SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Just as well you are not on the arbitration panel.

Are you on the arbitration panel?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Jambo Mac said:

You should have stopped after your first sentence. We don’t like you because you support rangers

The guy is being up front about who he supports. He's coming on here to lend support to us and the jags but all you want to do is abuse him. Says more about you than him. Btw I hate sevco but welcome any opposition fans support against the corrupt *******s at Hampden. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

36 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So many Rangers fans have a soft spot for us? I don't think many of us have a soft spot for Rangers...They are as much part of the problem as Celtic, just that Celtic are now the Establishment club where it used to be them...

Definitely a few of our fans have a soft spot for their song book, 

Spoiler

and a union jack! 🤫

:jj_facepalm: 

1 hour ago, Raider said:

Hearts are too big a Scottish club to not succeed in defending itself in this.

Nonsense. Thats the problem with OF mentality. We won't win bmornlsoe because we are too big or small. We will be judged on the merit of the case. We are just lucky enough that we can afford to challenge them.

46 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I think that's a fair post. 

Very fair.

@Raider’s post was honest, open, friendly and supportive.

Give me that anytime over Hibs scum kidding on their Hearts and usually quite badly.

It's often posted that we don't mind fans of other clubs joining in the chat as long as they're up front so don't see the problem.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Aye HP, the aitken suite is still there under the old stand  - roll on the day we can get a few beers upstairs watching the game - need it watching our lot 

Aye buddie, roll on the day we play each other.

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

Definitely a few of our fans have a soft spot for their song book, 

Hide contents

and a union jack! 🤫

:jj_facepalm: 

But are they Hearts fans? or just bigots who attach themselves to Hearts and only appear for the Celtic and Hibs matches?

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not reading that but if it contradicts my post about the criteria for the panel then it's wrong. The same as it's wrong about the definition of time barred.

This is the wording from Lord Clark's judgement, it clearly states that it is the SFA rules regarding the chairperson.

[20] In terms of the Article 99.19 of the SFA’s articles of association, the arbitral tribunal (“the Tribunal”) may consist of three arbitrators. One of the provisions states that, if so, each party shall nominate an individual from the Tribunal Candidate List as its arbitrator, and 
the two arbitrators so appointed shall appoint a third arbitrator who shall be or has been a solicitor or advocate or member of the judiciary (Sheriff Court or Court of Session) of not less than 10 years’ standing (including cumulatively in a combination of the said functions) 
and who shall act as chairman of the Tribunal (“the Tribunal Chairman”). Accordingly, theSFA will not judge the issue in the arbitration. The independent arbitral tribunal will be presided over by an experienced lawyer or member of the judiciary. The arbitral tribunal is able to require evidence from witnesses and if required, in terms of rule 45 of the Scottish Arbitration Rules, the court can make appropriate orders in that regard.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Very fair.

Give me that anytime over Hibs scum kidding on their Hearts and usually quite badly.

It's often posted that we don't mind fans of other clubs joining in the chat as long as they're up front so don't see the problem.

Compare it to our new resident Bonnyrigg Rose supporter... If we are all still sitting about pretending that’s what he is, I mean. 🤣

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Compare it to our new resident Bonnyrigg Rose supporter... If we are all still sitting about pretending that’s what he is, I mean. 🤣

Exactly, bud.

A Hibs twit who just clogged the thread with shite which, in turn, was bogged down further by replies.

Engage with the open visitor or don't. No real need for anything else.

OmiyaHearts

Let's not get distracted by the post (which I think was in good faith) and focus our hate towards the institutions who are trying to bury us.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Hungry hippo
16 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Didn’t the SPFL QC state that the arbitration would be completed within 14 days? Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since it was heard by Lord Clark.

Surely Hearts could go back to COS due to undue delay.

Feel like the SPFL are stalling so that they can get the season going. 

I don't remember 14 days being quoted. Definitely said could get underway very quickly and would be able to complete it before the season is scheduled to start.

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

But are they Hearts fans? or just bigots who attach themselves to Hearts and only appear for the Celtic and Hibs matches?

Nonsense, when i was season ticket holder in section N front it was the same guys every week, or 2nd week. 

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

Very fair.

No it wasn’t.  It was mixed in with how poor rangers have been dealt unfairly when it’s a total heap of shite.  Soft spot for hearts like many other huns?  Aye right.  If that was a Hibs fan or a terrorist glorifier there would be zero apathy for the post.  GTF. 

Just to be clear there is ZERO comparison to our situation when the huns when bust.  They even got off with cheating for years and had the SFA in their back pockets.  **** both the old firm. 

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Exactly, bud.

A Hibs twit who just clogged the thread with shite which, in turn, was bogged down further by replies.

Engage with the open visitor or don't. No real need for anything else.

You get your spoon then mate.  The huns are on premier sports later too FYI.  No surrender 👍

kingantti1874

Some of our fans are absolute bellends.. sorry, guy dropped in to wish us well.. was open and honest about the team he supports. 

we are in no position to turn away support. 

Grow up. 

4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hello mate thanks for your sentiments. I personally have no issue with you coming on here giving your views given as you say you have a soft spot for Hearts. Despite what some think I know you are not alone as I have plenty of relatives who have similar feelings towards Hearts whilst supporting Rangers. Hopefully we get the right result and the football starts soon. 

So do I and most of them are in the lodge.  Their affection for us is misguided and I let them know that.

Two cheeks of the same erse - not a new term, but apt.

Doesn't make Raider a bad person (I love my family members mentioned above (I even love some of my catholic family!!)) but his soft spot can go sook my plooms.  If Hibernian were in the same position, would Celtic fans be soft spotting?  You know what I mean?

His club has done nothing to help us - his supporters and those of every other club, have done nothing to help us.  But then his supporters watched his own club die, unlike us.

Sorry if this seems petty and I have no ill will to Raider himself, but his club is a blight on our nation, along  with their board-level friends in hoops.  I want no soft spots, I want no kinship.  That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge what is wrong here.

And let's also remember he's referenced his club's hard times.  That came about cos they cheated.  And they were allowed to rejoin the leagues against protocol.  So being attacked from all sides?  HArdly.  If I recall, only one journo really took them to task and he was from outwith Scottish football.  Hardly the persecution we PT and Stanraer are up against.  Rules were changed to benefit them, they were changed to punish us.

Again, no offence Raider, but don't think your soft spot is welcomed by the vast majority of us.  Those who do harness it are either bigots, or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.  Or both.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some of our fans are absolute bellends.. sorry, guy dropped in to wish us well.. was open and honest about the team he supports. 

we are in no position to turn away support. 

Grow up. 

Celtic fan comes in does the same you would chuck a virtual shamrock at them aye? 

Hagar the Horrible

According to Joe black its not starting today as the SPFL have failed to disclose nearly enough

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

According to Joe black its not starting today as the SPFL have failed to disclose nearly enough

In that case back to COS surely? 

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

So do I and most of them are in the lodge.  Their affection for us is misguided and I let them know that.

Doesn't make Raider a bad person (I love my family members mentioned above (I even love some of my catholic family!!)) but his soft spot can go sook my plooms.  If Hibernian were in the same position, would Celtic fans be soft spotting?  You know what I mean?

His club has done nothing to help us - his supporters and those of every other club, have done nothing to help us.  But then his supporters watched his own club die, unlike us.

Sorry if this seems petty and I have no ill will to Raider himself, but his club is a blight on our nation, along  with their board-level friends in hoops.  I want no soft spots, I want no kinship.  That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge what is wrong here.

And let's also remember he's referenced his club's hard times.  That came about cos they cheated.  And they were allowed to rejoin the leagues against protocol.  So being attacked from all sides?  HArdly.  If I recall, only one journo really took them to task and he was from outwith Scottish football.  Hardly the persecution we PT and Stanraer are up against.  Rules were changed to benefit them, they were changed to punish us.

Again, no offence Raider, but don't think your soft spot is welcomed by the vast majority of us.  Those who do harness it are either bigots, or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.  Or both.

Thank goodness for common sense man.  

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Joe Black is a bellend, but he definitely has inside track, if you wade through his RW&B nonsense.

Surely this is going back to COS?  And if so is that quite on purpose from SPFL?  Their only tactic thus far has been delay.  Does make you think they've nothing to defend themselves.

Got to hope this will only be looked upon dimly if true and if it does end up back on Lord Clark's desk. 

Interdict???

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I don't remember 14 days being quoted. Definitely said could get underway very quickly and would be able to complete it before the season is scheduled to start.

Correct.

Lord Clark "During the hearing I raised questions about whether the arbitration procedure will be able to determine this matter before 1 August. While, for obvious reasons, I have not been given any absolute assurances on this matter, senior counsel for the SPFL and for Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have each submitted that there is no reasonto conclude that the matter cannot be dealt with in arbitration before 1 August and indeed, 
as I understood it, that their clients are reasonably confident that it can be. Mr Borland said that there was a realistic prospect of the arbitration being completed and Mr Moynihan advised that the SPFL is not aware of any difficulty at all of having an arbitration concluded speedily or in the arbitral tribunal being persuaded to deal with the matters urgently because everyone is aware of the ultimate deadline. I trust that every possible step will be taken to have it dealt with in time."

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

To think it was originally seen as a one day hearing in the CoS.

Then, that got put back by one day.

Then, the DUFC QC spoke for ever.

So, that was 3 days.

Then, sent back to arbitration 13 days ago.

And now (if true), this.

Independence
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Top post!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Joe Black is a bellend, but he definitely has inside track, if you wade through his RW&B nonsense.

Surely this is going back to COS?  And if so is that quite on purpose from SPFL?  Their only tactic thus far has been delay.  Does make you think they've nothing to defend themselves.

Got to hope this will only be looked upon dimly if true and if it does end up back on Lord Clark's desk. 

Interdict???

I reckon they will up the threats before it goes back to CoS, maybe bringing uefa into it.

26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The guy is being up front about who he supports. He's coming on here to lend support to us and the jags but all you want to do is abuse him. Says more about you than him. Btw I hate sevco but welcome any opposition fans support against the corrupt *******s at Hampden. 

Doubt he’ll be bothered which way Arbitration goes

AlphonseCapone
38 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Going by his name I’m sure he will be delighted with the SPFL’s handling of the vote. 

How's that? 

Back to 2005

Reading between the lines the SPFL are deliberately witholding the crucial documentation. Would expect our patience to run out shortly.

John Findlay
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Reading between the lines the SPFL are deliberately witholding the crucial documentation. Would expect our patience to run out shortly.

If this is indeed the case then they are in contempt of court.

David Black
44 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Think the clue to your question might be in the name! 😏

Exactly.

Closer to Aug 1st it gets IF we are reinstated we will be struggling to be match fit. All done on purpose.

1 hour ago, Raider said:

Hello lads and lassies. I know you may not like me because I support Rangers, I am not here to defend my club or whatever. Like a lot of our fans, I've always had a soft spot for your club, and I think it's disgusting how you're being treated by a governing body entrusted to protect its member clubs.

Bit patronising, IMO.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Soft spot for our club.  Lost me there.

Our clubs have no connection.  That's your current club and your old one, by the way.

Thanks for your concern as a football fan, but beat it with your soft spot.

Hear, hear.

1 hour ago, jambone said:

Thanks for that. You can stick your soft spot up your soft spot though.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, stuartp said:

Get him removed from this forum, there are too many interlopers on here as it is 

1 hour ago, harrywragg said:

👀

:lol: 

29 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nonsense. Thats the problem with OF mentality. We won't win bmornlsoe because we are too big or small. We will be judged on the merit of the case. We are just lucky enough that we can afford to challenge them.

Eh?

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Arseholes whom we can well do without.

17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just to be clear there is ZERO comparison to our situation when the huns when bust.  They even got off with cheating for years and had the SFA in their back pockets.  **** both the old firm. 

Hear, hear for this too.

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Doesn't make Raider a bad person ... but his soft spot can go sook my plooms.

And let's also remember he's referenced his club's hard times.  That came about cos they cheated.  And they were allowed to rejoin the leagues against protocol.  So being attacked from all sides?  Hardly.  If I recall, only one journo really took them to task and he was from outwith Scottish football.  Hardly the persecution we, PT and Stranraer are up against.  Rules were changed to benefit them, they were changed to punish us.

Wow. Top, top post (mildly edited as I don't like quoting full posts if they're lengthy).

27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No it wasn’t.  It was mixed in with how poor rangers have been dealt unfairly when it’s a total heap of shite.  Soft spot for hearts like many other huns?  Aye right.  If that was a Hibs fan or a terrorist glorifier there would be zero apathy for the post.  GTF. 

26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You get your spoon then mate.  The huns are on premier sports later too FYI.  No surrender 👍

The poster was backing his/her club. What fan wouldn't do that? That backing and feeling of injustice (misguided or not) is relevant to coming on here and being empathetic with our current situation. 

A Hibs or Celtic fan simply wouldn't come on JKB and openly back us. I've never seen it happen.

The spoon reference has went over my head but any suggestion that I have some kind of "soft spot" for Rangers or I'm part of any no surrender, cousins of William brethren is way off mark. You can get that to feck.

Edited by martoon

David Black
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Closer to Aug 1st it gets IF we are reinstated we will be struggling to be match fit. All done on purpose.

This is when we apply for an interdict.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Celtic fan comes in does the same you would chuck a virtual shamrock at them aye? 

In the unlikely event they wished us well I’d take it at face value and move on like a grown up

Castle rock
26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Best Post for days mate👍

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So, if that is the case, but their lawyer said openly in court that it could be done in 2 weeks.... what are the repercussions of that basically being a lie?

Serious question.  Everyone kind of thought 2 weeks was unlikely for arbitration (few on here who have experience of it mocked that timeframe).  I know we can go back to COS, or we can plough on with arb.  But does something happen that they've basically misled about timeframe, basically to ensure it would come back out the COS??

Hagar the Horrible

If the SPFL had a case they would want it over and done with,  Even DU would want that?

If they have not supplied over the paper work, get a court order to seize it, hold the SPFL in contempt.  Both their QC's confirmed the case would be completed in time?

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Contempt of court hopefully Lord Clark steps in.

Think it explains why the SFA charge happened the other day...

No longer active
9 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

So we will start a bit later, when ready, and catch up 

Just now, George Cowie said:

So we will start a bit later, when ready, and catch up 

More games with fans in for us = more dosh I suppose!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )