The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

been here before
5 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I don't read BBC propaganda  and I haven't watched STV since Gladiators.

Thats obviously your perogative but its easily found on "MSM".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

jack D and coke
19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'm going for a not proven verdict.

That’s kind of what I reckon. It’s he says she says kind of stuff. You can’t convict someone on this evidence surely? I’d be saying the same for anyone incidentally. 

Trapper John McIntyre
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jury has the weekend to reflect on it all. 

Very interesting!

As I understand it, the prosecution wrapped up two days early? Would explain the weirdness of having the defence wrap up on a Friday afternoon and leave little time for deliberations.

Space Mackerel
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Thats obviously your perogative but its easily found on "MSM".

Im lucky, I’m not brainwashed. 

Jet was well tidy though. 

been here before
29 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Im lucky, I’m not brainwashed. 

Jet was well tidy though. 

So you dont consider the BBC or STV to be "MSM" then?

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you dont consider the BBC or STV to be "MSM" then?

He allows 'The National' to brain wash him only.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

He allows 'The National' to brain wash him only.

If Im following this right he's saying this isnt being reported on "MSN". Then when its pointed out to him that probably 2 of the most mainstream media outlets in the country have whole sections dedicated to it he responds he's not "brainwashed" but liked Jet from Gladiators.

Very odd.

Trapper John McIntyre
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

If Im following this right he's saying this isnt being reported on "MSN". Then when its pointed out to him that probably 2 of the most mainstream media outlets in the country have whole sections dedicated to it he responds he's not "brainwashed" but liked Jet from Gladiators.

Very odd.

You don't know him very well. Best not to interact. For the sake of your sanity if nothing else.

He is guilty of every charge but he'll walk out free for sure on not proven bs, only because he is who he is, anybody else would be locked up. 

My half sister

Guilty in my opinion. Too many people against him, they can't all be lying

Edited by My half sister
Spelling

3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You don't know him very well. Best not to interact. For the sake of your sanity if nothing else.

200.webp?cid=790b7611d3d0fd47d829443671d

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

He is guilty of every charge but he'll walk out free for sure on not proven bs, only because he is who he is, anybody else would be locked up. 

8 hours ago, My half sister said:

Guilty in my opinion. Too many people against him, they can't all be lying

We don't know.

But the mood has changed since Weinstein etc. 

I think you had to be there in court listening to everything, as the jury did to get the full picture. A lot of women testified. Only one charge was withdrawn. 

On 20/03/2020 at 12:13, jambos are go! said:

Noteworthy that no senior SNP politician, past or present, gave evidence in the trial.

One of the alleged victims who has given evidence is described as an SNP politician.

jambos are go!
46 minutes ago, Darren said:

One of the alleged victims who has given evidence is described as an SNP politician.

I said senior S NP politician.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We don't know

Exactly. Completely clueless but banding about idle speculation as fact.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

Exactly. Completely clueless but banding about idle speculation as fact.

It is strange the witnesses weren't public.

It is hard for the jury not to see them, their reactions. Definitely helps in assessing their truthfulness or otherwise.

Not sure of the reasons. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is strange the witnesses weren't public.

It is hard for the jury not to see them, their reactions. Definitely helps in assessing their truthfulness or otherwise.

Not sure of the reasons. 

All the witnesses who are not alleged victims have been made public.

The jury can see the witnesses.

Alleged victims of sexual assault are not named for reasons I would have thought are obvious.

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

All the witnesses who are not alleged victims have been made public.

The jury can see the witnesses.

Alleged victims of sexual assault are not named for reasons I would have thought are obvious.

Fair enough.

I must be thinking of other countries where you see the women's names all the time.

So not obvious. 

There is one fact no one has mentioned on here, the prosecution have not produced a single witness that can Collaborate any of the charges. Collaboration is the corner stone of Scottish law. Not guilty

9 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

There is one fact no one has mentioned on here, the prosecution have not produced a single witness that can Collaborate any of the charges. Collaboration is the corner stone of Scottish law. Not guilty

No doubt that was Salmond's take when committing the crimes. I believe the woman. 

Trapper John McIntyre
39 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Then why did the crown office see fit to prosecute unless they were pretty confidant?

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre
29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No doubt that was Salmond's take when committing the crimes. I believe the woman. 

All nine women.

Like the prosecutor said, perpretators don't commit crimes in front of witnesses.

57 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Corroborate you clearly meant.

Moorov Doctrine - where a series of events with no second source of evidence for each can corroborate each other when there are similarities in the modus operandi. The behaviour in this case is strikingly similar each time and so they are corroborated even though no other witness or evidence for each individual act is present. 

Some of the offences here are very minor in nature. Wrong and inappropriate in a lot of cases but on the borderline of criminality IMO. They are in there mostly  to assist in proving the more serious charges.

He’ll be found not guilty or more likely not proven on most if not all charges.The case where it was proven that the woman wasn’t even there that night has blown the whole thing IMO.

21 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Or the contrary view. No ordinary Joe in the street would have been investigated to this extent or brought to the high court on such flimsy trivial  charges. Most of the charges allege He touched a couple of woman’s arses and tried to kiss some other women FFS Okay it’s knobbish behaviour and an intimidating abuse of power by a man in his position but a Huge waste of public funds being spent here for trivial charges for the most part.

Edited by JimmyCant

Trapper John McIntyre
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Corroborate you clearly meant.

Moorov Doctrine - where a series of events with no second source of evidence for each can corroborate each other when there are similarities in the modus operandi. The behaviour in this case is strikingly similar each time and so they are corroborated even though no other witness or evidence for each individual act is present. 

Some of the offences here are very minor in nature. Wrong and inappropriate in a lot of cases but on the borderline of criminality IMO. They are in there mostly  to assist in proving the more serious charges.

He’ll be found not guilty or more likely not proven on most if not all charges.The case where it was proven that the woman wasn’t even there that night has blown the whole thing IMO.

The defence witnesses say they had 'no recollection' of her being there.

In other words, they can't remember. Strange how they remembered all the other 'minor' incidents but not the big one that matters.

#Metoo envrironment along with Moorov Principal will get him. Guilty.

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, flecktimus said:

If IIRC his Chief of Staff arranged for a n apology after one incident. Salmon has also admitted that some of the incidents took place but put his own spin on what happened. Many witnesses mentioned the don't be caught alone with Alex Salmond protocol. His own Counsel said something like Salmond was no angel.

it's wrong to suggest there was no collaboration based of what  I have seen reported.

On 20/03/2020 at 12:21, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Its the kind of trial where if he's found guilty, there may be more  women out there who may now come forward.

If not, they'll stay silent.

If its Not Proven, its a bad as guilty.

Hopefully the SNP will tear each other to shreds either way. Scotland's shame and embarrassment.

Doesn’t care if it’s true or not, doesn’t care if he’s guilty or not. Just wants the SNP gone, and hopes this is a way to make it happen. You’re so pathetic. 😄

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Doesn’t care if it’s true or not, doesn’t care if he’s guilty or not. Just wants the SNP gone, and hopes this is a way to make it happen. You’re so pathetic. 😄

Tbf he has admitted as much.

Best ignored.

Just now, jambogaza said:

Tbf he has admitted as much.

Best ignored.

Poor stuff, isn’t it? Most right minded people would rather the truth was discovered and justice delivered. 

The SNP hating zombies are hoping for more but the best they'll get is some high,  maybe very high,  profile figures falling on their swords.    But the SNP will reorganise and go on.    Much to the surprise and dismay of the SNP hating zombies.    Shame for them.

I think the verdict could go either way.    Lady Dorrian specified the jury should basically decide who to believe.    It has boiled down to that basic judgement.    I do believe though that Salmond,   should he be found innocent,   will go after his own justice,   as he will see it.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The SNP hating zombies are hoping for more but the best they'll get is some high,  maybe very high,  profile figures falling on their swords.    But the SNP will reorganise and go on.    Much to the surprise and dismay of the SNP hating zombies.    Shame for them.

I think the verdict could go either way.    Lady Dorrian specified the jury should basically decide who to believe.    It has boiled down to that basic judgement.    I do believe though that Salmond,   should he be found innocent,   will go after his own justice,   as he will see it.

Your ship has sailed. The virus has killed your Indy dream. Every cloud and all that... Salmond being nailed matters little in comparison.

Still hope he goes down. Enjoy. if he doesn't it's still another nail. Scotland will be a laughing stock and a pariah to the #metoo movement.

Somethings stinks alright. The rancid stench of gnat hypocrasy.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Poor stuff, isn’t it? Most right minded people would rather the truth was discovered and justice delivered. 

I hope justice is delivered.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Your ship has sailed. The virus has killed your Indy dream. Every cloud and all that... Salmond being nailed matters little in comparison.

Still hope he goes down. Enjoy. if he doesn't it's still another nail. Scotland will be a laughing stock and a pariah to the #metoo movement.

Somethings stinks alright. The rancid stench of gnat hypocrasy.

Nah not really.   Independence probably is finished for a long time but I'm merely stating that the SNP will go on.    

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Nah not really.   Independence probably is finished for a long time but I'm merely stating that the SNP will go on.    

So can syphilis.

Get rid of the corona virus and Scotlands nationalist virus in one go.

Nice.

Trapper John McIntyre
14 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Not an SNP supporter and have always disliked Salmond as a person.

But the trial is concerned with allegations made by a group of women and has **** all to do with independence.

Once the verdict is in the recriminations will start, one way or another.

Naive.

Independence has plenty to do with this trial. Victims stated they would not speak up at the time of the referendum for fear it would sway the vote.

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Naive.

Independence has plenty to do with this trial. Victims stated they would not speak up at the time of the referendum for fear it would sway the vote.

So? That doesn't mean anything significant, it doesn't taint the concept of an independent Scotland like you'd prefer to pretend. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

So? That doesn't mean anything significant, it doesn't taint the concept of an independent Scotland like you'd prefer to pretend. 

It’s quite bizarre isn’t it? It’s as though unionists think that independence voters feel the way they do because they were persuaded by politicians. :lol:

ArcticJambo

nobody on a jury irrespective of who it is is going to do someone on the evidence presented. what a waste of time/money. creep, should have been telt, and booted, the end!

45 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

nobody on a jury irrespective of who it is is going to do someone on the evidence presented. what a waste of time/money. creep, should have been telt, and booted, the end!

Sure seems this way to me, but we have a bunch here convinced awfully strongly otherwise . . .

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

It's on this morning. Two jurors have been discharged.

even with this reduction from 15 to 13 jurors at least 8 people are needed to agree for a verdict

34 minutes ago, Darren said:

It's on this morning. Two jurors have been discharged.

I wonder if Trapper got found out and sent home. :rofl: