Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The amount of money she has squandered is that of the Vlad era. The job creation one is important to mention right now. So many people on our payroll that do luxury jobs. It is crippling us. Loan managers, under 16 girls kit man (or some pish) etc etc. It is bad enough we need to pay diabolical signings like Loic Damour for the next 40 months.

A state of the art pitch to the tune of £1.5 million that now costs us more than our last one to maintain and is the poorest in the league. All because of her Ann Budge Foundation decision to host a free concert even though the pitch had not really settled yet. It could not take the strain. 

Then there is the unfinished stand that was 100% OVER budget. We still have the mass failures who caused this mess withdrawing salaries from us ffs.

Her '5 year project' is clear to see. Our Hibs loving owner has crippled us. Most never called it early on (I did) but most see it now.

Putting feelings to one side is it not more important to consider that there will be folk at the club who work in the background 24/7 and who’s livelihoods may be at stake ?

Thats where our thoughts should be at the moment. Not with some of the waster players who are having their salaries cut but the folk who do the hard yard in the background keeping the club going - groundstaff right through to the fecking tea lady 

considering we don’t even know where and when this ends identifying whether you were right or wrong personally with bold predictions in the past should be the furthest thought from anyone’s minds at the moment 

Take a deep breath ...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

All clubs will have to do this. We should have waited till others had started rather than being the first as the papers will be all over this, they will change their tune when Rangers and the rest do it.

Edited by dsk1210

Very strong chance we will go under like most clubs.  This step had to be taken now.  This situation may last 12 months in which case it’s all over for Scottish football.

joondalupjambo

As always the worst off will be hit the most.  Some poor admin member being asked to take a 50% pay cut might break them.  I am hoping that in the background the players, led by Naismith get it and perhaps do a deal with Ann.  Say along the lines take 40% of my money and spread the other 10% across the support staff where needed.  Maybe even some staff saying take more than 50% of my wages and share it out.  Obviously nobody needs to do this but there will be some pretty well off people employed by the club.  I am sure that this will be discussed.    If we came out that we were doing this it would put pressure on the other clubs to think along these lines.

People are losing their jobs all over the place, entire industries are going down the shitter but let's blame Ann. 

The clubs will the highest costs will be hit hardest by no income, except Celtic obviously. 

The Huns must be in dire straits and the sheep must be on the same boat as us. Motherwell and hibs won't be far behind. 

The next few days should be interesting to say the least

gashauskis9

Here’s my theory.  I think the players and management have already agreed to this prior to the announcement.  I’m also going to predict that Naismith and perhaps a few of the higher earners will wave their entire wage for the next few months to subsidise the lower earners and office staff.  Let’s see how the media handles that one.

gashauskis9
17 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

People are losing their jobs all over the place, entire industries are going down the shitter but let's blame Ann. 

The clubs will the highest costs will be hit hardest by no income, except Celtic obviously. 

The Huns must be in dire straits and the sheep must be on the same boat as us. Motherwell and hibs won't be far behind. 

The next few days should be interesting to say the least

Rangers will wait until they’ve exhausted every credit facility available before they throw the towel in.  There’s no way they’ll be as transparent as us.

5 hours ago, Satchmo said:

We’re actually lucky Ann is still around. If she’d handed over the reigns a few months ago, this could have been a complete disaster.

What are you actually on about?  

There must be some kind of level ground here.  One extreme to the other man.

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Here’s my theory.  I think the players and management have already agreed to this prior to the announcement.  I’m also going to predict that Naismith and perhaps a few of the higher earners will wave their entire wage for the next few months to subsidise the lower earners and office staff.  Let’s see how the media handles that one.

It wasn’t an announcement.  It was a memo to players and staff leaked.  No danger all of them will have agreed to this otherwise Fraser Wishart wouldn’t have been contacted right away yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not all players, but most. 

I suspect over the coming weeks and months there is a an awful lot of people that will bite your hand off for a 50% wage cut, especially those who've been told to go home for months with no end in sight.

To even suggest Mrs B has made an error here is ludicrous in the extreme and shows a real lack of what's going on outside their insular little bubble you live in.

It's really difficult to comment on anything on here these days when you have a thread about depression running currently in the Shed that seriously helps a lot of posters on here.

If your not a Hibs troll then I suggest you take some time out and head over to the Shed and have a good read about what goes on in the outside world and that help is readily available. 

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Prof said:

A Hibs troll yes but somebody who loves Hearts so any comment I make is because Hearts are part of my life. For the record, Gordon was about 10:yards out , hit the ball well and the Killie goalie made a good save at the Gorgie end. The site of Killie players celebrating a league title at Tynecastle sickened us all that day.

Back in those days hibs fans went to Tynecastle and vice versa. You being there proves absolutely nothing. I wasn’t born but I know of the Gordon chance so your point is pretty moot. 
I have to admit to have been suspicious about you before. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Players and staff on low wages were not asked to take the cut. There is a threshold. This isn’t great news but it’s about Long term survival rather than immediate money troubles. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Do people not understand basic arithmetic or something? 

Our outgoings on staff must be 200k per week at the lowest estimate. We've got about 40 playing staff on an average of 2k a week, so 80k alone. 

Then you've got Utilities, repair & maintenance, the Stand, food and drink orders etc... Let's say our expenditure is £350k p/w

Then you've got months worth of stock which will need thrown out. I. E. Food and drink... Etc.. 

Our current income is very little. Whatever the shop makes a week plus maybe some money due to us. A trickle at best. 

No income in 8 weeks, we're probably talking £2,800,000 in losses. 

Add a potential relegation into the mix, our revenue could be down as much as £4million. 

That's us with no debt or creditors. What are the rest of the clubs finances like? 

Rangers must be absolutely haemmoraging money. St Johnstone are already toiling. 

It doesn't look good at all. 

It’s as if people have self isolated from the News , the governing body dancing to the tune of Celtic one minute 

then rangers the next , This isn’t going away any time soon and the quicker decisions are made that help save all 

the clubs the better, whether it’s restructuring or they null and void the league and its status quo or relegate as it stands they need to

make a decision . Then planning can begin clubs need to be flexible to encourage fans to cough up for season tickets 

The league also needs to leave gaps next season for high profile Friendlies that can be used to generate cash for all teams 

That clown Budge is factoring in the semi final as being a big part of the problem with the fact we're not getting the revenue from that - we only got into the semi final a few weeks ago so were we sailing quite close to edge anyhow??beggars belief we've got idiots like Levein and Mcphee etc still leeching a wage from the club after the mess they presided over 

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

That clown Budge is factoring in the semi final as being a big part of the problem with the fact we're not getting the revenue from that - we only got into the semi final a few weeks ago so were we sailing quite close to edge anyhow??beggars belief we've got idiots like Levein and Mcphee etc still leeching a wage from the club after the mess they presided over 

There are no words for the level of stupidity in this post. 

10/10 

As im not one for reading accounts etc can someone answer the following.

Has Ann been paid back?

What funds do F.o.H.have (roughly)?

Do we have a debt to a bank?

Do we still have a balance to pay for works completed in stand?

Jambos4life

I’m starting to think that this is a extra precaution, there is no way that we are anywhere near the worst financial team,this maybe one damage limitation and also to make the spfl realise that the league needs to be ended so we can all sell season tickets ect and move on for next season. Every team apart from Celtic will all be looking at figures right now and thinking the same thing. The fact is yes we have came out first publicly but this will be right through the league’s. But that only confirms to me that Ann Budge thinks like a business owner and not like a football fan.this will pay off in the long run

1 minute ago, Jambos4life said:

I’m starting to think that this is a extra precaution, there is no way that we are anywhere near the worst financial team,this maybe one damage limitation and also to make the spfl realise that the league needs to be ended so we can all sell season tickets ect and move on for next season. Every team apart from Celtic will all be looking at figures right now and thinking the same thing. The fact is yes we have came out first publicly but this will be right through the league’s. But that only confirms to me that Ann Budge thinks like a business owner and not like a football fan.this will pay off in the long run

Precisely.

Also how do you set a user to ignore when using this website on your phone? Can anyone help me?

9 minutes ago, rory78 said:

One out one in 😂

husref musemic
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Due to her severe disregard for HMFC as a football CLUB it has resulted in each year finishing lower in the league than the previous year then subsequently reducing the budget accordingly. Her entire business plan (hospitality) can mainly be realised on matchdays but with such an underperforming team matchdays have almost completely lost all appeal. We are ****ed. She has destroyed us. We have lost our stadium and soul and we are about to be right back to where we began with her. At least there were good times under Vlad. Queen Ann has provided misery, pretty much every week.

Hamilton and St Mirren will budget for a relegation battle but we were just not prepared for this. Paying the wages of Aberdeen for the results and performances of Hamilton and this is the result. Infact Hamilton have better results than us. 

why don't you take a day/year off (everyone's frigged, not just us) and let other people speak. 

i think everyone's aware of your opinion.

btw most of your gripes - see Craig Levein.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Has Ann been paid back?

Yes

No idea

Don't believe so

No

22 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Players and staff on low wages were not asked to take the cut. There is a threshold. This isn’t great news but it’s about Long term survival rather than immediate money troubles. 

I probably agree.  Clarification would be nice though.  Letting any player leave for free (even with transfer value) says total and utter desperation which wouldn’t make any sense with cash reserves available from the FOH?  Is this a joint decision with Ann Budge? I’m sure trying to sell Hickey for £1m or £2 would have been a decent short term measure instead of asking Liam Boyce he has to reduce a massive wage he only signed up for a few months ago. 

Edited by Last Laff

19 minutes ago, rory78 said:

how thick are you ? 
She never budgeted factoring the £0.5m in for the semi.

Its lost revenue that would have helped immeasurably.

22 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

It’s as if people have self isolated from the News , the governing body dancing to the tune of Celtic one minute 

then rangers the next , This isn’t going away any time soon and the quicker decisions are made that help save all 

the clubs the better, whether it’s restructuring or they null and void the league and its status quo or relegate as it stands they need to

make a decision . Then planning can begin clubs need to be flexible to encourage fans to cough up for season tickets 

The league also needs to leave gaps next season for high profile Friendlies that can be used to generate cash for all teams 

You think the huns are going to ask players and management to halve their wages and if not Morelos can leave for free?  

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

how thick are you ? 
She never budgeted factoring the £0.5m in for the semi.

Its lost revenue that would have helped immeasurably.

If the £0.5m isn’t factored then it shouldn’t count as operating loses at this time which has lead to this situation, it’s merely a bonus (a *** big juicy tasty one at this time nonetheless) 

Jambo, Goodbye

Not even going to read through this thread,  I know how it's likely played out.

But I'm glad the club have taken action. It must be very difficult to run any business when you're completely in the dark as to when your main income may reappear. I'm sure there are many smaller businesses in gorgie and around many of Scotland's stadiums struggling right now. They'll be desperate for football to return to normal. 

Silver lining,  at least we're finally paying some of these players what they actually deserve!

Just now, Last Laff said:

If the £0.5m isn’t factored then it shouldn’t count as operating loses at this time which has lead to this situation, it’s merely a bonus (a *** big juicy tasty one at this time nonetheless) 

Its exactly that.  She said we were losing the £1m income due to the cancellation of fixtures.

Or in layman’s terms cash flow into the club

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, viva hate said:

Hearts are always leading the way, watch other clubs follow suit. 

Exactly the media frenzy by the usual supects will soon change their biased tune when all the other clubs follow suit

Well I have had a night to sleep on it and think for ages before getting to sleep. I have to come back and say that what AB has done is exactly the right thing. It is a set of circumstances that , I don't think, have ever arisen before and swift action is required. AB is first and foremost a business woman and I think her actions supersede the inaction noted by other football clubs who have CEO's who are not as savvy when it comes to money matters. I think she recognises the gravity of the situation better and wants to insulate Hearts as best she can. Let us be plain here while other teams fans may be sitting back saying look at Hearts they must be in shit having to do that but the truth is NO FOOTBALL CLUB CAN AFFORD TO SPEND MONEY THEY DO NOT EARN ! and to do so would be much more damaging to any club long term. In short if we manage to get our players to accept wage cuts and other teams do not try to do the same we will come out of this episode in much better shape than teams who do not. For example to all the hibs fans laughing their dicks of at this move by Hearts. This current period of clubs not earning money could last for months and all the money you spend over that period will never find its way back to your coffers... your CEO/owner is already asking you to pay for infrastructure improvements he is not going to pony up to replace money spent paying players who are not earning money for the club.

Edited by jock _turd

Back in 2003 when I was made redundant £18,000 was my basic wage and I could go up to around £25,000 with ot and bonus and at the time I thought I was well paid for what I did but it still needed my wife`s wage to make us at the time comfortable, now 18k is the min wage. Just goes to show how much has changed since then.

I really feel for the club, to hell with anyone who mocks us, cut off from it it will affect so many soon.

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Has Ann been paid back?

FF will have the answers but I’m sure yes she has but has loaned a chunk of her money back to the club. Not a lot in the FoH bank account. Only real debt is to Budge. Probably, can’t remember but it can’t be much because major work has been in hold for a while now. 
Wonder how  many I got wrong? 

12 hours ago, Prof said:

New definition of success seems to be buying Hearts for £2.5 m. , collecting FOH money amounting to £8.2 million and expecting to stay on as CEO. Some people might call it a scam.

So you are this Ozyhibby character from Hibs.net then?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 hours ago, Effervesance said:

Post of the thread.

I’m also self employed and 2008/9 were horrendous. Huge recession, cheap labour from the Poles and lucky to get 2 jobs a week. I literally went without food to pay bills. Had to get the bus to jobs as I never had a tenner to put diesel in the van. This virus is likely to cause a similar set of circumstances.

AB has made a difficult but correct call. It would be simple to hope things pan out but if it never? We don’t know when this pandemic will be under control so cut our cloth early and make sure we come out the other side relatively unscathed.

If players can’t accept a pay cut for whatever reason they shouldn’t be hounded. If one of the young lads has a £1000 mortgage based on £4000 minimum income can we chastise them for seeking a better deal elsewhere? It’s not all about loyalty and playing for the shirt as much as we’d like it to be. Players have bills just like the rest of us.

😂😂😂

Which clubs will be signing anyone let alone offering bumper packages?

I understand your point but no club will be signing anyone for months

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I predict that in six weeks time, 10% of the posters on this thread will be drinking their own pish and eating their own feet, surrounded by toilet roll. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Zico said:

I predict that in six weeks time, 10% of the posters on this thread will be drinking their own pish and eating their own feet, surrounded by toilet roll. 

You mean they aren't already?

53 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Has Ann been paid back?

Yes and likely no.

The CVA purchase @ £2.4m yes however per the accounts as at June 19:-

BidCo was due £870k short term funding and AB a personal loan of £702k.

She mentioned at AGM that the club was due her £1.6m that she anticipated to be paid back within 2 years 

95% iirc of all FOH funds goes to BidCo or the club in one way or another so not a lot. 

Leasing of £206k as at end June 

Everything is else inter company loans. Bidco purchase £2.4m (now paid) and £1.5m ish per above 

Im sure AB intimated at AGM everything for work done would be paid up to date and in full by end December 2019

Edited by DETTY29

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Make no mistake, other clubs will follow suit, we’re just ahead of the curve. 

Spot on.

Hector Riva
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Spot on.Thats what Im thinking and hoping for. HHGH

9 hours ago, NB GIN said:

And just you continue to bury your head in the sand 

question for you .,., what other club has raised 9 million from fans in SPL and is in financial difficulties..., think you need to open your eyes 

🙄

I think you're mistaking financial safeguarding with financial difficulties.

Every club in the league could well end up in financial difficulty over this, including Celtic who have over £30M in the bank. By asking staff to take a reduction in wages now it buys as much time as possible later as no one realistically has any idea when we will come out of the other end and begin to operate as normal again.

I don't get why that's so hard to understand? 

I can't be ersed reading through all the trolling and gnashing of teeth on this thread but saw on Sky news that the employees have refused Ann's request, wonder what happens now.

bigsuperslim1874

This is when the ITK’ers need to chip in with some info! Have the players broadly already agreed this in advance of the media finding out?

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, graygo said:

I can't be ersed reading through all the trolling and gnashing of teeth on this thread but saw on Sky news that the employees have refused Ann's request, wonder what happens now.

Employees as in bar/office staff etc?

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Has Ann been paid back?

GK was correct in his answers above.

1. We don't know if the £100k for the  shares has been handed as yet, or has been used as working capital..

2. FOH have no free "funds" as such unless they have been retaining pledges. The pledges (less a small amount retained for Admin purposes) are handed over at the end of each month.

3. There is no known debt to a Bank. As per the accounts and, the club had two debts to AB, a loan facility to June 2020 of £1m (£702k drawn down at AGM time), and a short term facility which stood at £870k. The former was in relation to the redevelopment and the latter was used for smooth out the cash flow.

4. All outstanding payments for the stand were due to be paid off at the end of last year, including £485k to JB Contracts. The club didn't have funding in place for the £1.5m required to fit out the second floor.  

The club had budgeted on breaking even over this financial year, but was forecasting a deficit of £400k at the AGM.

Edited by Footballfirst

tolcross lad
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I remember at last years AGM being disappointed that we were owing £1.6m to Bidco and Ann Budge .I naively thought that it would have been the boards responsibility to ensure that the club would be debt free at the point of fan ownership.

This debt must be a significant factor in current circumstances .

15 hours ago, Politbordeaux said:

Step up all the Hearts fans who don't donate to FOH and divert funds to help the club.

I think there might be several thousand Hearts fans more worried about whether they have a house and a job in 3 months time rather than chucking more money at a private business who have made poor and costly decisions in the last 3-4 years.

2 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Employees as in bar/office staff etc?

Not sure, it came across the moving news at the bottom of the screen. I just caught it before it moved on to something else.