SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, trotter said:

Whenever you see any of:

"XXX understands..."
"An insider says..."

"A source close to..."

"Someone familiar with..."

"Did not want to be named said..."
etc, etc

Immediately disregard the article as the slavering pish-soaked steaming jobby it is.

"Journalists" use these phrases so they can make shit up and sound like they are ITK without being done for slander because there is no-one able to disprove what they said someone else told them. 

Apt.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

16 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I would love to understand in which parallel universe clubs think that they can say the equivalent of "it's ma ba, and I'm no playing" and not suffer consequences.

If clubs refuse to play when it is safe to do so, they should be thrown out of the SPFL immediately.

Nail on the head mate 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There's also the possibility that Ann is laying it on thick,  as she should 

I’m not sure if other clubs would give a **** if we were going bust considering the evidence of late.

17 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Silly me. Everyone knows FIFA is the highest court in the land. 

As another poster suggested, you seem desperate for Hearts to fail. 

Not sure what you mean by desperate to see them fail

1. Do I and many others think reconstruction will not happen . Yes.

2. Do I and many others think that legal action might not happen or even succeed if it does happen. Yes

If you don’t like those 2 possibles being pointed out, best hide under the bed for a few weeks.

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Yes. Unfortunately it will throw a spanner in her narrative of 'no clubs should be disadvantaged' by now allowing promotions into League 2.

If she is shown to forget about thee clubs she'll lose the goodwill of more than 2 clubs I would think.

Sorry. Assuming you meant “by not allowing promotions into league 2”. ?

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I daresay I'm the only one who sees the article as absolutely cracking "news". 

We'll be in the Premiership next season, because mothballing the Championship would quadruple our compo. :greggy:

Jackson writing stuff for Sellick fans to revel in basically although it was discussed already on here today that the idea Hearts aren't going to be allowed to play football until January (ie trade as a business ) having been "relegated" does seem to be pouring petrol on the fire.  

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Sorry. Assuming you meant “by not allowing promotions into league 2”. ?

I did, apologies.

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

In my view we should be realistic about what is achievable, I think Jimmy is right to raise some questions, if they can be answered without just opinion then we can put them to bed and move on. There are different expectations about what a court can rule on, some just demanding some action, but we should be aware what the likely outcomes are, what are the costs and timescales. To add to the confusion we get various opinions about other clubs not being able to survive, which may or may not be true, but is not the immediate question that we face.

I look at situations like this as studying for an exam. Would you study and expect to pass by skim reading the subject, while having the music on full blast, with people coming backward and forward, and with the lights out? No. So, take away all the noise and distraction and concentrate on the actual subject matter.  Use reliable sources for information, reference where you have to, and research what you need to know and what is important. Too many people on here seem to want to form opinion on media articles, radio pundits and ill informed posts on here. Some of the posters posing questions haven’t even taken the time to do a bit research to ensure the information they have in their questions is even correct!

I know it’s not for everyone, but see when people are trying to put the football club I have supported and loved for 50 years of my life out of business, I put a bit of fecking effort in to educate myself as to why that might have occurred, and how it can be stopped.

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

We'll be in the Premiership next season, because mothballing the Championship would quadruple our compo. :greggy:

I'm with you, hence the restraint of trade addition.

SectionDJambo

There can’t be any way that the SPFL can expel Hearts into the Championship, and then agree that the suspension of play will take longer to be lifted, in that division, than in the Premiership. 
I think we may be seeing why the reconstruction proposals haven’t been thrown out already. There will be other teams in the Championship who will be ready to play when the Premiership starts up again. It is nonsense to suggest that the teams who say they can’t afford to play behind closed doors, if necessary, should cause other clubs who can play, to be mothballed.

If they can’t play, they need to either be replaced in the Championship by clubs who can, or the Premiership membership should be extended to allow clubs like Hearts, Inverness and Dundee to keep playing.

Any further financial punishment to Hearts will only strengthen our case for substantial compensation or reinstatement to a bigger Premiership.

jamtartan74

Was thinking about the 14 team SPFL and 7/7 split, it leaves a team from each end without a game one week, well why not work it so that the two teams who are not involved that week play each other, not for points or anything but as a kind of friendly match at a venue by toss of coin for home or away or whatever, then at the end of the season all these ‘friendly’ matches that have taken place the revenue goes into 1 big pot and split between every club evenly. Ok the games might not be very attractive for the supporters but any money made is better than no money. Just a thought I had so that there wasn’t any teams sitting out a fixture, probably a shite idea but hey ho. 

Edited by jamtartan74

I think we might have a top division with more than the current 12 clubs, more even than the much touted 14.

It might be the only league for a wee while.

Fozzyonthefence
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

You posted before my edit. An interesting viewpoint imo.

It sounds a very grey area.  Clearly there is nothing to stop players at home on furlough from using their initiative and doing their own training or keep fit regime in the same way you or I could but the question is more whether they can implement the club’s training schedules - there seemed to be a viewpoint a few weeks ago that this couldn’t happen but probably hasn’t been tested properly as clubs couldn’t train because of social distancing.   Spurs players got a warning about training in public areas but of course they’re not on furlough. 

I suspect if the government are referring to training and development they probably had more in mind online training courses and such like for normal workers  rather than footballers doing their normal day to day business, although you could argue training doesn’t generate income for their employers but playing matches does.  I guess we’ll soon find out though when training resumes. 

Bunny Munro
8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There can’t be any way that the SPFL can expel Hearts into the Championship, and then agree that the suspension of play will take longer to be lifted, in that division, than in the Premiership. 
I think we may be seeing why the reconstruction proposals haven’t been thrown out already. There will be other teams in the Championship who will be ready to play when the Premiership starts up again. It is nonsense to suggest that the teams who say they can’t afford to play behind closed doors, if necessary, should cause other clubs who can play, to be mothballed.

If they can’t play, they need to either be replaced in the Championship by clubs who can, or the Premiership membership should be extended to allow clubs like Hearts, Inverness and Dundee to keep playing.

Any further financial punishment to Hearts will only strengthen our case for substantial compensation or reinstatement to a bigger Premiership.

I would assume it will need a 8-2 vote to be mothballed.

You want to call it a daily hun or daily rangers yet the article is written by a Celtic mouthpiece? 

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If this is correct re a few of the Championship clubs then the imbeciles inside the SPFL will be under even more pressure to avoid any pending court action from us. They will have to try and support these same clubs financially as opposed to let them go to the wall 

As another poster said above, with the potential to add a restraint of trade to any pending court action, we could potentially crucify the SPFL in court. Forget 3 million in loss of turnover - the 3 million will increase drastically with an enforced restraint of trade action that we could have avoided if they allowed us to finish the season

They will be bricking themselves from a financial perspective. The reconstruction just has to happen. The So called authorities now have a lot more to lose than they ever did before.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

You want to call it a daily hun or daily rangers yet the article is written by a Celtic mouthpiece? 

And a Jambo. Although it certainly reads like Jackson had more input. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Was thinking about the 14 team SPFL and 7/7 split, it leaves a team from each end without a game one week, well why not work it so that the two teams who are not involved that week play each other, not for points or anything but as a kind of friendly match at a venue by toss of coin for home or away or whatever, then at the end of the season all these ‘friendly’ matches that have taken place the revenue goes into 1 big pot and split between every club evenly. Ok the games might not be very attractive for the supporters but any money made is better than no money. Just a thought I had so that there wasn’t any teams sitting out a fixture, probably a shite idea but hey ho. 

The 14 team plan is a 6-8 split after 26 games, bottom 8 get an extra home game to make up for losing an OF game. 36 games for top six and 40 for bottom teams. 

22games nro
26 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

absoultely spot on.

5B75A039-D387-4BD0-923A-4FE57E30D03D.jpeg

downunder jambo

When a date to re-commence playing has finally been decided a roll call of all 42 clubs should be taken to see who will be able to play as of that date. Any team who decides they won't be able to play should be replaced by another team, even from a lower division. Once we know who is still standing and how many teams are left, the composition of the  leagues can be determined - eg number of leagues, number of teams in each league etc.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, downunder jambo said:

When a date to re-commence playing has finally been decided a roll call of all 42 clubs should be taken to see who will be able to play as of that date. Any team who decides they won't be able to play should be replaced by another team, even from a lower division. Once we know who is still standing and how many teams are left, the composition of the  leagues can be determined - eg number of leagues, number of teams in each league etc.

Its exactly what should happen, but would require a common sense approach that I doubt if they could actually use.

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The 14 team plan is a 6-8 split after 26 games, bottom 8 get an extra home game to make up for losing an OF game. 36 games for top six and 40 for bottom teams. 

That’s fair enough but as I said if the split was 7/7 then it was just an idea I had been thinking of for a while so nobody lost a weekend and everyone benefited at end of season financially. 

downunder jambo

Its exactly what should happen, but would require a common sense approach that I doubt if they could actually use.

Unfortunately the one thing about common sense is - its not all that common! Unfortunately!

6 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would never happen. Take Dunfermline for example who just released pretty much their entire squad...you think the SPFL would just say "ach well, bottom of the pile you go"....No danger...they'd have more of a legal case than Hearts.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Barack said:

So, to summarise...if Hearts go ta-ra...then expect virtually every club in the lower leagues...PLUS, the likes of St. Johnstone, Accies, St. Mirren and possibly Hibs, to go bye bye too. If WE can't survive...!

So...vote for reconstruction, or say goodnight.

Reconstruction, with us still in the Premiership and benefitting from the tv deal, obviously helps us but I’m struggling to see how it helps the majority of clubs? We’re totally relying on the sympathy of our fellow clubs for this to work.  I just can’t see it if it’s a11-1 vote required - Hibs have already shown they don’t mind losing a few hundred grand if it means us going down to the Championship so don’t expect their support.  

Leagues 1 and 2 should find it much easier to survive as long as they’re not forced to play behind closed doors.  The players will all or virtually all be on furlough and I think all part time bar Partick and Falkirk.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s fair enough but as I said if the split was 7/7 then it was just an idea I had been thinking of for a while so nobody lost a weekend and everyone benefited at end of season financially. 

Your plan was good, I should’ve said that, and just the kind of outside the box or radical thinking the people who are handsomely paid to run the game in this country are clearly incapable of. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Defender said:

Would never happen. Take Dunfermline for example who just released pretty much their entire squad...you think the SPFL would just say "ach well, bottom of the pile you go"....No danger...they'd have more of a legal case than Hearts.

Absolutely. I don’t for a minute believe that if they wanted to they would’ve extended contracts to some of their 17 players, just hiding behind the situation to their advantage. They’re obviously planning for no games until January.

Ideally there can be some kind of deal worked out with Sky and allow fans to watch live on a pay-per-view basis or allow the option of a virtual/hybrid season ticket. That will allow some extra income for clubs.

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Your plan was good, I should’ve said that, and just the kind of outside the box or radical thinking the people who are handsomely paid to run the game in this country are clearly incapable of. 

Well I should maybe submit it to the SPFL then 😁, nah seriously it’s just something I thought of but yeah the 6/8 is probably more suited if that’s what happens. Can’t see any reconstruction happen myself but can only hope. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

Unfortunately the one thing about common sense is - its not all that common! Unfortunately!

Especially in Scottish Football.

22 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Probably 6 and 8 split is better. More games for bottom teams and possibility of evil twins double headers a few weeks apart plus a scottish cup between.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Well I should maybe submit it to the SPFL then 😁, nah seriously it’s just something I thought of but yeah the 6/8 is probably more suited if that’s what happens. Can’t see any reconstruction happen myself but can only hope. 

The fans want it, not that anybody ever pays attention, the only business in the world that treats its customers in such a fashion.

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, jager man said:

Probably 6 and 8 split is better. More games for bottom teams and possibility of evil twins double headers a few weeks apart plus a scottish cup between.

Yeah probably buddy 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Defender said:

Totally disagree. If a club refuses to play, it forfeits its rights. We are ready to play as soon as the green light is given.

jamtartan74
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

The fans want it, not that anybody ever pays attention, the only business in the world that treats its customers in such a fashion.

Not only fans but the players voted for it as well but what do they matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Defender said:

Ideally there can be some kind of deal worked out with Sky and allow fans to watch live on a pay-per-view basis or allow the option of a virtual/hybrid season ticket. That will allow some extra income for clubs.

It would and they’ve changed the rules about showing games at 3pm on a Saturday, it would need to be free to ST holders but if it’s up against EPL games at the same time the viewing figures for St Mirren v Hamilton of a Saturday might set new records.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Not only fans but the players voted for it as well but what do they matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Indeed, it would’ve ruined my point to mention them 😜

jamtartan74
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, it would’ve ruined my point to mention them 😜

😂. Let’s just hope that common sense prevails and a working solution can be found in all of this, not holding my breath though, and failing that I hope we take the legal route and hit them all hard, no way should we suffer the financial hit and just roll over and accept it. 

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Reconstruction, with us still in the Premiership and benefitting from the tv deal, obviously helps us but I’m struggling to see how it helps the majority of clubs? We’re totally relying on the sympathy of our fellow clubs for this to work.  I just can’t see it if it’s a11-1 vote required - Hibs have already shown they don’t mind losing a few hundred grand if it means us going down to the Championship so don’t expect their support.  

Leagues 1 and 2 should find it much easier to survive as long as they’re not forced to play behind closed doors.  The players will all or virtually all be on furlough and I think all part time bar Partick and Falkirk.  

The furlough isnt going to carry on indefinitely and employers will soon be getting asked to contribute.

Dunfermline wont be the last club to bin a great many players.

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

😂. Let’s just hope that common sense prevails and a working solution can be found in all of this, not holding my breath though, and failing that I hope we take the legal route and hit them all hard, no way should we suffer the financial hit and just roll over and accept it. 

Absolutely. Even if reconstruction is rejected it’s likely to happen in some form or other as it seems trans will go bust. 

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. Even if reconstruction is rejected it’s likely to happen in some form or other as it seems trans will go bust. 

Going to be an interesting few weeks ahead whatever happens.

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think we might have a top division with more than the current 12 clubs, more even than the much touted 14.

It might be the only league for a wee while.

Could be right. If lower league cubs say it would be better not to play at all, it could be a one-off invitational competition open to all clubs who are confident they can compete for a season, even behind closed doors.

Imagine if we have a start like 18/19 and they have to call the league after 15 games because the virus comes back and we win the title. Precedent and all that!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Going to be an interesting few weeks ahead whatever happens.

To be honest it’s been a major part of my daily routine ever since lockdown started. I think we are all a lot more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the SPFL than we’ve ever been.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )