Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

2 hours ago, Jee said:

I couldn't give a toss about what you think.

Cheers.

Nae bother. I’ll leave you to your Hibs pish then. Toodles. 👋

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I'm guessing you'd probably rather she'd sold to Ron Gordon or that loony American Barnsley owner guy when they approached her. That's another benefit of having someone like her in charge by the way. 

I'm checking out after this post because it seems like I'm wasting my time here and you're not prepared to accept any criticism of your Queen regardless of whether it is merited of backed up with facts. 

I'm a FOH pledger since day one, so would I rather we sold the club to a random businessman- no, obviously not.

I want fan ownership, but we should also have a board that are accountable for what they do. That's something that has been lacking throughout Budge's regime and a large reason as to why we are where we are. 

What I would prefer is that she appoint a competent CEO to run operations. It would be impossible to argue that even a half decent appointment wouldn't have (a) overseen the complete shambles on the park- see every other team in the league for examples of teams run better than us (b) not oversee a late, unfinished, over-budget stand with multi-million pound contracts being given out to family members.

She'll be paid back in full and with interest regardless of whether she runs the club or not. Unfortunately for us, she wanted to run the club and she's made a complete arse of it. We don't need her as CEO to prevent us being bought over by a random investor- the two aren't related. 

The way that the club has been managed over recent years has been completely negligent, that's a fact. We were well on our way to the championship before COVID-19 kicked off. You can choose to accept that level of performance due to your loyalty to the Queen if you want, but to deny that it has been a complete and utter failure is fantasy. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Romanov was much more of a success for HMFC than Budge will ever dream of being.  But at least we have someone like Ann, who was ignorant to the fact that Levein was pap for three years disregarding all the support in backing him and at times treating the support with contempt. Then there’s a massive, massive overspend on the main stand that means the supporters are still trying to bail the club out and still don’t own the club because of it. 

I enjoyed the ride in the Romanov years but it was done with money we, or he, didn't have.  We also finished up in administration.  Is that the success you crave?  I'm sure a Hearts supporter wouldn't want that again.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Romanov was much more of a success for HMFC than Budge will ever dream of being.  But at least we have someone like Ann, who was ignorant to the fact that Levein was pap for three years disregarding all the support in backing him and at times treating the support with contempt. Then there’s a massive, massive overspend on the main stand that means the supporters are still trying to bail the club out and still don’t own the club because of it. 

Supporters are not still bailing the club out any more than any other clubs' are in the current situation. We don't own the club today because the transfer of ownership was delayed because of, you know, the wee pandemic currently destroying the global economy. 

Previously it was delayed because FoH members - including you? - voted overwhelmingly to do so and help fund the stand, something I'm very happy about as it's a lasting, tangible legacy of my personal contribution along with everyone else's. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I'm checking out after this post because it seems like I'm wasting my time here and you're not prepared to accept any criticism of your Queen regardless of whether it is merited of backed up with facts. 

I'm a FOH pledger since day one, so would I rather we sold the club to a random businessman- no, obviously not.

I want fan ownership, but we should also have a board that are accountable for what they do. That's something that has been lacking throughout Budge's regime and a large reason as to why we are where we are. 

What I would prefer is that she appoint a competent CEO to run operations. It would be impossible to argue that even a half decent appointment wouldn't have (a) overseen the complete shambles on the park- see every other team in the league for examples of teams run better than us (b) not oversee a late, unfinished, over-budget stand with multi-million pound contracts being given out to family members.

She'll be paid back in full and with interest regardless of whether she runs the club or not. Unfortunately for us, she wanted to run the club and she's made a complete arse of it. We don't need her as CEO to prevent us being bought over by a random investor- the two aren't related. 

The way that the club has been managed over recent years has been completely negligent, that's a fact. We were well on our way to the championship before COVID-19 kicked off. You can choose to accept that level of performance due to your loyalty to the Queen if you want, but to deny that it has been a complete and utter failure is fantasy. 

I literally criticised her myself just a few posts ago, just not for things you have. I've also not defamed her and her brother, unlike you.

see every other team in the league for examples of teams run better than us

Let's revisit this statement in 3 or 4 months and see where we stand in relation to other clubs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

davemclaren
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

There is suppose to be an announcement due soon about player contracts?  End of March I think was quoted.

Quoted by who?

The news.

Thought I read Budge was going to make a decision end of March.

Forget it I am a bit early.  Just seen it as 5pm Wednesday.

Edited by HMFC01

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The news.

Thought I read Budge was going to make a decision end of March.

Forget it I am a bit early.  Just seen it as 5pm Wednesday.

You're right. She said end March for accepting the pay cut. We could see sackings like some other clubs have done with players who don't accept the pay cut. Sion in Switzerland?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/11964985/hearts-players-wages-situation-explained

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

5 years? 5 years ago today we were skooshing the Championship title. The next year we finished 3rd. The next year we were in 2nd/3rd around Christmas. Do you mean 2.5 years?

Now we are talking half seasons? The reality is, if we are relegated there’s the potential for it hitting 6, 7 years of continuous mediocrity by the time we play a season in the championship , and not taking it for granted we’d skoosh back to the top 3 like in 15/16 if we are promoted. I’d hazard a guess it’ll be our worst extended spell since the 70s in respect of league performance.  

Its been 4 straight seasons of mediocrity at this point.  The alarm bells weren’t heard in the ears of the hierarchy or they chose not to hear them. It’s far far more difficult to get out a rut of mediocrity once its been established. It takes big decisions, brave decisions but the timing has to be right.  It’s not been this time. 

Yeah Thanks,  that's what got me thinking it was tonight but wont hear about it until Wednesday I think or maybe end of week. 

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Our club can’t get bank lending just now, as per Budge’s statement. Our credit rating is too low. If we become financially stronger more options for our financing will become available. We don’t need to do this all at once, we could do it over a number of years. 

What football clubs in Scotland are able to get bank loans ? 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What football clubs in Scotland are able to get bank loans ? 

Probably none, maybe Celtic.  Clubs in Scotland are run badly. If we want a long term secure future things need to change.

Edited by McCrae

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Now we are talking half seasons? The reality is, if we are relegated there’s the potential for it hitting 6, 7 years of continuous mediocrity by the time we play a season in the championship , and not taking it for granted we’d skoosh back to the top 3 like in 15/16 if we are promoted. I’d hazard a guess it’ll be our worst extended spell since the 70s in respect of league performance.  

Its been 4 straight seasons of mediocrity at this point.  The alarm bells weren’t heard in the ears of the hierarchy or they chose not to hear them. It’s far far more difficult to get out a rut of mediocrity once its been established. It takes big decisions, brave decisions but the timing has to be right.  It’s not been this time. 

He said 5 years and I just reminded him where we were 5 years ago today and the season and a half after that before Neilson left. We've never had such bad form, but we've never had such crazy manager goings on outwith the Romanov years. And yes, Budge is responsible for that along with Levein. Neither of them were responsible for the injuries though, which were the catalyst for the slide in form from October 2018.

The facts are today is pay day at hearts for march. This is why its the cut off for next months pay. Club needs to know the wage bill for next month with no income due until season ticket sales go on sale. Can see a few going and taking their chances as a free agent

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Newton51 said:

The facts are today is pay day at hearts for march. This is why its the cut off for next months pay. Club needs to know the wage bill for next month with no income due until season ticket sales go on sale. Can see a few going and taking their chances as a free agent

I don’t understand why any of the players would want to leave right at this second. They’re going to go from 50% of their normal income to a potential 6 months of no income at all, it would be ludicrous.

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

The injury thing is over played mate 

Levein sat at AGM 18 months ago and basically admitted he had to idea how to arrest the decline that had well and truly set in. His great hope was the return from injury of Uche, a guy Stendel wouldn't take in a lucky bag 

When he was floundering that badly, and so publicly, Budge should've intervened at least a full year before she did

The Academy was to be his legacy. What's it produced? 

We all know this. Levein did a very bad job of coping with the injuries. I have more faith in the Academy coming good. If we get even just one million+ pound player like Hickey every 5 years or so, plus one or two decent first team prospects like Irving breaking through each year, it'll be doing well.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That would be utter lunacy. Reject some money and what's left of a contract in favour of no money and no contract at a time when no clubs are signing players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Probably none, maybe Celtic.  Clubs in Scotland are run badly. If we want a long term secure future things need to change.

Bank loans is what has screwed Scottish football in the past though. Trying to live within their means is the direction most clubs, including Hearts, have been going in for a few years now.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That would be utter lunacy.

I wouldn't disagree but someone like uche who is well out the picture and over 2 years left on his contract could take the risk and get a larger

Signing on fee when back up and running

jamboveg1874
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

5 years? 5 years ago today we were skooshing the Championship title. The next year we finished 3rd. The next year we were in 2nd/3rd around Christmas. Do you mean 2.5 years?

Sorry the last 4 season's  including this season. 

The Cathro appointment was a disaster and Levein should have been sacked then but no she put her trust in him again to appoint...wait for it himself! .

Now we are bottom of the league facing financial ruin from over spending on a stand and sub standard players on long term deals.  Its a mess and the buck stops with Ann Budge

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bank loans is what has screwed Scottish football in the past though. Trying to live within their means is the direction most clubs, including Hearts, have been going in for a few years now.

The bank loans happened because clubs became dependent on TV money. When that crashed they ran to the banks for support. Now we are dependent on fan money and when that stopped we had no where to run. In both cases we were living hand to mouth. No lessons were learned from the last time. The same thing will happen again until we stop spending all the income we receive.

East Lothian Jambo
50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We all know this. Levein did a very bad job of coping with the injuries. I have more faith in the Academy coming good. If we get even just one million+ pound player like Hickey every 5 years or so, plus one or two decent first team prospects like Irving breaking through each year, it'll be doing well.

We didn't develop Hickey though 

Much like Jamie Walker albeit with less impact,  Hearts will be the biggest club Andy Irving will ever play for 

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

Very hard to disagree with a word of this 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

John Findlay
Just now, McCrae said:

Adding a lot of value again... keep it up.

More value than you will ever add, you must love going around roundabouts.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Much like Jamie Walker albeit with less impact,  Hearts will be the biggest club Andy Irving will ever play for 

We certainly developed him into a first team player and one of the best prospects in the country. That's good for Andy Irving as Hearts are a big club.

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, jamboveg1874 said:

Sorry the last 4 season's  including this season. 

The Cathro appointment was a disaster and Levein should have been sacked then but no she put her trust in him again to appoint...wait for it himself! .

Now we are bottom of the league facing financial ruin from over spending on a stand and sub standard players on long term deals.  Its a mess and the buck stops with Ann Budge

We're not facing financial ruin. Certainly no more than other clubs outwith Celtic right now. And even they are looking at cutting costs.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

We didn’t develop Hickey... Jesus Christ... you are just embarrassing yourself now Spencer.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Not a bad thing, playing for Hearts tho. 

That shouldn't need to be pointed out as a good thing on here. 

Bottom line is Ann Budge saves us and based on the FOH which has been just unbelievable.

The stand (great as it is) has been a disaster budget wise. Sure it’s expected to go slightly over budget (as all builds do) but to go over the amount it has is just unacceptable (ok take off the pitch cost).

Cathro was disastrous, Levein culpable for that appointment as much as Budge, then to appoint that joker (Levein) as manager was just blind loyalty which was her worst decision ever. Only surpassed by keeping him in the role when clearly he should have been punted long before he was.

Then to delay appointing a manager for nigh on 2 months was the next huge mistake, as was appointing one at a time we played 2 games every week for a month so he never had a chance to train or prepare properly.

its been a clusterfek from the appointment of Cathro. 
Maybe we will be saved from relegation due to Covid , however I really hope these last 8 games are played out at some point. Maybe these jokers will be able to get some points to avoid automatic relegation but I’d doubt it.  But at at least we’d be down after the full schedule.

some (not all) of the players should be agreeing to the reduction if they can afford to.

Edited by 1971fozzy

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We didn’t develop Hickey... Jesus Christ... you are just embarrassing yourself now Spencer.

What part of Hickey being at Celtic passed you by? 

You pop up frequently I note. Clearly a massive fan of Craig Levein.  The complete failure he's made of things is clearly very hard for you. I suspect you've long campaigned for him and the reality that you've backed a real dud is painful for you 

Are you the football phone-in guy I've heard about?

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bottom line is Ann Budge saves us and based on the FOH which has been just unbelievable.

The stand (great as it is) has been a disaster budget wise. Sure it’s expected to go slightly over budget (as all builds do) but to go over the amount it has is just unacceptable (ok take off the pitch cost).

Cathro was disastrous, Levein culpable for that appointment as much as Budge, then to appoint that joker (Levein) as manager was just blind loyalty which was her worst decision ever. Only surpassed by keeping him in the role when clearly he should have been punted long before he was.

Then to delay appointing a manager for nigh on 2 months was the next huge mistake, as was appointing one at a time we played 2 games every week for a month so he never had a chance to train or prepare properly.

its been a clusterfek from the appointment of Cathro. 
Maybe we will be saved from relegation due to Covid , however I really hope these last 8 games are played out at some point. Maybe these jokers will be able to get some points to avoid automatic relegation but I’d doubt it.  But at at least we’d be down after the full schedule.

some (not all) of the players should be agreeing to the reduction if they can afford to.

I don't think there is a dog's chance of any sport this year.

East Lothian Jambo
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a bad thing, playing for Hearts tho. 

That shouldn't need to be pointed out as a good thing on here. 

Of course it's not a bad thing

My point being Irving isn't going to be someone who'll play a 100 or so games and move on for a meaningful fee 

Hidden gems and promotion of youth for onward progression was the model we were all told would materialise.  Apart from a good deal for Osman Sow I'm struggling to recall either of those criteria being fulfilled 

Instead we've underwent huge squad overhaul every summer. There has been little structure to recruitment strategy 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Of course it's not a bad thing

My point being Irving isn't going to be someone who'll play a 100 or so games and move on for a meaningful fee 

Hidden gems and promotion of youth for onward progression was the model we were all told would materialise.  Apart from a good deal for Osman Sow I'm struggling to recall either of those criteria being fulfilled 

Instead we've underwent huge squad overhaul every summer. There has been little structure to recruitment strategy 

We've got a fee for quite a few players. 

Not a single big one as yet, bit a few fees. 

Lafferty, sow almost £2.5m there. 

Quite a few other small ones as well, rossi, goncalves, Walker. 

Patterson saw his contract out after a bad injury. 

Probably in line with most clubs relative To us, be nice to have that 1 big transfer tho. 

Think we've had 4 managers over 5 summers, this along with a decline in the football performances since Robbie left - I'd expect an overhaul in order to at least try and improve. 

If we keep changing managers and being shite  expect more recruitment. 

Be silly not too tbh. 

Can't see why we'd keep a underperforming team together or get new managers if they can't recruit new players. 

Caught a headline somewhere this morning and apologies if it’s been mentioned. Ron the con from across the road reckons Hibs won’t make any signings until the deferred payments have been paid back in May 2021. 😂😂😂

Surely this will get pulled up by the various beacons of wisdom in Scottish football. No signings for more than a full calendar year ? 👏👏👏

Apologies also for interrupting the childish merry go round. 

Edited by Dazo

Clerry Jambo

RON GORDON has promised Hibs players taking wage deferrals he’ll make NO new signings until they are back on full pay.

Jack Ross and his squad have agreed a 20 per cent cut, with half the money to be repaid in December and the rest in May 2021.

Ron Gordon has made the promise to Hibs players

Andy Barr - The Sun Glasgow

Gordon has vowed no new players will be signed until the cuts end.

30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Caught a headline somewhere this morning and apologies if it’s been mentioned. Ron the con from across the road reckons Hibs won’t make any signings until the deferred payments have been paid back in May 2021. 😂😂😂

Surely this will get pulled up by the various beacons of wisdom in Scottish football. No signings for more than a full calendar year ? 👏👏👏

Apologies also for interrupting the childish merry go round. 

You have misread that.  They wont sign any until the players are back on full pay.  That could be as soon as June / July if they go back to training.  They will pay back the deferrals in 2 chunks, Xmas and May 2021.

7 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You pop up frequently I note. Clearly a massive fan of Craig Levein.  The complete failure he's made of things is clearly very hard for you. I suspect you've long campaigned for him and the reality that you've backed a real dud is painful for you 

No part of him being at Celtic passed me by. He has been at Celtic and Hearts. To claim we never developed him is totally inaccurate though. He made his first team breakthrough at Hearts and played with our academy as a kid. Celtic played their part too of course, but it’s churlish as **** to try and just ignore the part we played in his development, just so it fits your agenda.

I see your time on the other forum hasn’t been entirely wasted, Spencer. :lol:

Unknown user
7 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

That doesn't mean only celtic developed him, he was a teenager who'd never even played a reserve game and was developed into a first team regular who appeared in a cup final.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That doesn't mean only celtic developed him, he was a teenager who'd never even played a reserve game and was developed into a first team regular who appeared in a cup final.

Harder to mash that in to a negative argument though. :( 

43 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

RON GORDON has promised Hibs players taking wage deferrals he’ll make NO new signings until they are back on full pay.

Jack Ross and his squad have agreed a 20 per cent cut, with half the money to be repaid in December and the rest in May 2021.

Leaves a few gaps when loan players disappear. Their only chance is if Rangers give them money for Kamberi however Rangers probably don’t have any money so another loan likely their. Loan fee won’t be enough to repay missing wages though. 

41 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Look. Fair play. Every team, every business has different circumstances. 2 years ago, Hibs couldn't have done this.

In two years maybe we could.

It's not a time for one upmanship, every business in the country has to do what it needs to to protect itself and its people.

The fact we've wasted a fair bit of cash is somewhat irrelevant. It wouldn't be "wasted" if we were sitting clear in 3rd or breathing down the OFs neck but our financial position would be similar. Poor recruitment, horrendous luck and misplaced trust. Nothing sinister, we just had the wrong guy in charge of our football, like so so many clubs way bigger and seemingly wiser than us.

We'll be back.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was about to say...!

Won't sign anyone until May 2021. Whit? :lol:

Thats not what is says.  Lets not have 20 posts picking up the story wrong.   They will sign players once the squad is on full pay. The deferral will be paid back in May 2021.  They could be on full pay in a month if the government change the distancing rules.  Same goes for us, if we are back in training Id expect us on full pay. 

2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Thats not what is says.  Lets not have 20 posts picking up the story wrong.   They will sign players once the squad is on full pay. The deferral will be paid back in May 2021.  They could be on full pay in a month if the government change the distancing rules.  Same goes for us, if we are back in training Id expect us on full pay. 

Is the G in your username for Gordon? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sorry, Ronnie. God forbid I offend your Hibs player friend of the family.

Apologies.

Just making sure we dont all look a bit silly. 😉 

16 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Yes. 

:lol:

So what... the coincidence prompted you to take a strong interest in Hibs, and then join a Hearts forum to discuss him/Hibs?

Even based on his limited number of posts I never thought I'd find myself saying this but I agree with RonnieG's assessment here. I think that the statement only says that Hibs won't sign any players for the period of the deferment, not all the way until May 2021. A 20% deferral doesn't seem much though and will make them look a bit silly if they then have to subsequently cut deeper because they've run out of cash.