New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

IMO fans should definitely be involved in kit design and I guess the 3rd kit which was originally the FOH kit would be the place to start. 

I’ve said for a while we should get a choice of 3rd kits to choose from, and one with a sash may eventually be chosen. 

93DB7BBF-5C15-4783-B80D-189F3FF4688B.jpeg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think I've cracked the case. 

It's an unused prototype from last season. Umbro will have provided several options to the club, and we opted for the polka dots instead.

Same awkward shoulder seams. Same maroon cuffs. Same collar.

It's effectively the same exact shirt in every way albeit with a different pattern sublimated into the body. 

The lack of sponsor is because we hadn't yet finalised/agreed our partnership with Stellar Omada.

🕵‍♂️🕵‍♂️🕵‍♂️

Well done, I dont have any sponsor on last seasons away strip though Sherlock 😜

Are the shirts this season the same size as last season's ones?

Been a large with every Umbro shirt so far, just don't want to find out they've changed :lol:

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Bazaart_20230713_042942_809.png.8d6bfe6636d62beaa5c4d0ca9fd65587.png

Bazaart_20230713_042850_620.png.192e4c92e447bccf310f39db451a8a2e.png

:arry:

If we did that and even if it was the current badge instead that was in the big Heart , it would be our best selling kit if all time and they could probably double the number ordered

34 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

IMO fans should definitely be involved in kit design and I guess the 3rd kit which was originally the FOH kit would be the place to start. 

I remember fans were consulted on the design for the 2001/02 errea kit, and no one bought it, it was traditional old fashioned style kit, but obviously didn’t catch the kid’s attention.

IMG_0553.jpeg

Ghost the Umbro badge and darken the maroon, and it's full money shot material.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I remember fans were consulted on the design for the 2001/02 errea kit, and no one bought it, it was traditional old fashioned style kit, but obviously didn’t catch the kid’s attention.

IMG_0553.jpeg

far too shiny.  Available options were poor 

Diadora Van Basten

The cream colour similar to a cricket shirt is very cool and the badge is superb.

I had a 95-96 Newcastle away strip and it had cream shorts and a cream grandfather collar and it was one of my favourites.

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

IMG_0553.jpeg

Different times and a wider more diverse yet organised opinion could be sought. 

I quite like the training top that some one posted with the semi fading stripes . I have never like candy or pin stripes , but I liked that 

PhoenixHearts
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I quite like the training top that some one posted with the semi fading stripes . I have never like candy or pin stripes , but I liked that 

Turns out it wasn't a training top. Rejected away shirt prototype from last season.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Turns out it wasn't a training top. Rejected away shirt prototype from last season.

Ah thanks mate 

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think I've cracked the case. 

It's an unused prototype from last season. Umbro will have provided several options to the club, and we opted for the polka dots instead.

Same awkward shoulder seams. Same maroon cuffs. Same collar.

It's effectively the same exact shirt in every way albeit with a different pattern sublimated into the body. 

The lack of sponsor is because we hadn't yet finalised/agreed our partnership with Stellar Omada.

🕵‍♂️🕵‍♂️🕵‍♂️

21 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Is that right or have you just decided that’s what it is?

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That seems logical to me. Might even deflect from the transfer thread :laugh:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Been a large with every Umbro shirt so far, just don't want to find out they've changed :lol:

The home one is same as last season,I would say the away is slightly smaller so if you're getting thar you might want to go to xl.

Chizmeister
6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Something like this please 🤞

2023-07-13 13_57_45.334+0100.jpg

I kinda hate these mockups because we're then left dissapointed by what we end up with, this would be super however

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Yeah pretty much, the long sleeve home top and Blue GK top are slightly bigger than the short sleeve away kit 🤔😆

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

4 hours ago, bigdav said:

The home one is same as last season,I would say the away is slightly smaller so if you're getting thar you might want to go to xl.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah pretty much, the long sleeve home top and Blue GK top are slightly bigger than the short sleeve away kit 🤔😆

Cheers guys, 

Pink shirt with Skacel 19 in a Large ordered. It's more for the length of the shirt rather than the girth, I'm a lanky ******* :lol:

Sure it will be fine, but if you see it on eBay in a couple of weeks time, it's because it's too wee :lol:

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Cheers guys, 

Pink shirt with Skacel 19 in a Large ordered. It's more for the length of the shirt rather than the girth, I'm a lanky ******* :lol:

Sure it will be fine, but if you see it on eBay in a couple of weeks time, it's because it's too wee :lol:

Should be ok, Ive got a long body and they were long enough 👍🏽

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Is that right or have you just decided that’s what it is?

I've decided myself! But seriously think there's like a 95% chance I'm bang on. Nothing else makes sense.

It's the exact same shirt apart from the pattern. Dig out last seasons away if you have one. 

Compare the two if you want.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

IMG_0553.jpeg

I mind it well, it looked great on the screen but cheap and shiny in the flesh.

We also had a say in the first Hummel IIRC, but it was placing of the Hummel logo and colour of shorts or something daft.

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I've decided myself! But seriously think there's like a 95% chance I'm bang on. Nothing else makes sense.

It's the exact same shirt apart from the pattern. Dig out last seasons away if you have one. 

Yeah I buy it, like you say the cut and collar were repeated across their range last season, and you don't normally see these things repeated into the next season.

9 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Looks like “anything we can do, Thistle can do better”…

IMG_1531.webp

Ours is better  . Think they have had pink away tops a couple of times in the past though to be fair to them 

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ours is better  . Think they have had pink away tops a couple of times in the past though to be fair to them 

Yeah, they’ve had a number of “innovative” tops in recent years!

I think you’re right though - ours has the edge.

A_A wehatethehibs
14 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Darker maroon and no trim on the sleeve and it’d be almost perfect. 

11 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Lose the bands on the arms and darken the maroon. 👍 

13 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Ghost the Umbro badge and darken the maroon, and it's full money shot material.

All wrong. The too-dark dingy cool kids maroon is a modern thing. 

The lighter more fiery optimistic shade closer to red is classical and therefore befitting of any nod to history. 

The darker shade we have switched to in the modern day is not as good as the colour worn by true PHM teams:

IMG_3069.jpeg.893451ab4b1a254a50d3d417378bc1b9.jpeg

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

All wrong. The too-dark dingy cool kids maroon is a modern thing. 

The lighter more fiery optimistic shade closer to red is classical and therefore befitting of any nod to history. 

The darker shade we have switched to in the modern day is not as good as the colour worn by true PHM teams:

IMG_3069.jpeg.893451ab4b1a254a50d3d417378bc1b9.jpeg

Agreed to an extent. I personally prefer the darker maroon cos im deep and mysterious.

However i agree its kinda new unless someone knows different? I grew up watching Hearts in "brighter" maroons.

Shame cos the dark shade would've taken pounds off Robbo!

13 hours ago, jbee647 said:

IMG_0553.jpeg

From what I recall, it was pretty much done at half time at a midweek game, with this one being the option that had the loudest applause.

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed to an extent. I personally prefer the darker maroon cos im deep and mysterious.

However i agree its kinda new unless someone knows different? I grew up watching Hearts in "brighter" maroons.

In 95 to 97 Pony put us in stripes with from what I can recall at the time, very little uproar. The only time we've had stripes as our home kit ever I think? 

Bungalow Bill
15 hours ago, Sertse said:

Just seen on Twitter

20230713_175550.jpg

15 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

What’s with the criss cross design? Hopefully a fake as it’s another shocker. 

I think it looks superb. 

A_A wehatethehibs
38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Lighter shade = bombastic swashbuckling confidence, brash, bold, no fear. Much like the teams of the day 

Darker shade = tryhard to be “sophisticated” but just a bit gloomy and dull. Much like the teams of today 

I say NO to ever darkening maroon

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, Costanza said:

That's ace, would be a massive seller.

Posted this earlier in the thread (but none of you f@nnies responded) as a fan owned club, is there no scope to have fans design and vote on strip design if only for the 3rd/Foundation strip?

More likely to sell more and increase fan engagement with the club.

Would be a great idea to have a "competition" to design future strips. It would give the club and manufacturer a better idea of what would be popular, collar type, trim style etc

37 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Would be a great idea to have a "competition" to design future strips. It would give the club and manufacturer a better idea of what would be popular, collar type, trim style etc

Great idea. It’s relatively easy to do and you can use Umbro templates to get greater accuracy. 

Sometimes wonder what the actual kit designers are doing. Easy job to get right.

Pasquale for King

I think the darker maroon is the original one, hard to tell obviously but it looks pretty dark in this photo compared to Mackay in the 50s. The 70s was more reddish. 

ACD0BC90-C3F5-42C3-BB24-7E7EA137FD33.jpeg

F546DDBA-74FD-4D8F-9D98-9FBF760ACB35.jpeg

BB176762-67BC-4723-A506-3DFE23731B36.jpeg

E151DC6D-D728-4705-BD78-CA1C1BEC339B.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

It sounds like a no brainer to me but maybe there are some commercial constraints that prevent it being considered but asa fan owned club, you'd hope we had more scope

Bad Religion
10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

You may well be right. 

I like it anyway. If it was to become our third strip this season, would be the best imo. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the darker maroon is the original one, hard to tell obviously but it looks pretty dark in this photo compared to Mackay in the 50s. The 70s was more reddish. 

ACD0BC90-C3F5-42C3-BB24-7E7EA137FD33.jpeg

F546DDBA-74FD-4D8F-9D98-9FBF760ACB35.jpeg

BB176762-67BC-4723-A506-3DFE23731B36.jpeg

E151DC6D-D728-4705-BD78-CA1C1BEC339B.jpeg

Donal Ford....Have we signed him?........Where's the scarf over the head?

Edited by Hashimoto

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Donal Ford....Have we signed him?........Where's the scarf over the head?

I can’t comment on that thread now 😆, we could do with a reincarnation of anyone in these photos. 

The Hogfather

There's Motherwell releasing a maroon away kit. Which they won't be able to wear against Hearts or Aberdeen.

Makes sense.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

There's Motherwell releasing a maroon away kit. Which they won't be able to wear against Hearts or Aberdeen.

Makes sense.

Kits are more commercial opportunity than practical alternatives these days.  We all best get with the program. 😄

Samuel Camazzola
38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bazaart_20230714_040547_523.thumb.png.181774e48833c8d730be6c26227ace77.png

Bazaart_20230714_040015_706.jpeg.887bc19004b42d891b8eb59403c8f24f.jpeg

Ditch the Foundation logo. A small version of this on the back of the neck would be suffice. 👍 

47 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ditch the Foundation logo. A small version of this on the back of the neck would be suffice. 👍 

1998 tribute 

Bazaart_20230714_053616_290.thumb.png.132fef097478347363b51ca5b89f5178.png

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

1998 tribute 

Bazaart_20230714_053616_290.thumb.png.132fef097478347363b51ca5b89f5178.png

I'd feel like a Care Bear wearing that.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)