SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Kenny MacIntyre has said he tried to get a chairman on and none would speak also that one chairman has told him that they have to give witness testimony.

Interesting.  

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Re this closed door arbitration . Would a freedom of information request be successful as it’s in the interests of footballing integrity that the hearing is made public albeit after the proceedings.

FOI only applies to public bodies or information shared with public bodies. Given this is under SFA remit, not be applicable. 

Hearts Daft

If we don't win arbitration, I sincerely hope that the Scottish Government keeps all grounds closed to fans until late October when we would be starting in the lower league. 

Hopefully, some of the clubs that have done the dirty on us by refusing reconstruction, on the basis for no other reason than self interest, go bust and the SPFL come with cap in hand inviting us back!!

Fairs fair, what goes round hopefully come around.

Hopefully, the players who let us down last season use this debacle as motivation this coming season, whatever league we are in.

3 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Apart from the decision what information is actually for public consumption?                     Tried to research this but drew a blank 

I would say the phone calls around Good Friday. If they are indeed dodgy them there’s a few that need to consider there positions one being Doncaster. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

FOI only applies to public bodies or information shared with public bodies. Given this is under SFA remit, not be applicable. 

ah I wasn’t aware of that restriction. 

Rogue Daddy

Tom English (at the start of the podcast) states that chairmen falling out, one trying to sue (or words to that effect - can’t remember exactly what he said) and another trying to block another joining the board. 
All getting juicy!

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Sue (not expel- apologies)... still bad!

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Kenny MacIntyre has said he tried to get a chairman on and none would speak also that one chairman has told him that they have to give witness testimony.

I think they’ll all be running very scared of making any public comment on this now. Some of the buffoons who have already put in their tuppence worth might well live to regret shooting from the lip when they find themselves being grilled on their statements. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But if you look at the bigger picture, the fact that you have club owners who want Brora kept out because it’s quite far away tells you that Scottish football is generally occupied by dunces 

I don't think it's so much that they wanted Brora kept out because of travel costs etc, but the fact they were happy to state it publicly that makes them dunces. They just didn't realise how pathetic that makes them look, and no one but a dunce would make that mistake.

colinmaroon

On the subject of getting back to training, some questions.

I understand that we're not allowed to train?  

Is this strictly true?   Have Hearts accepted that for obvious reasons if we do remain in the Championship but with serious implications if we are reinstated?

If we are excluded, "Why?"  Are we not an elite club and, if that description is as narrow as to describe only those in the Premiership, which is a joke, I wonder what the response would have been if Rangers had been excluded from training before they got back to the Premiership in a similar situation?

Basically, who decides we are an elite club? The Scottish Government or, Doncaster and the SPFL Board?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Steve said:

Just watching that weasel Doncaster on the SSN clip - nothing boils my blood more than watching him slime his way out of every question!

It's completely disingenuous to keep saying "the clubs voted to end the season" - what happened was a gun was held to their head, with a LIE that the only way to save clubs and release money was to call the season.

He says "clubs voted to end the season", like that was an isolated decision - as I say it's completely disingenuous to position it as such!

As we all know, and Doncaster does too, they all voted to receive the TV payments early, and Hearts etc were just collateral damage.

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There is also money owed to Ladbrokes and other sponsors.

The SPFL are now left giving away packages to compensate for their incompetence.  While it might mean less money paid back, it also means less money coming into the game. The SPFL paid executives are employed to sell the Scottish league game and generate income for the clubs. They have failed hopelessly. Even the much heralded record breaking Sky deal is less than what some other comparable countries leagues get. We don’t even have a league sponsor FFS!!

Why the 42 clubs don’t put the SPFL under more scrutiny in beyond me. Between the Chairman and the CEO they are taking somewhere in the region of 600k a year in salary alone.

The bit in bold: no doubt the SPFL will blame big bad Hearts for bringing the game to court as reason they don't have a sponsor 🙄.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Did Dominic Cummings and Doncaster go to the same school in Beijing?

More likely Moscow (in Cummings' case certainly).

Ethan Hunt
32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That right?

Kenny McIntyre with his same anti Hearts agenda. Chris McLaughlin with his same SPFL apologist agenda. Tom English being fair to both sides whilst pointing the finger at the SPFL as being responsible. Brandon Malone taking 5 seconds before giving an technically incorrect answer about if the clubs were lied to could this be a criminal matter. The reason for Brandon’s long pause was because, as he well knew, depending on what form any ‘lie’ takes, who was involved in it, what it set out to achieve, what the outcome of it was, and where the ‘lie’ was repeated any ‘lie’ could well amount to a criminal matter. In addition, contrary to Brandon’s statement, two parties do not necessarily end up in dispute because one of the sides lied. 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos, makes it easier. 

ICT? 

Has it been confirmed beyond doubt that they didn't want shortened championship of 27 games and if they voted for reconstruction on last vote? Had it mind somewhere that they supported the reduced campaign and if so, then they are on list.

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Is this strictly true?   Have Hearts accepted that for obvious reasons if we do remain in the Championship but with serious implications if we are reinstated?

If we are excluded, "Why?"  Are we not an elite club and, if that description is as narrow as to describe only those in the Premiership, which is a joke, I wonder what the response would have been if Rangers had been excluded from training before they got back to the Premiership in a similar situation?

Basically, who decides we are an elite club? The Scottish Government or, Doncaster and the SPFL Board?

I get the impression that it's only the Premiership clubs that have requested via the Scottish Government to train etc It's not in our interests to resume training and take people off furlough at this stage - and even less so for the other clubs.

Hagar the Horrible

Dunn-day Dilemma

I will come to Raith on another post. But concentrating on Dundee Utd for a moment.  It’s clear they still want to put up a fight, but Raith have out-ed them as to the affordability of this.  The Borefest QC has cost them a lot for a failed case which will be taken into full account they know their case will be futile in Arbitration.  But I think that they truly believed that they had a case and they would win.  And that at worst Arbitration would be walk-over. They did not expect that the documentation emails etc would be ordered to be made available. And that has diluted a lost cause even more.  They clearly did not believe as we all did that it is NOT decided by the SFA? Its came as a humongous shock that this will cost a six digit sum.  They were going to give up over the weekend?  Somehow their legal team explained to them that by not fighting they will lose their place in the SPFL.  And probably by the SPFL giving them more promises that cannot be fulfilled? 

So their dilemma is they have spent more than they can afford to win promotion?  They have used their last buttons from the Robbie deal to pay for Mellon.  But in a last minute of defiance they want all other clubs to fund their legal costs.  Are they that thick not to realise that Doncaster is using them as a sacrificial pawn in all of this?  Without DU the SPFL case is dead, with it the SPFL case has some pulse but they know DU will not win any quarter that the CoS has already ruled upon.

Their begging bowl statement coupled with the compensation, just beggars belief and the media should hound them to within an inch of their lives over this repugnant call to arms, Worse still is the SPFL probably came up with the idea

Now DU have so far NOT set up crowd funding, and the Arbitration process has stated, This gives them only about 2 weeks to find their  share of £300k for legal fees, and even more if we are only granted compensation.  Doncaster is playing them for mugs, Borefest should be advising them not to continue.  They cant go it alone, and RR and CV cant go it at all.

The last point I will make before moving onto Raith in another post. Is the cruelty factor, we were goaded by the fixture list, DU will feel worse if they are omitted it will be Jim Bowen going super smashing great here is what you could have won? 

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Quick recap as to where we are at, what we know, and what we can surmise from the histrionics.  Today will bring some further unexpected turns and twists no doubt.

Friday after three days of Borefest QC dragging this out, time was called at 1pm,  LC went for his shite to deliberate on how to inform the parties of the outcome. By 2pm we scored a 30 yard screamer into the top corner, DU had their case thrown out. But in the dying moments the SPFL managed to get a last minute equaliser, we were going to arbitration. But deep into injury time we grabbed the winner.  The result felt like a loss, all doom and gloom.  Only by 3pm on reviewing VAR and the written report the result was not that bad as the Judge ordered all documentation to be made available, but the media went into overdrive on that away goal will count double and we won’t get a result at the Nou Calpol!

The weekend, BBC reporting we can whistle now for compo, like us after a huge wobble, the realisation of what had happened came into full play!  The SPFL and C3(Calpol 3) had actually only changed the arena for battle, we wanted to remain in the Jungle, they wanted Desert, only to discover we sent in the Desert Rats and all they had left was the Navy?  The C3 were giving up as the court costs left them without any re-enforcements and ammo, but the SPFL pleading with them to fight on, For the C3 this is now a suicide mission, we have tanks they are sitting in an inflatable dingy!

Monday: this should have been a day of rest but the SPFL went into antagonise mode by publishing the fixtures, to rub our noses in it.  Doncaster went into the Sky Studio playing three blind mice badly on his fiddle while Rome was burning. As an act of defiance DU came out with an ill-judged  JOINT statement claiming the moral high ground and to ask for help by all by reiterating the call to arms by Doncaster to gain the assistance of all other members, once again our own board have acted in bad faith against us.  Now this joint statement was NOT released simultaneously indeed it was full hour for Cove to copy and Paste it, but changed one sentence to give weight to flawed argument that they won the league at a canter.  RR waited 2 full hours before releasing the same statement but with one line omitted as that would have been even more embarrassing?

Later on Monday the SFA confirmed that the Arbitration game has started will all competitors be ready?  Only RR started running about the battlefield in shell shock, they don’t know if it’s New York or New Year.  It would be kinder just to take out the service revolver and go for a walk in the woods.  They decided that it would be wrong to ask fans to finance this as it came to a total shock to them that court cases and QC’s cost money.  Worse still the C3 and the SPFL thought that Arbitration would be concluded by Doncaster and a couple of buddies and would not only be done and fitted up.  But there would be zero cost.  The Horrors of war have kicked in.  RR have realised that the cost of this Arbitrary war is going to cost the 5x that of the CoS and will be 10x if they have to pay our legal expenses too  £300k in total!  And worse even if they win the promotion battle they could still lose the war by having to pay their share up to £10m in compensation, plus legal fees.

Dundee Utd concluded their extraordinary day by after trying to get their shitty picture pinned on the Fridge, in  the worst case of desperation ever by getting the begging bowl out, proudly announced without any hint of irony, that they paid compensation for a manager from a club that was shafted by their league too.  Finally the day ended with RR pretty much conceding defeat and reluctant acceptance that NOT being promoted might be the cheapest option.

Today:  Motherwell have pulled their guy from the board? And well one would hope the C3 throw in the towel and go for a dignified surrender, live to fight another day.  What will this achieve?  Well it will expose the true intensions of the SPFL to shaft us at everybody else’s expense.   I would hope that a significant number of clubs will tell them to re-instate us as they won’t be happy settling for compensation. But we went from Friday being oot ra geme   Oh and just in case we get max compensation each club will have to fork out £250k each.  The CoS costs has nearly crippled RR.

I will re-iterate this point.  IT WAS A TOTAL SURPRISE that this has a cost to it, they fought hard over Article 99  without reading it all.  They have brought all of this unto thee an thine own door!

Brilliant post Hagar.  Keep them coming

35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

How Mclaughlin ever got to that position is staggering - ugly specky bore - just the credentials for a top sports reporter 

I just picture him (and quite a few others) as starting out in the 70's doing basic match reports which is his journalistic level, never been able to keep up with the change in reporting the in's and outs of the footballing world

5 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

The bit in bold: no doubt the SPFL will blame big bad Hearts for bringing the game to court as reason they don't have a sponsor 🙄.

It's incredible that they can't get a sponsor interested when the game is talked about endlessly every day online and in the Scottish press, there are shows on BBC, Sky, and BT showing live games, results shows, highlights, talking points of the week etc, etc broadcast to the whole of the UK. And yet both the SPFL and SFA have managed to talk the game down to such an extent that no credible sponsor thinks that there is any benefit to having their name associated with it. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I get the impression that it's only the Premiership clubs that have requested via the Scottish Government to train etc It's not in our interests to resume training and take people off furlough at this stage - and even less so for the other clubs.

That's what I was thinking. Hearts may well feel that to bring the players back from furlough would not only lead to unnecessary increased wage costs if we don't get reinstated, it would also lead to a very long, and very boring for the players, pre-season.

Ethan Hunt
9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

On the podcast - why does Kenny McIntyre always sound like he's in the bog?

He sits on the bog as it saves him pishing his pants every time he gets irate at the chaos and damage Hearts and Partick Thistle are causing to Scottish football.

Fareastjambo

Hagar, that’s the best post I’ve read for a long time!  Made me laugh in parts despite the tragedy of the whole sordid affair 😂. Keep it up!

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

It's incredible that they can't get a sponsor interested when the game is talked about endlessly every day online and in the Scottish press, there are shows on BBC, Sky, and BT showing live games, results shows, highlights, talking points of the week etc, etc broadcast to the whole of the UK. And yet both the SPFL and SFA have managed to talk the game down to such an extent that no credible sponsor thinks that there is any benefit to having their name associated with it. 

Fantastic 

Scottish Football in a nutshell 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

He sits on the bog as it saves him pishing his pants every time he gets irate at the chaos and damage Hearts and Partick Thistle are causing to Scottish football.

😁

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Dunn-day Dilemma

I will come to Raith on another post. But concentrating on Dundee Utd for a moment.  It’s clear they still want to put up a fight, but Raith have out-ed them as to the affordability of this.  The Borefest QC has cost them a lot for a failed case which will be taken into full account they know their case will be futile in Arbitration.  But I think that they truly believed that they had a case and they would win.  And that at worst Arbitration would be walk-over. They did not expect that the documentation emails etc would be ordered to be made available. And that has diluted a lost cause even more.  They clearly did not believe as we all did that it is NOT decided by the SFA? Its came as a humongous shock that this will cost a six digit sum.  They were going to give up over the weekend?  Somehow their legal team explained to them that by not fighting they will lose their place in the SPFL.  And probably by the SPFL giving them more promises that cannot be fulfilled? 

So their dilemma is they have spent more than they can afford to win promotion?  They have used their last buttons from the Robbie deal to pay for Mellon.  But in a last minute of defiance they want all other clubs to fund their legal costs.  Are they that thick not to realise that Doncaster is using them as a sacrificial pawn in all of this?  Without DU the SPFL case is dead, with it the SPFL case has some pulse but they know DU will not win any quarter that the CoS has already ruled upon.

Their begging bowl statement coupled with the compensation, just beggars belief and the media should hound them to within an inch of their lives over this repugnant call to arms, Worse still is the SPFL probably came up with the idea

Now DU have so far NOT set up crowd funding, and the Arbitration process has stated, This gives them only about 2 weeks to find their  share of £300k for legal fees, and even more if we are only granted compensation.  Doncaster is playing them for mugs, Borefest should be advising them not to continue.  They cant go it alone, and RR and CV cant go it at all.

The last point I will make before moving onto Raith in another post. Is the cruelty factor, we were goaded by the fixture list, DU will feel worse if they are omitted it will be Jim Bowen going super smashing great here is what you could have won? 

Even if these clubs set up crowd funding there is absolutely no chance they will get the money they need to cover legal fees. The fans will put money into their own clubs. Not these 3. 

As for asking other clubs for money.. Who is going to give them a handout? The biggest clubs in the land are us, Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers. Hibs and Aberdeen are clearly skint. Rangers are loving this and Celtic best hold onto their pennies for upcoming sexual abuse cases. Not to mention their ridiculous wage bill and no souls inside Parkhead for at least the next 2 months. 

In short, they aren't getting the money so it's us against the SPFL. I'm more confident than I was at 3pm on Friday anyway. 

38 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That Chair also told him that if Hearts & Thistle win compensation that it would have very severe consequences for his club. 

:jjyay:

56 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Well said apart from Tom English nobody in the media ever challenges the 81% vote when the SPFL mention it.

It is to Inverness tremendous credit that they voted against the resolution despite them being due to receive £200k straight away if they voted for the motion.

Inverness probably didn't get as much as that, the payments are made over the season. The final payment would be a fraction of that.

I'm not having a go at Inverness, they are beyond reproach in all this.

Edit: Christ, I've just typed that and now think I'm wrong and that is the amount they got 

Double edit: yes, apologies from me. £330k apparently.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-to-receive-share-of-1-8-million-from-end-of-season-payouts-197045/

Edited by graygo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No, I don’t get this either. We’re one of the biggest clubs in the country with all the facilities to train safely but we’re not allowed? Dicks

43 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That right?

This causes me great concern as our case is pretty much based on these aspects. This Brandon Malone is the main man in terms of Scottish arbitration so very concerning hearing that. Also listening to him gives me the impression that we will very much be up against it. Just my view of course.

Edited by JI TEES

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JI TEES said:

This causes me great concern as our case is pretty much based on these aspects. This Brandon Malone is the main man in terms of SFA arbitration so very concerning hearing that. Also listening to him gives me the impression that we will very much be up against it. Just my view of course.

We will be up against it. It’s the establishment at the end of the day.

Footballfirst

While I'm pleased to see all the optimism and positivity about the outcome of the arbitration hearing, I still remain very cautious. The panel will reach their decision on the lawfulness or otherwise of what has happened.

I fear that there will be a number of irregularities or poor practices identified, but that the panel will find that the letter of the law has not been broken (nor SPF's AoA or Rules), therefore the status quo will be maintained, with the costs to be borne by Hearts & PT.

So I remain in the "fear the worst" camp, but "hoping for the best"

will-i-am-a-jambo
10 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Yeah exactly, you would think a guy (Neil Doncaster) getting paid £388k a year would be able to find one wouldn't you?! After all he's supposed to be a 'servant' to the clubs as he forever keeps reminding us - well f@@@@@g serve something you smug, arrogant prick!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

When can professional sport resume?

From Monday 22 June, elite football, rugby and racing can resume behind closed doors with suitable health protection measures in place.

This completely contradicts what Doncaster said yesterday about how it would have been impossible to finish the league as teams are just starting to train now.

We could have finished the league as other countries are doing. All the SPFL had to have done was proceed on the assumption we would play to a finish, keep in touch with the government, and get all the health protocols in place to hit the ground running as soon as the go ahead is given - which was June 22.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

While I'm pleased to see all the optimism and positivity about the outcome of the arbitration hearing, I still remain very cautious. The panel will reach their decision on the lawfulness or otherwise of what has happened.

I fear that there will be a number of irregularities or poor practices identified, but that the panel will find that the letter of the law has not been broken (nor SPF's AoA or Rules), therefore the status quo will be maintained, with the costs to be borne by Hearts & PT.

What ever will be, will be. 👍

HMFC have obviously budgeted for the worst case scenario. If that’s what happens, it happens.

We go again. We had to fight this however, we had no choice in my eyes.

31 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I assume they just want to try to have a level playing field in terms of teams preparedness for 17 October. Can't see any other real reason tbh

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Has it been confirmed beyond doubt that they didn't want shortened championship of 27 games and if they voted for reconstruction on last vote? Had it mind somewhere that they supported the reduced campaign and if so, then they are on list.

😂😂👍

colinmaroon
Just now, Poseidon said:

I assume they just want to try to have a level playing field in terms of teams preparedness for 17 October. Can't see any other real reason tbh

What if we get reinstated?   

26 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Scottish Football's Joint Response Group  presented a plan for the resumption of the professional game to Joe FitzPatrick, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing, in May. That plan only called for top league teams to be allowed to train.

Further information on their plan can be found at https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/jrg-presents-its-return-to-football-strategy-to-scottish-government/.

The permanent membership of the Joint Response Group was formed with four permanent members:
Rod Petrie - Scottish FA President

Ian Maxwell - Scottish FA Chief Executive

Neil Doncaster - SPFL Chief Executive

Dr John MacLean - Scottish FA Chief Medical Consultant.

So the man in charge of the organisation we took to court, and the former chairman of our rivals got to recommend to the Scottish Government that we couldn't train.

niblick1874
4 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The bit in bold is incorrect, Dundee got two votes.

Well played. 

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

When is the Scottish Cup pencilled one for? Genuine question.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Even if these clubs set up crowd funding there is absolutely no chance they will get the money they need to cover legal fees. The fans will put money into their own clubs. Not these 3. 

As for asking other clubs for money.. Who is going to give them a handout? The biggest clubs in the land are us, Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers. Hibs and Aberdeen are clearly skint. Rangers are loving this and Celtic best hold onto their pennies for upcoming sexual abuse cases. Not to mention their ridiculous wage bill and no souls inside Parkhead for at least the next 2 months. 

In short, they aren't getting the money so it's us against the SPFL. I'm more confident than I was at 3pm on Friday anyway. 

They won't be getting a penny from any other club for the simple reason that it would be a breach of SPFL rules for clubs to do so. In fact, there is a good argument that even asking other clubs for money to stay in the arbitration process is a breach of SPFL rules by Dundee United.

50 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That right?

"Perceived fairness"

Is that not the exact phrase used by Doncaster?

More dirty tricks from the axis of evil.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Fair enough.

‘This arbitration won’t really have any time for morality or perceived fairness’

Is this actually true? Seems a shame for a process called arbitration, dealing with a case of unfair prejudice.

1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Yeah exactly, you would think a guy (Neil Doncaster) getting paid £388k a year would be able to find one wouldn't you?! After all he's supposed to be a 'servant' to the clubs as he forever keeps reminding us - well f@@@@@g serve something you smug, arrogant prick!

Any ounce of marketing skills and he would have promoted reconstruction as a fresh, exciting, brave, whatever adjective you want new structure and got loads of positive air time explaining how it all works and how we will emerge from lockdown as a stronger league blah, blah. Sky Sports News would have had the story on an hourly loop for weeks with some companies logo splashed all over it. Instead it's Scottish football embroiled in court action and who will be the first team to go bust and teams begging for money to fight other teams. Nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What if we get reinstated?   

its not going to happen but in that extremely unlikely event I assume we would get into training as soon as reinstated and out first league game would be scheduled c. start September or thereabouts

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Oh dear, Dean is a bit upset.

Clown.

44B6E6F3-659A-4EE8-B36F-91F42FF2E233.jpeg

Is that the wee ***** that plays for Cowdenbeath? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )