SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Not surprised at this Joe Black news, if correct, for the news of the SFA charge instantly made me think that the SPFL were having trouble providing full disclosure of documents (that didn't damn themselves) and they'd called on their mates, or just put on their other hats, for help to provide some deflection or intimidation.

That the SFA should serve the charge while hosting the arbitration seemed, to me, to be something they would/could only do if they knew that arbitration under their roof was not going to happen.

I still acknowledge, though, that this post is made assuming Black's news is correct. If it's not, then the SFA action continues to baffle me.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

heatonjambo

Guys,

I have stated this before and will keep saying it. 

I honestly believe a lot of the clubs want an interdict. The longer the delay they can keep the illusion going that they are sustainable functioning businesses, which they are not. Many, many clubs are on the edge, including in the SPFL, but none will admit it for fear of being demoted to the bottom tier.

if recon was voted through we would all be starting on 1st of AUGUST BCD, but so many can’t do this.

i don’t believe the SPFL want an interdict, just almost everyone else, both to save their skins and also boot out dungface etal 

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not surprised at this Joe Black news, if correct, for the news of the SFA charge instantly made me think that the SPFL were having trouble providing full disclosure of documents (that didn't damn themselves) and they'd called on their mates, or just put on their other hats, for help to provide some deflection or intimidation.

That the SFA should serve the charge while hosting the arbitration seemed, to me, to be something they would/could only do if they knew that arbitration under their roof was not going to happen.

I still acknowledge, though, that this post is made assuming Black's news is correct. If it's not, then the SFA action continues to baffle me.

Their shredder must be blocked. It happens.

If any of this is true about not handing over all the required paperwork that won’t look good on them with the panel as it will obviously show they have something to hide(which we all know they do)

2 weeks to hand in paperwork and still not done.

Do tjey still think they are dealing with Keith Jackson and not an actual judge?

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So do I and most of them are in the lodge.  Their affection for us is misguided and I let them know that.

Two cheeks of the same erse - not a new term, but apt.

Doesn't make Raider a bad person (I love my family members mentioned above (I even love some of my catholic family!!)) but his soft spot can go sook my plooms.  If Hibernian were in the same position, would Celtic fans be soft spotting?  You know what I mean?

His club has done nothing to help us - his supporters and those of every other club, have done nothing to help us.  But then his supporters watched his own club die, unlike us.

Sorry if this seems petty and I have no ill will to Raider himself, but his club is a blight on our nation, along  with their board-level friends in hoops.  I want no soft spots, I want no kinship.  That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge what is wrong here.

And let's also remember he's referenced his club's hard times.  That came about cos they cheated.  And they were allowed to rejoin the leagues against protocol.  So being attacked from all sides?  HArdly.  If I recall, only one journo really took them to task and he was from outwith Scottish football.  Hardly the persecution we PT and Stanraer are up against.  Rules were changed to benefit them, they were changed to punish us.

Again, no offence Raider, but don't think your soft spot is welcomed by the vast majority of us.  Those who do harness it are either bigots, or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.  Or both.

<that gif with the standing ovation>

Hear, hear.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In the unlikely event they wished us well I’d take it at face value and move on like a grown up

No bother. :lol: 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Their shredder must be blocked. It happens.

👍😄 Just realised,I had Shreddies for breakfast! Did taste a bit papery, too. :(

Neil Dongcaster

Is this Joe guy reliable? I’ve seen him referred to a number of times but not sure how accurate his information is.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Your Rangers beacon going off again... 

Well that wasn't predictable. Zzzzz....

17 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If the SPFL had a case they would want it over and done with,  Even DU would want that?

If they have not supplied over the paper work, get a court order to seize it, hold the SPFL in contempt.  Both their QC's confirmed the case would be completed in time?

Not quite confirmed.

Lord Clark "During the hearing I raised questions about whether the arbitration procedure will be able to determine this matter before 1 August. While, for obvious reasons, I have not been given any absolute assurances on this matter, senior counsel for the SPFL and for Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have each submitted that there is no reasonto conclude that the matter cannot be dealt with in arbitration before 1 August 

3 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The SPFL are destroying our game

Looks like the tribunal due to start today isn't. It appears that both sides are still gathering evidence which would suggest the

haven't been quick enough to provide full disclosure 1st August start for the league? Doesn't look likely as it will be next week for start

from Joe Black ?

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not quite confirmed.

Lord Clark "During the hearing I raised questions about whether the arbitration procedure will be able to determine this matter before 1 August. While, for obvious reasons, I have not been given any absolute assurances on this matter, senior counsel for the SPFL and for Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have each submitted that there is no reasonto conclude that the matter cannot be dealt with in arbitration before 1 August 

Ah.  Before 1st Aug.  So be it.  I guess if we get the impression they're genuinely kicking heels for tactical reasons, we make a move.

There are still 2 full working weeks before the 1Aug. I believe it will happen. The problem is caused if we are successful at getting relegation cancelled. I'm more of the opinion that it will be relegation with a compensation order as this will be seen as least disruptive option...I am half expecting to be disappointed with the level of compensation which will leave us feeling like it is a defeat.

51 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So do I and most of them are in the lodge.  Their affection for us is misguided and I let them know that.

Two cheeks of the same erse - not a new term, but apt.

Doesn't make Raider a bad person (I love my family members mentioned above (I even love some of my catholic family!!)) but his soft spot can go sook my plooms.  If Hibernian were in the same position, would Celtic fans be soft spotting?  You know what I mean?

His club has done nothing to help us - his supporters and those of every other club, have done nothing to help us.  But then his supporters watched his own club die, unlike us.

Sorry if this seems petty and I have no ill will to Raider himself, but his club is a blight on our nation, along  with their board-level friends in hoops.  I want no soft spots, I want no kinship.  That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge what is wrong here.

And let's also remember he's referenced his club's hard times.  That came about cos they cheated.  And they were allowed to rejoin the leagues against protocol.  So being attacked from all sides?  HArdly.  If I recall, only one journo really took them to task and he was from outwith Scottish football.  Hardly the persecution we PT and Stanraer are up against.  Rules were changed to benefit them, they were changed to punish us.

Again, no offence Raider, but don't think your soft spot is welcomed by the vast majority of us.  Those who do harness it are either bigots, or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.  Or both.

This is so spot on it deserves to be re-quoted frequently. Hit the nail on the head. 

colinmaroon

I have got no time for either of the Bigot Brothers but, I have always  disliked Rangers more than Celtic, mainly because as a kid as a Hearts supporter in the West (Clarkston) and Hearts were winning in the mid to late 50's, I used to get regular doings from older boys who wanted to "make" me support the "peepul."  I also hated the sectarian shit!  As I grew, this idea of us as somehow connected to their bile, really angered me and as chairman of the Glasgow Branch, I was active with the Fed of Supporters Clubs in banning religious insignia from buses etc.

However, this whole debacle has changed that from the point of view I now despise Celtic more, because I firmly believe Llawell's influence and arrogance is a major contributory factor to where we are.  The rush to end the season, blatantly, was down to one club's naked ambition and self-interest.  We don't have to look far to discover who was behind Dundee's volte-face and promise of big friendlies.  I also believe that they are the driving force behind DU & Co.

I have lost all interest in football as a result of these mingers' skulduggery and the complete lack of any support from other clubs (with very few exceptions) and don't start me on the now clear and present corruption in the SFA, with Celtic's Compliance Officer employing Llawell's thug approach in the timing of their Notice of Complaint.  Mafia tactics if there ever were any.

I have been a football fanatic all my life and I cancelled Sky Sports, BT Sport and I will definitely not be renewing and I don't even watch Match of the Day.  I haven't watched one free to air game - started a couple of times and went over to BBC i-Player and watched Silent Witness instead.  I am totally scunnered.

If it's not a Hearts game, I am not interested,

I LONG for them both to leave, lock, stock and barrel for some other league.  We're told Scottish Football wouldn't survive.  Bollocks!  Of course we would survive and be a lot healthier without the sectarian crap.

If we we win this case, either through arbitration or going back to the courts, it will, for me, be right up there with '98.  My one regret so far is that it's all behind closed doors AGAIN.  The curse of Scottish Football.

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There are still 2 full working weeks before the 1Aug. I believe it will happen. The problem is caused if we are successful at getting relegation cancelled. I'm more of the opinion that it will be relegation with a compensation order as this will be seen as least disruptive option...I am half expecting to be disappointed with the level of compensation which will leave us feeling like it is a defeat.

Pretty much agree with this.

What would be a real kick in the teeth and I don't even know if this is possible is if the compensation is an undisclosed amount.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I have got no time for either of the Bigot Brothers but, I have always  disliked Rangers more than Celtic, mainly because as a kid as a Hearts supporter in the West (Clarkston) and Hearts were winning in the mid to late 50's, I used to get regular doings from older boys who wanted to "make" me support the "peepul."  I also hated the sectarian shit!  As I grew, this idea of us as somehow connected to their bile, really angered me and as chairman of the Glasgow Branch, I was active with the Fed of Supporters Clubs in banning religious insignia from buses etc.

