The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The jury were either sympathisers, morons or both is my takeaway. I knew fine well they would let him walk, posted as much on Friday. The not guilty verdicts are a disgrace though. 9 woman branded liars because of cult of personality.

So based on the evidence put forward you had him as guilty?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

John Findlay
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

The jury were either sympathisers, morons or both is my takeaway. I knew fine well they would let him walk, posted as much on Friday. The not guilty verdicts are a disgrace though. 9 woman branded liars because of cult of personality.

Pure speculation on your part. You're just pissed off because you didnt get the verdict your politics wanted. The man has been found not guilty in a court of law, with a female judge in charge too. 

The evidence was weak. As I said questions should be asked of both the police and the PF's office.

7 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Ahahah I can't wait for Salmond's book on how he did it.

Get a grip.

He'll be spotted on the motorway in a slow, white Bronco any minute now :rofl:

Just now, Boris said:

So based on the evidence put forward you had him as guilty?

Certainly at absolute best not proven, an absurd anachronism of Scottish law but applicable to Salmond here. Salmond would have been sent down in England if he'd committed the same alleged offences there. You know it and so does Salmond. I'd say trying Salmond in Edinburgh for sexual assaults was comparable to putting Ken Dodd in the dock in Liverpool for tax evasion: Lucky to get a jury together.

John Findlay
Just now, JackLadd said:

Certainly at absolute best not proven, an absurd anachronism of Scottish law but applicable to Salmond here. Salmond would have been sent down in England if he'd committed the same alleged offences there. You know it and so does Salmond. I'd say trying Salmond in Edinburgh for sexual assaults was comparable to putting Ken Dodd in the dock in Liverpool for tax evasion: Lucky to get a jury together.

Where should he have been tried then?

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:conspiracy:

21 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair enough maybe not, but they were certainly prepared to provide evidence against him.  

One of the female witnesses was not only prepared, but excited to work with him again after he “assaulted her.”

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No we don't, know he doesn't, and most of all, no you don't either.

:greggy:

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I have zero doubt he committed the offences. A clear pattern of behaviour and 9 testimonies.

Good job you weren't on the jury then, a chance an innocent man going down.

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

It wasn't just rape he never did, he also never sexually harassed anyone.

True. He did admit to some pretty lascivious behaviour, and albeit tawdry, it wasn’t illegal.

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Which elements of his behaviour are you referring to?

All the elements which in his own defence he said were consensual.  At best he is a serial philanderer who did much of all while in the office of first minister.  That’s not appropriate behaviour for a first minister.  

Just now, JackLadd said:

Actually, I thought as it had gone to court the evidence must have been overwhelming against Salmond.

Edinburgh, the no voting, Tory electing SNP stronghold?

Not sure he would have been convicted in England. The evidence obviously wasn't strong enough. Dropping a charge mid trial seems a bit careless too.

Just now, Justin Z said:

No we don't, know he doesn't, and most of all, no you don't either.

:greggy:

Well, Bill Roach of Coronation Street walked liked Salmond so who knows. Certainly no nor proven option. Or are you going to argue that also. lol?

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Your behaviour is deplorable in this instance tbh.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Your behaviour is deplorable in this instance tbh.

And your view of the 9 woman is the same no doubt. Pathetic.

Space Mackerel
40 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There is cheating on your wife and there is numerous and repeated actions that have resulted in a number of women going to the police.  Not guilty in law but morally totally inappropriate.

also as horrid as Boris is he didn’t do that while being Prime minister.

This is a level of sexual behaviour with a number of different women that goes over and above having an affair.  

You seem to have him still guilty?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

And your view of the 9 woman is the same no doubt. Pathetic.

He's been found not guilty, get over it.

Big Slim Stylee

Well done the “Sweep it under the carpet” Edinburgh establishment.

Hes s ****ing smug little snake and no verdict changes that. 🙁

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

The Hogfather

While I haven't been privy to everything being said in the courtroom, I find it rather surprising that he's been acquitted of all charges. Are they saying 9 women were lying?

One way or another, I doubt this does much for any woman thinking of coming forward in similar circumstances.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Guilty of a crime absolutely not.

guilty of behaviour unbecoming of the office of first minister (which he has admitted to by his defence plea of consensual acts) absolutely.  

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

guilty of behaviour unbecoming of the office of first minister (which he has admitted to by his defence plea of consensual acts) absolutely.  

I personally know someone who was subject to some of his “inappropriate behaviour”. It’s a terrible result 🙁

26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I have zero doubt he committed the offences. A clear pattern of behaviour and 9 testimonies.

I hope you never ever sit on a jury for anything. Frighteningly misplaced morals.

12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

They always will.

Because above all else, they wanted points on the board for their side even if that meant sending an innocent man to prison.

Cretins.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:The yoons will be having a breakdown.

I imagine this will hit those who have suffered sexual abuse harder to be honest. And those who campaign against it.

But no, this should be about petty political point scoring.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

I imagine this will hit those who have suffered sexual abuse harder to be honest. And those who campaign against it.

It is all about political point scoring. 100%.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

They always will.

Because above all else, they wanted points on the board for their side even if that meant sending an innocent man to prison.

Cretins.

Sad but true. 

12 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Well done the “Sweep it under the carpet” Edinburgh establishment.

Hes s ****ing smug little snake and no verdict changes that. 🙁

So the jurors were all part of the "Edinburgh establishment"?  

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I pity you.

Whatever. If he had been found guilty the Yoons would have milked the shite out of it. 

What a sad thread this is now. The raving unionists have totally lost the plot but there's no need to gloat from others. I am glad Salmond has been found innocent but he should now bow out of politics

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I personally know someone who was subject to some of his “inappropriate behaviour”. It’s a terrible result 🙁

That’s sad to hear mate. Genuinely. He’s clearly a lascivious man, and the things he admitted to were creepy as hell.

I am an SNP voter, an independence supporter and I freely admit, I used to really like the guy as a politician. I have no respect for the way he has been carrying on behind closed doors though.

I won’t pry as to what your friend’s experience of him was, as it’s probably not the place to discuss it. She has my sympathies though genuinely.

He was up for attempted rape though. If he wasn’t guilty of that heinous crime, then it was the right result, surely? 

Not wanting to be insulting to your friend though. I hope she is okay. 

Despise the man but if he is not guilty he is not guilty. Hope his trial was fair and the verdict was the right one.

The Hogfather
Just now, Cruyff said:

Whatever. If he had been found guilty the Yoons would have milked the shite out of it. 

And they would have been just as pathetic for gloating about the things those women would've went through. But you crack on with that complete lack of class you suffer from. I hope you grow up one day.

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All your boats have sailed, let it go.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s sad to hear mate. Genuinely. He’s clearly a lascivious man, and the things he admitted to were creepy as hell.

I am an SNP voter, an independence supporter and I freely admit, I used to really like the guy as a politician. I have no respect for the way he has been carrying on behind closed doors though.

I won’t pry as to what your friend’s experience of him was, as it’s probably not the place to discuss it. She has my sympathies though genuinely.

He was up for attempted rape though. If he wasn’t guilty of that heinous crime, then it was the right result, surely? 

Not wanting to be insulting to your friend though. I hope she is okay. 

I’m genuinely so not shocked by the result. I’m not influenced by politics here either. He’s not one of the good ones. At all.🙁

9 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I think big part of the blame for that must lie with those who put the case against him together.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

And they would have been just as pathetic for gloating about the things those women would've went through. But you crack on with that complete lack of class you suffer from. I hope you grow up one day.

But they didn't go through anything because it never happened. 

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All the elements which in his own defence he said were consensual.  At best he is a serial philanderer who did much of all while in the office of first minister.  That’s not appropriate behaviour for a first minister.  

TBH I'm not sure what all of these are though, i do know because Sarah Smith of the BBC told me that he had two consensual sexual acts with one of his women accusers. From what i read i elsewhere these acts were not full sex and did not involve removal of clothes. I would not regard such things as "absolutely deplorable" but i could quite understand if his wife thought so. 

How such behaviour compares to say inventing reasons for starting a war that killed a million people or bombing civilian targets in Serbia or funding, training and arming Middle Eastern terrorists or the genocidally despotic Saudis is clearly whataboutery. Surely such acts as these are insignificant in comparison to consensual cuddle and reveal the reprehensible nature of Salmond's character.

It's great to see those who are without sin cast the first stones whether it be at Salmond's fidelity or the Jury's impartiality. Salmond did not deny that certain events took place and did not claim to have behaved well in some cases however if you want to use the case to find fault with the government you might consider who arranged the ring around and why they did it. Many of those involved seem to have been lying and conspiring against Salmond. However if the thought of a couple of extra marital, consensual cuddles horrifies you so much then fair enough.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

All your boats have sailed, let it go.

Your comments here do not reflect well on you.