Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

I agree with what many have said. Its not reasonable of the club to expect people to pay the full whack for a season ticket up front given the uncertainty of when we will be playing. 

It makes no odds to me what league we will be in as I will renew regrdless. 

My dad is also in a slightly high risk group so also need to consider his options. 

P.S. If You catch Covid 19 I hope your symptoms are no worse than mine. 

I tested positive yesterday. 

Take care Jocam2325 i hope your symptoms are mild and you get well soon. 

Listening to some of the questions to Nicola Sturgeon from the media just now just shows us that most of the media are only looking for a headline. Stupid questions about xmas, when can schools go back etc. they can't understand that no one knows how this Covid-19 will spread and develop if the current restrictions were lifted. As for football FIFA, UEFA, SFA, SPFL every football club board/owner they have no knowledge as to when football can restart. I renewed and most of my mates renewed because we felt if was the right thing to do but we'd never say anything against someone who wanted to pay a deposit or wait till it is decided when football will start again. It could be 4 months it could be a year nobody knows. Money for many is tight and i feel lucky in that i can afford a ST but let's just concentrate on making sure our family, loved ones, neighbours and  friends keep well. To everyone take care. 

34 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Unless closed door

I can't see that working. Without fans there is no atmosphere and little income. Would a closed door football match with zero atmosphere be worth watching on TV?

Happy to be proved wrong.

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

I support the view that many have expressed, that we should be able to put a deposit on our season ticket seat.

There's a lot in the news today about when lockdown might end and how. Clearly, it will be a gradual process, and going to sporting events in large crowds is going to be the very last thing that gets back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game we actually attend will be next year, seriously. In these circumstances, paying the full whack for a season that will be at best abbreviated feels wrong. Yes, we want the club to survive, and I still have my (above the minimum) monthly contribution via FoH.

I want to hold on to my seat, and will renew my season ticket even if we are relegated. But I think it is far too soon for 'whole season' tickets to be on sale. We are nearly into May and the season normally starts in late July. That is not going to happen. We have already paid for games that have not been played this season.

Some simple facts. We, the fans, are by far the biggest income stream. And, by far, the largest expenditure is on players. Player wages have sky-rocketed in the modern era, with no justification. When the economy starts up again, football will take a hit, and that should result in significant cuts in unrealistic wages. I don't think it is valid for ordinary fans, most of whom in the best of times earn a fraction of what a player gets, to be putting their hands in their pockets right now, and make some sacrifices, so that footballers can remain over-rewarded. That doesn't feel right to me.

Well said 

Hearts fans in particular are expected to dig deeper than most. This may be a step too far for many 

10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I can't see that working. Without fans there is no atmosphere and little income. Would a closed door football match with zero atmosphere be worth watching on TV?

Pretty unwatchable for me might be different if Hearts are playing. Watched first 20 minutes of Man United  v an Austrian side in March before switching off United were winning 2-0 no idea ehat the final score was.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Take care Jocam2325 i hope your symptoms are mild and you get well soon. 

Thanks mate. 

I got a test as a key worker and results within 24 hours. Mild symptoms. Unfortunately, so many not so fortunate. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Thanks mate. 

I got a test as a key worker and results within 24 hours. Mild symptoms. Unfortunately, so many not so fortunate. 

Still knocks you tho. 

You'll feel weak and tired 

I was knackered for 3/4 days, high temp but freezing as well. Sweating like Dundee at a league vote but cold. 

That weak and tired I couldn't even crack one out. 

I not been that ill for.., well never. 

Get well soon. 

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Agreed it’s not worth it in Scotland, also clubs will have to pay players appearance fees and all the other costs associated with a match day.  Folk paying £5 or whatever to watch the game on tv won’t cut it I’m afraid.

without fans paying to go to the match Scottish football will die. 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Well said 

Hearts fans in particular are expected to dig deeper than most. This may be a step too far for many 

I think Hearts fans will decide that and not you.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still knocks you tho. 

You'll feel weak and tired 

I was knackered for 3/4 days, high temp but freezing as well. Sweating like Dundee at a league vote but cold. 

That weak and tired I couldn't even crack one out. 

I not been that ill for.., well never. 

Get well soon. 

Your lucky started to feel unwell on 18 March, I was literally in bed until the first Saturday in April, living on Grapes Water and Lucozade. , I’ve only been able to get out the house for excercise 12 days ago , I’m only at the stage now where I can walk round the block a couple of times.

Lost a lot of weight, nothing fits, jeans hanging off me and my hair is like something from the 1980s...😂😂

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I support the view that many have expressed, that we should be able to put a deposit on our season ticket seat.

