SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

I bought myself an 18yr old malt today, to either celebrate or commiserate, which will it be?🥃🇱🇻

Jeez long time since I celebrated with an 18 year old!!!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

There is no chance the SPFL want to delay arbitration. They told Lord Clark they would need to stop the league if the decision went fully against them after the league had commenced. They would also have risked it going back to CoS if they caused unnecessary delays.

They were guilty of delaying reconstruction talks but it benefits no-one involved to delay arbitration - except the lawyers.

I think you are incorrect as the SPFL & SFA have been getting their own way for so long they know no other way to behave. They will kick this can down the road for as long as they think they need to to get what they want.

I really think they believe that the Law of the land does not apply to them.  

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, TheBigO said:

That’s not creepy at all.

5 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

I bought myself an 18yr old malt today, to either celebrate or commiserate, which will it be?🥃🇱🇻

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Looks like you'll be celebrating 😉

15 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

"What will it be?"   Probably a 19yr old malt if the DUFC QC gets to speak.

scott herbertson
Just now, Gambo said:

That's good.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

What we don't know is when the panel will hear oral submissions both from the QCs or any witnesses being called.  That may have started or is likely to do so in the next day or two.

Do you think we will be informed when the arbitration "sitting" for the want of a better word commences?

10 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

ye canny hide yer money 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, HMFC-1874 said:

Anyone able to confirm if 

Wonder what time it runs until...

If Utd QC starts talking, until Doomsday!

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Optimist.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I had a good discussion with a Rangers fan and a Hibs fan today. We were all in complete agreement that the SPFL have caused all this nonsense, that Hearts need to win their case and Doncaster should be punted. 

All my Hibs mates are thoroughly enjoying our position but unanimous in thinking it's unfair and none support the SPFL in this. My D Utd mate's nose is pretty out of joint mind you. Social media isn't a very accurate reflection of opinion as usual. Everyone I know, even the D Utd fan, thinks reconstruction should have happened. Split about 50-50 on whether we might have been able to play to a finish.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

I borrowed a hobos phone so it's all good 😂😂

I hope you thoroughly disinfected your hands afterwards

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Do you think we will be informed when the arbitration "sitting" for the want of a better word commences?

I can only see that happening if one of the parties involved goes public with the timeline.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can only see that happening if one of the parties involved goes public with the timeline.

The fact the DR has got wind that is started means KJ got the nod from either Doncaster or Lawell.

I see Joe Black is saying arbitration starts tomorrow,  will we get any confirmation that it has started or will we just get a random announcement with the ruling at the end ?

30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Very good!😂

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I hope you thoroughly disinfected your hands afterwards

With a wire brush and bleach!! 😂

niblick1874

Did I read it wrong? I thought if both said they were all for it being open to the public it would be open to the public. Have I missed someone saying no to that? 

5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Did I read it wrong? I thought if both said they were all for it being open to the public it would be open to the public. Have I missed someone saying no to that? 

You've not missed anything but you'll get very long odds on it being public.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I find this all very cloak and dagger. 

So it appears possible that we may never know when it starts or ends and just the decision of the Arbitration panel?    

Is it possible we may never know the names of the 3 member panel? 

SFA are alleging that Hearts and Partick broke the Articles of Association of the SFA by dragging SPFL to court. It seems the Compliance Officer of the SFA hit the two clubs with a notice of complaint for taking this matter to the Court of Session without first asking permission from the SFA board. This rule breach carries the ultimate threat of being kicked out of the game. In fact, check the image below.

SFA-sanctions-1024x484.jpg

Seems ominous, does it not? The media which were pushing this for so long have been reporting on this with bated breath. Infact, check this late-night article from yesterday on The Daily Record by Keith Jackson (apologies for linking to them). A Hampden source conveniently dropped this piece of info to Mr Jackson, “It’s obviously a sensitive issue but the SFA had no choice but to stick to the letter of the law where its own rule book is concerned.

“The fact that this matter has already been taken to the Court of Session is in itself a prima facie breach of the SFA articles of association. As awkward as the timing might be, the Compliance Officer was really left with no option but to be seen to be applying the rules.”

Now while the Record article to its credit talks about how Lord Clark questioned the legality of clubs being expelled for going to court, it falls far short while fact-checking this ludicrous claim. For the record yes, Lord Clark questioned the legality and wondered if this can be viewed as contrary to public policy and hence unlawful. You should read this article I did on Patreon where I dissected Lord Clark’s order. It was much more interesting than the MSM let on.

However, the Daily Record (or indeed any other MSM outlet I came across) failed to question the underlying reason why SFA cannot actually do this. Infact just going through the Articles of Association of the SFA would have helped them with this task. Here is what Article 99.15 of SFA Articles of Association says, “A member or an associated person may not take a Football Dispute to a court of law except with the prior approval of the Board. For the avoidance of doubt, this article 99.15 does not prevent a member or an associated person from raising proceedings for time bar purposes, subject to such proceedings being sisted at the earliest opportunity for resolution in accordance with this article 99.”

See how everyone is quoting the first part of Article 99.15 (or even 99.12) but not the second part. If you didn’t know any better, you would think someone had an agenda. So the SFA Articles of Association DOES NOT prevent Hearts and Partick Thistle from going to court after all if it is to raise proceedings for time bar purposes. So what is time bar purpose? Something that needs to be resolved before the claim period expires.

So starting a new season on August 1 is something which needed an immediate resolution for prima facie time bar purposes. It’s not as if Hearts would have been helped with an arbitration result in September. Only compensation would have been available to them then. Atleast with Lord Clark’s order, the arbitration matter has to be done in a timely manner. I am sure now the MSM can start asking SFA and SPFL those hard questions now. I wish I could say ‘ah-ha’, but this was not a gotcha investigation; just a plain reading would have led anyone to this conclusion.

Oh, and btw, even without this clause, SFA cannot bar anyone from going to court. In a previous Patreon article, I described how European Competition law forbids this. You can read it here. I hope you do.

Now, that you are aware, don’t fall for the tricks and half-truths. Ann Budge and Jacqui Low are absolutely in the right here. It is time the governing body of Scottish football faces the consequence of how they conducted the initial vote to finish the season on PPG with only 75% of the season done.

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Is it possible we may never know the names of the 3 member panel? 

Not unless Ally McCoist asks “who are these people?”

niblick1874
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You've not missed anything but you'll get very long odds on it being public.

For me, this is something we should be shouting about from the highest hilltop. It is the one thing I think everyone would be in agreement with and if the SPFL say no we should be pointing out to everyone what that means. What do the supporters of the other teams want? Open or in the dark. I think the vast majority would want it open.   

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Private Eye aren’t in the habit of publishing uncorroborated quotes as they often have to defend themselves in court. 

shifty-mcgifty-private-eye.png

Cheers for this!

Like I said you couldn't make it up. Well anywhere else but in Scottish football

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

no disrespect meant, but I hope you are one of a handful of hearts fans there, they can ram the semi up their  erses!

E44434C4-6D64-440C-885F-F3FDC6B09180.jpeg

No offence taken. 

Won't be going to away grounds but will be there, chance of a sc final up for grabs, despite All this pish that's what it's all about. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

19 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Not unless Ally McCoist asks “who are these people?”

So what you are saying is yes we will long before AM shouts his gob off

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No offence. 

Won't be going to away grounds but will be there, chance of a sc final up for grans, despite All this pish that's what it's all about. 

Lost its glamour for me. 

Playing it out for the sake of it. A vote to end the season was a vote to end the season. 

Sham

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lost its glamour for me. 

Playing it out for the sake of it. A vote to end the season was a vote to end the season. 

Sham

It's a farce, agreed. 

But the sc is the sc. 

Beating hibs then celtic after all this..... 

:scenes:

I’ve left this thread since the CoS decision but i feel we haven't really won a single round of any note in this boxing match and going into round 12 i cant see us landing a knockout.

We have been saying this farce will get corrected since the initial vote and every single time we have lost either in vote or decision and i dont see this being any different.

This is an echo chamber of optimism of what SHOULD happen but not what WILL happen in my opinion.

There is nothing to suggest we have anyone over a barrel and unless we have uncovered some magical piece of evidence I cant see anything changing.

Doesnt mean its not a ****ing tragedy that we are here based on the farce of Scottish football.

I’ll be happy to get on with football albeit as part of the shitshow that is Scottish football.

Edited by Jamboelite

Fingers crossed arbitration goes well. Regarding the SFA charge, they maybe need to ask themselves why we felt it prudent to go to court. Arbitration wasn't at any point offered by the SFA, nor was any sort of public attempt by Maxwell or anyone at the SFA to try and diffuse the situation. Prior to the SFA writing to Ann to ask her to explain herself on going to court there doesn't seem to have been any acknowledgement that this would break the rules by them. Why? 

Considering had we not went to court first none of Lord Clarkes rulings would have been ordered (sharing of documents, panel of legal experts). The SFA have already 'consented' to the SPFLs position by awarding the Scottish Cup european place (correct?) so it stands to reason they would have loaded the panel to ensure their side wins. They aren't a neutral third party in this at all. Moreover, as has been pointed out Doncaster serves on both boards, Lawwells team directed benefited from the cause of this situation and Petrie ran Hibs for nearly 2 decades. Neutrality doesn't exist here at all and you're delusional if you think otherwise. 

I'm extremely pleased that we've managed to take the power out of the hands of the SFA regarding the arbitration panel. I was initially concerned that it would be 'football people', i.e stooges. But thanks to Lord Clarke and our legal team we've ensured that it will be heard on its legal merits by a panel of legal experts rather than mouth breathing west coast idiots with 'O' at the start of their names and season tickets at a certain ground to boot. 

It doesn't by any stretch mean victory, but it means its a possibility, rather than an impossibility. I'm confident of a fair hearing and the binding nature of the result should hopefully mean that if we are successful this ends now, and we're reinstated or awarded substantial compensation. I'd be interested in the SPFLs strategy, are they going to try and continue to insist that it is a football matter, or will they try and attack our points on a legal basis? Its a shame this will be conducted behind closed doors because this is something I think fans of Scottish football up and down the country need to hear, irrespective of if we're successful or not. 

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lost its glamour for me. 

Sham

I feel the same to be honest, if it was against anyone else I would give it a body swerve but I’m not so sure I could resist the joy of being there when we give the cretins another slapping.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I’ve left this thread since the CoS decision but i feel we haven't really won a single round of any note in this boxing match and going into round 12 i cant see us landing a knockout.

We have been saying this farce will get corrected since the initial vote and every single time we have lost either in vote or decision and i dont see this being any different.

This is an echo chamber of optimism of what SHOULD happen but not what WILL happen in my opinion.

There is nothing to suggest we have anyone over a barrel and unless we have uncovered some magical piece of evidence I cant see anything changing.

Doesnt mean its not a ****ing tragedy that we are here based on the farce of Scottish football.

I’ll be happy to get on with football albeit as part of the shitshow that is Scottish football.

This is exactly where I’m at

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Fingers crossed arbitration goes well. Regarding the SFA charge, they maybe need to ask themselves why we felt it prudent to go to court. Arbitration wasn't at any point offered by the SFA, nor was any sort of public attempt by Maxwell or anyone at the SFA to try and diffuse the situation. Prior to the SFA writing to Ann to ask her to explain herself on going to court there doesn't seem to have been any acknowledgement that this would break the rules by them. Why? 

Considering had we not went to court first none of Lord Clarkes rulings would have been ordered (sharing of documents, panel of legal experts). The SFA have already 'consented' to the SPFLs position by awarding the Scottish Cup european place (correct?) so it stands to reason they would have loaded the panel to ensure their side wins. They aren't a neutral third party in this at all. Moreover, as has been pointed out Doncaster serves on both boards, Lawwells team directed benefited from the cause of this situation and Petrie ran Hibs for nearly 2 decades. Neutrality doesn't exist here at all and you're delusional if you think otherwise. 

I'm extremely pleased that we've managed to take the power out of the hands of the SFA regarding the arbitration panel. I was initially concerned that it would be 'football people', i.e stooges. But thanks to Lord Clarke and our legal team we've ensured that it will be heard on its legal merits by a panel of legal experts rather than mouth breathing west coast idiots with 'O' at the start of their names and season tickets at a certain ground to boot. 

It doesn't by any stretch mean victory, but it means its a possibility, rather than an impossibility. I'm confident of a fair hearing and the binding nature of the result should hopefully mean that if we are successful this ends now, and we're reinstated or awarded substantial compensation. I'd be interested in the SPFLs strategy, are they going to try and continue to insist that it is a football matter, or will they try and attack our points on a legal basis? Its a shame this will be conducted behind closed doors because this is something I think fans of Scottish football up and down the country need to hear, irrespective of if we're successful or not. 

The reason we have been charged is because we got Lord Clark to take it out of the hands of football arbitrators and into the hands of legal ones.

Let's be clear here. Initially we have challenged along with Partick Thistle or wrongful expulsions from our respective leagues. 

Due to the skullduggery of both the SPFL board and now the SFA, we are challenging the governance of Scottish football. 

Only the very stupid or ignorant cant see that the Scottish game is rotten to the core, but we along with Partick have upset the applecart, and put the cat amongst the pigeons. Bare in mind that the only club being attacked by the beaks and 95% of the mainstream media is Heart of Midlothian. Partick Thistle get mentions in passing.

Why? Because a strong Heart of Midlothian scares them and that goes all the way back to the championship winning season of 57-58.

No Celtic or Sevco team have come close to scoring 132 goals with 29 against in a 34 games league season and skooshing the league by 13pts in the days of 2pts for a win.

Funny how in the rest of the UK and Ireland that all governing bodies are headquartered in their capital cities, but not in Scotland. Along with their national stadiums too. That tells you everything about Scotland.

Hungry hippo
38 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but this will be the first time anyone other than the other clubs have made a decision so the previous setbacks are very different to arbitration. The judge only ruled on who should make the decision.

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Look what we're up against though. The fact the SPFL is working so hard to make this about us vs Scottish football and that they've delayed things so long suggests to me they're not confident, not to mention doing everything they can to avoid public scrutiny or even letting us see documents. The fact D Utd, Raith and Cove are paying lawyer fees they can't afford to be part of a legal fight they don't need to join suggests they're not confident about the SPFL's case either.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Very interesting!

AAC4CFD7-3EEA-4A7C-BE17-AA6441742AF7.jpeg

That's exactly what happened. if I am reading it right.  It's a strange one that they have issued a complaint.  Maybe it's a tactical plan to upset the arbitration.  The exception was it wasn't a football dispute, so I am not sure if there is another rule that counters that to get them complaining we're wrong :) 

Edited by HMFC01

JamboAl1965
51 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

winning doesn't matter to me as much as being on the right side of the argument and not rolling over to these corrupt idiots

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That's exactly what happened. if I am reading it right.  It's a strange one that they have issued a complaint.  Maybe it's a tactical plan to upset the arbitration.  The exception was it wasn't a football dispute, so I am not sure if there is another rule that counters that to get them complaining we're wrong :) 

Seems exactly that. Could also be that the SFA don't know their own rule book. 

Reply should be pointing them to 99.15 and rejecting the complaint. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we win this, big party on the plaza to celebrate? 🤔 

We should book the Gorgie Suite. 🤓

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

I’d disagree that we haven’t won a round. The judge may have made us go to arbitration under the SFA, but we get an independent panel of legal people and the SPFL were ordered to release all of the documents. Those were significant wins. No, there is no guarantee we will win overall, but I’m convinced it was the right thing to do.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Look what we're up against though. The fact the SPFL is working so hard to make this about us vs Scottish football and that they've delayed things so long suggests to me they're not confident, not to mention doing everything they can to avoid public scrutiny or even letting us see documents. The fact D Utd, Raith and Cove are paying lawyer fees they can't afford to be part of a legal fight they don't need to join suggests they're not confident about the SPFL's case either.

This , I can’t say we will win as who knows not even someone in law could even say at the moment ,but imo if the spfl where 100.% confident that they have done everything by the book and there is nothing to hide would they be trying to avoid a public hearing , and as you said having a delay! I know zilch about the law but something always smells to me when a party wants to hide important facts when it’s relevant to whatever situation/case/ even in a discussion , Na they have something that will show what they really are dirty low flea infested gangsters Imo of course .

i better sit down and have a beer I’m getting angry again 🤦‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ah but remember keeptheheid, nobody is ill nobody dieing barely anyone anywhere in Scotland has it but keeptheheid and lose your job your house your whole way of life. 

So no celebration. 

Keeptheheid 

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We should book the Gorgie Suite. 🤓

It won’t be big enough and they don’t have a 24 hour license.

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oh aye, we can do that now! 😱🤦🏻

Call it a demonstration, as many people as you want😉

Just now, obua said:

It won’t be big enough and they don’t have a 24 hour license.

Can rules not be changed 😂😂bar open 24 7🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The reason we have been charged is because we got Lord Clark to take it out of the hands of football arbitrators and into the hands of legal ones.

Let's be clear here. Initially we have challenged along with Partick Thistle or wrongful expulsions from our respective leagues. 

Due to the skullduggery of both the SPFL board and now the SFA, we are challenging the governance of Scottish football. 

Only the very stupid or ignorant cant see that the Scottish game is rotten to the core, but we along with Partick have upset the applecart, and put the cat amongst the pigeons. Bare in mind that the only club being attacked by the beaks and 95% of the mainstream media is Heart of Midlothian. Partick Thistle get mentions in passing.

Why? Because a strong Heart of Midlothian scares them and that goes all the way back to the championship winning season of 57-58.

No Celtic or Sevco team have come close to scoring 132 goals with 29 against in a 34 games league season and skooshing the league by 13pts in the days of 2pts for a win.

Funny how in the rest of the UK and Ireland that all governing bodies are headquartered in their capital cities, but not in Scotland. Along with their national stadiums too. That tells you everything about Scotland.

Honestly, I believe we have so much unrealised potential as a club stemming back to decades of mismanagement. Budge getting the new stand sorted is a big first step and I hope when she steps down someone like James Anderson will step up to help us realise our potential. We're sitting in a city of nearly half a million (predicted to expand even further) in a stadium of 20,000. If the club can show a bit of ambition and give Edinburgh a club to really back then I think we could grow massively in the next 20 years. The Fringe for example is an absolute gift for marketing the club to tourists but how well have we really utilised this?

The foundation is such an important tool in marketing the club because Hearts are very much Edinburgh/Midlothian's club in the sense of ownership now and finding a way of communicating that to kids who would otherwise follow the old firm or just English football is so important. Are there not stats about season ticket holders that 40% of them are from outwith an EH post code or something (believe its been mentioned before on here, Foundation may have quoted it at one point)? So it seems there needs to be more effort put into tapping into such a large population  Its food for thought anyway. 

Its a fight I'm proud Ann has taken up. She's cut from a different cloth to those Scottish football are used to. Doing the unpopular like challenging the OF sectarianism/misbehaviour but also our own on that, it takes character. I don't think how rotten Scottish football actually is sits well with Budge and she's been handed a golden opportunity to try to hold them genuinely accountable for their actions. I'm glad she's done it and I don't think she's for turning with their weak attempts at intimidation.  Win or lose, its a fight worth seeing through. 

Good post. 

Edited by OTT

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )