Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Famous 1874

Game over if the news tonight is true that the senior civil servant shredded evidence 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Space Mackerel

    646

  • manaliveits105

    482

  • jack D and coke

    477

  • Smithee

    450

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Game over if the news tonight is true that the senior civil servant shredded evidence 


Link to this? 
 

Can’t find news on this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:


Link to this? 
 

Can’t find news on this 

From that rag so take with a pinch of salt. By purely guessing based on the comings and going’s of the situation I’d gauge that some of it is true. 

 

(it didn’t let paste the direct link to the article so I’ve attached a tweet which has the link in it)
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulysses
12 hours ago, luckydug said:

This is an Internet forum anyone can be anyone. 

 

 

True, but sometimes they are who they say they are.  Unfortunately, the post by @chuck berrys hairlinethat you quoted seems to have disappeared, so I can't quote it directly, but he may have a point.  When you see something you think is out of order, there are ways to deal with that, and ways not to.  I think I made the wrong call this time.

 

 

 

On 01/03/2021 at 01:57, Zlatanable said:

I am amazed I use the 'autism' defence as often as you make out. (you seem to know better than me, have I ever used it?)

From my pov as an autistic person I rarely do.  

 

As a person who is Autistic, yes, I am not pretending to be Autistic to gain modern progressive point scoring stuff. I am #ActuallyAutistic . 

 

The thing that disturbs me is your entire effort to wipe my character as a human being. I have never done that to other human beings, and I won't. You seem vicious in your comments about me. I am just a person.

 

 

 

 

@ZlatanableFor my own personal reasons, I have my biases on this issue.  I saw your posts, and formed an opinion that you were using autism as an excuse or a cover up for posts that in my view were out of order.  In the course of the exchange of posts between us it has become very clear that in fact you were not using autism as an excuse or cover up.  It is also clear that defending or explaining my opinion is only making the situation worse.   With that in mind, I am now withdrawing my comments, and apologising for any offence caused by them.

 

Apologies also to others for my off topic posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
41 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

 

True, but sometimes they are who they say they are.  Unfortunately, the post by @chuck berrys hairlinethat you quoted seems to have disappeared, so I can't quote it directly, but he may have a point.  When you see something you think is out of order, there are ways to deal with that, and ways not to.  I think I made the wrong call this time.

 

 

 

 

 

@ZlatanableFor my own personal reasons, I have my biases on this issue.  I saw your posts, and formed an opinion that you were using autism as an excuse or a cover up for posts that in my view were out of order.  In the course of the exchange of posts between us it has become very clear that in fact you were not using autism as an excuse or cover up.  It is also clear that defending or explaining my opinion is only making the situation worse.   With that in mind, I am now withdrawing my comments, and apologising for any offence caused by them.

 

Apologies also to others for my off topic posts.

He's full of shit. He's self diagnosed and wouldn't know autism if it slapped him in the face. 

 

 

I self diagnosed as having tourettes, but then I asked my doctor  and she told me my language was just fecking terrible. 

Edited by ri Alban
Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
On 28/02/2021 at 18:17, JDK2020 said:

 

I think it was Andrew Neil who first coined the banana republic phrase. One headline read :

 

ANDREW NEIL: Censorship, bullying, threats of jail... how Nicola Sturgeon's storm troops turned Scotland into a banana republic without the bananas


I think you are splitting hairs here by suggesting that he is doing down Scotland in it's entirety, all aspects of Scotland, including every last one of us.

Nor do I think you are doing it by accident, it's a well worn path for pro-indy supporters to travel : any criticism of Sturgeon, the SNP or the indy movement is automatically portrayed as an attack on Scotland itself, which you are entitled to believe if you wish. But what I read was him talking with Sturgeon and her cronies very much within his sights.

 

I sense that you, like other Sturgeon/indy supporters elsewhere, have real fears that she will not survive this crisis and are already changing the narrative in anticipation of that to one of - well we don't need Sturgeon for independence, it can still happen without her.

 

This of course may well be true, but the will it/won't it aspect only greatly adds to the whole spectacle for everyone. 

 

...and I agree 100% that the outburst at the covid briefing was ill-advised at best petulant, nasty and distasteful in it's insinuation. Possibly a sign that we could see fireworks on Wednesday is she cant keep her temper under control. 

Andrew Neil is just another pet Scot. 

One day I hope to meet these strange little traitors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Andrew Neil is just another pet Scot. 

One day I hope to meet these strange little traitors. 

I see Jack McConnell is coming up with new ideas to neuter the SNP. Like he tried to do and massively failed the first time they tried to rig this Parliament up. 
What no one can ever answer for me is why Scotland is to be denied? Why has there been such concerted amd prolonged efforts to ensure we stay at heel for centuries. As soon as the SNP formed they stopped producing receipts that showed we sent much money to WM than we received and saying it was “empire costs” Then inventing GERS to obfuscate our finances. Set up a Parliament but then try rig it?? Wtf man?!! Now it’s just we’ll be telt no?! It’s not like there’s anything even semi recent to point to for say nationalism causing unrest other than that bellend Jim Murphy getting egged. 
Sort of getting away from the point about NS and AS of last few days but anyway. 
 

D21A8753-A900-490E-9FE8-F5DE4EEDEE2E.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I see Jack McConnell is coming up with new ideas to neuter the SNP. Like he tried to do and massively failed the first time they tried to rig this Parliament up. 
What no one can ever answer for me is why Scotland is to be denied? Why has there been such concerted amd prolonged efforts to ensure we stay at heel for centuries. As soon as the SNP formed they stopped producing receipts that showed we sent much money to WM than we received and saying it was “empire costs” Then inventing GERS to obfuscate our finances. Set up a Parliament but then try rig it?? Wtf man?!! Now it’s just we’ll be telt no?! It’s not like there’s anything even semi recent to point to for say nationalism causing unrest other than that bellend Jim Murphy getting egged. 
Sort of getting away from the point about NS and AS of last few days but anyway. 
 

D21A8753-A900-490E-9FE8-F5DE4EEDEE2E.png

I wonder whats in it for Lord McConnell and Lady Davidson. I wonder indeed 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's full of shit. He's self diagnosed and wouldn't know autism if it slapped him in the face. 

 

 

I self diagnosed as having tourettes, but then I asked my doctor  and she told me my language was just fecking terrible. 

Jesus wept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Jesus wept.

I couldn't tell you if he did or not. Even a book told me so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

 

 

Whatever time the session is it will be 5 or 6 hours of waffle, refute and deflection.

 

She should also ask for a neck brace to keep her head steady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay

Everyone getting their knickers in a twist because politicians are behaving like.........err politicians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

Anyone thinking the SNP is going to give up the powers they have gained through COVID legislation are deluded. 
 

Immediate future is at grave risk here. Willing to throw sections of society to the wolves to further their agendas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Andrew Neil is just another pet Scot. 

One day I hope to meet these strange little traitors. 

 

Lol, and what are you gonna do like? 

 Even given his age, he would probably knock feck out of you!  :clyay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Everyone getting their knickers in a twist because politicians are behaving like.........err politicians.

 

That's right, a FM conspiring with others to have the previous FM, her colleague of 30 years, confidante, political partner and mentor slung in jail, whilst defying court orders to release files, is just an everyday occurrence of politicians behaving like politicians. 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

 

To be honest that would only be an improvement.  However, I think they are willing to see how these problems for the SNP play out in the lead up to the Holyrood elections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

 

We can live in hope, it's just a bloody circus these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

No. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

To be honest that would only be an improvement.  However, I think they are willing to see how these problems for the SNP play out in the lead up to the Holyrood elections.

 

As they say(ish) - if the opposition is making a howling arse of things, don't interrupt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

 

That would be a step to far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

 

 

No going back on devolution, just like the constitution.

 

That's why we have to be very careful to what we wish for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

That would be a step to far.

 

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

 

No going back on devolution, just like the constitution.

 

That's why we have to be very careful to what we wish for.

Gorgeous George has called for it already. All the hoose jocks calling us tinpot and a banana republic denigrating our Parliament. 
I see it all over Twitter and FB too. A LOT of “Scots” would be delighted if they shut it down let’s not kid ourselves. 
It took over a century for them to give us a wee glorified council to kiddy on it was a government but only after they tried to rig it so that that’s all it would ever be. Don’t forget the scare mongering before devolution too, basically saying the same things would happen as they do about full independence. 
Gove has recently mentioned keeping money back from the SG going forward too. 
I’m really not 100% convinced they wont and that plenty wouldnt be absolutely delighted about it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel

John Swinney has admitted ‘reservations were raised’ around the legality of the prior contact between the investigating officer and the complainants as early as October 2018 during the judicial review action brought by Alex Salmond.

The case was eventually conceded in January 2019 on the grounds the harassment complaints process was “tainted by apparent bias” due to the prior contact.

The admission raises further questions around why the Scottish Government continued to fight the judicial review despite this advice.

 

 

 

 
 
Edited by Boy Daniel
Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel

It comes as Geoff Aberdein, Alex Salmond’s former chief of staff, released a statement on Twitter about the non-publication of his evidence to the committee.

He said he was “disappointed and dismayed” at the suggestion of “opposing camps” within the SNP, but the publication of his evidence was “entirely a matter for Parliament”.

Mr Aberdein said: “I was informed by clerks of the committee in January of this year that for legal reasons they had taken the decision not to publish my submission in any form.

"This position was reiterated to me by the clerks today and I will not put myself in a position of contravening these legal considerations.

"I am very disappointed and dismayed at the prominent narrative of ‘opposing camps’ as far as the SNP is concerned.

"That does not reflect my experience of advising the SNP and Scottish Government.”

 

The publication of the legal advice also follows revelations in the Scottish Sun that permanent secretary Leslie Evans may have destroyed her notes of a ‘secret meeting’ between her and the First Minister in November 2018.

The paper reports that testimony to a commission on diligence from Ms Evans stated that while she takes notes from meetings with the First Minister, she destroys her notebooks once they are full.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

 

That's right, a FM conspiring with others to have the previous FM, her colleague of 30 years, confidante, political partner and mentor slung in jail, whilst defying court orders to release files, is just an everyday occurrence of politicians behaving like politicians. 😆

You must be a mere youngster. Do some reading on the history of British politics and British politicians. You will be surprised how tame this stooshie is compared to many others involving all the British major political parties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

 

Gorgeous George has called for it already. All the hoose jocks calling us tinpot and a banana republic denigrating our Parliament. 
I see it all over Twitter and FB too. A LOT of “Scots” would be delighted if they shut it down let’s not kid ourselves. 
It took over a century for them to give us a wee glorified council to kiddy on it was a government but only after they tried to rig it so that that’s all it would ever be. Don’t forget the scare mongering before devolution too, basically saying the same things would happen as they do about full independence. 
Gove has recently mentioned keeping money back from the SG going forward too. 
I’m really not 100% convinced they wont and that plenty wouldnt be absolutely delighted about it. 

 

Any Scot that is of that view put forward that the Scottish Parliament should be closed, should be met with derision and contempt. It isn't even an acceptable view in my book. 

Edited by Cruyff
Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You must be a mere youngster. Do some reading on the history of British politics and British politicians. You will be surprised how tame this stooshie is compared to many others involving all the British major political parties.

 

I wish.

 

But we're talking about the here and now, in the biggest thing to hit Scottish politics for decades, not casting back years or decades.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to play it down to just another everyday political spat not worth bothering about.

Well, actually I can...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every step still difficult 

 

 

 

Think the FM was hoping to keep the Wolffe from the door

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Jackie Baillie is not holding back and has him rather rattled.

Is this on tv at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020

FFS, that's the Lord Advocate?

He's a bumbling fool.

No wonder wee Nippy gives him the runaround to do her bidding.  :clyay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Lord Advocate Wolff is showing signs of being an angry bear

 

Baillie is under his skin

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Salmond submission in full to the Ministerial Code inquiry 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
46 minutes ago, steve123 said:

James Matthews (@jamesmatthewsky) / Twitter

 

Pushing ahead with no confidence vote until all information released.

If enough information is released to get the Green party back onside then the vote of confidence would become a waste of time imo. 

Like it or not the Green Party hold the balance of power. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

 

Gorgeous George has called for it already. All the hoose jocks calling us tinpot and a banana republic denigrating our Parliament. 
I see it all over Twitter and FB too. A LOT of “Scots” would be delighted if they shut it down let’s not kid ourselves. 
It took over a century for them to give us a wee glorified council to kiddy on it was a government but only after they tried to rig it so that that’s all it would ever be. Don’t forget the scare mongering before devolution too, basically saying the same things would happen as they do about full independence. 
Gove has recently mentioned keeping money back from the SG going forward too. 
I’m really not 100% convinced they wont and that plenty wouldnt be absolutely delighted about it. 

 

 

"  “Scots”   "  :jj_facepalm:

 

 

 

 

:clyay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This guy is a clown and Sturgeon puppet.

 

Switched it off

 

He was all over the place at times. Ums and errs galore. Not very fluent in his replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Switched it off

 

He was all over the place at times. Ums and errs galore. Not very fluent in his replies.

 

James Wolffe and David Harvie both. No wonder the "Clown Office" is being viewed with such contempt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If enough information is released to get the Green party back onside then the vote of confidence would become a waste of time imo. 

Like it or not the Green Party hold the balance of power. 

 

This is true

 

Harvie has turned it in to the Slimy Green Party

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...