Season Tickets On Sale

Sooperstar

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Stupid suggestion about 1000 of us have paid full amount do you think we want a rebate nawwww.

Listen I’m not having a go at those who have renewed , good on them , but not everyone will be able to afford a ST  and some who might find it tight to buy one  ( sometimes more than that ) but not getting to see a game . 
All I’m suggesting is they get the chance to contribute something towards the club , better something than nothing , as for your comment about a rebate that’s up to the individual . 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

once more cheap little digs from posters

You get something for nothing guaranteed and still there are moans

Do you not realise the position the club and indeed football in this country never mind around the world is in  ?

This is not the time to be a cheapskate and look for more

Image result for please sir can i have some more

Mate . First of all you’ve got folk who can afford to renew and have done so knowing they are not going to see a live game anytime soon. Hats off to them.

Then you’ve got folk like me suffering financially and possibly in trouble a ways down the line. No chance I can buy an ST.

Then you’ve got a whole load of folk in between who are swithering. They’ve been offered what amounts to no incentive at all to jump in and purchase. When the club is asking for money up front for a product that might not be delivered for quite a while, it’s in their best interests to offer a meaningful incentive to the undecided. A nice wee carrot might sell another couple of thousand tickets. That could make the difference between surfing intact and getting in big trouble. Sales and marketing techniques aimed at customer retention is what this is about.

How do the supporters of Celtic and Rangers promote bigotry and sectarianism if games are played behind closed doors?  A real head scratcher for them.

80,000 ST holders unable to express themselves.

been here before
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

How do the supporters of Celtic and Rangers promote bigotry and sectarianism if games are played behind closed doors?  A real head scratcher for them.

80,000 ST holders unable to express themselves.

Doubtless a few Sash bashes arranged as 'fundraisers' along with whatever the Sellick equivilant is, PIRA party or whatever shite it is they go for.

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, credit card said:

I wrote this a week ago and got verbals from Ethan Hunt. It turns out based on Nicola Sturgeon's comments today I wasn't a million miles away in terms of next season.

The consensus on here now is season ticket money is going to be more of a donation.

Why didn't Queen Ann not work that out too? Far too many questions were unanswered about next season and instead of conning the intelligence of supporters like a lot of other clubs have done she could've come clean and said we are not sure what is happening - so give us say £100-£200 to tide us over please? A deposit or donation. OK some Jambos asked her to put STs on sale but there was an opportunity to show integrity and honesty by saying whoa there folks it isn't right to sell them just now.

Don't think for a minute by the way that other clubs bar Celtic are not in dire straits either. They most definitely are. No gate money, no corporate day income, no advertising income, no club merchandise money, no use of meeting/conference facilities/catering/parking/programme sales will all hit clubs hard.

Football is about to undergo very major open heart surgery. Fluffy player deals will be a thing of the past. Importantly we will be even more at the mercy of the TV companies as this will become proportionately a  much higher income stream. Even less Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs? (unless we are in the Championship) 

Our "donations" though will count big time to see us through. HHGH.

Football could look very different on the other side of this pandemic 

Clubs who've opted for wage referrals are going to be having some interesting conversations with their employees sometime soon. Deferral of wages are a complete non starter. Clubs are probably starting to realise this 

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, credit card said:

I wrote this a week ago and got verbals from Ethan Hunt. It turns out based on Nicola Sturgeon's comments today I wasn't a million miles away in terms of next season.

The consensus on here now is season ticket money is going to be more of a donation.

Why didn't Queen Ann not work that out too? Far too many questions were unanswered about next season and instead of conning the intelligence of supporters like a lot of other clubs have done she could've come clean and said we are not sure what is happening - so give us say £100-£200 to tide us over please? A deposit or donation. OK some Jambos asked her to put STs on sale but there was an opportunity to show integrity and honesty by saying whoa there folks it isn't right to sell them just now.

Don't think for a minute by the way that other clubs bar Celtic are not in dire straits either. They most definitely are. No gate money, no corporate day income, no advertising income, no club merchandise money, no use of meeting/conference facilities/catering/parking/programme sales will all hit clubs hard.

Football is about to undergo very major open heart surgery. Fluffy player deals will be a thing of the past. Importantly we will be even more at the mercy of the TV companies as this will become proportionately a  much higher income stream. Even less Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs? (unless we are in the Championship) 

Our "donations" though will count big time to see us through. HHGH.

A lot of sense here.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Given that a lot of people will be reluctant to renew given the comments from the First Minister regarding crowds and a vaccine , would it be an idea to allow people to reserve their usual seats for say £75 ( first figure that came to my mind) ? 
I dare say one of the reasons people renew the same seat year after year is they feel comfortable with those around them and will probably help to get tickets sold when some form of normality returns . 

Good call Mr D. Sensible and would see a large uptake to help club funds I would imagine. Personally I don’t see much football or football crowds being allowed at Tynecastle this year. After the announcement by NS today, then a lot of fans who are already sitting on the fence due to covid and demotion, might now be dissuaded to purchase a ST. Reserving your seat at even 50% of the cost might just help see us through the stormy waters in the interim.  

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Then you’ve got folk like me suffering financially and possibly in trouble a ways down the line. No chance I can buy an ST.

Mate, if it's that bad maybe you shouldn't be placing £10 7 folds on lower tier Belarusian football. I'm not taking the piss, I'm being deadly serious. 

9 minutes ago, smiler said:

Mate, if it's that bad maybe you shouldn't be placing £10 7 folds on lower tier Belarusian football. I'm not taking the piss, I'm being deadly serious. 

Someone gifted me a tenner in my account to play with and it was the top league in Belarus if you must fecking know. Cheeky **** 😆

Edited by JimmyCant

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Someone gifted me a tenner in my account to play with and it was the top league in Belarus if you must fecking know. Cheeky **** 😆

Nae probs Jimmy, but the teams you showed on your screenshot are in Div 1 & Div 2, the top league is their Premier League 👍

Just now, smiler said:

Nae probs Jimmy, but the teams you showed on your screenshot are in Div 1 & Div 2, the top league is their Premier League 👍

Your scrupulous double checking of my activity is getting a little bit weird to be honest. Lend us a tenner mate 😁

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Your scrupulous double checking of my activity is getting a little bit weird to be honest. Lend us a tenner mate 😁

Sorry if you find it a bit weird mate, but I also placed a wager on Saturdays Belarusian soccer (top league though) and posted my bet on here. 

Anyway, tell me your fax number and I'll send you as much cash as you want. 

11 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Given that a lot of people will be reluctant to renew given the comments from the First Minister regarding crowds and a vaccine , would it be an idea to allow people to reserve their usual seats for say £75 ( first figure that came to my mind) ? 
I dare say one of the reasons people renew the same seat year after year is they feel comfortable with those around them and will probably help to get tickets sold when some form of normality returns . 

great idea

To renew is a decision based mostly on personal circumstances.

Shelling out £350 or whatever at the moment when people are worried about their jobs / income etc is just not possible. I’m like most in that given the uncertainty about the future with this virus it’s difficult to shell out that money when there’s likely no football to go to for 6 months at least. The other half’s  would quite rightly question it, especially if some end up out of work / reduced hours etc. 
The idea of reserving your seat for say £100 and the balance paid when football can resume , suggested above, is a great idea and one I would certainly  back.

Easier when we are maintaining our FOH subs too. Keeping them going is never more vital

credit card
10 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Football could look very different on the other side of this pandemic 

Clubs who've opted for wage referrals are going to be having some interesting conversations with their employees sometime soon. Deferral of wages are a complete non starter. Clubs are probably starting to realise this 

Spot on

Fluorescent Adolescent

Once our fate is sealed by way of expulsion from the Premiership, we MUST invoke article 12. It’s a real pity for those that will lose their jobs but take it up with the clubs who voted to demote HMFC.

Survival is the only thing that matters here. Choosing not to defer wages coupled with FOH monthly donations will ensure we do just that.

Season tickets are a mere sideshow to the bigger picture at play here. Though of course, renewing your season ticket if you can afford to do so will also help the club in the short term.

HHGH 🇱🇻 

Edited by Fluorescent Adolescent

tokyowalnut

I'd happily pay a reservation fee for my season ticket. I'm not really in a position to pay £450 for my season ticket and unlikely to be before the renewal date in June. I think this is a great idea.

The 1000 season tickets sold will keep Boyce and Damours wages ticking over for a few months at least.  Now that's value for money. 

3fingersreid
10 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Good call Mr D. Sensible and would see a large uptake to help club funds I would imagine. Personally I don’t see much football or football crowds being allowed at Tynecastle this year. After the announcement by NS today, then a lot of fans who are already sitting on the fence due to covid and demotion, might now be dissuaded to purchase a ST. Reserving your seat at even 50% of the cost might just help see us through the stormy waters in the interim.  

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

great idea

Cheers 👍🏻

been here before

Some lead....

Screenshot_20200421-092248.thumb.jpg.6b4aa26276a185b06bcda10a7c839a04.jpg

Some follow...

13 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Reserved for £100 would seem reasonable. 

Im right up for the Korean gig if Kimbo doesnt make it.

3fingersreid
26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Some lead....

Screenshot_20200421-092248.thumb.jpg.6b4aa26276a185b06bcda10a7c839a04.jpg

Some follow...

Im right up for the Korean gig if Kimbo doesnt make it.

apologies 

Unfortunately/fortunately I don’t spend my whole day reading everything that’s posted on here 

Edited by 3fingersreid

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think that's a great suggestion.

Thanks , but I think I’ve stood on someone’s toes who has posted it previously 🙈

East Lothian Jambo

Some form of deposit as suggested here would make sense. Around £100 and your seat us secure. Pressing ahead with sale of ST with no visibility of when public events can reconvene feels as though its tugging at emotions. I appreciate the argument in terms of what else could club do than put ST on sale.  Hearts fans dig deeper than any other fan group

15 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I think something along these lines would actually be quite pragmatic. If we were to pay say £100 now and then buy our season ticket when we have more information about when the new season will start (and what league we'll be in although I and I suspect most others will be there whichever league we're in) the club would probably end up getting more cash. The problem with clubs selling season tickets now is that the cash might well be all gone by the time the new season kicks off. In fact selling season tickets and deferring rather than cutting wages - as some clubs are doing - seems to me like a very risky strategy.

Until such time as we know when football is going to restart, the priority for most clubs has to be simply reducing running costs to an absolute minimum - including not renewing any player contracts when they end - and keeping enough cash coming in to stay in business.

durhamhearts
17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

👍hope it works. The response time last week re season tickets was excellent. 

Both tickets now purchased fast and efficient service from out Ticket office (Lyndsay)

It is a tricky one. I think putting £75-100 down is a great idea.

In the present climate I just can’t justify spending £800 on 2 season tickets, when there are a host of other things that are important as well. I just don’t have the disposable income to write off £800 as a donation to the club. A lot of peoples jobs are going to be lost, some that right now probably don’t even know it

Setting ourselves up for potential future problems by continuing to sell STs for a league that nobody knows when it will start, what it will look like and whether or not fans will be allowed to attend.

6 hours ago, daftie said:

It is a tricky one. I think putting £75-100 down is a great idea.

In the present climate I just can’t justify spending £800 on 2 season tickets, when there are a host of other things that are important as well. I just don’t have the disposable income to write off £800 as a donation to the club. A lot of peoples jobs are going to be lost, some that right now probably don’t even know it

Good post mate. No one should ever feel obliged or held accountable in this current climate. I know loads who have lost their jobs already and there’s a lot of good Jambos among them. Feeding families and paying mortgages and utilities should always be a priority. No one should ever have to apologise for not being able to cough up due to financial hardship when required. I know cause I’ve been there with 4 kids and a mortgage.

Jambos regardless will always give to their club when needed. People who can’t just now will remember this and will be able to help down the line and in the future. There’ll always be a Heart of Midlothian and there (hopefully) will always be a Foundation of Hearts. Your time will come! 

HHGH

13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Good post mate. No one should ever feel obliged or held accountable in this current climate. I know loads who have lost their jobs already and there’s a lot of good Jambos among them. Feeding families and paying mortgages and utilities should always be a priority. No one should ever have to apologise for not being able to cough up due to financial hardship when required. I know cause I’ve been there with 4 kids and a mortgage.

Jambos regardless will always give to their club when needed. People who can’t just now will remember this and will be able to help down the line and in the future. There’ll always be a Heart of Midlothian and there (hopefully) will always be a Foundation of Hearts. Your time will come! 

HHGH

I’m lucky because I’m retired and I have a guaranteed income so buy my ST wasn’t a problem but I can understand and never have a go at fans who can’t afford renewing. Times are hard for many people at this time and all we can do is help the club as well has our people. 
Stay safe.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’m lucky because I’m retired and I have a guaranteed income so buy my ST wasn’t a problem but I can understand and never have a go at fans who can’t afford renewing. Times are hard for many people at this time and all we can do is help the club as well has our people. 
Stay safe.

Nice one Mitch 🇱🇻  Stay safe my friend!

Today's vaccine news is great but the timeframe still suggests to me that we won't be seeing football played in front of crowds this year.

If that proves to be the case we will have to find a variety of ways to keep the club going financially.  We will.

I would think that clubs like Stranraer and many others will just exist as shells.  No payroll.  They will just have to recruit on minimum wage when they can.

Tough times.

I don't see it as a donation. I'd like to think that I will get around a seasons worth of games whenever the season eventually starts. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

I don't see it as a donation. I'd like to think that I will get around a seasons worth of games whenever the season eventually starts. 

Indeed. 

Hectormasson
On 21/04/2020 at 09:08, Shanks said:

The 1000 season tickets sold will keep Boyce and Damours wages ticking over for a few months at least.  Now that's value for money. 

Damour value 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌👏👏👏👏

17 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Today's vaccine news is great but the timeframe still suggests to me that we won't be seeing football played in front of crowds this year.

If that proves to be the case we will have to find a variety of ways to keep the club going financially.  We will.

I would think that clubs like Stranraer and many others will just exist as shells.  No payroll.  They will just have to recruit on minimum wage when they can.

Tough times.

Spot on the money.

Regarding clubs going out of business then the only way to resolve this would be to suspend the standard rules on points deductions and ultimately relegation and allow them to start up again once they are viable without penalty.

1 hour ago, EH22-Jambo said:

You can see it that way if you want.  But the fact is while there may be a full season played at some point, there's very little danger that it'll all be played in front of fans.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You can see it that way if you want.  But the fact is while there may be a full season played at some point, there's very little danger that it'll all be played in front of fans.

Depends when it starts. 

portobellojambo1

I bought mine the other day, in the knowledge I've no idea when I'll eventually get to use it. Effectively it covers me until around May next year I'd imagine, unless it gets extended to a later date if they intend finishing this season off before starting the next, it's all a bit iffy at the moment.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Got mines the day they put them on offer, obviously not sure but rather hearts have the cash I'm just thinking of it as an investment at the moment knowing that when it does start I'll not have to worry about paying for it. Interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks/months!

Werner Herzog

I'm really conflicted over what to do regarding a season ticket.

On the one hand, I don't particularly want to renew right now when there is absolutely no guarantee over when next season will be able to start (August is pure fantasy, anytime in 2020 also seems doubtful) & when crowds will be allowed back into football grounds. But on the other hand, I don't want to see a situation where the club enters another insolvency scenario. 

Hopefully things begin to look a little clearer around the start of June (the point I'll make a decision one way or the other). If football can't be played in scotland for the rest of the year, I might just revert to a higher foundation monthly payment instead.

iwasthere1954

I've not bought our two tickets yet but certainly intend to do so before the deadline. Most clubs tickets are now on sale so it's not just us. I really think if this continues a few clubs including ourselves might be in danger of going out the box. In an effort to avoid this happening to Hearts that is why we will be renewing . Someone posted that he bought his ticket as it will allow him to go when the season eventually starts and that is my attitude. All the gloom and doom surrounding the country at the moment has not prevented our neighbours across the city "allegedly" buying 4,000 season tickets. We really do have to buy them if we can afford to.

I’ve renewed my Season ticket, every club outside Celtic will be struggling sooner or later financially, while I believe we will be in the championship next season as everyone is against us, I want a team to support when the football restarts

Austin MacGlee

I will renew when I have the cash at pay day but it is only because I want to do my bit to help the club in what will undoubtedly be difficult financial times. If it was a "normal" end of season then I doubt I would be. So angry at the club and how we've been managed in the past couple of years in particular and it is nothing short of a disgrace that we are where we are and having to beg member clubs to reconstruct the leagues to help us out of their own corruption and our incompetence.

I support the view that many have expressed, that we should be able to put a deposit on our season ticket seat.

There's a lot in the news today about when lockdown might end and how. Clearly, it will be a gradual process, and going to sporting events in large crowds is going to be the very last thing that gets back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game we actually attend will be next year, seriously. In these circumstances, paying the full whack for a season that will be at best abbreviated feels wrong. Yes, we want the club to survive, and I still have my (above the minimum) monthly contribution via FoH.

I want to hold on to my seat, and will renew my season ticket even if we are relegated. But I think it is far too soon for 'whole season' tickets to be on sale. We are nearly into May and the season normally starts in late July. That is not going to happen. We have already paid for games that have not been played this season.

Some simple facts. We, the fans, are by far the biggest income stream. And, by far, the largest expenditure is on players. Player wages have sky-rocketed in the modern era, with no justification. When the economy starts up again, football will take a hit, and that should result in significant cuts in unrealistic wages. I don't think it is valid for ordinary fans, most of whom in the best of times earn a fraction of what a player gets, to be putting their hands in their pockets right now, and make some sacrifices, so that footballers can remain over-rewarded. That doesn't feel right to me.

I agree with what many have said. Its not reasonable of the club to expect people to pay the full whack for a season ticket up front given the uncertainty of when we will be playing. 

It makes no odds to me what league we will be in as I will renew regrdless. 

My dad is also in a slightly high risk group so also need to consider his options. 

P.S. If You catch Covid 19 I hope your symptoms are no worse than mine. 

I tested positive yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I support the view that many have expressed, that we should be able to put a deposit on our season ticket seat.

There's a lot in the news today about when lockdown might end and how. Clearly, it will be a gradual process, and going to sporting events in large crowds is going to be the very last thing that gets back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game we actually attend will be next year, seriously. In these circumstances, paying the full whack for a season that will be at best abbreviated feels wrong. Yes, we want the club to survive, and I still have my (above the minimum) monthly contribution via FoH.

I want to hold on to my seat, and will renew my season ticket even if we are relegated. But I think it is far too soon for 'whole season' tickets to be on sale. We are nearly into May and the season normally starts in late July. That is not going to happen. We have already paid for games that have not been played this season.

Some simple facts. We, the fans, are by far the biggest income stream. And, by far, the largest expenditure is on players. Player wages have sky-rocketed in the modern era, with no justification. When the economy starts up again, football will take a hit, and that should result in significant cuts in unrealistic wages. I don't think it is valid for ordinary fans, most of whom in the best of times earn a fraction of what a player gets, to be putting their hands in their pockets right now, and make some sacrifices, so that footballers can remain over-rewarded. That doesn't feel right to me.

Has anyone approached the club about this?

Footballfirst

From today’s Scottish Government paper on easing the lockdown

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strategy-plan/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/documents/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/govscot:document/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making.pdf

We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits. We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment.

It seems increasingly likely that there will be no 2020/21 football season as we know it.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It seems increasingly likely that there will be no 2020/21 football season as we know it.

I agree.