SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

£3.05m was handed over to the club for working capital purposes in the first two years following administration to May 2016. (in addition to the £1m up front)

However the club generated more revenue than it expected over the season in the championship and the first season back in the Premiership (3rd), meaning that it was able to create a cash reserve. The first redevelopment budget in May 2016 had a £3m contribution from the Club's own reserves. Those reserves were the equivalent of the FOH contributions over the previous two years, i.e. the club was able to operate on a break even basis without the FOH cash.

The separate £3m FOH contribution direct to fund the redevelopment followed over the next two years. 

Thanks. 

• Replies 94.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Ethan Hunt

tolcross lad

We desperately need a leader to guide us out of this mess.If we are going down we need to be lean and mean.Do our best to rid ourselves of the  underperformers of the present squad.Recruit players with the right attitude.Get our pricing structure right and galvanise the supports sense of grievance.

Our problem will be who will be prepared to take on the drive to oust Ann Budge to whom we owe at least £1.6m.I just dont see this drive coming from the current FOH members on the board.We are not even owners yet.

Captain Sausage

Yeh, I’m out if we are relegated. 

The logic doesn’t even stand up to the remotest of scrutiny. We’ve played 30 games (some teams have only played 29) and they’re talking about allocating places and financial hand outs based on this. 

If we had reached 33 games, I think there’s a genuine argument that the proposed way forward is appropriate - it’s at least comparing apples with apples. 

As it stands, you have St Johnstone a point behind Hibs with a game in hand. That means their points per game tally is higher than Hibs (i.e. they’ve earned more points per game than Hibs, yet sit behind them in the table by a quirk of scheduling).

There is also the fact that the teams have so far completed uneven schedules (i.e. the points tally for Hearts is not comparable to the points tally for Hamilton because we’ve played different teams). This is the key point regarding sporting integrity. It’s not apples with apples, it’s apples with ****ing space rock. It’s completely unethical to punish teams based on scheduling - it’s illogical and will ruin any residual integrity languishing in the depths of the hallways of Hampden. 

The passing of the buck onto the teams (coincidentally, I thought voting rights were 11-1 in favour to pass anything in the Premiership, or does that not apply in this case?!) to vote in absolute self preservation is about as weak an example of leadership you’ll come across. To push the teams to their desired way forward, they’re using prize money as a lever at a time when every single club is desperate for it. It’s actually pretty reprehensible behaviour when you look at it. 

So yeh, if this comes to fruition, I’ll be turning my back on Scottish football completely.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Assuming we are down then hopefully it would be a very short season in the Championship. Possibly only 2 rounds of fixtures (18 matches).  At least our demotion won't be as dramatic and embarrassing like Hibs in 2014.  Our fate sealed by an unfair vote.  That's the only positives I can think of. 

Who gives a **** about Hibs? It's embarrassing going down with our squad and budget. An absolute ****ing disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Understood. Surely England are worrying about next seasons TV money too though? If they plan to finish this season, surely they won’t start next year on time. 

Probably yes ,but they have a globally popular product.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Probably yes ,but they have a globally popular product.

True. Sorry, wasn’t having a go at all, just trying to fully understand all the factors here.

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Wonder why they chose that date.

The day that all contracts that end in 2020 expire............

4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yeh, I’m out if we are relegated. 

The logic doesn’t even stand up to the remotest of scrutiny. We’ve played 30 games (some teams have only played 29) and they’re talking about allocating places and financial hand outs based on this. 

If we had reached 33 games, I think there’s a genuine argument that the proposed way forward is appropriate - it’s at least comparing apples with apples. 

As it stands, you have St Johnstone a point behind Hibs with a game in hand. That means their points per game tally is higher than Hibs (i.e. they’ve earned more points per game than Hibs, yet sit behind them in the table by a quirk of scheduling).

There is also the fact that the teams have so far completed uneven schedules (i.e. the points tally for Hearts is not comparable to the points tally for Hamilton because we’ve played different teams). This is the key point regarding sporting integrity. It’s not apples with apples, it’s apples with ****ing space rock. It’s completely unethical to punish teams based on scheduling - it’s illogical and will ruin any residual integrity languishing in the depths of the hallways of Hampden. 

The passing of the buck onto the teams (coincidentally, I thought voting rights were 11-1 in favour to pass anything in the Premiership, or does that not apply in this case?!) to vote in absolute self preservation is about as weak an example of leadership you’ll come across. To push the teams to their desired way forward, they’re using prize money as a lever at a time when every single club is desperate for it. It’s actually pretty reprehensible behaviour when you look at it. 

So yeh, if this comes to fruition, I’ll be turning my back on Scottish football completely.

St. Johnstone are away to Rangers.

Now there is no guarantee, but you would expect Rngers to win to keep Hibs above St. Johnstone.

gashauskis9

Genuinely hope Budge is just keeping her powder dry with that last statement.  Otherwise, I’m out.  

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Where does she say that?  I heard her say that she doesn't think the league's proposal will be supported.

That's what I took for it.   It's the SPFL proposal that will fail.

9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Wonder why they chose that date.

Because its the governments date being quoted.

Edited by Jamboelite

You can say about most of the clubs including us, but Livvy could have saved a lot of words.

'We have looked at the propsal and we do not belive that we can finish any higher than our current 5th position.  We could however not make the top 6 and then potentially end up 8th if not 9th, losing us between £350k to £500k.  That income cannot be made up by one extra home game against Rangers or Celtic'

The end.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Budge on SSN, says she has spoken to championship and premier clubs and expects the proposal to fail.

Also says however that if we are relegated she won't fight it and we will just have to deal with it.

Not happy about that at all. It’s her responsibility to represent our club and the wishes of the fans. She needs to fight it to the bitter end.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

£3.05m was handed over to the club for working capital purposes in the first two years following administration to May 2016. (in addition to the £1m up front)

However the club generated more revenue than it expected over the season in the championship and the first season back in the Premiership (3rd), meaning that it was able to create a cash reserve. The first redevelopment budget in May 2016 had a £3m contribution from the Club's own reserves. Those reserves were the equivalent of the FOH contributions over the previous two years, i.e. the club was able to operate on a break even basis without the FOH cash.

The separate £3m FOH contribution direct to fund the redevelopment followed over the next two years. 

Maybe we can put some pressure on the club to properly state that the fans put £6 million towards the stand. 

I know that isn't our concern just now. 

Thanks for confirming. 

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I'd forgot the tache has wormed his way in here

“Scottish FA President, Rod Petrie”

Absolute seethe just reading that sentence. 

eyesandears
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It's the day the transfer window opens for the new season but your point isn't far off. Most terminating contracts run to 9th/10th June or more likely 30th June 2020.

It's another not-so-subtle sign post to the clubs that are being encouraged to vote YES. 

1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

It's the day the transfer window opens for the new season but your point isn't far off. Most terminating contracts run to 9th/10th June or more likely 30th June 2020.

It's another not-so-subtle sign post to the clubs that are being encouraged to vote YES. 

Its actually 13th June having spoken to an ex player but the point is still accurate.

Edited by Jamboelite

eyesandears
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Its actually 13th June having spoken to an ex player but the point is still accurate.

Cheers 👍

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And just as it seems like their proposal is struggling to gather the required support!!

Money before clubs again !       F...k the lot of them !      Hearts will be back!      .......saying that there wont be a ball kicked for a year at least...

The SPFL should be making prize money available now to give the clubs time to properly consider all the possible options.

Given that the current board have proven themselves incapable of any form of a lateral thought process, it is time for a fresh approach. I should like to see the top clubs pushing for a working party made up of people with a commercial/innovative track record to produce a choice of options for the clubs to vote on. Surely that would be better than the take it or leave it option from a gang of small minded people many of whom operate at the lower end of league football, and are guilty of a conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

And another 6 weeks after that or am I reading it all wrong. Nothing until 10 June and then 6 weeks or gaining/conditioning 

That would make it July 22

Just in time for the Befred Cup group stage.

Noting also a new sole tv rights owner in Premier Sports.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wont be a ball kicked this year,,,survival is only thing that's important as were being done like a kipper by these reprobate!!!!    F....k the lot of them !!! Wel be back one day...........🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🇬🇧🇬🇧🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Am I right in thinking premier sports and setanta sports are linked? If so it’s beggars belief we are giving them the time of day.

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Seem to remember contracts end on 30th of June

Randy Marsh
29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who gives a **** about Hibs? It's embarrassing going down with our squad and budget. An absolute ****ing disgrace. 

Calm down! I was merely pointing out that its not a proper relagation. 

It’s the meek and supine manner in which we are allowing this to happen that has made me angry. You ****ing well fight this sort of shit with every last whisper of breath in your body. It’s bad enough when we show no fight on the pitch, but this is something we need to fight to the absolute death. This is not Hearts. I am sick of the lack of fight in our club. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Very disappointed in that interview. 

Relegate us? Aye no bother we ain’t fighting it.

brutal from budge. 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Calm down! I was merely pointing out that its not a proper relagation. 

The guys correct how he feels and is right saying it !       Its shocking how this has came about ,, certain people should be rightfully embarrassed....

husref musemic
40 minutes ago, stotty said:

And still want full wages! 

it beggars belief. a bigger shower of sh!te mercenaries you'll struggle to find. 

Leveins Battalion

No fight from the owner,no fight from the team.

Only people connected with HMFC who have shown determination is the fans.The sooner the FOH take over the better.

Good riddance to her.

Just now, husref musemic said:

it beggars belief. a bigger shower of sh!te mercenaries you'll struggle to find. 

I don’t trust Budge any longer. I was expecting her to bin these mugs but I am not sure this will happen now.

Just now, Irufushi said:

brutal from budge. 

I really didn’t get that impression.  

I got the impression she was confident the vote/relegation won’t happen and for that she probably didn’t want to come across badly on Sky with threats etc, when there’s so much else going on in the world.  I would be hugely surprised if she has any kind of give up attitude.  I would still be for the club deciding not to vote at all tomorrow also. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I got the impression she was confident the vote/relegation won’t happen and for that she probably didn’t want to come across badly on Sky with threats etc, when there’s so much else going on in the world.  I would be hugely surprised if she has any kind of give up attitude.  I would still be for the club deciding not to vote at all tomorrow also. 

I'm really hoping this is the case.  Really out of character for her to chuck the towel in.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

The guys correct how he feels and is right saying it !       Its shocking how this has came about ,, certain people should be rightfully embarrassed....

Agreed its an absolute disgrace it's come to this.  We need to get rid of clowns like Budge and replace them with ambitious people who actually care about the club.  

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I hope you’re right, just didn’t seem like it to me. 

Will be massively disappointed in our board if they do not show the fight that we, the support expect of them, they should be trying to unite us and stand with us , I really don’t recognise our club sometimes 😔

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

I hope you’re right, just didn’t seem like it to me. 

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I'm really hoping this is the case.  Really out of character for her to chuck the towel in.

👍 me too.  It’s all I’ve got left tbh. 

I would take it on the chin, IF every other league in Europe did the same thing. I have a feeling we will be one off the few teams relegated Europe wide.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is all about tv money. Most leagues would bin this cup next season. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

At this rate they might as well vote on next season as well. we might get promotion!

😂 

JAMBO _MOBY
11 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

brutal from budge. 

Budge has identified the best way to fight this is to ensure it gets voted down she needs to get people on side not stamp her feet.  If the clubs vote for a league proposal then I don’t see how it can be challenged legally(I’m not a lawyer though!) 

There is a poll to express your wishes on this. @davemclaren closed it to comments last night for some reason, so it looks like the thread is closed to votes too, but it isn’t. Be good to let anyone from the club looking in know how the fans feel.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There is a poll to express your wishes on this. @davemclaren closed it to comments last night for some reason, so it looks like the thread is closed to votes too, but it isn’t. Be good to let anyone from the club looking in know how the fans feel.

Surprised at a couple of the no voters like. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )