 

Rudi Skacel

Nah im not having that. 2 votes on me in the matter of minutes

unvote dawnrazor

vote milky

there arent any reasons given

The cop could be a handy person to medicate tonight just in case the assassin tries to win it for themself from here.

I'd be mightily surprised if the Doc had the foggiest notion who that is, though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

The cop could be a handy person to medicate tonight just in case the assassin tries to win it for themself from here.

I'd be mightily surprised if the Doc had the foggiest notion who that is, though :lol:

You wouldn't.... would you? It would have to be an extremely coded message as it also identifies the assassin. 

21 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Nah im not having that. 2 votes on me in the matter of minutes

unvote dawnrazor

vote milky

there arent any reasons given

why me and not yvonne?

i hadn't spotted yvonne had voted you.

i voted you because you had a go at dawn for asking questions and actually taking part in the game

Rudi Skacel
43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

why me and not yvonne?

i hadn't spotted yvonne had voted you.

i voted you because you had a go at dawn for asking questions and actually taking part in the game

50/50

and you didnt give any reason. You just done it. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Rudi if you are just a townie then this is all a bit overly defensive.

I had planned to vote a certain way but the above spat is making me re-think things, rightly or wrongly.

One to keep an eye on.

Rudi Skacel
37 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I had planned to vote a certain way but the above spat is making me re-think things, rightly or wrongly.

One to keep an eye on.

I wouldnt say its defensive. 2 people just voted me for almost back to back. I am no loss to the town,  but I wont sit back and get votes on me for no valid reasons hah. 

1 hour ago, Smack said:

It would have to be an extremely coded message as it also identifies the assassin. 

Believe it or not, I have done coded messages in the past. One worked a treat when I was the cop and investigated two folk I'd been buddies of previously. Once I found out they were clean I posted a coded message in plain sight - they picked up on it and we formed something of a group. I'm sure this was in pre-mason days so the cop had little in the way of pals :lol: 

The use of the coded message came about  as we didn't want folk to go profile-viewing and see us exchanging PMs - something that quickly got frowned upon.

Neither of those folk are playing this game, though.

Maybe best if the assassin doesn't blast the cop into oblivion as I fully expect the goons to go on a Doc-hunt tonight.

Just a question for @Bunny Munro - if the Doc medicated the same person two nights running is that them automatically dead? Or just hospitalised and maybe disallowed from voting next day? And if the goons went for them that second night...would that be a successful hit? Given that the Doc would be already weakened from his/her overdose? Possibly straying into medical ethics territory here... :lol: 

Numbered Playerlist.

1. Stuart McNeill

2. YvonneJambo

3. DawnRazor

4. Marvin

5. Groot

6. Shapes

7. Simo

8. JamboSean

9. Boof

10. Milky_26

11. IanTJambo

12. Dr Sheldon Cooper

13. Rudi Skacel

14. Dunks

15. Smack

Just a reminder of who's all playing - some folk are being a bit quiet for my liking.

If I should get bumped off tonight - ask yourselves why. Who would want to get rid of me? Aye - maybe a big list :lol:  

Stuart McNeill

Milky  (Marvin, rudi)
Stuart (Dawn, smack)
Dawn (Rudi - changed his vote to milky) 
Simo (Stuart)
Sheldon (dunks)
Rudi (Yvonne, milky)
Marvin (groot)

So the name is who's been voted for and brackets is who's voted them.. 

I've only noticed I've been voted twice and Idk why. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

One to keep an eye on.

I think so too. Even if he is town he could be the turncoat. The downside of that line of thought is that so could I be the turncoat. 

Let's see if there's any effort to save him. 

Unvote Stuart 

Vote Rudi

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Milky  (Marvin, rudi)
Stuart (Dawn, smack)
Dawn (Rudi - changed his vote to milky) 
Simo (Stuart)
Sheldon (dunks)
Rudi (Yvonne, milky)
Marvin (groot)

So the name is who's been voted for and brackets is who's voted them.. 

I've only noticed I've been voted twice and Idk why. 

I gave a reason, pretty flimsy but you seem clued up enough not to suspect Boof. I've changed now anyway.

2 minutes ago, Smack said:

I think so too. Even if he is town he could be the turncoat. The downside of that line of thought is that so could I be the turncoat. 

Let's see if there's any effort to save him. 

Unvote Stuart 

Vote Rudi

Seems reasonable. 

Unvote Stuart

Vote Rudi