SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Imagine... we get reinstated and the SPFL immediately charge us with bringing the game into disrepute because we can’t fulfil our fixture this Saturday 1st August!  Points deduction or expulsion as punishment!!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

16 minutes ago, davieholt said:

The length of time being taken could suggest that a decision isn't unanimous. Could be problematic.

Doesn't have to be unanimous..2-1 does it.

Biffa Bacon
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Excellent first post and I fully concur with your thinking. :thumb::laugh:

To be fair, it is better than most first posts. 👍

tokyowalnut
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sure but to make a random figure into an opinion, you have to offer some sort of justification. You've not.

I think I did. Going in circles now.

Have a good one.

They know that we know that they know that we think the longer it drags on the more we will think it has gone in our favour but the fact is that we know this. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
10 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Could it be a three-way split and they've realised the SFA rules don't have adequate rules on how to proceed?

If it's three legal people, there's bound to be at least four opinions.

The fact it's taking some time gives me confidence that at the very least careful consideration is being given to our case, or discussions on a satisfactory resolution are happening. If it was awarded in the SPFL's favour you'd have thought it'd be easy/quick to wrap up proceedings. Could be wrong but that's my gut feeling

I don't buy the idea that any of the parties know the outcome but just haven't announced it for some reason. Once the decision is made, we will know very shortly afterwards IMO.

Starting to think that a  decision has been reached and negotiations are now being done to establish a position before announcing the decision. 

Hagar the Horrible

Reward  £50

put up a £50 reward for my shit, I have seriosly lost it, please help find it.  I have no nails left, and caused a second wave of toilet roll panic buying.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wish they would crack on with it. Become a grind weeks ago. 

How hard can it be, very apparently 

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Imagine... we get reinstated and the SPFL immediately charge us with bringing the game into disrepute because we can’t fulfil our fixture this Saturday 1st August!  Points deduction or expulsion as punishment!!

:facepalm: 

Heard from decent source delay is due to Doncaster locking himself in the bogs and refusing to come oot.

No fair, Mr Peter made me. How come he's no getting grounded.

Type scenario.

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Starting to think that a  decision has been reached and negotiations are now being done to establish a position before announcing the decision. 

It does look like this, probably what compensation both clubs should get

I can't see it taking this long for us to lose the case

Just now, TheBigO said:

Heard from decent source delay is due to Doncaster locking himself in the bogs and refusing to come oot.

No fair, Mr Peter made me. How come he's no getting grounded.

Type scenario.

Probably as reliable as all the other folk on here who claim to be ITK from reliable sources. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

We can most definitely postpone one of our games to have a friendly.

This week we will be playing FC Schadenfreude.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

giphy.gif

My understanding of the panel was one from both sides,and they choose a chairman.But all three work independently to reach a conclusion i.e. Not representing who picked them is this correct?

I don’t get how this case of arbitration can be held in private, as surely the results of it, will  effect every club and fans, one way or another.

Its our national sport, and therefore should have been held in the open, as it could effects 95% of Scotland’s population if we and Partick win. 

This is very much so “Public Interest”  In my opinion. 

Edited by swavkav

Just now, Busman2 said:

My understanding of the panel was one from both sides,and they choose a chairman.But all three work independently to reach a conclusion i.e. Not representing who picked them is this correct?

Correct. No one on the panel represents either side. 

37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Firstly, the thought of the SPFL et al returning to the CoS makes me LOL at the prospect - but I don't see it happening. Moynihan & Boreland (sp?) were absolutely vehement in their demands that this go to arbitration so let them suck up the consequences. 

I thought Hearts's case would be decided quickly and dismissed by the panel but the longer it plays out the more I begin to believe we will win - perhaps not entirely , maybe a case of the "curates egg". 

Arbitration is final no matter who wins, no returning to CoS except on a failing in points of law(which would be very rare giving the experience and knowledge that are in place) There are no appeals, no interdicts if we lose. This is everything.

I dont know how folk know how far in the process we are. Could still be interviewing witnesses for all we know. Surely they can't just dismiss the case without hearing from everyone first. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, swavkav said:

I don’t get how this case of arbitration can be held in private, as surely the results of it, will  effect every club and fans, one way or another.

Its our national sport, and therefore should have been held in the open, as it could effects 95% of Scotland’s population if we and Partick win. 

Probably because of the intimidation and death threats that occurred during the old Rangers case. 

2 minutes ago, swavkav said:

Population? You mean football supporters.

Dirty Deeds

If the decision is known then there's an awful lot of people keeping schtum including 5 clubs, SPFL, SFA and assorted lawyers.

The longer it goes on the more I feel there is clearly a case here and its not as straightforward as the spfl wanted. I still think we won't win but im ready to go mental and call the spfl ****s regardless of outcome 😂

1 minute ago, Fedupfan said:

Arbitration is final no matter who wins, no returning to CoS except on a failing in points of law(which would be very rare giving the experience and knowledge that are in place) There are no appeals, no interdicts if we lose. This is everything.

I dont know how folk know how far in the process we are. Could still be interviewing witnesses for all we know. Surely they can't just dismiss the case without hearing from everyone first. 

There are so many areas which, if deemed admissable, need discussed, and knowing lawyers, these things could easily take hours each...Since it lasted over 2 days (ie was not kicked out) I'd be surprised if it is over in 5 days...