However, this whole debacle has changed that from the point of view I now despise Celtic more, because I firmly believe Llawell's influence and arrogance is a major contributory factor to where we are.  The rush to end the season, blatantly, was down to one club's naked ambition and self-interest.  We don't have to look far to discover who was behind Dundee's volte-face and promise of big friendlies.  I also believe that they are the driving force behind DU & Co.

I have lost all interest in football as a result of these mingers' skulduggery and the complete lack of any support from other clubs (with very few exceptions) and don't start me on the now clear and present corruption in the SFA, with Celtic's Compliance Officer employing Llawell's thug approach in the timing of their Notice of Complaint.  Mafia tactics if there ever were any.

I have been a football fanatic all my life and I cancelled Sky Sports, BT Sport and I will definitely not be renewing and I don't even watch Match of the Day.  I haven't watched one free to air game - started a couple of times and went over to BBC i-Player and watched Silent Witness instead.  I am totally scunnered.

I LONG for them both to leave, lock, stock and barrel for some other league.  We're told Scottish Football wouldn't survive.  Bollocks!  Of course we would survive and be a lot healthier without the sectarian crap.

If we we win this case, either through arbitration or going back to the courts, it will, for me, be right up there with '98.  My one regret so far is that it's all behind closed doors AGAIN.  The curse of Scottish Football.

Mingers!  Love it Rev!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Not quite confirmed.

Was there not something, though, that said they had to to provide the documentation requested by a certain date? Obviously to give the petitioners time to examine and form an argument around them if possible. I suspect there can't be many separate issues, on either side, that could lead to any delay, warranted or otherwise.

Alternatively, there's maybe a possibility that our side have discovered that, on receipt of the documentation, our case has collapsed, hence the action by the SFA? But I do doubt if that was the case, or even just that the documentation had weakened our case, that there would have been such a strong joint statement from the clubs who would now be more contrite rather than even slightly belligerent in any public statements they make. 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Great, brilliant, fanrastic post. Keep the faith bud. Remember, its allways darker before dawn, well come out of this with our heads held high. Hearts always. 

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I agree. We have a different perception of his club and very few of us would claim to have a soft spot for them. However we need allies at the moment and any other fans with sympathetic views must be welcomed.

I've no problem with other teams fans as long as they declare their allegiance and respect our forum. 

This is now a war for the governance and honesty in Scottish football. 

We need as many clubs onside as possible. 

In a war situation sometimes traditional enemies can be allies. 

If we want things to change and to lobby politicians we need the support of ALL fans. 

David Black

The more the SPFL drag their feet with this the stronger it makes our case. The arbitration panel may in theory be impartial, they are none the less human beings and as such do not like getting the wee wee extracted. The same applies to Lord Clark. If they are delaying/refusing or denying certain docs ever existed , we have the Rangers dossier and Robertson from Rangers who would confirm their existence. The more they play silly buggers the stronger our case becomes.

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I've no problem with other teams fans as long as they declare their allegiance and respect our forum. 

This is now a war for the governance and honesty in Scottish football. 

We need as many clubs onside as possible. 

In a war situation sometimes traditional enemies can be allies. 

If we want things to change and to lobby politicians we need the support of ALL fans. 

I honestly believe that the silent majority of fans back us, at least as far as ripping a new one for the SPFL.  But that's the problem, they are "silent."

Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Well said mate! 👍 

Couldn't agree more with the highlighted sentence. It would be the MAKING of Scottish football IMO.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It'll be a race between the usual suspects to post the most hate filled, anti Rangers posts telling us they are a new club, huns, blah blah blah. Zzzzzzzz....

But they are a new team and are a horrible club :Shoosh:

12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Was there not something, though, that said they had to to provide the documentation requested by a certain date? Obviously to give the petitioners time to examine and form an argument around them if possible. I suspect there can't be many separate issues, on either side, that could lead to any delay, warranted or otherwise.

Alternatively, there's maybe a possibility that our side have discovered that, on receipt of the documentation, our case has collapsed, hence the action by the SFA? But I do doubt if that was the case, or even just that the documentation had weakened our case, that there would have been such a strong joint statement from the clubs who would now be more contrite rather than even slightly belligerent in any public statements they make. 

This is all I can see.

However, having considered the submissions and the calls set out in the specification of documents, I am satisfied that all of the documents that are identified are of potential relevance to the issues to be determined. These issues require to be determined with real expedition.

Edited by graygo

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If it's a truly independent panel and based on the laws being argued I dont think convenience is a factor for the guilty party.

If I shot you in the leg, going to jail would be pretty disruptive for me :(

David Black
5 minutes ago, Phage said:

If it's a truly independent panel and based on the laws being argued I dont think convenience is a factor for the guilty party.

