SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Seems our philanthropists are as thick/naive about Scottish football as Ann

Dear god - why did they get involved in this cesspit of shit?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I hope he doesn’t serve up this money. The SPFL has done **** all to deserve it. Doncaster is a total cock

annushorribilis III
10 minutes ago, Musemic said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52881608

All 42 clubs? 

Whilst Celtic sit on their umpteen million £ ???

The SPFL says it has held a "positive initial discussion" with businessman James Anderson over his proposal to give financial support to all 42 clubs.

Just an assumption from the BBC.

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am furious that is says 42 clubs.

I would imagine Hibs, St Mirren etc will be refusing this money on sporting grounds.

Helps them have a proper relegation battle. 

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

The SPFL says it has held a "positive initial discussion" with businessman James Anderson over his proposal to give financial support to all 42 clubs.

Edited by Mikey1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I hope he doesn’t serve up this money. The SPFL has done **** all to deserve it. Doncaster is a total cock

I agree,  but just makes us as bad as the rest 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Was just going to say the same. Looks like 42 clubs was just added as an afterthought.

I dont think they have twigged on Hibs.net that they are one of the teams getting the Heart money.

Again we are stepping in to bail that tin pot club out when will it stop Mercer to Anderson we should really let them rot.

Much as the philanthropic offer is incredibly generous, I'm having real difficulty accepting the fact that ALL 42 clubs should benefit from this. Celtic, in particular, are sitting on a mound of cash which could keep every club in the 1st and 2nd divisions afloat for a fair amount of time so why have we not heard anything about how they might be prepared to help mitigate the impact of the virus on the smaller community clubs whose very existence is under threat?

Despicable club run by greedy despicable people

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20200601_143724.jpg

I bet Doncaster will be looking to award himself a bonus for doing this.

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great post 

Ann has played the long game. 

She has known this might end up in court and has made sure our due diligence trail has been 100% evidenced and can be viewed in a positive and unselfish light. 

She has got the legal advice, well in advance. 

She has played thier game, but her next move was already planned at each turn. 

She's been playing chess while the others where playing tiddly winks. 

The media, I really can't explain. I think (for some reason) they are building up to somthing and laying the ground work to put any action or changes  at our door and make us look like the devil. 

We do need to prepare for that, if we go to court and clubs blame us and the media takes that narrative on, it will get nasty, threats will be made against Ann. 

We will be the Jeremy corbyn (right or wrong) to be punished for even challenging the status quo. 

The Hearts badge with the knife through it was the start, reminded me of the commy hat photoshop on the BBC!

Just no née or reason, other than to stir up emotion and hatred. 

I would like to think this is true, however like a couple of other good posts earlier, you could be completely and utterly wrong.

For "long game", you could just add easily suggest incompetence. Every time she speaks she hardens opinion against us. Her exasperation in this weekends interview, does not suggest to me someone who is handling this situation well. It suggests she is out of her depth when dealing with underhanded individuals. Time will tell.

My concerns with Budge are simple. If she was such a fantastic strategist and someone playing a carefully thought out "long game",  why is it that after 5 years, Hearts are back in the Championship?

At this moment in time, until proved otherwise, incompetence seems more ilikely than strategist to me.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah , just seen it. 

Another weird statement that says nothing about "firming up the details of the offer", just the need to get it done quickly (as if we didn't know it).  Doncaster will never acknowledge publicly there are conditions to the offer , hence the reference to "42 clubs". 

It will be interesting to see how giving money to the big clubs who can easily afford the £2K per week for testing helps the diddy clubs. 

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

Much as the philanthropic offer is incredibly generous, I'm having real difficulty accepting the fact that ALL 42 clubs should benefit from this. Celtic, in particular, are sitting on a mound of cash which could keep every club in the 1st and 2nd divisions afloat for a fair amount of time so why have we not heard anything about how they might be prepared to help mitigate the impact of the virus on the smaller community clubs whose very existence is under threat?

Something like a testing programme could be for every club.

Probably though other support specifically for lower league clubs.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Musemic said:

Doncaster isn't going to let any cat out of the bag on terms being applied to the offer. 

Just now, The Mercer Takeover said:

I would like to think this is true, however like a couple of other good posts earlier, you could be completely and utterly wrong.

For "long game", you could just add easily suggest incompetence. Every time she speaks she hardens opinion against us. Her exasperation in this weekends interview, does not suggest to me someone who is handling this situation well. It suggests she is out of her depth when designing with underhanded individuals. Time will tell.

My concerns with Budge are simple. If she was such a fantastic strategist and someone playing a carefully thought out "long game",  why is it that after 5 years, Hearts are back in the Championship?

At this moment in time, until proved otherwise, incompetence seems more ilikely than strategist to me.

I really hope I'm wrong.

You just can't help yourself, can you? If you won the lottery you'd probably moan about that as well.

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Shite.

It might not suit you or me but it's his money to do what he sees fit to do, if he's able to help every team then fair play to him.

26 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

So James Anderson giving the wee shitey clubs money to then hand back to us in compo.  Nice one 👍

Hope not, i want to bankrupt them.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. He would be rewarding them for bad behaviour. Never a good parenting technique.

I can see the fund being used for C-19 testing for all clubs. Maybe it will allow the SPFL to bulk buy a load of test kits etc and then distribute them to all clubs. 

This will help ensure all clubs can at least field a team at a hub. 

Turkishcap

Doncaster will try to come out of this smelling of roses.

"Look what I negotiated on the games behalf"

Edited by Turkishcap

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

I wonder how Off the Ball will go on Saturday. A spluttering apology from that irrelevant broadcaster Cosgrove. 

I wouldn't even be surprised if he stated "I said what I said to draw him out and encourage him to make good on his offer" or some pap like that.

18 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

The initial talks J.A. had was with Ann.

He would be nowhere near Doncaster if it were not for Ann.

Really cant decide if this is a good thing. If the money keeps club afloat, the same clubs that have demoted us to the championship I am not sure I feel about that. What is does do,

is show Ann was correct about how slow and pathetic the SPFL are because if she didnt go public she would have had to send them a proposal for them to then get back to her at the end of the week even though clubs are on their knees

5 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I agree but not just Celtic, most of the clubs have openly acted in their own self interest to the detriment of other league members, they should now be made to stand on their own two feet (as they have chosen to do) and if they fold the so be it. This money is a get out of jail free card. 

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't the model for the SPFL, all money in, deduct reasonable costs, distribute to clubs as a percentage based on league position?

Lachlan Cameron alluded to this on a Sportsound podcast.

I.e the Friday night Championship games contract with BBC Scotland sees 84% of money go to the Premiership clubs.

This is a flashing warning light for me.....

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, Gambo said:

The initial talks J.A. had was with Ann.

He would be nowhere near Doncaster if it were not for Ann.

I would imagine Ann will have fully briefed him on what a bunch of slimy, double dealing, downright dishonest people he’ll be dealing with.

Captain Canada

One glaring omission from the SPFL statement today.

"And we thank Ann Budge for doing our jobs for us." 

Just now, AHS51 said:

Really cant decide if this is a good thing. If the money keeps club afloat, the same clubs that have demoted us to the championship I am not sure I feel about that. What is does do,

is show Ann was correct about how slow and pathetic the SPFL are because if she didnt go public she would have had to send them a proposal for them to then get back to her at the end of the week even though clubs are on their knees

I'm also feeling extremely uneasy about it. 

Budge makes the introduction which likely wouldn't have happened otherwise and these vindictive ****s still force us into a league which may not even still be played next season. 

Budge is helping to save Scottish football and her reward will be to still be expelled. Just doesn't sit well with me at all. 

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't the model for the SPFL, all money in, deduct reasonable costs, distribute to clubs as a percentage based on league position?

Lachlan Cameron alluded to this on a Sportsound podcast.

I.e the Friday night Championship games contract with BBC Scotland sees 84% of money go to the Premiership clubs.

This is a flashing warning light for me.....

This isn't a sponsorship deal , it's bail out package. In strictness he can't impose terms for the offer but behind closed doors, who knows what's going on.?

24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I hope not. If that’s the case he’s being taken for a mug.

Come on Deevers he’s not a mug. Can’t folk enjoy the fact we will save Scottish football and never let them forget? Is ron the con digging deep? 

Ethan Hunt
29 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

I agree that she didn't say it was unconditional on Sportsound. But there was something about the way the Slimey Doncaster responded by email "I am delighted to have heard Ann's comments on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money" that would perhaps indicate that she may have told him there were, (and hopefully there are), conditions attached. No?

This Text below is from AB’s discussion paper. It’s quite clear. The benefactors are helping us, and we are willing to share the resources we have, which would include the benefactor money.

As Hearts fans it’s important we concentrate on the what is actually being said. We should not allow it to be misconstrued. We have benefactor help. We are willing to share that financial help. Piss us off any more and you’ll get feck all (I made that last sentence up!).

“Everyone knows that the financial support we receive from our fans is exceptional. For over 7 years fans have contributed almost £1.5m per annum to support the Club. Since football was cancelled our supporters’ organisation, Foundation of Hearts, has amazingly had over 800 additional/increased pledges. Our benefactors too, continue to stand behind the Club. They have committed to continue to support us, not just throughout this current crisis, but for the next 5 years. Strong clubs are essential for a strong League and a strong Hearts has a big part to play in this.

With this kind of financial backing, Hearts is in a position to fund the Testing Equipment and other resources needed to enable a safe “return to training and to playing” in line with Government guidelines. We are also willing to share these resources with other Clubs, across all Divisions in the League, as requirements become clearer”.

I am not worrying I am just seeing this as a way to prevent any chat on strings attached.

Reconstruction will go through.

niblick1874
21 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

It's too late then.

The action needs to start now to concentrate minds. So far we have been following a timeline and a set of rules set out by the SPFL. It's our time to make up the rules or we get shafted.

All that is going to happen is that 12 Premiership clubs will say they can ALL start on time and have the resources to complete the season, whether this is true or not. If they run into financial difficulty, they will finish the season with kids or therules will be changed for this one year. 

Get the legalities started and add to the pressure on the teams. Do not let them get time to fudge the rules further.

21 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suspect the two QCs that are advising her will have given her advice on how to proceed. Unless you are a QC yourself, and offering her some experienced legal advice, then I’d say she is probably doing things in exactly the right order and to exactly the right timeline.

We have to stop playing it by their rules. That is a must. His point stands. We can't let them tell us what to do anymore. They want us gone. We must not wait and see what happens with this that and the next thing anymore. It is us or them now, make no mistake about it. It has to be about Hearts, however they will now, if we let them, turn it into a how to save Scottish football thing. The QC's need to know It has to be about getting rid of those that run Scottish football because if we don't do that they will be going for our throat. It is no longer about staying up. They want us put to the side and we must not let them do that.   

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

It was Brian McG who initially said, it was his "understanding" that there were no strings attached. That was specifically in relation to the 'Hearts have to be in the Prem' string. 

Yep.

I think we are agreeing to the same.

Doncaster appears to have misinterpreted what was said, or deliberate misled with his no strings attached narrative.

Which by the time Saturday was out many of us had too.

He is not to be trusted.

Edited by DETTY29

31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I hope not. If that’s the case he’s being taken for a mug.

His bank balance suggests he’s far from a mug.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Come on Deevers he’s not a mug. Can’t folk enjoy the fact we will save Scottish football and never let them forget? Is ron the con digging deep? 

Undoubtedly not. I’m just concerned as to where this is leading. I would hate to see this money lining Celtics coffers. The place where this help is needed is in the lower leagues and probably from our perspective the  Championship if it’s to be up and ready. That’s where the money is needed. I don’t trust Doncaster or any of the sack of weasels on the SPFL Board.

Edited by Deevers

29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why do we?

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

This isn't a sponsorship deal , it's bail out package. In strictness he can't impose terms for the offer but behind closed doors, who knows what's going on.?

Yep.

But this is Doncaster....but thankfully he is also up against a serious financial player too.....

ford donald
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

beyond belief that doncaster is trying to credit here lol

He is a grovelling barsteward.

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

beyond belief that doncaster is trying to credit here lol

Nonsense! I'm just being my usual "leader of lions".

I met Keir Starmer’s donkeys – and they told me something about him

2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

His bank balance suggests he’s far from a mug.

Undoubtedly not. I would hate to see his undoubted generosity going to clubs who quite frankly don’t deserve it.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect his offer is to fund all of the testing requirements to get all the leagues started. 

I think his offer will have to go much deeper than that. There are clubs in the Championship and below that don't have enough players to put a team out.  How are these clubs going to sign players and pay their wages? Even if they manage to do that how will they stay afloat with no fans coming through the turnstiles?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )