SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

south morocco
1 minute ago, The Gasman said:

ย 

Agreed that weโ€™re chasing the SPFL for damages, but as the SPFL do not have funds of their own - will they in turn not need to get their Shareholders (the 42 member Clubs) to fund it? ย ๐Ÿค”

Agreed, but thatโ€™s their problem if it happens Good luck with sorting it out Neil๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, martoon said:

ย 

OK. Don't forget, I've got my old Mum and her ๐Ÿ‘œ in my corner.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚ good man ๐Ÿ‘

AllyjamboDerbyshire

ย 

Agreed that weโ€™re chasing the SPFL for damages, but as the SPFL do not have funds of their own - will they in turn not need to get their Shareholders (the 42 member Clubs) to fund it? ย ๐Ÿค”

The clubs would fund it - indirectly. The SPFL would have to pay it out of their income (basically TV and sponsorship money) thus reducing the pot available to pay out in prize money.

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I just cant see them putting us back in the top flight and taking dundee united out of it with less than 2 weeks to sort things out.

ย 

At that point we end up with a pittance in compo and no spfl blood gets spilled.

ย 

I want heads to roll!!

I think the point of our case is that, if the process was flawed, we have not been kicked out in the first place (ie the SPFL did not have the authority to call the season), thus there is no "putting us back", we are still there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I think the point of our case is that, if the process was flawed, we have not been kicked out in the first place (ie the SPFL did not have the authority to call the season), thus there is no "putting us back", we are still there.

Going to cause the mother of all logistical challengesย 

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

No, we're suing the spfl, not their shareholders.ย 

Any financial award comes from spfl funds before its divvied up, celtic can moan all they like about it.

FUnny thing about Celtic moaning would be that they'd be basically doing so on the accepted assumption that they would "pay" the biggest amount as they will be champions.ย  And everyone will accept that part of the argument.ย  Shows the game for what it is.ย  No contest really.

ย 

Answer will be, well if you're champions, you'll still receive more than anyone else.

ย 

That's not to say I disagree that it should be one vote each equal liability each.ย  Fact is though, I'd think the money needs to come from the SPFL, so it will.ย  They then need to divvy up prize money from what they have, that's the rules.ย  They'll have less, is all.

ย 

Hope it doesn't come to that.ย  Other than our legal fees, the pot can stay as is, then we'll nab our share when we win the premย next year.

22 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Celtic * stand to lose the most in cash terms here, and that is just too bad.

ย 

*ย or whomever finishes first (or is in first place when the season gets declared over) next season.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

ย 

No. They have liability limited to their investment, which is a token 1gbp each IIRC.

ย 

But put it this way - if you have shares in British gas and they get sued, are there any circumstances you'd expect to see a bill throughย the door?

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

ย 

*ย or whomever finishes first (or is in first place when the season gets declared over) next season.

ย 

Could be us then.

Just now, gnasher75 said:

ย 

Could be us then.

ย 

Could be but I didn't want to jinx it :lol:ย 

colinmaroon
48 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Good post. Slightly puzzled about the religious references, conflict of interest etc., do you mean those with sectarian connotations? ย 

0D725CA0-9CEF-49C3-896E-37B27DCF4F29.jpeg

ย 

ย 

True Christianity is as about far removed from institutionalised religion as its possible to get, let alone the sectarian bile we see from the Bigot Brothers.

ย 

ย 

Edited by colinmaroon

AlphonseCapone

Finding it impossible to see us being in the top league now. Two weeks from kick off, arbitration hasn't started by all accounts, we've not started training while premier league clubs are fully preparing for start of the season, just doesn't seem likely without an interdict.ย 

ย 

It's hard to judge our strategy as we all know nothing of it but either, we've accepted we won't be in the top league or we're preparing an interdict. Surely we can't leave it any longer to make a move like that if we have plans of playing in top league given when it kicks off, the time delays to start train if given permission and how far behind other premier clubs we already are at the minute.ย 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No. They have liability limited to their investment, which is a token 1gbp each IIRC.

ย 

But put it this way - if you have shares in British gas and they get sued, are there any circumstances you'd expect to see a bill throughย the door?

I would not expect them to bill me directly,ย no, but if theyโ€™ve not got fundsย to pay damages, would it not be shareholders they would turn to in order to raise the cash?

ย 

I donโ€™t know the answers here, my questions are genuine, but I wouldโ€™ve expected the โ€œownersโ€ to be those required to keep the business afloat - though I do take your point about limited liability.

I would not expect them to bill me directly,ย no, but if theyโ€™ve not got fundsย to pay damages, would it not be shareholders they would turn to in order to raise the cash?

ย 

I donโ€™t know the answers here, my questions are genuine, but I wouldโ€™ve expected the โ€œownersโ€ to be those required to keep the business afloat - though I do take your point about limited liability.

ย 

Maybe Neil Doncaster could organise a sponsored walk.ย 

27 minutes ago, Boof said:

ย 

Indeed. Just goes to show how much faith I have in the league being in any way competitive ๐Ÿ˜

AllyjamboDerbyshire
40 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I bet they would have the nerve to insist both us and PT contribute too?

Just like everyone else, the prize pot would be reduced and so wouldย our payments in direct proportion to everyone else.

CASH FEARย 

Hearts and Partick Thistle compensation payout could put SPFL clubs UNDER, says St Mirren chief Tony Fitzpatrick

TONY FITZPATRICK fears a ยฃ10million compensation payout for Hearts and Partick Thistle could put clubs under.

Theย St Mirrenย chief executive doesn't blame the relegated duo for taking their fight to the courts.

But Fitzy had no idea how the SPFL's member clubs would foot the bill if an SFA arbitration hearing awards massive costs.

He told theย BBC Sportsoundย podcast: "If that does happen then it could put a lot of clubs in Scottish football under, with the money being talked about.

"I'll be honest, if we were inย Heartsย and Thistle's position we would be doing the same thing.

"We'd be fighting as much as we can for our supporters and club.

"I understand why they are doing everything possible to stay in the league and fight for their rights.

"But it was unprecedented circumstances and I did say at the time, the league table rarely lies after 30 games.

"They never deserved to go down but Hearts were in that position.

"It could have been us. We played them in what was almost a play-off when we won 1-0.

"It's a sad situation but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't be doing what Ann Budge and Jacqui Low are.

"I'm just hoping that something can be fixed out as it's not healthy at all.

"They are only doing what the rest of us would have so I can't be too critical, but we are all going to be affected.

"I am hoping that common sense prevails and it will be sorted."

Fitzpatrick would like to help fund the legal battle of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

But he insists that decision will be made by the Buddies board over the next 24 hours.

He said: "It will be part of the board meeting discussions. The clubs have been hard hit and we need to look at it.

"I can understand them asking for it but it's not my decision.

"These are hard times for everyone and we need to look after our staff..

"If we could do it, then of course we would try to help anyone, but it's very difficult."

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

ย 

You would never get a bill from BG in those circumstances. However, it is possible to look through corporate limited liability in certain cases.

ย 

Here, it would need the shareholders to have acted unlawfully or to have a situation where moneys are paid out to the clubs by the SPFL when they all knew there was a contingent liability - compensation of ยฃ10m to us and Partick Thistle for example.

ย 

If the SPFL paid out all the money it receives from Sky, then there would, in the current situation, be a pretty decent argument that we could go after the clubs in my view.

King Of The Cat Cafe
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

ย 

Maybe Neil Doncaster could organise a sponsored walk off the end of a cliff.

ย 

ย 

FTFY.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

Hearts and Partick Thistle compensation payout could put SPFL clubs UNDER, says St Mirren chief Tony Fitzpatrick

TONY FITZPATRICK fears a ยฃ10million compensation payout for Hearts and Partick Thistle could put clubs under.

Theย St Mirrenย chief executive doesn't blame the relegated duo for taking their fight to the courts.

But Fitzy had no idea how the SPFL's member clubs would foot the bill if an SFA arbitration hearing awards massive costs.

He told theย BBC Sportsoundย podcast: "If that does happen then it could put a lot of clubs in Scottish football under, with the money being talked about.

"I'll be honest, if we were inย Heartsย and Thistle's position we would be doing the same thing.

"I understand why they are doing everything possible to stay in the league and fight for their rights.

"But it was unprecedented circumstances and I did say at the time, the league table rarely lies after 30 games.

"It could have been us. We played them in what was almost a play-off when we won 1-0.

"It's a sad situation but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't be doing what Ann Budge and Jacqui Low are.

"They are only doing what the rest of us would have so I can't be too critical, but we are all going to be affected.

Fitzpatrick would like to help fund the legal battle of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

But he insists that decision will be made by the Buddies board over the next 24 hours.

He said: "It will be part of the board meeting discussions. The clubs have been hard hit and we need to look at it.

"If we could do it, then of course we would try to help anyone, but it's very difficult."

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

The table rarely lies after 30 games Tony? What about last season then?

Honestly, I despair. This guy is the CEO of a premiership club - frightening.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

ย 

No, that is what is meant byย Limitedย Company, the shareholders' loss is limited to the cost of their shares, that is their shares may become valueless (if the company goes bust) or their value be reduced as a result of the cost, if, as in this case, they lose a court (arbitration) action. Basically, unlike a partnership or sole trader, no one can come after the shareholders for any money due byย a limited company.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

Says the cheat that lay down to Celtic on the final game of the seasonย 

bean counter
Just now, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

ย 

We would be doing the same as Hearts and Partick but I would like to help the otherside

ย 

We would try and help anyone but we never voted to help Hearts

ย 

The man's a pratt

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

ย 

ย 

Was all far until the 30 games comment.ย 

ย 

Short memory.ย 

3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

ย 

Beat me to it.

ย 

As for, "If we could do it, then of course we would try to help anyone, but it's very difficult." Could've helped EVERYONE with a sensible 'do no harm' vote in the first instance.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

It canโ€™t be just a โ€˜possibilityโ€™ if 4 OF games are guaranteed as part of the contract!!!!

ย 

It can only ever be a possibility, there is no contractual guarantee, do you think if they ever finished in different sides of the split that the SPFL would be in breach of contract? The only guarantee is that the league structure allows 4 games to happen, it doesn't guarantee that they will

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

And while he agrees that he would hope his club would act like Hearts and Partick if in the same position, he still says he wants his club to help fund the clubs who are trying to prevent Hearts and Partick from succeeding and preventing what he thinks is unfair. He'd have been better saying he'd like to help fund those clubs take the SPFL to court should they end up losing out on promotion. He also fails to point out that, should we win, then reconstruction would be more like a Lottery win for the SPFL because it would save them millions. Just another example of how so many people don't really understand what's going on.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Apart from him having a memory blank over 30 games and a team not getting relegated at the bottom after that point, the last point is astonishing. Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer getting unfairly demoted and its met with, "our sympathiesys" from clubs but in reality its a "get stuffed." Dundee United, Raith and Cove go into a legal action they didn't even need to be part of and now everyone is trying to help them out.ย 

ย 

Its clear that fairness is not being considered and almost everyone wanted to see us suffer.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

ย 

It can only ever be a possibility, there is no contractual guarantee, do you think if they ever finished in different sides of the split that the SPFL would be in breach of contract? The only guarantee is that the league structure allows 4 games to happen, it doesn't guarantee that they will

It's other events that guarantee 4 games every season, but this isn't a thread about referees, so I'll leave it alone for now ๐Ÿ˜ 

Gordon Ramsay
17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Not the brightest.ย 

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

ย 

I think 4 games ARE guaranteed and I have no doubt that if other teams had a good year and one of the ugly sisters finished 7th, the league would be re-constructed at the split! I think that theย newย SKY contract will reflect 4 games and be significantly reduced if they donโ€™t get them.ย 
ย 

We have just arranged a fixture to suit the OF.ย 

Edited by bobskeldon

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Thing is, to take the position after 30 games as an indication of how a club has performed over a 38 game season, is surely a lie in itself!ย 

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Thing is, to take the position after 30 games as an indication of how a club has performed over a 38 game season, is surely a lie in itself!ย 

This has been all but forgotten by the media and our assorted enemies.

SectionDJambo

Fitzpatrick sounds like he, and others, thought Hearts and Thistle would just roll over. How many times were they asked to prevent the demoted 3 clubs from taking an enormous financial hit, at almost no cost to themselves? They have done nothing to show any real remorse to those 3 clubs, or do the right thing, by lobbying for, and then voting for, reconstruction to provide a simple solution for everyone.

Now that the financial hit could be coming their way, itโ€™s a problem, and weโ€™re supposed to feel for them. The simple solution is still there, but none of them has the decency and courage to push for it.

It is madness. They are driving Scottish football off a cliff, when it is easy to make a turn to stay safe. And still they wonโ€™t do it.

Method in the Madness

ย 

SPFL are playing silly buggers but donโ€™t want us to go back to the courts, how to stop that, well why donโ€™t we get the SPL to threaten them....

Gilberts Fridge
29 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

I was just thinking that the SFA/SPFL have done a reasonable job in keeping the hard of thinking chairmen of the diddy clubs quiet for a few days and then this pops up.

ย 

Contradicts himself through the article and then admits that their boardย are considering breaking the SFA/SPFL rules.

ย 

Another couple of pages in our QC's file i think.ย 

23 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Had to smile at your comment about the "ugly sisters" not being "disrespected". Is it not disrespectful to call them that?

I can call them whatever I wantย because I donโ€™t at the time of posting not an owner of a Scottish football club or member of the SPFL or SFA. Just waiting on my lottery numbers coming up.

ย 

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ย 

Apart from him having a memory blank over 30 games and a team not getting relegated at the bottom after that point, the last point is astonishing. Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer getting unfairly demoted and its met with, "our sympathiesys" from clubs but in reality its a "get stuffed." Dundee United, Raith and Cove go into a legal action they didn't even need to be part of and now everyone is trying to help them out.ย 

ย 

Its clear that fairness is not being considered and almost everyone wanted to see us suffer.

Itโ€™s utterly bonkers: ย basically says we have been treated unfairly and then wants to fund the campaign to drive home that unfairness.ย 
ย 

I appreciate he is thinking more about the consequences of a large compensation claim so why are these club owners not speaking out against Doncaster and putting pressure on him to sort it?

Could, should the FoHs take this debacle to the CoS as our investment is being put at risk and ultimately we are the owners. Surely Hearts couldn't be charged by the SFA on this one and we can get an interdict now!

NaturalOrder74

I donโ€™t understand why theyโ€™re allowed time to fundraise is that all this delaying is about ?ย 

41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

CASH FEARย 

ย 

๐Ÿ™„

"Fitzy"

Arseholes

Fitba' broke my Heart
27 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I think 4 games ARE guaranteed and I have no doubt that if other teams had a good year and one of the ugly sisters finished 7th, the league would be re-constructed at the split! I think that theย newย SKY contract will reflect 4 games and be significantly reduced if they donโ€™t get them.ย 
ย 

We have just arranged a fixture to suit the OF.ย 

ย 

Perhaps this is the reason whyย Doncaster doesn't want the details of the sky contract to see the light of day?

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Finding it impossible to see us being in the top league now. Two weeks from kick off, arbitration hasn't started by all accounts, we've not started training while premier league clubs are fully preparing for start of the season, just doesn't seem likely without an interdict.ย 

ย 

It's hard to judge our strategy as we all know nothing of it but either, we've accepted we won't be in the top league or we're preparing an interdict. Surely we can't leave it any longer to make a move like that if we have plans of playing in top league given when it kicks off, the time delays to start train if given permission and how far behind other premier clubs we already are at the minute.ย 

No idea what our strategy is but an interdict would be best served on July 31st.ย 

Maybe that's what the SPFL Board and clubs want (except those involved in Europe) as they can't afford to play BCD. Hearts will be portrayed as the bad guys for stopping football. Mystifying though.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )