The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

East Lothian Jambo
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

One thing I will say is that Salmond has been lucky his case has been overshadowed by the Covid 19 scare. Make no mistake the press would have ultimately been hounding him and this would ultimately have a influence over any jury. 

Anyways, he goes off and continues his life. Would be funny if he makes a play to be first minister again. Nicola sturgeon could be vunerable ATM and Salmond might be able to take advantage (no pun intended lol)

I'm not sure there is much love for him within his former party. Perhaps it's due to them in part this got to the stage it did 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

7 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Pathetic as **** the glee certain posters had over alleged serious sexual offences against women.

Agreed. Their behaviour throughout was disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Think you have misunderstood. I’m talking about the likes of the OP.

Apologies! I'm having too much fun with them--I totally misread your post. My bad. :lol:

On 07/03/2020 at 09:39, manaliveits105 said:

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

On 07/03/2020 at 11:11, manaliveits105 said:

Not just his reputation but anyone who worked closely with him 

Hiya! Hiya pal! :lol: 
At least you can use the popcorn stock while you self isolate. 

Brighton Jambo

Fair enough, justice has spoken and he is innocent.

people talking about a return to front line politics are delusional however, he didn’t even deny some of this happened he just denied it was illegal.  I think his defence for a number of the charges was they were consensual.

so he’s not a criminal but he has confirmed he cheated on his wife while he was first minister and abused his position of power.  He can’t return to politics now.  

Placid Casual
12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Apologies! I'm having too much fun with them--I totally misread your post. My bad. :lol:

👍 No worries, I could have worded it better.

Edited by Placid Casual

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

people talking about a return to front line politics are delusional however, he didn’t even deny some of this happened he just denied it was illegal.  I think his defence for a number of the charges was they were consensual.

so he’s not a criminal but he has confirmed he cheated on his wife while he was first minister and abused his position of power.  He can’t return to politics now.  

The correct answer. :thumbsup: There is no doubt, even though he is NOT GUILTY of the charges brought against him as a verdict rendered in a court of law, he is of questionable moral character. He had better not hope to return to politics.

On 16/03/2020 at 08:32, manaliveits105 said:

Protecting the octopus will have serious repercussions for the sexual nuisance party 

:rofl:

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

It will be great to see the octopus back amongst the Swingers National Party causing mayhem :ruiner:

Your pain is oh, so palpable, and your tears are so delicious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Up ye 🤩

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

He can't return to politics because he cheated on his wife?

Christ the place would be empty if that was a reason not to be allowed in.

Boris?

Christ, questionable moral character..how many politicians can be accused of that? Donald Trump is the president of the US. Boris isn't exactly Mr moral either when it comes to affairs. 

If Salmond wants to return to top end politics he will simple as that. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Christ, questionable moral character..how many politicians can be accused of that? Donald Trump is the president of the US. 

Haha you say that like it's a good thing!

Heaven forbid we strive for a higher standard.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Christ, questionable moral character..how many politicians can be accused of that? Donald Trump is the president of the US. 

Only if the people vote him in. That’s the next jury he needs to face if he wants to return to politics. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Boris?

I just laughed for about a minute there 😆😃, thanks for that 👍🏽.
JKBs BJ clearly has higher morals than the BJ allegedly running the UK.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Only if the people vote him in. That’s the next jury he needs to face if he wants to return to politics. 

Despite the accusations he is still adored by the hard indy nats. There will clamour to see him involved again in some capacity and if he has proof Nicola conspired against him well...

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Your pain is oh, so palpable, and your tears are so delicious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Up ye 🤩

Oh Alex you are awful 

#metoo

Reckon Sturgeon will be utterly gutted at this news. She will have an angry, bitter ex first minister after her blood after all this. 

Interesting times ahead

OmiyaHearts
On 06/03/2020 at 23:31, Suso Santana said:

Been told they've got him hands down. Going to jail. 

This aged well.

OmiyaHearts
18 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The correct answer. :thumbsup: There is no doubt, even though he is NOT GUILTY of the charges brought against him as a verdict rendered in a court of law, he is of questionable moral character. He had better not hope to return to politics.

Questionable moral character is the basic requirement to be a politician.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Despite the accusations he is still adored by the hard indy nats. There will clamour to see him involved again in some capacity and if he has proof Nicola conspired against him well...

I think the folk you are referring to are in a minority in the independence movement. I think more will be of the same opinion as me, and feel that he needs to distance himself from it now. I was a big fan of the guy in all honesty, hands up. I think he’s abused his position badly though, and think his presence would do more harm than good.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Reckon Sturgeon will be utterly gutted at this news. She will have an angry, bitter ex first minister after her blood after all this. 

Interesting times ahead

Difficult days ahead but this is the best possible outcome for her and the SNP.

And the unionists know it, as pathetic as some of them are wishing an innocent man to prison purely for political reasons.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Difficult days ahead but this is the best possible outcome for her and the SNP.

And the unionists know it, as pathetic as some of them are wishing an innocent man to prison purely for political reasons.

This.

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The existing anti-Nicola and pro-Eck faction among SNP MSPs and activists will now be emboldened.

None of then are unionists (whatever that is).

I think you are talking about a very small number of people there.

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Questionable moral character is the basic requirement to be a politician.

:lol: I mean, this is probably more true than it should be

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

It didn’t stop Trump.

Again, saying this as if it's justification, I simply don't understand the mindset!

Humanity can (and does) do better. Far, far better.

53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Make no mistake the press would have ultimately been hounding him and this would ultimately have a influence over any jury. 

Any juror that allows themself to be influenced by anything, other than the evidence submitted and legal counsel has no right to be sitting on a jury.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think you are talking about a very small number of people there.

Yes and every party has factions.

A convicted sex offender within their own ranks would have blown the SNP apart. And that hasn't happened, as desperate as some were to see it. To be clear, if I thought he was guilty I'd have wanted to see him go down with a lengthy sentence. That hasn't happen and from what I can gather from media reports, it does indeed stink.

Brighton Jambo
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

Boris?

There is cheating on your wife and there is numerous and repeated actions that have resulted in a number of women going to the police.  Not guilty in law but morally totally inappropriate.

also as horrid as Boris is he didn’t do that while being Prime minister.

This is a level of sexual behaviour with a number of different women that goes over and above having an affair.  

15 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Yes and every party has factions.

A convicted sex offender within their own ranks would have blown the SNP apart. And that hasn't happened, as desperate as some were to see it. To be clear, if I thought he was guilty I'd have wanted to see him go down with a lengthy sentence. That hasn't happen and from what I can gather from media reports, it does indeed stink.

Agree with all of that.

Malinga the Swinga
49 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Reported as being after a seat at Holyrood. Already his supporters want him back in party.

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There is cheating on your wife and there is numerous and repeated actions that have resulted in a number of women going to the police.  Not guilty in law but morally totally inappropriate.

This is a level of sexual behaviour with a number of different women that goes over and above having an affair.  

I agree about his behaviour being tawdry and inappropriate. Is it accurate to say that the women went to the police though?

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I agree about his behaviour being tawdry and inappropriate. Is it accurate to say that the women went to the police though?

Fair enough maybe not, but they were certainly prepared to provide evidence against him.  

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Reported as being after a seat at Holyrood. Already his supporters want him back in party.

He could run as an independent, like Galloway, I suppose. He’d be toxic for the SNP, and I don’t think the majority of the party would want him back.

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

A jury decided that 9 women lied in court so that's what happened. It kind of renders your points redundant.

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair enough maybe not, but they were certainly prepared to provide evidence against him.  

I think that’s the operative word in bold there. I reiterate though, I absolutely think he should be nowhere near the party now. His behaviour was not on at all.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, graygo said:

A jury decided that 9 women lied in court so that's what happened. It kind of renders your points redundant.

my Point is that his chance of a return to front line politics is in tatters as a result of this.  His behaviour while in office was absolutely deplorable just not criminal.  

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Might be creepy.

He's not a convicted creep.

Is creepy.

He’s not a convicted rapist.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is creepy.

He’s not a convicted rapist.

It wasn't just rape he never did, he also never sexually harassed anyone.

Just now, graygo said:

It wasn't just rape he never did, he also never sexually harassed anyone.

yeah, and OJ was innocent as well.

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Of course. Good comparison.

Edit: Although was he not found guilty in a civil case?

Edited by graygo

coconut doug
8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

my Point is that his chance of a return to front line politics is in tatters as a result of this.  His behaviour while in office was absolutely deplorable just not criminal.  

Which elements of his behaviour are you referring to?

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ahahah I can't wait for Salmond's book on how he did it.

Get a grip.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

No, really not. Everything went through the due process, the jury whoever they were found 12 charges not guilty and one not proven. I would suggest serious questions need to be asked of the police and the procurator fiscal.

The jury were either sympathisers, morons or both is my takeaway. I knew fine well they would let him walk, posted as much on Friday. The not guilty verdicts are a disgrace though. 9 woman branded liars because of cult of personality.

Just now, JackLadd said:

The jury were either sympathisers, morons or both is my takeaway. I knew fine well they would let him walk, posted as much on Friday. The not guilty verdicts are a disgrace though. 9 woman branded liars because of cult of personality.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761132491b3ec00ded4c11

1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

Ahahah I can't wait for Salmond's book on how he did it.

Get a grip.

I have zero doubt he committed the offences. A clear pattern of behaviour and 9 testimonies.

Just now, JackLadd said:

I have zero doubt he committed the offences. A clear pattern of behaviour and 9 testimonies.

Confirmation bias is a helluva drug

Image result for cocaine is a helluva drug gif