There's a lot in the news today about when lockdown might end and how. Clearly, it will be a gradual process, and going to sporting events in large crowds is going to be the very last thing that gets back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game we actually attend will be next year, seriously. In these circumstances, paying the full whack for a season that will be at best abbreviated feels wrong. Yes, we want the club to survive, and I still have my (above the minimum) monthly contribution via FoH.

I want to hold on to my seat, and will renew my season ticket even if we are relegated. But I think it is far too soon for 'whole season' tickets to be on sale. We are nearly into May and the season normally starts in late July. That is not going to happen. We have already paid for games that have not been played this season.

Some simple facts. We, the fans, are by far the biggest income stream. And, by far, the largest expenditure is on players. Player wages have sky-rocketed in the modern era, with no justification. When the economy starts up again, football will take a hit, and that should result in significant cuts in unrealistic wages. I don't think it is valid for ordinary fans, most of whom in the best of times earn a fraction of what a player gets, to be putting their hands in their pockets right now, and make some sacrifices, so that footballers can remain over-rewarded. That doesn't feel right to me.

Agree with this. I want to get a season ticket but it doesn’t sit right with me that I might not get to a game until next year. Happy to keep FOH payments going but having a product on sale that may not be deliverable is questionable. 

I can see the clubs point of view of needing money in etc but it’s only going to cause problems down the line if fans can’t get to games. Would they be hoping people don’t ask

for refunds on games that can’t be attended? Too many unknowns at this stage. I’d be far far more comfortable with putting a retainer style deposit down on my seat and topping it up once it’s confirmed exactly how many games fans can attend next season. 

Tommy Brown

This is where I'm hopeless.

Do I punt my ST money into FoH.

Or buy an ST, 20% money goes to vatman.

Do we have a shares issue, spend ST in shares.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

This is where I'm hopeless.

Do I punt my ST money into FoH.

Or buy an ST, 20% money goes to vatman.

Do we have a shares issue, spend ST in shares.

That’s a fair point. It’s something I’d be interested in personally over buying at ST for the unknown at this point. Where would the shares come from, Budge release?

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

That’s a fair point. It’s something I’d be interested in personally over buying at ST for the unknown at this point. Where would the shares come from, Budge release?

Know more by December. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Your lucky started to feel unwell on 18 March, I was literally in bed until the first Saturday in April, living on Grapes Water and Lucozade. , I’ve only been able to get out the house for excercise 12 days ago , I’m only at the stage now where I can walk round the block a couple of times.

Lost a lot of weight, nothing fits, jeans hanging off me and my hair is like something from the 1980s...😂😂

Ooft, my wife's dad was bad, like you but was in hospital for 5/6 days. 

Still weak 2 weeks later. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Agree with this. I want to get a season ticket but it doesn’t sit right with me that I might not get to a game until next year. Happy to keep FOH payments going but having a product on sale that may not be deliverable is questionable. 

I can see the clubs point of view of needing money in etc but it’s only going to cause problems down the line if fans can’t get to games. Would they be hoping people don’t ask

for refunds on games that can’t be attended? Too many unknowns at this stage. I’d be far far more comfortable with putting a retainer style deposit down on my seat and topping it up once it’s confirmed exactly how many games fans can attend next season. 

My sentiments exactly.

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Know more by December. 

Huh? I was more meaning raising funds in the meantime by other means than buying a potentially unusable ST.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Mort said:

Huh? I was more meaning raising funds in the meantime by other means than buying a potentially unusable ST.

I'm trying to figure out a way to support the club but am now reluctant to fork out for a ticket that I dont know when I will be able to make use of. 12 hour shifts so if we start back whenever and squeeze in a full season I'll struggle with midweek matches. If we're in the championship it may well be a few friday night games on bbc Scotland too that I'd miss most of.

34 minutes ago, Mort said:

Don't mind as much parting with half the money rather than all of it. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooft, my wife's dad was bad, like you but was in hospital for 5/6 days. 

Still weak 2 weeks later. 

Knocks the stuffing out you, i am in my 50s, and fairly fit, I walk on average 30 miles a week, and at this point  almost a fortnight since I started getting better I’m short of breath going up stairs at home and I have to walk at a slow pace when taking excercise.

Doctor says it might take weeks before I’m back to normal 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Don't mind as much parting with half the money rather than all of it. 

Yeah totally. Hopefully more options available soon.

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

I agree with what many have said. Its not reasonable of the club to expect people to pay the full whack for a season ticket up front given the uncertainty of when we will be playing. 

It makes no odds to me what league we will be in as I will renew regrdless. 

My dad is also in a slightly high risk group so also need to consider his options. 

P.S. If You catch Covid 19 I hope your symptoms are no worse than mine. 

I tested positive yesterday. 

U will be ok sir ,,,,👌💖🌈🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇬🇧👌🤣👏

East Lothian Jambo
5 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think Hearts fans will decide that and not you.

Sadly I've been vindicated in my scepticism of Budge  

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Knocks the stuffing out you, i am in my 50s, and fairly fit, I walk on average 30 miles a week, and at this point  almost a fortnight since I started getting better I’m short of breath going up stairs at home and I have to walk at a slow pace when taking excercise.

Doctor says it might take weeks before I’m back to normal 

Yip, the out of breath part is notable. 

He's still laboured in breathing. 

He's 74, but a non smoker and no heart attacks., quite fir like yourself. 

My dad is ten year younger, but a smoker and had 3 heart attacks, if it had Been him he'd have been brown bread I reckon. 

Good to see you on the mend, but it's nasty even when not severe. 

Dear Corporate Member 

We are writing to you in what we appreciate is a time of great uncertainty, to launch our corporate season passes for next season. 

The situation is truly unprecedented. The global pandemic is already impacting everyones lives and businesses and whilst there are much bigger issues at play for everyone, the knock on effect on Scottish football has led to the shutdown of the game and the likelihood that the current season will not be concluded. 

Whilst we are hugely frustrated with the outcome of recent league deliberations and like all of you, are bitterly disappointed with the way in which matters are being handled nationally, we nevertheless must carry on planning for the season ahead. You will have seen in the on-going media circus, that the Club is fighting hard to preserve our top flight status and we will be unflinching in efforts to secure a fair and equitable outcome. 

We have taken prudent measures to manage the disappearance of virtually all income from its football and non-football businesses and we will continue to take necessary actions to sustain the Club in a time where no one can predict when things might return to some kind of normality. 

What we are certain of, however, is that once again the Club needs support and so, in a spirit of complete openness, we are inviting you to renew your corporate membership now. We have undergone much deliberation on whether we should do this at a point that there is so much uncertainty, but we have been approached by members who are keen to renew now as a way of helping the Club. 

Having considered these requests, we have decided to go ahead and open bookings now. We are acutely aware that for some, this will not be a feasible or desired way forward at this point. We will therefore make a fair offer to all now that will remain in place until the season finally gets underway. If you can help us at this point, thank you. If you prefer to wait, then we totally understand.

We do appreciate that there will be some reluctance to book now whilst there are so many factors that are out of everyones control. We would therefore propose to offer a flexible way forward that helps the Club to plan ahead, but gives you assurance that you will not lose out should next season also be delayed or curtailed. 

The first thing we propose for next season is that we will waive payments for the membership plan that you joined in 2017. Three-yearly membership fees would normally be due for renewal at the end of this season. You will continue to enjoy full members benefits, notably: 

your own dedicated membership manager.  I will be available throughout the week to handle our queries, look after your bookings and manage your match day experience 
 priority booking for cup games, away fixtures and ad hoc guest reservations 
 priority access to match tickets for our forthcoming Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden 
 guaranteed booking of your preferred seat at cup games and friendly matches at Tynecastle Park (subject to booking deadlines). 

In addition, as a thank you for renewing your membership for Season 20/21, we will offer an additional set of benefits. 

invitation to enjoy complimentary hospitality at the opening home league cup game in the 2020/21 season
 free room hire for any room at Tynecastle Park for any personal celebration birthday party, engagement party, etc. in the season ahead 
 exclusive monthly offers for the Hearts Clubstore 
 invitation to bring a child to attend a First Team Training session to meet the players and coaching staff. 

In addition, we will freeze seasonal prices at the level set in 2018-19.  New prices represent an increase of 5% on 2017 prices. Given that inflation has increased by 6% during this time and the national living wage has gone up by 14%, we are pricing this as aggressively as we can without compromising on standards of cuisine or service. 

The price for the Heritage Lounge Lounge in Season 20/21 will be £1250 + VAT per person.

We hope that the above proposals will go some way to compensating for potentially losing the last games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of enforced demotion. 

We hope that next season will provide 18 home games, but should this figure not been achieved, we will offer a credit to members on a pro rata basis that can be used in following seasons or on any other club event. 

Whilst we understand that some members may wish to see a reduction in prices should demotion be forced upon us, we are keen to maintain: 

the same high level of hospitality that has seen Tynecastle Park being awarded a number of off-the-pitch accolades 
 a fair remuneration policy for our staff based on national living wage. This helps us to maintain a motivated and happy workforce and in turn, to provide the highest levels of service to our customers. 

Help with seasonal hospitality purchases 

We are putting corporate seasonal passes on sale fully recognising that in these uncertain times, some members may have a big decision to make in terms of not just how, but indeed whether, they can continue to enjoy award winning hospitality at Tynecastle Park next season. 

We understand that the impact of the current pandemic is having an adverse effect on cash flow. For the first time, we are pleased that we can, subject to approval, offer members the chance to spread the cost of their season ticket via a repayment plan. We are working with our new finance provider, V12, to get the best possible terms for those members who want/need to spread their payments. We plan to make this option available in the next week. 

How to book 

I will be available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm to handle any queries, manage your booking and necessary paperwork. 

We are immensely grateful to members who choose to renew now and to support the Club in the most trying of circumstances. In return, we pledge to continue to offer the same outstanding quality of experience when football returns to the stadium. 

On behalf of Heart of Midlothian FC, we would like to thank you for your unwavering support. These are testing times for everyone. The Foundation of Hearts mantra has long been to pledge what you can afford and that is what we are asking you to do here; if you can afford to do so then please renew your hospitality for season 2020/21. By doing so you will be helping enormously to ensure that when things return to some level of normality, the oldest football team in Edinburgh will be here to welcome you back with open arms. 

With your continued and unparalleled backing, we will forever be, Always Hearts. 

Yours in sport 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but partick thistle seem to be far more in tune with their fans regarding season ticket refunds.to me they've gave fans the option of a correct amount of compensation for missing games which fans will appreciate more and probably won't take instead of the way ours have been marketed. https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-23rd-april-2020/

12 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but partick thistle seem to be far more in tune with their fans regarding season ticket refunds.to me they've gave fans the option of a correct amount of compensation for missing games which fans will appreciate more and probably won't take instead of the way ours have been marketed. https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-23rd-april-2020/

What a great statement from the Jags. Well played and totally attached to their fan base. Realising that this will cause financial hardship and even in desperate times, they offer their loyal fan base a refund. Great effort on the fundraising too. £100k since mid March 👏🏻

3 season tickets bought yesterday for myself and grandsons. I have not struggled for the last 5 years paying FoH contributions to let my club die because of some pesky virus.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, braveheart said:

Just saw that on FB, raised £100k in a month and have given the fans the option of a refund if they need or want to take it, also pointing out it would cost £80k if everyone took them up on it. 

letsmakesomenoise
On 23/04/2020 at 16:52, Mort said:Too many unknowns at this stage. I’d be far far more comfortable with putting a retainer style deposit down on my seat and topping it up once it’s confirmed exactly how many games fans can attend next season. 

This is where I’m at.  Happy to pay a deposit to retain my seat, or even a donation or increase to my FOH monies, if things are looking dodgy, but I’m not going to pony up for something that patently is not deliverable.

• 8 months later...
On 14/04/2020 at 22:39, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ll just leave this here.

37CF2072-1374-410F-9BB8-E7B5E4FB09F6.jpeg

I mind reading your reply at the time. Now that James Anderson has given 100% of clubs money, the SG are giving access to loans for Premier clubs and handouts to all the rest - based on my March comments I wouldn't have been that far away.

Glad I dragged you down to my level a bit of respect pal doesn't go amiss.

been here before
1 hour ago, credit card said:

I mind reading your reply at the time. Now that James Anderson has given 100% of clubs money, the SG are giving access to loans for Premier clubs and handouts to all the rest - based on my March comments I wouldn't have been that far away.

Oooooft.... Bumping a thread cause you've been ragin' for 8 months.

tenor.gif.1641d1fb9fba7af2518221fe3661367c.gif

1 hour ago, credit card said:

**** falling out with you. You’d wait ten years and push me in front of a train 😂

Well seeing as someone decided to bump this thread, has any one had contact from HMFC regarding the 2nd payment of their season ticket (for those that chose this option)???

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well seeing as someone decided to bump this thread, has any one had contact from HMFC regarding the 2nd payment of their season ticket (for those that chose this option)???

not yet. I’d imagine it would be approaching half the games though. ?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Emailed the club over the last few days. They will be in touch once lockdown ends, they only have access to emails as working from home and require phones to sort out 2nd payments. Streaming will continue for all uninterrupted.

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Emailed the club over the last few days. They will be in touch once lockdown ends, they only have access to emails as working from home and require phones to sort out 2nd payments. Streaming will continue for all uninterrupted.

👍

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thanks for letting me know bud.  Much appreciated.

9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How you doing chief? We are all missing your witty bellowing at the referee 😃