SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Nothing like throwing a hand grenade into the room then running away.

Running away yet still online and viewing the thread according to their profile.

I you have to come out with this stuff state it as an opinion or state the source.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

This would have been factored in. Budge isn’t stupid 

But is she clever enough to have a crystal ball that predicts this seasons incomes/ losses factoring in all covid/ Governmental decisions? Then the SFA/SPFL agreeing same to be factual!!!!!

Finger in the air at best! No one has the information required, best guess is my best guess!

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Running away yet still online and viewing the thread according to their profile.

I you have to come out with this stuff state it as an opinion or state the source.

Ban them. 

Hagar the Horrible

Bit of a flurry of activity today, well now?  Here is hoping there is going to be white smoke!

Got a bit of a gut feeling now, not that the dicision will go one way or the other, but that there is a decision?

I still would like to place 50p on a decision in our favour, if we had our case thrown out it would have happened last week.

get the F5 keys battering from now peeps

Gilberts Fridge
10 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We have lost on all counts.

Can people like this be banned please, adds nothing. 

Tokyo Drifter
19 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

This forum is filled with guess work, this whole saga and thread alone has over 1700 pages full of supposition. Me voicing an opinion and my thoughts isn't any different to what everyone else is doing! 

That's what you think. 

Shanks said no
27 minutes ago, jambone said:

Breaking: Decision to be announced at 3:01 on Saturday 1st August.

Aberdeen v Rangers is a 1230 ko

Just now, Jambo61 said:

But is she clever enough to have a crystal ball that predicts this seasons incomes/ losses factoring in all covid/ Governmental decisions? Then the SFA/SPFL agreeing same to be factual!!!!!

Finger in the air at best! No one has the information required, best guess is my best guess!

Why would Covid costs have to be factored in? For these sorts of things you would include normal losses of revenue not exceptional losses of revenue. Therefore Covid, just like losses on transfer fees would be excluded...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ban them. 

Yup. Would be a good idea (including me for my 12pm press conference trolling. And SJ for his reconstruction posts).

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yup think you could be right. Delay has made me a bit more positive. 

Rumour on Twitter from Joe Black is that someone from another club has assisted our case. (Reading between the lines). Not sure how credible he is though to be honest.

He's definitely a bit of a haver is Joe Black, I find he's either bang on the cash or wildly off the mark, there's actually no in between with that guy :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yup think you could be right. Delay has made me a bit more positive. 

Rumour on Twitter from Joe Black is that someone from another club has assisted our case. (Reading between the lines). Not sure how credible he is though to be honest.

How could Reading help our case, different leagues?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, davieholt said:

The length of time being taken could suggest that a decision isn't unanimous. Could be problematic.

Don't need a unanimous decision. 3 on the panel, majority vote rules.

August Landmesser

The length of time being taken could suggest that a decision isn't unanimous. Could be problematic.

I don't think the decision needs to be unanimous, 2-1 either way is enough

NaturalOrder74

I think that just means the chair makes a decision ? (I’m struggling to understand how it works tbh but that was my understanding of it) 

Just now, Berra than you said:

The chair has the deciding vote I'm sure

25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. 

The only part we may have to re-quantify would be for the loss of revenue due to no fans being allowed in the stadiums at the moment. That's the same for everyone and not due to the decision to demote us. Of course, that may have already been factored in. 

I don't think so. Exceptional costs like Covid and transfer fees would be excluded from the calculation.

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Dundee United in both also 

SPFL can't even be consistent in these wee decisions!

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I read-ed it like that too!

tokyowalnut
18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah but what does making up random figure achieve? That's not an opinion, it is just a 

Random things are made up on here all of the time. My figure is, of course, purely guess work based on the £8m number we've put forward. I dont think we will get that and I dont think we will get a lump sum, if the decision to relegate us is upheld. 

Don't really see the problem with me voicing my opinion?! 

We could end going in circles here. 

Hopefully my wild guesswork is completely wrong and we are reinstated 👍

42 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - but how do you quantify those losses? If next season gets curtailed and there is no promotion, then the losses grow...This would still be a direct loss attributable to the April decision.

Any compensation can only ever be an estimate, as no one can know what the future might hold - but it will likely be “in full and final settlement” to stop either side trying to argue it up or down towards the end of the season.

Hearts employed an independent firm of auditors to look at income/expenditure for last season, and projected figures for this season in the Championship against this season in the Premiership - the same was done for Partick Thistle.

That’s where the £8m/£2m figures came from.

David Winnie described the figures as being rather conservative.

I believe a full breakdown of how the figures were arrived at formed part of the submission by the two Clubs.

It will not be open to haggling, or up for negotiation, to try to reach agreement with the SPFL - that’s not how arbitration works.

The Panel will look at the figures and evidence we have provided, and either accept our estimates, or reach a different estimate themselves - that will then need to be paid in full, by the SPFL.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Indeed but to lose on a split vote could encourage Hearts/ Partick to go back to CoS if our lawyers disagree with the written judgement on a point of law.

I doubt the SPFL would want to risk that

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Largest TV contract to date, I’ve earned every penny.

😉

Pity about the lack of a sponsor for the league though. Still :munny: for you.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Why would Covid costs have to be factored in? For these sorts of things you would include normal losses of revenue not exceptional losses of revenue. Therefore Covid, just like losses on transfer fees would be excluded...

No problems to me if the rest cover some of our covid losses, but is that really likely?

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yup. Would be a good idea (including me for my 12pm press conference trolling. And SJ for his reconstruction posts).

SJ has now jumped in to your negative camp. He now thinks we'll lose. 

He said that a while ago. 

FWIW  I think we we'll win. 

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Random things are made up on here all of the time. My figure is, of course, purely guess work based on the £8m number we've put forward. I dont think we will get that and I dont think we will get a lump sum, if the decision to relegate us is upheld. 

Don't really see the problem with me voicing my opinion?! 

We could end going in circles here. 

Hopefully my wild guesswork is completely wrong and we are reinstated 👍

Sure but to make a random figure into an opinion, you have to offer some sort of justification. You've not.

Hagar the Horrible

Indeed but to lose on a split vote could encourage Hearts/ Partick to go back to CoS if our lawyers disagree with the written judgement on a point of law.

WE cant we agreed to the result.  we could only go back on case law, but that is very slim, these guys know wht they are doing, even if we dont end up liking the result

Captain Canada

This will be a Jim White special on Sky Sports on Friday - will we get a decision before the 1st of August? A massive countdown clock and him in his yellow tie! 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Pity about the lack of a sponsor for the league though. Still :munny: for you.

If we could get another two or three old firm games I could probably arrange a sponsor.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

SJ has now jumped in to your negative camp. He now thinks we'll lose. 

He said that a while ago. 

FWIW  I think we we'll win. 

That probably means we’ll win then.

:pleasing:

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I don't think the decision needs to be unanimous, 2-1 either way is enough

Could it be a three-way split and they've realised the SFA rules don't have adequate rules on how to proceed?

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think so. Exceptional costs like Covid and transfer fees would be excluded from the calculation.

Based on what?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

This will be a Jim White special on Sky Sports on Friday - will we get a decision before the 1st of August? A massive countdown clock and him in his yellow tie! 

and shouting as usual.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

The longer this goes on, the more I think we might have won.

Be under no illusion that if we had lost the SPFL wouldn't have leaked it left, right and centre by now.

Shanks said no

5 days or 120 hours or 7200 minutes or 432,000 seconds until the season supposedly kicks off. 

12 minutes ago, davieholt said:

No it wouldn't

A win is a win

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, davieholt said:

A fair point. As I think someone mentioned all panel members must give their written verdict. So if it is only 1 vote in our favour, their reasoning might encourage our QC to challenge.

Unknown user

8 million?

It should have been 10 :D

Everyone, calm TF down. No one knows anything til it's announced, THEN we can all go ****ing tonto, one way or the other. Let's sing kumbayah.

12 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Perhaps offered us a glamour friendly at the Mad-Stad!!

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

No problems to me if the rest cover some of our covid losses, but is that really likely?

Should be. Though the SPFL would try to argue against it...Civil law is about restitution. We have a duty to minimise our losses and Ann Budge has done this, ie couldn't add Messi to the payroll then claim his wages, but trying to include a factor like Covid to reduce our claim may actually be difficult ...

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Queensland Jambo said:

The longer this goes on, the more I think we might have won.

Be under no illusion that if we had lost the SPFL wouldn't have leaked it left, right and centre by now.

Thats where I am getting at, if we lost there are 40 clubs jumping about with glee plus averybody who works for the SPFL and SFA, one would have leaked.  Whereas as just 2 clubs is easier to contain. 

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm getting the butterfly feeling in my stomach that something is bubbling and not long to wait now. :) 

Either have some lunch or go to the loo. 

4 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Based on what?

Based on types of cost - normal ones v exceptional costs. Same as in financial reporting: You make a trading profit which is comparable year on year. You don't include transfer income/losses in that.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )