SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Raider said:

Hello lads and lassies. I know you may not like me because I support Rangers, I am not here to defend my club or whatever. Like a lot of our fans, I've always had a soft spot for your club, and I think it's disgusting how you're being treated by a governing body entrusted to protect its member clubs.

As a supporter of my own club, I have gone through some difficult times when it seemed we were getting hammered non-stop from every direction. I was just a supporter mind, and in the end, the only people who have suffered during our own crisis are the supporters.

I do not wish the current difficulties on your club, I believe if we fight together for what is right we are all together stronger. Hearts are too big a Scottish club to not succeed in defending itself in this. I hope your fans can solidify and be one-minded in its support for your club.

Anyway, I am just a supporter, and don't have anything ground-breaking to say other than I believe you're fight is just, and I hope you win, and I'm sure you will.

Good post mate.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

8 minutes ago, Raider said:

Hello lads and lassies. I know you may not like me because I support Rangers, I am not here to defend my club or whatever. Like a lot of our fans, I've always had a soft spot for your club, and I think it's disgusting how you're being treated by a governing body entrusted to protect its member clubs.

As a supporter of my own club, I have gone through some difficult times when it seemed we were getting hammered non-stop from every direction. I was just a supporter mind, and in the end, the only people who have suffered during our own crisis are the supporters.

I do not wish the current difficulties on your club, I believe if we fight together for what is right we are all together stronger. Hearts are too big a Scottish club to not succeed in defending itself in this. I hope your fans can solidify and be one-minded in its support for your club.

Anyway, I am just a supporter, and don't have anything ground-breaking to say other than I believe you're fight is just, and I hope you win, and I'm sure you will.

Soft spot for our club.  Lost me there.

Our clubs have no connection.  That's your current club and your old one, by the way.

Thanks for your concern as a football fan, but beat it with your soft spot.

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Raider said:

👍 

13 minutes ago, Raider said:

I know you may not like me because I support Rangers, I am not here to defend my club or whatever. Like a lot of our fans, I've always had a soft spot for your club,

Clearly, we're not doing our job in showing how much we hate the Huns.

16 minutes ago, Raider said:

Hello lads and lassies. I know you may not like me because I support Rangers

Now if you had been clever and not put this into you post you may have got and get a more favourable welcome from the JKB massive.

Including the following just blew it "Like a lot of our fans, I've always had a soft spot for your club"

Edited by 7628mm

Kirky Jambo

Cheers @Raider, fingers crossed. I’ve no idea which way it is going to go and have a feeling the SPFL and the clubs involved don’t either, hence the sudden panic stations all over the place

2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Clearly, we're not doing our job in showing how much we hate the Huns.

We don't but some on here may, but I don't for sure.

46 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

That was my understanding of it.  I think LC said words to the effect that promotion/relegation And sporting integrity were Issues fundamental to Football, hence the referral to arbitration. 

Yep that’s what I thought also. So unless I’ve missed something that argument is meaningless. 

Allowayjambo1874

Well that’s the next two-three pages of this thread hijacked because a rangers fan posted a supportive message. 

47 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

That was my understanding of it.  I think LC said words to the effect that promotion/relegation And sporting integrity were Issues fundamental to Football, hence the referral to arbitration. 

That was actually the argument made by the C3 QC, who wanted the case kicked out.  Lord Clark actually stated that it was a matter of company law, hence he rejected the C3 petition and referred it to arbitration, while setting criteria for the chairperson of the panel in terms of their legal experience.  The arbitration panel will be assessing the case from a point of law, not footballing issues.

Boyces beard
16 minutes ago, Raider said:

Cheers for taking the time to make an account and wish us well against the powers that be. You are going to get alot of abuse though which is understandable as emotions are running extremely high right now.

FTH  FTSPFL  FTSFA

22 minutes ago, Raider said:

I think that's a fair post. 

26 minutes ago, Raider said:

Thanks for that. You can stick your soft spot up your soft spot though.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

I think that's a fair post. 

It is a fair post. Its a well known fact i do not like that club but appreciate the support. I suppose the more teams that are unhappy with what the spfl and sfa are up to the better for the whole game in scotland.

26 minutes ago, Raider said:

Get him removed from this forum, there are too many interlopers on here as it is 

Guess The Crowd
2 minutes ago, jambone said:

Thanks for that. You can stick your soft spot up your soft spot though.

😃 He seems a decent enough sort, but that made me laugh. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Get him removed from this forum, there are too many interlopers on here as it is 

it’s a football forum, decent away fans welcome imo as long as not on the wind up. 

So many Rangers fans have a soft spot for us? I don't think many of us have a soft spot for Rangers...They are as much part of the problem as Celtic, just that Celtic are now the Establishment club where it used to be them...

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That was actually the argument made by the C3 QC, who wanted the case kicked out.  Lord Clark actually stated that it was a matter of company law, hence he rejected the C3 petition and referred it to arbitration, while setting criteria for the chairperson of the panel in terms of their legal experience.  The arbitration panel will be assessing the case from a point of law, not footballing issues.

You sure ? I’m positive when LC was summing up he stated(paraphrasing) because promotion and relegation was involved this was a sporting issue. 

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

So their walk won’t complete the full distance but they will still claim they are winners .........

sounds familiar 

lol!

7 minutes ago, stuartp said:

👀

Class of 75
40 minutes ago, Raider said:

Hello mate thanks for your sentiments. I personally have no issue with you coming on here giving your views given as you say you have a soft spot for Hearts. Despite what some think I know you are not alone as I have plenty of relatives who have similar feelings towards Hearts whilst supporting Rangers. Hopefully we get the right result and the football starts soon. 

Edited by Class of 75

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So many Rangers fans have a soft spot for us? I don't think many of us have a soft spot for Rangers...They are as much part of the problem as Celtic, just that Celtic are now the Establishment club where it used to be them...

Yup and that's the one and only reason for any empathy to our case as we are doing the dirty work for them. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

So a gruelling 19 hour walk has been reduced to a stroll to the shops to pick up the morning paper. 

What an embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

No, the SPFL QC Moynihan said that, and he's a snake so anything he says should be taken with a lorry load of salt.

Edit; apparently it was the C3 QC who said it but the point stands.

Edited by graygo

15 minutes ago, stuartp said:

What’s the problem exactly ? He has said he is a rangers fan, and not like he is pretending 

I would agree with you if he was on the wind up but by the looks of his post he is being genuine in saying that we have been wronged and is sympathetic. He is coming on to say exactly that - nothing wrong with that 

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Well that’s the next two-three pages of this thread hijacked because a rangers fan posted a supportive message. 

It'll be a race between the usual suspects to post the most hate filled, anti Rangers posts telling us they are a new club, huns, blah blah blah. Zzzzzzzz....

51 minutes ago, Raider said:

Appreciate the post and the sentiment behind it 👍

33 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Lord Clark didn't set the criteria for the chairperson of the panel.

It's in the SFA arbitration rules.

Forever Hearts

David Black

Interesting that MP Ian Murray is asking the UK sports minister to get involved with Scottish football as well as English football. That's ok, but what the hell is Scottish Sports Minister MSP, Joseph Fitzpatrick doing whilst this fiasco plays out. Is he just another MSP who washes his hands of the remit given to his office.

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Do you think so i don't see it like this - not sure they've got any heavy hitting blows to deliver but pretty sure the Dundee vote could be ours,thus far im seeing them in my mind wandering about the ring all mouthy with the majority of the fans while we size them up and pick them off blow by blow

I didn't say who had the big punches - hopefully it's just us!

The frustrating thing is that just when the big fight is getting down to the nitty-gritty, it's being fought BCD and with a media blackout. Barry Hearn would be raging.

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It'll be a race between the usual suspects to post the most hate filled, anti Rangers posts telling us they are a new club, huns, blah blah blah. Zzzzzzzz....

Your Rangers beacon going off again... 

Heartsofgold
31 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Agreed however at least he had the balls to nail his colours to the mast.

13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

What’s the problem exactly ? He has said he is a rangers fan, and not like he is pretending 

I would agree with you if he was on the wind up but by the looks of his post he is being genuine in saying that we have been wronged and is sympathetic. He is coming on to say exactly that - nothing wrong with that 

I agree. We have a different perception of his club and very few of us would claim to have a soft spot for them. However we need allies at the moment and any other fans with sympathetic views must be welcomed.

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Interesting that MP Ian Murray is asking the UK sports minister to get involved with Scottish football as well as English football. That's ok, but what the hell is Scottish Sports Minister MSP, Joseph Fitzpatrick doing whilst this fiasco plays out. Is he just another MSP who washes his hands of the remit given to his office.

Think the clue to your question might be in the name! 😏

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

Going by his name I’m sure he will be delighted with the SPFL’s handling of the vote. 

1 hour ago, Raider said:

Good post ,hope Rangers go on and stop Celtic winning 10 unless Hearts get reinstated to the big league then I hope it's us.😄

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, harrywragg said:

I'll get ma coat 🤪

Morning harry, have you still got the bar under the stand, i love it in there.

Didn’t the SPFL QC state that the arbitration would be completed within 14 days? Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since it was heard by Lord Clark.

Surely Hearts could go back to COS due to undue delay.

Feel like the SPFL are stalling so that they can get the season going. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

So their walk won’t complete the full distance but they will still claim they are winners .........

sounds familiar 

:sadrobbo:

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, David Black said:

Where the OF are the Scottish sports minister is scared to tread.

1 hour ago, Raider said:

You should have stopped after your first sentence. We don’t like you because you support rangers

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Crete said:

Good post ,hope Rangers go on and stop Celtic winning  9 unless Hearts get reinstated to the big league then I hope it's us.

Fifty. They have only won 8.

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Didn’t the SPFL QC state that the arbitration would be completed within 14 days? Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since it was heard by Lord Clark.

Surely Hearts could go back to COS due to undue delay.

Feel like the SPFL are stalling so that they can get the season going. 

Yup Lord Clark asked QC Moynihan a couple of time’s to clarify how quickly the arbitration process could begin,  and “pretty much immediately” was what was indicated. There’s no doubt this would have had an impact on his ruling to let it go to arbitration. If it had stayed in court the case would have been heard this week 

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Morning harry, have you still got the bar under the stand, i love it in there.

Aye HP, the aitken suite is still there under the old stand  - roll on the day we can get a few beers upstairs watching the game - need it watching our lot 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )