The rise and fall of The SNP.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Yep, served on the jury of a rape case a few years back too. Was quite clear that the perpetrator was guilty of something, but the prosecution's case was flimsy and the defence lawyer very slippery, so despite us jurors desperately wanting to convict, there just wasn't a compelling case and the charges were not proven.

Very frustrating, but I'd imagine it happens all the time.

The case I was involved in wasn’t sure clear . He presented very well in the dock . She didn’t . They were both pissed when the allegation happened so it was impossible to judge who was able to actually give consent ! I just recall the judge stating quite clearly we had to be really convinced of his guilt “ beyond reasonable doubt “ we weren’t . Not guilty . 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Maroon Sailor

This will conclude that the Scottish Government made mistakes which they deeply regret but they have leant from it.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, JimKongUno said:

Has anyone rattled her enough to get her head bobbing about like mad yet? 

Ms Mitchell

Thus far, watching both Salmond and Sturgeon facing the committee, they're swatting away these questions with ease.

That's not a comment on the behaviour or truthfulness of either of them, but they're clearly capable political operators.

This may change when Jackie Baillie and Murdo Fraser get their teeth into Sturgeon, but there's nothing damaging at all here yet.

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Thus far, watching both Salmond and Sturgeon facing the committee, they're swatting away these questions with ease.

That's not a comment on the behaviour or truthfulness of either of them, but they're clearly capable political operators.

This may change when Jackie Baillie and Murdo Fraser get their teeth into Sturgeon, but there's nothing damaging at all here yet.

The folk you would expect to go after her have not spoken yet, they waived their right to ask about the policy I think because she has already admitted the mistakes.

Maroon Sailor

So Geoff Aberdein gets to know the name of one of the complainants from a senior government officer and the FM doesn't know who it was that leaked it

Stumbling, bumbling, deflecting eh eh eh, to the best of my knowledge

bailie Had her vet uncomfortable 

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The folk you would expect to go after her have not spoken yet, they waived their right to ask about the policy I think because she has already admitted the mistakes.

I was about 15 mins behind as I paused it. Certainly much better questioning now we're on to Jackie Baillie

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

I was about 15 mins behind as I paused it. Certainly much better questioning now we're on to Jackie Baillie

👍 thankfully heating up.

So she's resorting to the old mafia defence. 

I didn't see anything, I wasn't there and if I was there I must have been sleeping 

Maroon Sailor

So as far as she is aware Salmond knew about the complainant's name through Flickr 

Maroon Sailor

I just can't accept that the FM doesn't know who leaked a complainant's name.

She should have made it her business to know for a serious confidentiality breach like that and done something about it.

It is all going to come down to what the Greens etc do with vote of no confidence, I can't think her ignorance excuse is going to impress many.

Her reasons for not involving the police when knowledge of the leak became known is pathetic. 

I haven’t managed to watch up until now but picking up what commentators are saying one thing stood out. She can’t remember the meeting on the 29th March but can rambler what was said. I may be wrong in what I’ve gleaned from the reports.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

To be fair here, in this case the P in PHM could stand for past or perv...

Predatory. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not watched it, is Nicola proving that she is made of Teflon? 

Doing pretty well so far

It's quite reassuring that the 1st minister has a memory like a fish. I suppose they didn't call her Sturgeon for nothing. 

Even better she doesn't even know if she knows something. 

I'm waiting for her to tell them to ask Peter 

Sturgeon makes a good point that she could have been criticised for doing the opposite of what she did. 

She's still going with the 'Salmond is guilty' approach. There are plenty of disputes that are settled and don't become public. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So many clued up people here in matters of law and ministerial codes. 

Plus someone earlier claiming they know the state of Scottish financial affairs AFTER Independence...

I feel blessed.

There's none so blind as those who will not see. 

Questions asked about the 2 complainants making their complaints before the new complaints process was formally signed off.

jambostuart
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Questions asked about the 2 complainants making their complaints before the new complaints process was formally signed off.

A good question poorly worded and Sturgeon dodged a bullet with it

It's all getting a playgroundy now. 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The convener and deputy convener arguing with each other. Proper tetchy with each other.

I think the deputy convenor has forgotten her role, how can we possibly take this investigation seriously when the 2 convenors are arguing amongst themselves?

Ohhhh ya , she says she was trying to let an old friend down gently and said she might intervene to placate him 🤣👍

Malinga the Swinga

Don't think today will resolve anything. Her supporters will say she has done her best in difficult circumstances and we should accept her ministerial errors and move on. 

Detractors will say she should quit or be forced out. 

The neutrals will simply ask 'what the **** is going on'. 

After this though, comes the legal investigations into criminality and that is where real worries for SG lie. 

This isn't the end, its just the beginning. 

manaliveits105

One of my favourites today was when one of the questioners referred in error to AS as the First Minister and in true Stallone Judge Dread style Nicky said  firmly   I AM THE FIRST MINISTER !

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not a good look when the SNP convenor and the Tory deputy convenor have a bit of a contretemps.  

They need their lunch.

Plenty of cold should sandwiches 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't think today will resolve anything. Her supporters will say she has done her best in difficult circumstances and we should accept her ministerial errors and move on. 

Detractors will say she should quit or be forced out. 

The neutrals will simply ask 'what the **** is going on'. 

After this though, comes the legal investigations into criminality and that is where real worries for SG lie. 

This isn't the end, its just the beginning. 

Surely if that's the case, the public will make up their minds on election Day 

I can’t watch this. The Committee are as ****ing hopeless as anyone else. They are arguing amongst themselves ffs

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

I can’t watch this. The Committee are as ****ing hopeless as anyone else. They are arguing amongst themselves ffs

Party allegiances coming into to play. 

Hagar the Horrible

The committee are not landing any real punches on her, there is a smoking gun in there, but Wee Nic has no recolection of taking a bullet, putting it into a gun and firing the gun, Trump could learn a few things

manaliveits105

The Minnion will eke some concession out of the nats like bring zero carbon forward 2 years and more cycle lanes and not give a vonc and this brass nick will not do the right thing but hopefully the good people of Scotland give her the vickys in May to say we dont do liars .