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, gov said:

The longer it goes on the more I feel there is clearly a case here and its not as straightforward as the spfl wanted. I still think we won't win but im ready to go mental and call the spfl ****s regardless of outcome 😂

Either that or a lot of waffle to sift through 

If the panel can't reach a conclusion do they send it back to Lord Clark or does it drag on until they do.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Population? You mean football supporters.

Sadly football results effect the population,  ask assaulted women in the west. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jambopilms said:

I still don't think it will be today.

This year might be an achievement 

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Should be. Though the SPFL would try to argue against it...Civil law is about restitution. We have a duty to minimise our losses and Ann Budge has done this, ie couldn't add Messi to the payroll then claim his wages, but trying to include a factor like Covid to reduce our claim may actually be difficult ...

Some of the 'losses' not actually lost directly to do with unfair relegation are quantifiable e.g. 1st round of fixture bcd! If the games had been held under normal circumstances we could correctly claim potential loss. but we know they are not right now! So you suggest we could actually profit from the other teams from covid!

I don't dislike the idea!

Any positive result for us would require an instant suspension of the league starting this weekend. We would require at least 4 weeks to have a pre season as well, unless we are happy to start sooner and have indicated we will be ready. Even tho all of the above shouldn’t impact any result I can’t help but feel it will be taken into consideration with the outcome. I reckon it’ll be compensation. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Sitting having my Greggs for lunch, come on here hoping for news but nah....

Still full of “tell you one better than that” 

fabienleclerq

I find it amazing and frustrating the lack of information getting out! You would think we'd get wee snippets of how each side thinks its going at least. The fact theres nothing suggests no decision has been made in either favour yet. 

Edited by fabienleclerq

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I find it amazing and frustrating the lack of information getting out! You would think we'd get wee snippets of how each side thinks its going at least. The fact theirs noth suggests no decision has been made in either favour yet. 

Each side knows as much as us at the moment which nothing ! The only people who know what's going on is the 3 people on panel 

3 minutes ago, Busman2 said:

If the panel can't reach a conclusion do they send it back to Lord Clark or does it drag on until they do.

There are three of them. They can't not reach a conclusion.

Vlad the impaler

I think even if this doesn’t go our way Mrs Budge will want to draw a line under it and prepare for a new season. We could take it to cas in Lausanne like the Belgian team did but I don’t think she will

Edited by Vlad the impaler

BackOfTheNet

With each passing hour without conclusion to this debacle is only further enforcing the notion that football in this country is just one joke after another. Being frankly honest I can see many a supporter just not bothering with it anymore.

vladisacoward

Amazing. Just amazing that anyone has any faith in this process. An arbitration panel with figures picked from an SFA approved list?! All documents from Dundee, Doncaster, Maclennan, SPFL etc must be produced?! Of course they will be, none of them have been deleted?! And the ramifications of a decision going in our favour (as it clearly should) are so widespread, deep and frightening which the three wise owls on the panel will obviously know so there is no chance. 0. Much, much easier to go down the easier path and let three clubs suffer unduly (the impact on Stranraer is minimal so it’s two really with us far and away most affected) than make all of Scottish football suffer. This is just legal bods letting, as per, other legal bods coin it in as long as possible and get to feel as important as possible for a while. It’s corrupt. It’s malfeasance. It’s hypocrisy. It’s cowardice. It’s self interest. It’s Scottish football in a nutshell and, to a large extent, Scotland too. It’s why the game here goes nowhere and never will.

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I find it amazing and frustrating the lack of information getting out! You would think we'd get wee snippets of how each side thinks its going at least. The fact theirs noth suggests no decision has been made in either favour yet. 

I find it very reassuring. It is how professionals should work and shows that they are following due process. Compare and contrast this with the usual SPFL people all briefing their friends in the media to try to dictate the narrative. This is how it should be conducted and the longer it goes on the more hopeful I am on the outcome being in our favour. 

4 minutes ago, RENE said:

Could be chairman of panel has gone to LC to clear up legal matter.

No he has no part to play in arbitration. Regardless it is w legal mind who is the chair he won’t need to go anywhere he will have his own interpretation. 

9 minutes ago, gov said:

**** it, I can get on board with that.

SPFL and SFA - what a bunch of *****, eh?

Decision has been made and all I know is that Raith are definitely in the Championship next year. Very reliable source but I know no more than that.

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Some of the 'losses' not actually lost directly to do with unfair relegation are quantifiable e.g. 1st round of fixture bcd! If the games had been held under normal circumstances we could correctly claim potential loss. but we know they are not right now! So you suggest we could actually profit from the other teams from covid!

I don't dislike the idea!

What I'm saying is that Covid could well be irrelevant as far as any claim for restitution goes. Far more likely they would really on audited trading figures and unaudited projections, so the fact our turnover has risen from about 8m to 15.4m over the last few years will help us justify the claimed loss of £8m...Covid is an exceptional, just like wasting £300k or whatever it was on Craig Wighton.

GorgieRules22

One thing that kind of goes unrecognised since this whole debacle in March is how badly the Hearts support has been treated.

Its been blow after blow and now being completely kept in the dark with regards to which way this has gone. I honestly don’t think for one minute that this is still being discussed so a decision which was reached is now being further discussed for me.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )