New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

Rocky jamboa
9 minutes ago, Elmo said:

A bunch of middle aged men moaning about a strip that is not even aimed at them lol 

The people it’s aimed at the ones who actually comprise the bulk of buyers of an away top And have the figure for it. Will love it.

Who is it aimed at?? There's plenty middle aged men who buy our strips!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Looks like Us and Hibs are having a competition for the shittiest  strip 

It's softened the let down at least! Wtf is going on with their collar!

Purple has to be one of the easiest strip colours to design with because it's a nice colour in general. Look at Fiorentina. How Leith bams manage to make it so disgusting is actually impressive.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Minging, just needs a rainbow trim to finish it off.

Get a grip ffs. 

hughesie27
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It won’t be a best seller.  No doubt they will try and spin it but it just won’t be.

It's good to cover the bases. Deny it will be a best seller. But just incase it is it will be a lie.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

I don't dislike the away but making an away kit in colours that aren't going to be worn against the likes of Aberdeen is daft.

3 kits every season is taking the pish in my opinion.

We do the third every 2 seasons to be fair 

ArcticJambo
39 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Hoping third kit is a Nod to the first kit 

heart_of_midlothian-1873-1876-bk.gif

:sweeet:

I'd be all over that, but, but the kids wouldn't, etc, etc.

kingantti1874
Just now, hughesie27 said:

It's good to cover the bases. Deny it will be a best seller. But just incase it is it will be a lie.

😂🤣

Skivingatwork

Was underwhelmed by the home kit but the away kit is a shocker.

All my opinion of course but I’d be surprised if there’s a big uptake on the away effort.

7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

:rofl:

If we produce a rainbow third kit then nobody will ever convince me otherwise 

hughesie27
16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Presumably they've worn their old kits or away kits at home to prevent a clash, not create one?

I also didn't say avoiding clashes was the priority...I said demarcation of your team is the first and foremost point of a football kit. If that ends up similar to another team, then you'd wear a different one.

Demarcation/Avoiding a clash. Same thing.

Previously teams would stick to similar colours. Hearts home Maroon, away White. That prevented clashes. It was a priority. Now the priority is to design a kit they think will sell well. We now end up with home teams needing to wear their away kit on occasion becuase of this shift.

KyleLafferty

If it helps, the shop is absolutely rammed. Pink kit is flying off the shelves. Good news for the coin purse.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We do the third every 2 seasons to be fair 

Aye, yer right enough actually. I went a bit kneejerk there.

I stand by my point about the colour scheme being too close to the likes of Aberdeen. 

Batistuta87
38 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Brilliant top !!   Really like that.

Still working thru the posts so not seen the whole kit combined but the top looks superb.  Not sure about the history link to that shade of pink though.

We're basically Real Madrid 😉

image.png.400cb06ed46a73e4cdaf79b91e5e7a5a.png

In all seriousness though I might have preferred black or white shorts ala Palermo/Juventus

image.png.607bbbf4591b7440228755db1cdd8145.png

image.png.ac3a42d4712df9e8cbfc7733476d10b9.png

Edited by Batistuta87

ArcticJambo
40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs bringing Purple back again.

They ****ed it up with the thick braid!  Who comes up with these designs, clueless.  opinions. etc!

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If it helps, the shop is absolutely rammed. Pink kit is flying off the shelves. Good news for the coin purse.

Never in doubt , it will sell by the cart load 

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Would have been better with dark navy shorts. All pink is a bit much.

Yep I hope we don’t look like a team of rubber jonnys 

59 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

People who hate it. Nearing 50 years old or over.

Yep I’m 56 and hate it though on the flip side to your comment both my eldest son and daughter aged 26 & 20 hate it as well.

Not sure what my youngest son aged 23 thinks of it but being an Arsenal fan he’d probably like it.

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Demarcation/Avoiding a clash. Same thing.

Previously teams would stick to similar colours. Hearts home Maroon, away White. That prevented clashes. It was a priority. Now the priority is to design a kit they think will sell well. We now end up with home teams needing to wear their away kit on occasion becuase of this shift.

Not the same thing. You can demarcate a team without having an opponent, you can't clash without one though.

Commercial factors are of course now much more important than they were.

First and foremost though, a football kit is to signify that a set of players are on the same team otherwise they'd probably wear a different kit for each player to sell even more.

I'm a little disappointed with both kits this season. Home isn't bad by any stretch - I quite like it, but its our 150th year anniversary. I was kind of hoping for a kit that would be on a par with the 2014 kit. Its a good kit for any other season, but given its such a big year for us, I'd have liked something a bit better and more memorable. I appreciate there are subtle wee details on it, but yeah. Bit flat. Away, is just a bit bland and boring. I think again, with it being an anniversary year, we should really have stuck to something more traditional (white/ inverse of the home kit) - I know its only a kit and stuff, but 150th anniversary is a milestone and it doesn't seem like a particularly special attempt for the occasion. 

Lets hope the 3rd kit knocks it out the park.  

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm a little disappointed with both kits this season. Home isn't bad by any stretch - I quite like it, but its our 150th year anniversary. I was kind of hoping for a kit that would be on a par with the 2014 kit. Its a good kit for any other season, but given its such a big year for us, I'd have liked something a bit better and more memorable. I appreciate there are subtle wee details on it, but yeah. Bit flat. Away, is just a bit bland and boring. I think again, with it being an anniversary year, we should really have stuck to something more traditional (white/ inverse of the home kit) - I know its only a kit and stuff, but 150th anniversary is a milestone and it doesn't seem like a particularly special attempt for the occasion. 

Next season will be our 150th anniversary kit.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I was really hoping they'd be doing something like new versions of old tops, each one from a specific year. For example, home one modelled on the 1977 strip. Away on the 1873. Something like that. Instead it seems they've told Umbro it's the 150 year anniversary and they've just went 'yeah sound we'll put a logo on the back'. 

Jack Torrance
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

At last. Glad it's not just me. Nice wee detail with the crest on this one though. A taster.

With this effort being launched as our away kit does this put to bed any chance we had of bringing a bruising no nonsense centre half on board???

only joking before anyone takes this the wrong way 🎃🎃🎃🎃

Not a fan of our away kit. Didn’t really like the home kit but think I’ll be buying that ahead of the away one! Hopefully we get a nice 3rd kit for the anniversary. Don’t know why all these people on social media are kicking off about it being a kit for women. I hate it, my mum hates it and most of the other women I know who follow Hearts also hate it 😂 

Certainly beats the Hibs away one though. I know I might be biased but that has to be up there with one of the worst kits this season so far. Purple and green 🤮 that lot seem to lap it up but I couldn’t think of 2 more horrible colours to combine for a football kit. Add in that Bevvy sponsor and that’s a shocker 

Think the away kit is a shocker but I’m old and haven’t bought one since last Adidas which I loved.

I haven’t liked a West Ham strip since they started putting London on the badge and lost the castle.

Edited by Jamhammer

henryheart

The away kit is horrible. I won't be buying one, even when it goes on sale.

The only good thing about it is that by this time next year it will have been consigned to the bin and hopefully the club will recognise, in our 150th year, that the club colours are maroon and white; nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, 19052012 said:

I don't dislike the away but making an away kit in colours that aren't going to be worn against the likes of Aberdeen is daft.

3 kits every season is taking the pish in my opinion.

Why is it taking the pish? 

No one is forcing anyone to buy kits - it's a product. It's not the same as season ticket prices, buying a kit is absolutely optional for fans. And having three choices rather than two would normally be considered better. 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Looks like Us and Hibs are having a competition for the shittiest  strip 

Hibs win by a landslide !!!  Their trim is utterly bowfin’ 

Portable Badger

image.png.db00b586fac7891696c350c37ed1aa67.png

I havent checked but does anyone know if this bad boy is being sold in 5XL?

Im off to Santa Ponsa in 3 weeks and I fancy strutting the seafront like a preened flamingo !!!!

Not gonna lie folks I absolutely love it. It’ll also sell very very well which is never a bad thing

44 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I hope so! My understanding from the gate and the wee logo is that they're considering it this year? 

colinmorewasgash

Hideous  be ok fr goalie or women as a fashion top but it isnt that much different to home so when we play sheep 3rd kit it is. 150 anniversary away should have been 70s ajax style top and thts best we come up with embarrassing, budge please retire soon, until she goes we won't do anything challenge old firm won't even challenge hibs or sheep this season, a club throughout our history when player gets choice of us sheep or hibs would normally 9 times out of 10 would choose us from youth to first team not now they now would rather go to sheep or ann brother team. 10 out of 11 years since shes been in charge sheep above us and hibs were also 4 times above us since they came back up and 2 championship wins thts budges legacy. From top to bottom club is amateurish don't even appoint manager with right badges, And for record im not anti women or anti gay my daughter is gay. Just think its stupid away strip. But i'll be still going to watch us in my 50th year watching since first game in 1973. Even if old misery nowadays lol. 

kingantti1874
Just now, boag1874 said:

Not gonna lie folks I absolutely love it. It’ll also sell very very well which is never a bad thing

when pretty much everyone says they don’t like it.  Including the kids.  How do you draw the conclusion - best seller. 🤣 

I hope I’m wrong but I’m probably not 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Hideous  be ok fr goalie or women as a fashion top but it isnt that much different to home so when we play sheep 3rd kit it is. 150 anniversary away should have been 70s ajax style top and thts best we come up with embarrassing, budge please retire soon, until she goes we won't do anything challenge old firm won't even challenge hibs or sheep this season, a club throughout our history when player gets choice of us sheep or hibs would normally 9 times out of 10 would choose us from youth to first team not now they now would rather go to sheep or ann brother team. 10 out of 11 years since shes been in charge sheep above us and hibs were also 4 times above us since they came back up and 2 championship wins thts budges legacy. From top to bottom club is amateurish don't even appoint manager with right badges, And for record im not anti women or anti gay my daughter is gay. Just think its stupid away strip. But i'll be still going to watch us in my 50th year watching since first game in 1973. Even if old misery nowadays lol. 

You certainly got the last sentence right. 😂

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

when pretty much everyone says they don’t like it.  Including the kids.  How do you draw the conclusion - best seller. 🤣 

Amazing the contrast you get. 😎

hughesie27
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This kit aside, over the years kickback had time and time again proven that it's not a great reflection on most Hearts fans for a lot of topics.

kingantti1874
Just now, hughesie27 said:

This kit aside, over the years kickback had time and time again proven that it's not a great reflection on most Hearts fans for a lot of topics.

Maybe.  The fact both my 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son went . “ That’s horrible.” means my money is safe.  

I was all for a pink strip but think we’ve done a poor job.  Tacky looking.  

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs bringing Purple back again.

I thought ours was bad, then Hibs come along, and do what Hibs always do! 😂

been here before

That pink effort is ****in hinging.

£55 :rofl:

Mugs will lap it up.

Edited by been here before

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)