If I shot you in the leg, going to jail would be pretty disruptive for me :(

The panel are there purely to judge on the lawfulness of the procedure etc carried out by the SPFL. It is not their remit to decide whether we are reinstated or what amount of compensation we receive. All that is required for reinstatement is that we take out an interdict to delay the entire season by around a month or more feasibly our games being pushed back a month, We can easily play catch up throughout the season.  

Just a thought but see if Hearts win this case and the Dundee vote should've stood resulting in the initial thing failing would the clubs then have a leg to stand on by refusing to pay us say the £8 million or whatever it is - the reason i ask is because not all the clubs were in on this deceit and it was more than likely orchestrated by Celtic Dundee and the SPFL this meaning the motion went through ,these clubs will argue that if it wasn't for skullduggery then all this wouldn't have happened in the first place 🤔

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Evening news reporting no date for tribunal to start yet. 

Dear Lord Clark . . .

David Black
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Just a thought but see if Hearts win this case and the Dundee vote should've stood resulting in the initial thing failing would the clubs then have a leg to stand on by refusing to pay us say the £8 million or whatever it is - the reason i ask is because not all the clubs were in on this deceit and it was more than likely orchestrated by Celtic Dundee and the SPFL this meaning the motion went through ,these clubs will argue that if it wasn't for skullduggery then all this wouldn't have happened in the first place 🤔

Hearts petition was for reinstatement.

colinmaroon
Just now, rory78 said:

They can then sue Celtic  Dundee and individual members of the board, including the monkey who is CEO.

Stendelsarmy
47 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

<that gif with the standing ovation>

Hear, hear.

"His club has done nothing to help us - his supporters and those of every other club, have done nothing to help us"

To be fair his club did produce the dossier that we we will no doubt be using. And did offer to fund an independent investigation

Maroon tinted glasses 2
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

They can then sue Celtic  Dundee and individual members of the board, including the monkey who is CEO.

Nope, they would need to request arbitration first then would need to seek permission to go to court....................................................................

loveofthegame

Honestly, just get the interdict in and take this back to Lord Clark. What an absolute ****ing shambles. It is so obvious that the SFA and SPFL are playing games on timing.

Unbelievable. If this isn't a deliberate delay tactic then I dunno what is. If the people required aren't available or there are any logisitical boundaries preventing it going ahead, at least say. But the radio silence from the SFA is astounding.

SPFL don't want the fallout of having to force through reconstruction, or of course, null and voiding last season. The latter would be as big a mess as the current situation, if not more. The former option of reconstruction, as we know has it's complications, but always was and is still, the best compromise. The obstacles faced from reconstruction could've been ironed out quite easily I think from a proactive board of directors. Sadly, this lot aren't up for the cup so to speak, unless Peter Lawell wants something done.

If the season starts, or is within days of starting, then it's too late to do anything about the relegations, and that seems as though it would be a victory in the eyes of the SPFL. However, that means that our only outcome of a successful case would be to push for financial compensation, perhaps even more money given yet more underhand tactics by the powers that be. And in what world, is that the best option? The SPFL claim they can't afford it, and they know the clubs would struggle too.

Is that scenario, sadly still more appealing and viable than annoying Celtic and Sky Sports?

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Does that not work in our favor.... this gives more time to focus on the arbitration? 

EDIT: Or does this mean we dont have a date for the arbitration? 

I assumed it was a date for the SFA complaint. 

Edited by I.T.K

AllyjamboDerbyshire
29 minutes ago, graygo said:

This is all I can see.

However, having considered the submissions and the calls set out in the specification of documents, I am satisfied that all of the documents that are identified are of potential relevance to the issues to be determined. These issues require to be determined with real expedition.

Cheers, Graygo. There was something at the back of my mind saying that Lord Clark had set a date for delivery of requested evidence, but I am probably wrong, though the time available to complete arbitration would dictate a timeous handover, and should the SPFL be responsible for any delays, you would imagine it would lend strength to our argument should we go for an interdict to stop the commencement of the league. Which tends to suggest that any delay from the SPFL will be because they have a problem, and not because they are playing for time to force a no-reinstatement scenario.

This will be about documents. SPFL will be crapping it as they don’t know what documents are out there, who’s got them and who will reveal them at the last minute. IMO

The last couple weeks just felt like a filler episode in a TV show. I just want to fast forward to the good stuff when all hell breaks loose.

A Friday statement declaring the case is going back to the CoS would be just lovely.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This. Get it back in CoS and an Interdict. 

Correct. These arrogant barstewards think they are above the law. Time to call BS again.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )