The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

The Hogfather
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think big part of the blame for that must lie with those who put the case against him together.

Perhaps the case for the prosecution was poorly put together. Perhaps his QC was more meticulous in his defence. Either way, I imagine this won't do much to encourage any victim of any sexual assault to come forward.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• Beast Boy

John Findlay
Just now, Nunya Business said:

Perhaps the case for the prosecution was poorly put together. Perhaps his QC was more meticulous in his defence. Either way, I imagine this won't do much to encourage any victim of any sexual assault to come forward.

No sexual assault has taken place here. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Your comments here do not reflect well on you.

I've not followed the trial but the jury has spoken.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

But they didn't go through anything because it never happened. 

No wonder so many don't come forward when this is what they're faced with. The #MeToo movement was lost on you, I'll bet.

The Hogfather
Just now, John Findlay said:

No sexual assault has taken place here. 

So you also think those 9 women were lying? Ok. Please don't feel like you should follow up with a reply here, I literally couldn't care less about your thoughts on any matter John.

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’m genuinely so not shocked by the result. I’m not influenced by politics here either. He’s not one of the good ones. At all.🙁

I like and respect you, and as such I believe you. 👍

No wonder so many don't come forward when this is what they're faced with. The #MeToo movement was lost on you, I'll bet.

Nope, it didn't happen because he's been cleared. 👍 A politically motivated stitch up but according to you, nothing to do with politics. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Cruyff said:

Nope, it didn't happen because he's been cleared. 👍 A politically motivated stitch up but according to you, nothing to do with politics. 

So, just so I'm sure here, you're accusing all 9 of them of committing perjury for political gains? Good lord. I think I'll stick you on ignore.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

He's been acquitted, he has been found innocent. It says more about you and your perception.

Again the court has cleared him. It is not up to you or anyone else to paint him guilty.

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So anyone accused of a sex crime is automatically guilty, in your book?

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’m genuinely so not shocked by the result. I’m not influenced by politics here either. He’s not one of the good ones. At all.🙁

Perfect fit for the brigadoon brigade though 

So, just so I'm sure here, you're accusing all 9 of them of committing perjury for political gains? Good lord. I think I'll stick you on ignore.

Maybe they did but despite the verdict you clearly believe he is still guilty and that the woman are the victims. Poor Alex must have had a torrid few months. 

Please do, not that I give a shit. 👍 

John Findlay

So you also think those 9 women were lying? Ok. Please don't feel like you should follow up with a reply here, I literally couldn't care less about your thoughts on any matter John.

So your the narrow minded one not me.

This has ran the due process, a jury comprised of both males and FEMALES, have decided on the evidence provided that the accused was not guilty of 12 charges and not proven of one. The trial judge was also FEMALE. The jury of mixed sexes decided the evidence was not strong enough to convict. Are you questioning their ability to do so? 

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So it matters not he's been cleared. He's guilty in your eyes.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

So anyone accused of a sex crime is automatically guilty, in your book?

Of course not. But it is harder to prove, because it boils down to he said, she said. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's been acquitted, he has been found innocent. It says more about you and your perception.

Again the court has cleared him. It is not up to you or anyone else to paint him guilty.

John Wilson was found Not Proven of assaulting Neil Lennon, despite there being 18,000 witnesses and it being broadcast on national television. Mohammed Ibnomer was sentenced to just four years for killing Sean Woodburn. Do you think these were right? Just because the case involved your favourite celebrity doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

One of my circle of friends was raped as a teenager. She was advised not to take it forward because it was her word against his. That is the cold truth of the matter. It takes a lot of strength for anyone to stand up and come forward in circumstances like this. Especially when one is faced with the wrath of a group of maniacal fans.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

So your the narrow minded one not me.

This has ran the due process, a jury comprised of both males and FEMALES, have decided on the evidence provided that the accused was not guilty of 12 charges and not proven of one. The trial judge was also FEMALE. The jury of mixed sexes decided the evidence was not strong enough to convict. Are you questioning their ability to do so? 

I see you're not very good at reading, John. Please take more care in future to not try and engage someone who has no interest in speaking with you on any matter. And that is based solely on what I know about you as a person.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Of course not. But it is harder to prove, because it boils down to he said, she said. 

John Wilson was found Not Proven of assaulting Neil Lennon, despite there being 18,000 witnesses and it being broadcast on national television. Mohammed Ibnomer was sentenced to just four years for killing Sean Woodburn. Do you think these were right? Just because the case involved your favourite celebrity doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

One of my circle of friends was raped as a teenager. She was advised not to take it forward because it was her word against his. That is the cold truth of the matter. It takes a lot of strength for anyone to stand up and come forward in circumstances like this. Especially when one is faced with the wrath of a group of maniacal fans.

I see you're not very good at reading, John. Please take more care in future to not try and engage someone who has no interest in speaking with you on any matter. And that is based solely on what I know about you as a person.

Is that right. Would you care to elaborate, I'm all ears. Please enlighten me on the kind of person I am.

Space Mackerel
On 06/03/2020 at 23:31, Suso Santana said:

Been told they've got him hands down. Going to jail. 

Who told you?

The Hogfather
Just now, John Findlay said:

Is that right. Would you care to elaborate, I'm all ears. Please enlighten me on the kind of person I am.

No thank you John. I've said all I would ever want to say to the likes of you.

8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So was my sister. And one of my friends as well. Similar experiences with the police/advisors in the US.

I've also seen #MeToo and the justice system weaponised against people who aren't guilty of anything.

While these experiences matter in the broader context--both sets--neither is relevant to this one, specific trial . . . where the accused was found not guilty.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No thank you John. I've said all I would ever want to say to the likes of you.

Coward

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

So was my sister. And one of my friends as well. Similar experiences with the police/advisors in the US.

I've also seen #MeToo and the justice system weaponised against people who aren't guilty of anything.

While these experiences matter in the broader context--both sets--neither is relevant to this one, specific trial . . . where the accused was found not guilty.

Scarily close to my own experiences. 

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

While that may be true, and I'm not suggesting it's not, sexual crimes are still a difficult thing to prove. Out of 2255 reported cases of rape/attempted rape in Scotland in 2017/18, only 247 of those were prosecuted. Of those 247, 107 were convicted. 

I'm not saying he did it. I'm saying I find it hard to believe that these 9 women were lying/perjuring themselves.

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Coward

You may call me a coward John, the simple fact is I have nothing to say to you and don't have the time/desire to listen to/respect anything you have to say about anything. You, quite simply put, are not worth a damn. Good evening.

John Findlay

You may call me a coward John, the simple fact is I have nothing to say to you and don't have the time/desire to listen to/respect anything you have to say about anything. You, quite simply put, are not worth a damn. Good evening.

You are a blow hard, you are insinuating I am a certain type of person on a public forum. Like a child you name call and run away. You are in my opinion a coward.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

You are a blow hard, you are insinuating I am a certain type of person on a public forum. Like a child you name call and run away. You are in my opinion a coward.

Ok John :) 

Big Slim Stylee
38 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I like and respect you, and as such I believe you. 👍

Likewise, man.

East Lothian Jambo
53 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It is all about political point scoring. 100%.

Even if some of those who made the allegations hold similar political views to Salmond?

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Even if some of those who made the allegations hold similar political views to Salmond?

Its a bizarre declaration from the poster.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

John Wilson was found Not Proven of assaulting Neil Lennon, despite there being 18,000 witnesses and it being broadcast on national television.

Nope, John Wilson was found not guilty of a sectarian attack. If the PF had simply gone for an assault charge it would have stuck, but they couldn't prove it was motivated by sectarianism and lost the case.

Attempts to paint guilt after a not guilty verdict are pretty low.

1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

For the press, the media, political commentators, Yoons and everyone else, it was always going to be about one-upmanship. How could it not be? He was the former FM and still a powerful figure in the Nationalist movement. 

I thought he was guilty as sin tbh but he's obviously not. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope, John Wilson was found not guilty of a sectarian attack. If the PF had simply gone for an assault charge it would have stuck, but they couldn't prove it was motivated by sectarianism and lost the case.

Attempts to paint guilt after a not guilty verdict are pretty low.

Guilty until proven innocent beforehand, now it's guilty until proven guilty.

23 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm not saying he did it. I'm saying I find it hard to believe that these 9 women were lying/perjuring themselves.

Yeah I just don't see a conflict between 9 women not lying/perjuring themselves and the conduct described not rising to the level of criminality.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Guilty until proven innocent beforehand, now it's guilty until proven guilty.

Now it's still guilty even after being cleared.

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Its a bizarre declaration from the poster.

Bit odd. If he's not been guilty of accusations made then this is the correct outcome 

If he thinks the allegations have been made for political purpose, I'm not sure those looking for this to be a triumph against Unionist conspirators are going to be fulfilled 

Police Scotland will need to have a look at themselves 

East Lothian Jambo
21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

For the press, the media, political commentators, Yoons and everyone else, it was always going to be about one-upmanship. How could it not be? He was the former FM and still a powerful figure in the Nationalist movement. 

I think the media and political commentators up here are varying degrees of subservient to the SNP hierarchy

His behaviour has clearly been very far from ideal. Drink has clearly been a significant issue for him. Perhaps even a problem 

Sturgeon is going to have to be probed on what had been brought to her attention and when 

She also has some questions to answer on what she knew about Derek Mackay and when 

Over 100 posts on this thread , daily updates and quotes from the trial, countless arguments with other posters and yet we’ve yet to hear from a certain poster about today’s events! 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:cornette:

I’d like to disrespect you massively in my next post. Asking for ideas here.

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’d like to disrespect you massively in my next post. Asking for ideas here.

:rofl:

Shouldnt be too hard chief. I absolutely can be a total arsehole. 😉

4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Over 100 posts on this thread , daily updates and quotes from the trial, countless arguments with other posters and yet we’ve yet to hear from a certain poster about today’s events! 

image.png.7b6a7a0f05111e1dd27badd83b9f49f8.png

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I think the media and political commentators up here are varying degrees of subservient to the SNP hierarchy

Just... wow...

Big Slim Stylee
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He’s a bad one. Whether in the eyes of the law or not, he’s a bad one. It’s been going on for over 30 years. “Inappropriate” is a terrible outcome for a lot who were made to put up with a level of unwelcomeness, shall we say..

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:rofl:

Shouldnt be too hard chief. I absolutely can be a total arsehole. 😉

😀

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.7b6a7a0f05111e1dd27badd83b9f49f8.png

His interest seems to have evaporated away, almost like he had some sort of political agenda or something.

11 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Okay Spence :rofl:

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

He’s a bad one. Whether in the eyes of the law or not, he’s a bad one. It’s been going on for over 30 years. “Inappropriate” is a terrible outcome for a lot who were made to put up with a level of unwelcomeness, shall we say..

Have you met him? How do you know this?