Season Tickets On Sale

Sooperstar

"""One thing we do know, however, is that once again the Club needs your support."""

Never ending story.....!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will not be renewing until I am confident of there being no health risk.

Taking my age into account, that probably means until a vaccine is available, or until this is all over.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is for me.

I’m afraid I’m in the same boat - diabetic and ticker issue, so who knows when I can return to Tynecastle. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Folk should buy it on a credit card if they are concerned about anything - insured protection on purchases over £100

AlphonseCapone

I'll renew because it's what I do but tbh I'd rather they hadn't bothered with the 10% discount nonsense.

Found it a bit patronising the whole, "hope this goes some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of the season" and then the next section says people buying a new season ticket will get 5% off. So someone who renews in my section is in reality £20 better off than someone who buys a new season ticket. Not sure how that compensates missing 3 games. The thing is I don't even care about missing the 3 games or the money for it, it's more the fact they've brought it up in the way they have that I found patronising. 

Like I said, I'm renewing because I'm a Hearts fan and I'll always help the club. A simple message that the club needs all the support it can get just now would more than have sufficed. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Folk should buy it on a credit card if they are concerned about anything - insured protection on purchases over £100

But to repeat my earlier question  if you pay by credit do the club get any money until games resume? If not it may not help much.

Thought Police
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Good pricing if we're still in the Premiership. Not so sure if we're not. 

I don’t really know the difference. I don’t buy a season ticket just for the “big” games. A season ticket is affordable or it’s not.

4 hours ago, credit card said:

I see a lot, lot, lot wrong with this. Football is not starting anytime soon. How can it when there is no proper Covid 19 testing and no vaccine for a best estimate of  between 12 to 18 months. 

Will we begin to do what Germany and Spain are doing and play behind closed doors first? I guess so but when will it start and for how long? 

Will social distancing apply when fans are allowed in? Will there be a 3 seat gap between all fans reducing capacity by 75% so only 5,000 fans will get in. Will the queue snake from Wheatfield Street to Luckies? Will mandatory temperature checks be needed before being allowed in?

How will public transport operate? How will supporters buses work? Social distancing for corporate facilities?

Who of us will still have their job? Who will have a job but with less hours and less pay? Don't think for one minute that income tax won't be increased by a heck of a lot to cover the "staying at home" period. It will - big time. What happens if Pandemic 2 happens?

All of these unanswered questions against the backdrop of a bunch of grossly underperforming players who are expecting us to stump up just 10% less than we paid out for this unfinished season (and maybe for a league below).

Ann needs to get focused on the now not months ahead. Go for Dundee's jugular and get the SPFL articles changed to get the immediate pay out to tick the club over just now but don't insult the intelligence of a support that have always backed the team to the hilt by asking us to fork out right now - for actually what? If the club runs out of money then so will most other clubs.

European places? Another SPFL joke on this vote. Oh aye bet loads of teams want to draw Atalanta in Bergamo anytime in the next year or so.....by the way I will still end up getting my ticket because like most Jambos I'm daft too. 

Apparently people were asking the club to let them buy STs.  

The club has obliged.

Can't really see what folk are complaining about.

My only complaint is when I went online I got all the way through to the purchase and got kicked out.

I'll try again tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But to repeat my earlier question  if you pay by credit do the club get any money until games resume? If not it may not help much.

How else can we pay other than

by card  ?

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How else can we pay other than

by card  ?

Debit card they'll get the cash up front presumably.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

credit card not credit.

credit card It comes out straight away.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

credit card not credit.

It comes out straight away,I’m pretty sure they don’t pass it on to the club until games are played.

An act of faith - just renewed mine hoping that the Coronavirus doesn't  get me before the scientists come up with a vaccine.

5 hours ago, credit card said:

I see a lot, lot, lot wrong with this. Football is not starting anytime soon. How can it when there is no proper Covid 19 testing and no vaccine for a best estimate of  between 12 to 18 months. 

Will we begin to do what Germany and Spain are doing and play behind closed doors first? I guess so but when will it start and for how long? 

Will social distancing apply when fans are allowed in? Will there be a 3 seat gap between all fans reducing capacity by 75% so only 5,000 fans will get in. Will the queue snake from Wheatfield Street to Luckies? Will mandatory temperature checks be needed before being allowed in?

How will public transport operate? How will supporters buses work? Social distancing for corporate facilities?

Who of us will still have their job? Who will have a job but with less hours and less pay? Don't think for one minute that income tax won't be increased by a heck of a lot to cover the "staying at home" period. It will - big time. What happens if Pandemic 2 happens?

All of these unanswered questions against the backdrop of a bunch of grossly underperforming players who are expecting us to stump up just 10% less than we paid out for this unfinished season (and maybe for a league below).

Ann needs to get focused on the now not months ahead. Go for Dundee's jugular and get the SPFL articles changed to get the immediate pay out to tick the club over just now but don't insult the intelligence of a support that have always backed the team to the hilt by asking us to fork out right now - for actually what? If the club runs out of money then so will most other clubs.

European places? Another SPFL joke on this vote. Oh aye bet loads of teams want to draw Atalanta in Bergamo anytime in the next year or so.....by the way I will still end up getting my ticket because like most Jambos I'm daft too. 

Jeez that is a depressing yet accurate summary of the world we now live in!

4 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

Thanks for that. That's our tickets renewed. I don't understand why the system had stopped me from managing my children's tickets as I had always managed them and hadn't asked for this to be changed. 

I understand there was a reset due to GDPR regulations  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

I don’t really know the difference. I don’t buy a season ticket just for the “big” games. A season ticket is affordable or it’s not.

Standard of football is poor enough in the top division. 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is indeed. :(

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And absolutely nothing to do with the fact that some of us requested the club to put them on sale. 

The club needs us to help if we can. 

There will still be a football club to run after the vuris is gone. 

Nobody need worry football stadiums will not open until its safe. 

Totally understand anyone having second thoughts about renewing at the moment, there's a million different things that could put fans off. 

Personally, the way the SPFL and other clubs in Scotland have knifed us in the back has pretty much made my mind up to renew my ST (albeit probably would've anyway). Buying now will get some money to the club at a much needed time, and hopefully see us in a much stronger financial position than some of these gutless clubs who have voted to shaft us. Few clubs in Scotland can boast as loyal a support as Hearts. 

132goals1958
17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will not be renewing until I am confident of there being no health risk.

Taking my age into account, that probably means until a vaccine is available, or until this is all over.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is for me.

You are a young buck compared to me. In all seriousness though health is by far the most important thing in our lives. Health is Wealth.  I note there is no restriction in terms of purchasing our seats so we do not have to agitate in terms of someone else planting their last verse on it.

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Club gets the money right away less the commission they are charged by credit card company. Normally anything between 1-3% depending on credit worthiness of the merchant.  When we came out of admin we had zero credit rating and the fee was probably in the higher single digits hence the reason the club asked fans to pay by other means if possible. 6 years down the line I’d think we are back, or close to back, to the normal 1-3% charge. 
Threre is no way credit card companies sit on the funds. They make money in three ways, fees charged to punters who want to use their cards, fees from merchants who want to receive payments via credit cards, and thirdly, and by far their biggest source of income, is  monthly interest payments on card balances. 

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

And absolutely nothing to do with the fact that some of us requested the club to put them on sale. 

The club needs us to help if we can. 

There will still be a football club to run after the vuris is gone. 

Nobody need worry football stadiums will not open until its safe. 

Yes I’m fully aware of that but that doesn’t change the fact that his observations sum up the horrendous place the world finds itself in with this virus!

Quick question that I hope someone can help with. Would the ticket office let me know if the guy behind me has renewed his season ticket? Reason being that, if he has, I'll be moving seats with my laddie. Sick of him and his jakey pal giving a mumbling incoherent commentary of the whole game, calling Hearts players m0ngos, saying he wished Levein had died and booing Hearts players ONTO the field. Can't be hooped with it. Does anyone know if the ticket office would let me know if he's renewed? 

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Quick question that I hope someone can help with. Would the ticket office let me know if the guy behind me has renewed his season ticket? Reason being that, if he has, I'll be moving seats with my laddie. Sick of him and his jakey pal giving a mumbling incoherent commentary of the whole game, calling Hearts players m0ngos, saying he wished Levein had died and booing Hearts players ONTO the field. Can't be hooped with it. Does anyone know if the ticket office would let me know if he's renewed? 

There will be plenty seats around the ground that you could move to. If I was you, I'd ask for seats somewhere else now, unless the seats you have are in a great viewing area. Trouble is, depending on where you are now, you might end up paying more. Sounds like it would be worth it though.

15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There will be plenty seats around the ground that you could move to. If I was you, I'd ask for seats somewhere else now, unless the seats you have are in a great viewing area. Trouble is, depending on where you are now, you might end up paying more. Sounds like it would be worth it though.

I really like the seats I'm in, as my laddie does, moving is not what we want but can't do another season of the two behind me. I'll have a think 👍

davemclaren
15 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll be renewing my 3 ST’s wether we play behind closed doors next year or not and wether we are in the premier or championship. HMFC are for life and not just for the good times. We take the lows which make the highs (too few and far between imo) even better. It’s not up for debate wether or not to renew as I’d feel it’s a dereliction of duty to abstain during these tough times.  The club need us more now than ever during this crisis. So for this reason alone I will be renewing. 

HHGH 🇱🇻

My thoughts as well. Let my jammies rustle. 

gerryjambo41

I renewed yesterday .

I've no idea when we might be able to see the Famous Heart of Midlothian again .

If everyone that can renew does renew hopefully we'll still have a club to moan about after this is all over .

Stay safe everyone  

12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Surely, buying with a credit cards is slightly different? I can't see Visa doing stage payments. They don't have the capability do they?

Thought Police
9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Standard of football is poor enough in the top division. 

You could argue that if the last season in the championship is anything to do by, it’ll be well worth the money. 

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

credit card not credit.

I meant credit card - typo. Through the club's arranged easy payment credit scheme I assume the club gets the money straight away. If with credit card the club only receives payment game by game then we may be bust by the time any payment is received by the club.

PS I see soonbe110 has answered. This issue has been discussed often and many have said credit card payments only got to the club game by game. It seemed to me hard to believe and soonbe110's interpretation makes more sense, and is consistent with the club no longer expressing a strong preference for alternative means like debit card or cash, the latter clearly not feasible at present anyway.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Hope you don’t sit right in front of me!!!

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I meant credit card - typo. Through the club's arranged easy payment credit scheme I assume the club gets the money straight away. If with credit card the club only receives payment game by game then we may be bust by the time any payment is received by the club.

PS I see soonbe110 has answered. This issue has been discussed often and many have said credit card payments only got to the club game by game. It seemed to me hard to believe and soonbe110's interpretation makes more sense, and is consistent with the club no longer expressing a strong preference for alternative means like debit card or cash, the latter clearly not feasible at present anyway.

You have it the wrong way round. The club gets the money immediately with a credit card less the merchants fee. Season tickets purchased on the credit facility (monthly payments) are released to the club game by game. The money just flows through the finance company every month and they retain their interest portion. 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

You could argue that if the last season in the championship is anything to do by, it’ll be well worth the money. 

Difficult decision in terrible circumstances to make. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have it the wrong way round. The club gets the money immediately with a credit card less the merchants fee. Season tickets purchased on the credit facility (monthly payments) are released to the club game by game. The money just flows through the finance company every month and they retain their interest portion. 

Thanks. My point was really about credit card payment (the credit facility only came into it because of a typo where I missed the word "card") People have certainly often argued  that credit card payment is drip fed to the club game by game but it seems not, which is good because that's how I have always paid. Or at least is good as long as the club uses the ST money over the season rather than splurging it before Christmas as in the dying days of the Vlad regime.

We dont know what league, who the manager will be and if the first lot of games will be behind closed doors.

Still renewing, need to help the club survive. Completely reasonable for people to hold off also until the SPFL shambles is sorted

Edited by MrBones

King Of The Cat Cafe
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

If you are Tesco and somebody buys groceries on a card then most likely you will get the money (minus fees) straight way.  But that is on the basis that the shopper has got goods to the value of the amount and is unlikely to need a refund.

On the other hand, the credit card processors - that is the people behind Visa and MasterCard - can hold on to a "rolling charge" in cases of holiday companies and airlines - and companies that have a record of financial woes: such as HMFC.

So, if I pay £450 for my season ticket, it is unlikely that the club will get the amount (after fees) straight way but will get it after a period of time.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

It's a hard decision. It's like booking a holiday at the moment. Obviously fans want to support the club the best they can but there's things to consider. 

When will the next season start? 

What league will we be in? 

What if it doesn't restart until next year?

What if there is a second epidemic after the summer? 

Then you have to consider market or economic conditions if you are paying on finance etc.. 

I can understand anyones reason who wishes to renew now. I can understand the clubs reasons for issuing season tickets and I can understand why folk might just hold off. 

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. My point was really about credit card payment (the credit facility only came into it because of a typo where I missed the word "card") People have certainly often argued  that credit card payment is drip fed to the club game by game but it seems not, which is good because that's how I have always paid. Or at least is good as long as the club uses the ST money over the season rather than splurging it before Christmas as in the dying days of the Vlad regime.

In our admin season our credit rating was such that the credit card company drip fed the money game by game because if we had gone bust the card company would have been jointly liable to repay for unused games, something to do with the sale of goods act. It may well be back to normal now with the club getting all the cash up front seen as we are a few years further on with hopefully a better credit rating.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, 1953 said:

In our admin season our credit rating was such that the credit card company drip fed the money game by game because if we had gone bust the card company would have been jointly liable to repay for unused games, something to do with the sale of goods act. It may well be back to normal now with the club getting all the cash up front seen as we are a few years further on with hopefully a better credit rating.

Thanks. There still seems a certain lack of clarity but I am comfortable that I am not hurting the club by paying by credit card because (a) they haven't this time suggested I would be … and (b) particularly in present times the club should be in any event carefully husbanding its ST money month by month over the season (whenever it is) anyway. FoH funding should help us stagger through in the meantime better than most clubs.

The more people that renew now the more stable the club will be and the better position we will be in to move forward.

We don't know many things, but we all want the club to survive and prosper. It might be a wee gamble renewing now, but you know it's worth it.

Many of us lost out in more risky times when Vlad was looking for money.

Get your card out - pay the money!

Libertarian
7 hours ago, stotty said:

Totally understand anyone having second thoughts about renewing at the moment, there's a million different things that could put fans off. 

Personally, the way the SPFL and other clubs in Scotland have knifed us in the back has pretty much made my mind up to renew my ST (albeit probably would've anyway). Buying now will get some money to the club at a much needed time, and hopefully see us in a much stronger financial position than some of these gutless clubs who have voted to shaft us. Few clubs in Scotland can boast as loyal a support as Hearts. 

Absolutely correct. I have never been so upset with the blinkered attitude of our fellow clubs here in Scotland. The commonsense solution would have been to award the title to Celtic but scrap relegation from all leagues. Promote the top 2 from Championship, League 1 & League 2 with 1 each coming up from the Lowland league and the Highland league. A top league of 14, play each other twice, split 7 + 7 play each other twice. Bottom 2 relegated 3rd bottom go into a play off. 38 games in total.

14 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Absolutely correct. I have never been so upset with the blinkered attitude of our fellow clubs here in Scotland. The commonsense solution would have been to award the title to Celtic but scrap relegation from all leagues. Promote the top 2 from Championship, League 1 & League 2 with 1 each coming up from the Lowland league and the Highland league. A top league of 14, play each other twice, split 7 + 7 play each other twice. Bottom 2 relegated 3rd bottom go into a play off. 38 games in total.

Far too sensible! Problem being that the bottom half clubs will typically want three home fixtures against Rangers/Celtic so will vote against (11 - 1 is a complete nonsense).

Season ticket purchased for another year come what may. As for the health risks for auld yins and watching The Hearts. ?.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. There still seems a certain lack of clarity but I am comfortable that I am not hurting the club by paying by credit card because (a) they haven't this time suggested I would be … and (b) particularly in present times the club should be in any event carefully husbanding its ST money month by month over the season (whenever it is) anyway. FoH funding should help us stagger through in the meantime better than most clubs.

Credit card companies have no legal right to withhold cash unless of course if directed by administrators.  Like all CC payments for goods all the money will be transferred to Hearts (in this case) in one amount.  

22 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

So called fans moaning about the price of ST’s and lost games from this year is incredible. Some looking for cheap deals if we go down a league. 😳 The same fans that moan why we can’t get high calibre players to sign for us along the likes of Stevie Naismith for instance. What kind of wages do you think we pay these players and why do you think we can sign them?

Between the lost games, sponsorship and pitch side advertising that I’ve paid upfront for, then I’m probably down around £2.5K. Does that bother me? No it doesn’t. Do I want reimbursed? Absolutely not!  It’s the price I pay to help my club out when it’s needed most! 

You do know that most clubs operate on a fraction of our budget and put a higher calibre team on the park most weeks. We were bottom after 30 games for a reason.

And given we are likely to be in the Championship next season now, with a budget massively exceeding everyone else in the league, then why not give something back to the fans? It’s not as if it would impact on our ability to put a decent team on the park. The only thing that will impact that is whether we keep recruiting the same way we have been.

20 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

You do know that most clubs operate on a fraction of our budget and put a higher calibre team on the park most weeks. We were bottom after 30 games for a reason.

And given we are likely to be in the Championship next season now, with a budget massively exceeding everyone else in the league, then why not give something back to the fans? It’s not as if it would impact on our ability to put a decent team on the park. The only thing that will impact that is whether we keep recruiting the same way we have been.

That’s it in a nutshell. The whole recruiting policy and contracts given out to date have been nothing short of criminal. All of this overseen by one person that was so out his depth it beggars belief. I’m sure if it’s announced he’s leaving then the uptake in ST’s will rise dramatically. As a side note, I hope the leagues are allowed to play out and we get 11th place. Somehow Dundee get 2nd place in the championship and we tear them a new one in the playoffs. Would please me no end 

TheGoodLord

My younger boy is in bits as it’s now dawning on him we’re now likely to be relegated. The last week has been very stressful as I’ve been trying to explain the crazy events as they’ve been unfolding I fully appreciate there are massively more stressful events happening right now but in a way this has been a bit of a diversion not that young kids understand the magnitude of matters just now. We (me and two boys) will renew our season tickets as I fear not doing so will possibly show the wrong message and more importantly it will rob me of cherished time spent with my boys as before I know it they will want to do there own thing. We took out our season tickets during the last Championship season so fingers crossed.