SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, Interested Bystander said:

If you insist. Just wondering, given you finished the season 16 points behind Livi, if you hope to get ahead of Ayr and Dunfermline, or even Dundee and Caley in the forthcoming Championship season?

So...you’re hibs?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine being a Dundee utd fan right now.... 

Promoted by a vote, won nothing. 

That deciding vote was from your city rivals. 

You vote against reconstruction to help relegated teams, one of which you were voted to replace in the first place. 

You then get told you need to defend your position in court 

*****YOU DO THAT AND WIN*****, get arbitration that you wanted. 

After winning you realise you can't afford the defence you asked for in the first place. 

You then beg fans and other clubs to assist you defend yourself against somthing that you brought on yourself. 

What a ****ing riddy of a club. 

They didn't win

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:
So how do you square the insulting nature of the above post with the one you posted earlier shown below? Is this a response to the points you would 'happily consider' or just a manifestation of the true purpose of your sojourn here?

Why, it's almost like you are two different posters, with one post almost ranging from conciliatory to condescending, while the other is a poor attempt at mickey taking. One of you gone for lunch now? 

2 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

There’s an interesting level of debate on JKB. Thank you to the individuals who happily raised points that I should consider rather than supplying personal insults. Not in any way taking the moral high ground, but as soon as anyone resorts to mindless insults, you know there’s no depth to the argument.

Correctly, these are my opinions. You can feel free to disagree with me, and that’s okay. Personal insults are not.

Oops, got the interlopers a bit mixed up there. Just highlights, though, how they both appeared here with a similar agenda.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I don’t believe a lot of clubs think they done the correct thing - they would probably admit they voted in self interest.

I hope reasoning behind votes is made available for the those adjudicating the arbitration. Was one the reasons ‘not Brora is too long a drive’? Sure I heard that somewhere.

We should have a 3 man independently elected board who have no ties to any clubs. What they says goes. 

But if you look at the bigger picture, the fact that you have club owners who want Brora kept out because it’s quite far away tells you that Scottish football is generally occupied by dunces 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Oops, got the interlopers a bit mixed up there. Just highlights, though, how they both appeared here with a similar agenda.

You assume that the interlopers aren’t one and the same.

24 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

The inconsistencies and attitudes towards Hearts from many clubs, supporters and members of the media has been clear since the start of this.

1) Hearts act quickly and decisively to ask players to take pay cuts in order to sustain the club and we are absolutely slated for it. Hibs and Aberdeen fob everyone off with 'deferrals' yet at a later date say they need to make cuts...not a peep from these same people. I think I'm right in saying Rangers players have either taken cuts or deferrals yet they spent considerable money on Hagi...any mention of this? 

2) On wage cuts we heard from the players union regularly and good old Fraser Wishart was wheeled out for his opinion...anyone heard from him regarding cuts at other clubs...?

3) "HEARTS DESERVE TAE GO DOON" is all we hear from opposition fans. Let them have their argument and then say to them "what about Partick Thistle?"...suddenly their argument disappears. "Aye but youz were goin doon anyway" suddenly doesn't apply to them. 

4) Budge was again slated for bringing a mystery benefactor to the table. She was also told by the SPFL that she had to "prepare a paper" on it. When said benefactor pumps millions of pounds of his own money in to Scottish Football, not so much as an apology to Budge. Of course all these clubs took the money as well. 

5) Hearts paying compensation for Neilson and were slated because of us taking wage cuts etc. I'm awaiting this attitude towards Dundee United, particularly whist they are literally begging rival clubs and fans for donations. 

6) When this shambles was all announced, anyone on social media would have noticed the tsunami of hatred towards our club and the level of pleasure people were taking. No consideration of people potentially losing their jobs and livelihoods particularly when you change the narrative again and mention Partick Thistle. However now that clubs are struggling financially, people are concerned and of course it our fault. 

From the start we have been painted out as the bad guys in all this and that will continue. Every argument is based on Hearts and what we "deserve". Nobody brings up Partick and what they "deserve". Nobody brings up Stranraer or even Kelty or Brora. "Youz were bottom and deserved tae go doon"...well what about Brechin?

As Tom English - who has been excellent throughout this - has said, if you punch someone in the face then you shouldn't be surprised to get whacked back. 

what a tremendous summing up. Brilliant stuff

Brave Hearts
2 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

There’s an interesting level of debate on JKB. Thank you to the individuals who happily raised points that I should consider rather than supplying personal insults. Not in any way taking the moral high ground, but as soon as anyone resorts to mindless insults, you know there’s no depth to the argument.

With regards to my supporting of Bonnyrigg Rose, why is it so inconceivable that I don’t also have a “big team”? As was correctly pointed out, we too have had issues with regulations in recent history, and I was similarly displeased with those circumstances too. I’m not a hypocrite for my viewpoint on the situation in which Hearts, and to a greater extent Partick Thistle, find themselves in. The simple difference is that Bonnyrigg Rose did not seek to pursue actions that they knew would have the potential to destroy other community clubs and livelihoods. If anyone wants a socially distanced debate about it, I’m more than happy to so. 

Consider the point of reconstruction. Could the potential indeed be that the motion was voted against because Ann Budge’s proposals were unworkable? The temporary nature of them and the lack of promotion/relegation was a key feature against which many clubs were openly critical. Ann Budge may want to also consider the impact of her previous statement that there are too many senior clubs in Scotland, noting that there should probably be only about half of the current figure. The attitude of entitlement is, to me and many, many others, is clear.

In the SPFL, each member club gets one vote. That’s how democracy works. Albion Rovers vote is worth just as much as one from Hearts. If anyone doesn’t understand this point, it may be useful to consider reading up about it.

It suits the agenda of Hearts and Ann Budge to continue the belief that everyone is against them. “Big Bad Hearts” are getting voted out of the league. Fundamentally, they’re not. Clubs voted to support their own circumstances, not out of spite. That’s not how business works. It is business people who were making these decisions.

I do not believe there is any smoking gun to be revealed. The question of Neil Doncaster suggesting Aberdeen no longer needed to vote is a red herring, as the top flight club vote threshold had already been reached. The release of documents is not going to offer Hearts anything that they don’t already know. 

Correctly, these are my opinions. You can feel free to disagree with me, and that’s okay. Personal insults are not.

you have only responded to one of the points I asked you to consider, namely, the Aberdeen change of vote.

what about addressing all of my other options, especially the 16:48 dundee vote that would have meant the resolution failed ?

or are you just conveniently ignoring my other points as they do not fit in with your opinions ?

Just watching that weasel Doncaster on the SSN clip - nothing boils my blood more than watching him slime his way out of every question!

It's completely disingenuous to keep saying "the clubs voted to end the season" - what happened was a gun was held to their head, with a LIE that the only way to save clubs and release money was to call the season.

He says "clubs voted to end the season", like that was an isolated decision - as I say it's completely disingenuous to position it as such!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But if you look at the bigger picture, the fact that you have club owners who want Brora kept out because it’s quite far away tells you that Scottish football is generally occupied by dunces 

Tbf, its not only more travel, they'd need to eat as well!

The costs.... Think of the costs. 

Just think that these clubs shape our game for the future as well. 

Makes me conclude Scottish football is actually in a worse place than I imagined. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine being a Dundee utd fan right now.... 

Promoted by a vote, won nothing. 

That deciding vote was from your city rivals. 

You vote against reconstruction to help relegated teams, one of which you were voted to replace in the first place. 

You then get told you need to defend your position in court 

You do that and get beat. 

After that you realise you can't afford to defend yourself further. 

You then beg fans and other clubs to assist you defend yourself against somthing that you brought on yourself. 

What a ****ing riddy of a club. 

yep. An absolutely embarrassing sequence finished by them dropping their kegs bending over and begging for money from others.
no shame

So we have a start date for the arbitration to start ,and what dates did lord clark set aside in case it needed to go back to the cos ? 

Gordon Ramsay
27 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

The inconsistencies and attitudes towards Hearts from many clubs, supporters and members of the media has been clear since the start of this.

1) Hearts act quickly and decisively to ask players to take pay cuts in order to sustain the club and we are absolutely slated for it. Hibs and Aberdeen fob everyone off with 'deferrals' yet at a later date say they need to make cuts...not a peep from these same people. I think I'm right in saying Rangers players have either taken cuts or deferrals yet they spent considerable money on Hagi...any mention of this? 

2) On wage cuts we heard from the players union regularly and good old Fraser Wishart was wheeled out for his opinion...anyone heard from him regarding cuts at other clubs...?

3) "HEARTS DESERVE TAE GO DOON" is all we hear from opposition fans. Let them have their argument and then say to them "what about Partick Thistle?"...suddenly their argument disappears. "Aye but youz were goin doon anyway" suddenly doesn't apply to them. 

4) Budge was again slated for bringing a mystery benefactor to the table. She was also told by the SPFL that she had to "prepare a paper" on it. When said benefactor pumps millions of pounds of his own money in to Scottish Football, not so much as an apology to Budge. Of course all these clubs took the money as well. 

5) Hearts paying compensation for Neilson and were slated because of us taking wage cuts etc. I'm awaiting this attitude towards Dundee United, particularly whist they are literally begging rival clubs and fans for donations. 

6) When this shambles was all announced, anyone on social media would have noticed the tsunami of hatred towards our club and the level of pleasure people were taking. No consideration of people potentially losing their jobs and livelihoods particularly when you change the narrative again and mention Partick Thistle. However now that clubs are struggling financially, people are concerned and of course it our fault. 

From the start we have been painted out as the bad guys in all this and that will continue. Every argument is based on Hearts and what we "deserve". Nobody brings up Partick and what they "deserve". Nobody brings up Stranraer or even Kelty or Brora. "Youz were bottom and deserved tae go doon"...well what about Brechin?

As Tom English - who has been excellent throughout this - has said, if you punch someone in the face then you shouldn't be surprised to get whacked back. 

Brilliant post. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Walter Burns said:

How come the media aren't jumping all over the fact that Dundee Utd are out with the begging bowl.....but just spent £120,000 to get a new manager....

Quite. They were quick enough when we took legitimate action early on to safeguard jobs to make a massive story out of a supposed list of players we were after. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, its not only more travel, they'd need to eat as well!

The costs.... Think of the costs. 

Just think that these clubs shape our game for the future as well. 

Makes me conclude Scottish football is actually in a worse place than I imagined. 

Outwith about 15-20 clubs, Scottish football is an amateur game. Gordon Strachan doesn’t get much right but he was spot on when he said that you’ve got loads of kiddy-on professional clubs, none of whom act like it. The structure is massively, massively tinpot and backwards. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Is the Dundee United crowdfunder online yet? I want to donate 1p along with a message to GIRUY

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's Bonnyrigg Rose added to my shit list as well. 

Never thought I'd have such disdain for so many nothing clubs- Raith, utd, Ross county, cove, Cowdenbeath, s Albion now Bonnyrigg Rose. 

Maybe he should stick to his own clubs forum, Oh wait.

21 minutes ago, Steve said:

Just watching that weasel Doncaster on the SSN clip - nothing boils my blood more than watching him slime his way out of every question!

It's completely disingenuous to keep saying "the clubs voted to end the season" - what happened was a gun was held to their head, with a LIE that the only way to save clubs and release money was to call the season.

He says "clubs voted to end the season", like that was an isolated decision - as I say it's completely disingenuous to position it as such!

He's applying the method of repeating a lie often enough, so that people will come to believe you.

It's the oldest trick in the book - and the most deceptive and dastardly!

Heartsmad1874

Arbitration dude says there could be a return to the CoS based on Scots Law if i heard his waffling correctly.

Harry Potter
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Arbitration dude says there could be a return to the CoS based on Scots Law if i heard his waffling correctly.

:levein_interesting:

23 minutes ago, Steve said:

He gets soft balled by every interviewer. The second he gets into choppy waters, he pivots back to the 'just a servant of the clubs, guv'. Its pathetic. He's the CEO of a major organisation and shows all the leadership of a sheep. Any half decent interviewer could rip this guy a new one. Actually asking him, 'do you believe being paid close to half a million pounds a year for merely being a servant of the clubs as you continue to put it to be acceptable? What value do you actually bring? Surely they could just employ a secretary for approx £20k a year? 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Only if there is a clear error in law.  For example an error in how the Dundee vote and revocation is considered.

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That why DU/RR/CR moaning about costs then. They know it'll end up back at the CoS?

Riccarton3
26 minutes ago, Steve said:

You'd almost think there wasn't a resolution proposed. Oh,the clubs did it off their own back. You are right, a more disingenuous snake you will be hard to find. An absolute opportunist.

Rick Sanchez

I would get a lifetime ban and a police caution if I gave my thoughts on Doncaster.

He's a despicable snakey ******* who is very inept at his job and only keeps his job as he receives the Celtic boaby and 'serves' enough clubs who also receive the Celtic boaby.

I really hope all this is the catalyst for change.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Only if there is a clear error in law.  For example an error in how the Dundee vote and revocation is considered.

This is what he said in full about it.

'They have left in a challenge under the rule that allows for challenges and points of Scots Law so its not impossible so you might see an appeal on a point of Scots Law at the end of it'

upgotheheads

If Hearts and Partick are awarded compensation or reinstatement is ordered then he will have to resign, no doubt Doncaster will get a nice severance deal. This whole shambles is down to his lack of leadership at board level. He should have taken a stance that was in the interests of all clubs, instead he was only concerned with the interests of Sky tv and Celtic. Beyond that he couldn't be arsed.

Edited by upgotheheads

Hackney Hearts
   1 hour ago,  Interested Bystander said: 

Just wondering, given you finished the season 16 points behind Livi, if you hope to get ahead of Ayr and Dunfermline, or even Dundee and Caley in the forthcoming Championship season?

We didn't.

Which is kind of the point.

19 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Is the Dundee United crowdfunder online yet? I want to donate 1p along with a message to GIRUY

tremendous idea

19 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That Chris McLaughlin really is an arsehole, one of the biggest SPFL apologists there is.

It's amazing how these people seem to think they know where this is all going to land, and that Hearts should've just 'Taken their medicine' (to borrow a quote).

The truth is, he DOES NOT know where this going to land … and I despise the presumptive swagger!

Edited by MCW1976

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

It's amazing how these people seem to think they know where this is all going to land, and that Hearts should've just 'Taken their medicine' (to borrow a quote).

The truth is, he DOES NOT know where this going to land … and I despise the presumptive swagger!

You can imagine him if it was sent back to the court of session. There would be an air of exasperation. And you'd have to ask,why? What is the point in having some apparently impartial reporter when his whole demeanor gives the game away. Just report. If you want to do an opinion piece do it on the website.  

10 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:
   1 hour ago,  Interested Bystander said: 

Just wondering, given you finished the season 16 points behind Livi, if you hope to get ahead of Ayr and Dunfermline, or even Dundee and Caley in the forthcoming Championship season?

We didn't.

Which is kind of the point.

Looney Tunes Elmer GIF - LooneyTunes Elmer BugsBunny GIFs    Bullseye!!!!

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

You are, in my opinion, deliberately omitting essential facts to try to validate the Good Friday vote shenanigans and then revealing another wee gem of mindset.

The 81% was acheived by threatening, desperate, clubs with not receiving the rest of their prize money, if they did not vote in favour of the one sided proposal put forward, in Doncaster's name, by the real powers hiding in the shadows. 

Doncaster phoning any club, to encourage them to vote in favour, because the vote has been passed anyway, is deliberately inflating the vote his masters wanted. How many other clubs may he have done this with? We only know about Aberdeen. He, or his masters, certainly got Dundee to change their vote, after it quite mysteriously got lost in an email quarantine, all on it's own, at a critical time when the SPFL knew what the result of a "no" vote, from Dundee, would mean to their hopes.

The SPFL board did not tell the clubs that curtailing the season would result in refunds of funds, already received from the broadcasters, which would then reduce future pay outs. They only said that declaring the season "null and void" would result in funds having to be paid back. They further mislead clubs by saying that they could not receive advances on their prize money,  unless tied into the vote.

Your comments about Ann Budge say everything about your attitude and those of some of the clubs who continued to vote against any reasonable remedies that she had to try to put forward, because the man, who earns £400k a year, didn't have time, didn't want to, or was maybe discouraged by others to do so. You, and others like you, would rather take Scottish football to the brink of financial disaster, rather than agree to a reasonable solution that would help every club survive this global crisis, just because you don't like Ann Budge. You, and others, think it is just dandy that your spite towards Hearts and Ann Budge, also severely punishes Partick Thistle and Stranraer, and denies the ambitions of a few other clubs.

The thinking, and attitude, of you and those others, is the reason why Scottish football has been overtaken by countries who we used to regard as minnows, and why Scottish clubs, including the illustrious 9 in a row champions, are now an embarrassment in European competition.

And for what it's worth, I don't believe for one minute that you do not have an allegiance to a Scottish Premiership football club, as well as Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic.

Well said apart from Tom English nobody in the media ever challenges the 81% vote when the SPFL mention it.

It is to Inverness tremendous credit that they voted against the resolution despite them being due to receive £200k straight away if they voted for the motion.

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

You can imagine him if it was sent back to the court of session. There would be an air of exasperation. And you'd have to ask,why? What is the point in having some apparently impartial reporter when his whole demeanor gives the game away. Just report. If you want to do an opinion piece do it on the website.  

And the way he says for example if Hearts and Partick lose can they go to CAS? Forgetting that there are 2 other parties involved that also might lose.

Can’t stand the bald specky twat.

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Steve said:

I utterly despise that man. I can’t think of anyone else who has ever been involved in Scottish football who Ive disliked more. Speaks and generally never says anything in that modern wanky manager type lawyer speak, I hate that bullshit. 
That ***** should be run out of this country. Has done nothing and brought nothing to the game in this country. He’s a disgrace but he’s a very wealthy man on the back of overseeing a complete shitshow with Lawells hand up his back. 
He’s scum. 

jambo-in-furness

Surely the calpol 3 are taking legal advice, only idiots would fight a court case with expenses incurred if it was predicted by their advisors that they would lose,  as they already have in the COS.

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

He gets soft balled by every interviewer. The second he gets into choppy waters, he pivots back to the 'just a servant of the clubs, guv'. Its pathetic. He's the CEO of a major organisation and shows all the leadership of a sheep. Any half decent interviewer could rip this guy a new one. Actually asking him, 'do you believe being paid close to half a million pounds a year for merely being a servant of the clubs as you continue to put it to be acceptable? What value do you actually bring? Surely they could just employ a secretary for approx £20k a year? 

Spot on! We don't have press brave enough to ask the really hard hitting questions they should be asking, when he isn't hiding from them!

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

And the way he says for example if Hearts and Partick lose can they go to CAS? Forgetting that there are 2 other parties involved that also might lose.

Can’t stand the bald specky twat.

These 'specialists' and 'ear-to-the-ground' merchants are turning out to be the charlatans we feared they were in the first place.

They've taken the p1ss out of their employers. They won't fool us.

Edited by MCW1976

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Surely the calpol 3 are taking legal advice, only idiots would fight a court case with expenses incurred if it was predicted by their advisors that they would lose,  as they already have in the COS.

And to their surprise lawyers who want to be paid the fees have told them to keep fighting it and not give up :lol: 

colinmaroon
31 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

He's applying the method of repeating a lie often enough, so that people will come to believe you.

It's the oldest trick in the book - and the most deceptive and dastardly!

Did Dominic Cummings and Doncaster go to the same school in Beijing?

manaliveits105

How Mclaughlin ever got to that position is staggering - ugly specky bore - just the credentials for a top sports reporter 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
52 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You assume that the interlopers aren’t one and the same.

I think there is a difference in style, which was what I was pointing out in my rather wrongly judged post, but that doesn't mean I was wrong about one of them going to lunch while the other continued interloping. If I'm not mistaken they did seem to appear on here rather quickly, one after the other. I wouldn't be surprised if they are quite often seen in the same room together ;)

Re this closed door arbitration . Would a freedom of information request be successful as it’s in the interests of footballing integrity that the hearing is made public albeit after the proceedings.

Oneneilberry
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Re this closed door arbitration . Would a freedom of information request be successful as it’s in the interests of footballing integrity that the hearing is made public albeit after the proceedings.

Apart from the decision what information is actually for public consumption?                     Tried to research this but drew a blank 

Heartsmad1874

Kenny MacIntyre has said he tried to get a chairman on and none would speak also that one chairman has told him that they have to give witness testimony.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )