Jump to content

SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )


Heres Rixxy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Davie Deans
27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t want to see ANY clubs going to the wall over this. For a start if the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton can’t survive this, just about every club below that level will probably go with them and some above that level. You’d end up with about 6 clubs left, and probably 4 of them in a right state for years to come. Scottish football as we know it would be finished.

 

Apart from which I want to see us get back to a place where clubs like that are coming to Tynecastle and going away with nothing to show for their visit but a right good hiding.

 

You might not think highly of their fan bases but at least they’re not catching a bus to Ibrox or Celtic Park every fortnight and the vast majority of them are common or garden football fans just like us. I dare say they have their share of pishy junky types but you only need to go to a few Hearts away games to see the nick of some of ‘our own’

 

Think carefully about what you wish for and think back a few years to when we were in real bother and some clubs helped us out a bit.


Of let’s not and hope the basrstads die.

 

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 94.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    2099

  • Pasquale for King

    1723

  • Beast Boy

    1415

  • Ethan Hunt

    1598

Question. If SPFL call the league then afterwards say Hamilton go into administration what would happen.

Would the league still stand as it was called beforehand? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Question. If SPFL call the league then afterwards say Hamilton go into administration what would happen.

Would the league still stand as it was called beforehand? 

Yeah apparently you can’t be handed a 15 point penalty for a force majeure event like this pandemic. It wouldn’t be Hamilton, people still want their other LINE of business 😜.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Question. If SPFL call the league then afterwards say Hamilton go into administration what would happen.

Would the league still stand as it was called beforehand? 

Yes, and Hamilton would start on -15 next season. If they don’t survive admin then there is a gap in top league

Edited by soonbe110
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t want to see ANY clubs going to the wall over this. For a start if the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton can’t survive this, just about every club below that level will probably go with them and some above that level. You’d end up with about 6 clubs left, and probably 4 of them in a right state for years to come. Scottish football as we know it would be finished.

 

Apart from which I want to see us get back to a place where clubs like that are coming to Tynecastle and going away with nothing to show for their visit but a right good hiding.

 

You might not think highly of their fan bases but at least they’re not catching a bus to Ibrox or Celtic Park every fortnight and the vast majority of them are common or garden football fans just like us. I dare say they have their share of pishy junky types but you only need to go to a few Hearts away games to see the nick of some of ‘our own’

 

Think carefully about what you wish for and think back a few years to when we were in real bother and some clubs helped us out a bit.

It might be unpalatable to some but if any team goes bust then who are they going to invite back up? If the teams are having financial problems would they not want us back? Having said that they would all probably vote for someone else like Dundee over us. If a few teams go bust then reconstruction will need to happen anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah apparently you can’t be handed a 15 point penalty for a force majeure event like this pandemic. It wouldn’t be Hamilton, people still want their other LINE of business 😜.

👃💭

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, and Hamilton would start on -15 next season. 

Cheers 

Wonder if any are waiting on that decision 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Surely Inverness MUST oppose - as they can go up through play-offs. If they do - proposal fails as they need 8 to back it and Partick and Dundee will also surely oppose.

They’d have to balance the chances of going up (very small) against the benefit of getting some cash in the near future - they are famously skint and were on the edge not so long ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah apparently you can’t be handed a 15 point penalty for a force majeure event like this pandemic. It wouldn’t be Hamilton, people still want their other LINE of business 😜.

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RENE said:

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

I think they would only pay it back if the season was null and void, if it's called now they don’t. I think it’s next seasons deal with Sky they’re worried about that’s supposed to start in August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think they would only pay it back if the season was null and void, if it's called now they don’t. I think it’s next seasons deal with Sky they’re worried about that’s supposed to start in August.

Ok ta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

So we only need 3 teams in the championship to oppose it and the whole thing is scuppered for every league?

 

cmon Robbo you know it makes sense!


Not really, no.  This will be like the Brexit vote.  They’ll vote and re vote until they get what they want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

👃💭

Cheers 

Wonder if any are waiting on that decision 

Not sure if they would start next season on -15.

D64ED938-1A07-40EE-82EE-124CBBFE1F88.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, spug said:

That goes for me as well.

 

Honestly, at my age life has bigger concerns. 

 

I enjoy football and Hearts but if we get demoted, **** it. I'm done. 

 

Was tartan army for 10 years, gave it up 3 or so year ago, not missed it. 

 

Will just chuck football. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NaturalOrder74

surely 4 teams will vote against it

 

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Honestly, at my age life has bigger concerns. 

 

I enjoy football and Hearts but if we get demoted, **** it. I'm done. 

 

Was tartan army for 10 years, gave it up 3 or so year ago, not missed it. 

 

Will just chuck football. 

 

How often do you go to matches anyway  ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

surely 4 teams will vote against it

 

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 


Why would Aberdeen or Motherwell vote against it?  They’ll both get into Europe if it goes through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NaturalOrder74
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:


Why would Aberdeen or Motherwell vote against it?  They’ll both get into Europe if it goes through.


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How often do you go to matches anyway  ?

 

 

All home games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it difficult to accept the notion that Sky can take such an unflinching stance under the circumstances. People, cities, countries, governments, other sporting events are all having to adapt and be flexible in these strange times, why not Sky. Yes, a contract has been signed but this was, presumably, before this pandemic, and it's profound effects, were known. Is it even likely football can begin in August anyway? 

 

Many TV companies, BBC included, will have signed contracts to cover Wimbledon, for example. Are they all behaving as if Covid and it's worldwide impact shouldn't have any impact on them? 

 

If there is nothing to be gained by taking this demotion to court what about the football authorities? UEFA don't seem keen on declaring current tables as final. If this vote does go against us (and all that is fair and decent) could we not protest to them. 

 

The notion of Hearts being expelled from the top flight to keep Celtic and Sky sweet is disgusting. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geoff Kilpatrick
35 minutes ago, RENE said:

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

Exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Honestly, at my age life has bigger concerns. 

 

I enjoy football and Hearts but if we get demoted, **** it. I'm done. 

 

Was tartan army for 10 years, gave it up 3 or so year ago, not missed it. 

 

Will just chuck football. 

 

 

If we all do that Tosh, Heart of Midlothian would die. 

 

All a bit cutting of your nose etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 


Don’t get your hopes up, we’re ****ed!  Might not be after the first vote but it’s not going to go away and there’s zero chance of reconstruction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NaturalOrder74
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Don’t get your hopes up, we’re ****ed!  Might not be after the first vote but it’s not going to go away and there’s zero chance of reconstruction.


I’d imagine there would be a lot less chance if this vote goes through tomorrow but again I’m struggling to understand it all, I don’t get why a reconstruction needs a higher amount of teams to vote for it and I also don’t get why this vote tomorrow has to pass before they conceded that surely that should be the alternative ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball


Buck stops at the top with any failed business.  She makes the decisions, she’s responsible. Relegation will be her legacy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I know not many of you are lawyers but it shouldn’t be difficult to understand that if you don’t have any legal basis upon which to challenge a decision then you have nothing to fight and nothing to fight with. 
 

Budge isn’t giving up - there is no ****ing legal basis to appeal a members related vote - stitch up or not. ****ing engage your brains FFS.

Am I to take it from that, that you are a lawyer and have come to the view that there is no legal basis to appeal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball

 

A pity.

 

If she'd kicked either one or both of Levein's we might not be in this situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Don’t get your hopes up, we’re ****ed!  Might not be after the first vote but it’s not going to go away and there’s zero chance of reconstruction.

There appears to be little chance of reconstruction. However, others have previously pointed out that if the SPL is increased to 14 teams, everyone could play each other home and away, then split into 2 leagues of 7 and play each other home and away. Hey presto - 38 games for everyone and no nonsense about some teams having unequal home and away games or having to play someone 3 times away from home.

It's not that difficult and the TV companies would have more games for their money into the bargain.

The primary problem with this solution is what happens below the SPL, but it surely can't be beyond the club's to come up with something that works.

For example, a Championship with 14 teams and a further division with 14 teams. Christ, it's not really that hard is it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:


potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 
 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

surely 4 teams will vote against it

 

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 

 

No one will vote against as they are tying all the paying prize money in with the need to call the season 

 

As they already have the cash why not just pay it out as standings at the moment and wait another month to see where we are?? Think this is the sevco position)

 

we can play 8 games in a month we did in December to give the weird 3 week break in January 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A further thought on grounds for appeal. The fact that the members may vote for something inherently unfair may or may not be grounds for court action. However, the fact that the board (which is conflicted) refuses to put any other options to its members certainly would provide grounds for court action.

Not saying who would win, but it's not as clear cut as some on here would have you believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

I find it difficult to accept the notion that Sky can take such an unflinching stance under the circumstances. People, cities, countries, governments, other sporting events are all having to adapt and be flexible in these strange times, why not Sky. Yes, a contract has been signed but this was, presumably, before this pandemic, and it's profound effects, were known. Is it even likely football can begin in August anyway? 

 

Many TV companies, BBC included, will have signed contracts to cover Wimbledon, for example. Are they all behaving as if Covid and it's worldwide impact shouldn't have any impact on them? 

 

If there is nothing to be gained by taking this demotion to court what about the football authorities? UEFA don't seem keen on declaring current tables as final. If this vote does go against us (and all that is fair and decent) could we not protest to them. 

 

The notion of Hearts being expelled from the top flight to keep Celtic and Sky sweet is disgusting. 

 

 

Suppose we went to a 14 team league it surely can't be a problem for sky to get the fixtures they want ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We would be getting demoted despite an incomplete fixture list, when we could stay up, and we are losing our crack at a major trophy...

 

***** think we should just take it, because we deserve it though...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Buck stops at the top with any failed business.  She makes the decisions, she’s responsible. Relegation will be her legacy.  

No it won’t. Saving Hearts from liquidation will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GorgieRules22
26 minutes ago, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball

No shit.

 

She hires and fires managers though, something she’s not been very good at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We would be getting demoted despite an incomplete fixture list, when we could stay up, and we are losing our crack at a major trophy...

 

***** think we should just take it, because we deserve it though...

 

 

Madness eh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, sac said:

No it won’t. Saving Hearts from liquidation will.


Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forever Hearts
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:


Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

I remember him for two Scottish Cups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Madness eh. 


Indeed. ****ing lunacy describes it better... masochistic arseholes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

Correct 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?


He’s remembered for saving us from death, two Scottish Cups, second place, Champions League qualifiers, retaining Hartley and Gordon, Skacel, keeping us at Tynecastle, 13 in a row, 1-5 and taking on the football authorities.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I remember him for two Scottish Cups.

As do I. Most successful owner in our history.

 

Romanov >>>>>> Budge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Popular Now

    • Jambo 4 Ever
      131
×
×
  • Create New...