• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Pasquale for King

Mathematically it is not yet last chance saloon but last week's game and now this week's have a feeling of Hearts v Ayr Utd 1977.  

HardcoreJambo
33 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Stendel has these chancers sussed. 

If we stay up, I suspect a large proportion of the squad will be emptied this coming summer. I would expect an entirely new first team squad. I can honestly see him binning the likes of Halkett, Walker and even Naismith if they don't start producing the goods. After he told Berra and Whelan their time here was up he made it abundantly clear no one at Hearts is safe. He's ruthless and its what we need. Stendel really needs a preseason to integrate his football philosophy and tactics as the current set of players are struggling with them. I feel he needs to surrender to the fact we really need to win even if its ugly and not free flowing football. 1-0 will do. So long as we win.

8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The some “realism from Stendel there “ quickly turned into Stendel beating did it not?

Do you fancy quoting him on what he says about the players and offering some comment on that? Or is it strictly a bash Stendel agenda you have?

Yes you are right bud. What would he have said if Stendel had come out and said the players

at Hearts are shite  I wish I had never come here.

We have to be realistic in what we are watching here. Stendel has arrived and quickly realised that the situation at Hearts is way worse than he anticipated. He is trying to change a mentality that has been laid down by CL and the players are taking time to adapt to it...this is fair and squarely to be laid at the door of AB had she rid the club of CL at the end of last season and brought in a new manager we would not be seeing players struggling to change their game they would have had a full pre season to get into the way of things. Our problems are mainly defensive the players are not fully understanding or don't have the tools in the box to play that style of football . However what do the fans actually want? A manager who is sending his team out to try to win a game... or a manager who was sending his players out with the instruction never mind the win just dinnae get beat.

Your reap what you sow and AB has sown some bad seeds when it could and should have been so much easier to make the right decisions.

Under Levein I hated the (IMO) the attitude of the players, zero fight and no f**ks given after repeated poor performances. 

That attitude had\has infected the squad, 

A new manager should have created a bounce effect in the players. But this mindset made sure that did not happen. 

The quicker Stendel gets rid of these guys the better. 

To back that up, look at the attitude of Daly and others when they left the club. 

Poor me, not one mention of how they left the club at the bottom of the league 

Edited by jumpship

Stendel says all the right things ( this might well be mainly to get his players motivated ) but we still need to start winning on the field. That’s his job to deliver and deliver it quickly. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Some folk just don't seem understand that when the rot sets in, it's really difficult to turn it around. For us this has been the case over the best part of 3 and a half seasons, where we have been on a slow and steady decline since Nelson left, culminating in us barely being able to win a game since November 2018 . 

Daniel Stendel has us looking like a far better team in possession than any other time in the last 3 and a half seasons. We've improved in lots of ways but individual mistakes and poor quality from certain players have cost us or we'd be miles away from where we are. Yet, Stendel isn't making excuses about injuries, blaming players etc.. 

We're very close to being a decent side. It might be one game away. A good win and a clean sheet can see a change in fortunes.

I've no doubt if/when he turns this around, we'll be a better team and better club going forward. 

Pretty much where I'm at and I'd like to add I'm enjoying going to the football more than I have for a good wee while. (Awful feckin weather aside). Sacking a manager after 13 games, thankfully is not what Mrs Budge is all about, thankfully. 

I've said elsewhere a few times I think the players, in general get an easy ride on here. They need to give themselves a feckin shake and wake up

Edited by Jamhammer

Its all looked rather ominous since Stendel's appointment - I don't think he's the man for the job, we should cut our losses now while there is still time

What I see now is a group of players trying to implement tactics some are unable to perform. There's a number of reasons for this, some lack ability, some aren't fit enough, some are uncomfortable with their position and some probably just don't get it!

The system we're trying to play requires everyone to play their position well and do exactly what the manager tells them. Its dot to dot football - when X gets the ball Y goes into position 1 and Z goes to position 3. That way it becomes instinctive. Liverpool are the blue print, but unfortunately they're physio probably gets paid more than our highest earner.

What's not lacking is commitment and drive we are shipping goals due to mistakes and not playing the system but they're not giving up - had we been 2-0 down previously we'd have lost the game 3-1 no doubt.

Stendel needs to harness the energy and determination and find a basic version of his system that these players can play, tighten up at the back and allow them to think for themselves a bit more. The second on Saturday all starts from a Zlamal pass to Souttar - really that should've been hammered up field, but under Stendel that's not allowed so Zlamal who is playing for his place carries out instructions and we get ourselves in a mess. (Clare should no better than to make the foul, however)

We can beat any team in this league with our squad if we just play to our strengths. I think this is what Stendel is trying to say here, we can't keep saying it'll be better next week we have to prove it, and any player who is looking for others to do that for them needs to think again.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

The guy credited with creating the copy & paste feature has just passed away. You are a lasting tribute to his work, a mind numbing boring one but a tribute none the less.  

See much originality and new thoughts on here? It is the same shit by everyone, on every thread.

9 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

I think you are wrong on that one. Maybe a less maroon tinted view is more realistic. Can you show me where I've talked nonsense? Can you point out the fallacies in my posts? Opinions are everywhere here, mine is just one of them.

What team do you support out of interest?

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

See much originality and new thoughts on here? It is the same shit by everyone, on every thread.

Self-awareness much?

40 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

Its all looked rather ominous since Stendel's appointment - I don't think he's the man for the job, we should cut our losses now while there is still time

Interesting posting history. Assume you just registered two weeks ago with the sole purpose of having a go at Stendel? All ten posts of yours are criticising him

You reek so much of Hibs, it's stinking out the forum.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

44 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

Hobo alert

10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A popular opinion for many. Not for me however. 1998 comes after 2012 and before 2006 final for me. That’s if we can even call 1998 “modern times”? I certainly wouldn’t call 1986 modern times.

Both were bigger than this Friday is though, no arguments there.

Modern times or not 1998 comes before 2012. Your just too young to appreciate it🤪😎

10 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yes, but Stendel needs them.

If we go down it will be the players I blame, not the current management.  Some of these players have been poor under 3 or 4 managers now (including interims). No more excuses.

15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Interesting posting history. Assume you just registered two weeks ago with the sole purpose of having a go at Stendel? All ten posts of yours are criticising him

You reek so much of Hibs, it's stinking out the forum.

Yeah because one league win in 11 games is acceptable.

I must be a Hibs fan if I don't agree he's the saviour.

5 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

You'd have a point if he'd inherited a winning team

He is absolutely right in his article. It’s time and time now for the players to put a stop to any more excuses and start producing on the park 

Thing is and whilst everyone is putting the boot in from the media, other teams, other supporters, I’ve heard a lot of folk posting recently saying the only way to stop it is to start getting wins on the board 

So true. 

Weather permitting we go to St Liedown on Friday and feckin take them. This is the same  shite house of a club who hadn’t lost more than 2 goals in a game and suddenly lost 5 goals Against one of the so called establishment clubs in a certain season 

Dont know if Stendel has a team talk sorted out yet but he should just remind the players of this fact and before they run out of the tunnel on Friday 

At the end of the day apart from saving ourselves, we are in the position that we could possibly relegate St Midden if we pull the finger out quickly

If we aren’t fighting for a European position there is still major motivation for us and the players to pull this back apart from the obvious 

and if we did end up relegating that f...... shower in the process then that would be a nice bit of good “karma” to end the season with 

HHGH 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Can't decide whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing if there was some section on the site we could go to see who has us on ignore.

Obviously I do not have you on ignore: us kings should stick together ;)

Kings before Rings 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
8 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

Your post is a bit strange mate but for what it's worth I understand where you are coming from.  I am concerned about the appointment of Stendel.  This calling out of the players either works or it backfires in his face, I have a bad feeling it will be the backfire.  I will be going to Paisley if the game make's it, I am just getting behind the badge now, I have stopped over thinking everything I read.  

1 hour ago, KingRudi51 said:

You been in a coma for 18 months?

3 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Your post is a bit strange mate but for what it's worth I understand where you are coming from.  I am concerned about the appointment of Stendel.  This calling out of the players either works or it backfires in his face, I have a bad feeling it will be the backfire.  I will be going to Paisley if the game make's it, I am just getting behind the badge now, I have stopped over thinking everything I read.  

I genuinely think in all honesty that if any of the players who read that article try and down tools or cause problems, on the basis of what was said, they would need removed permanently from the club 

It would be conclusive proof that these so called players are part of the overall problem if this was the case 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

I genuinely think in all honesty that if any of the players who read that article try and down tools or cause problems, on the basis of what was said, they would need removed permanently from the club 

It would be conclusive proof that these so called players are part of the overall problem if this was the case 

You are probably right and if that's the case we are down already.  I am just reminded of what happened at Hibs with Terry Butcher.  New manager in slates players, players down tools as they know either way they will be finding a new club for next season.  Let's see what Friday brings but you are right in your assessment for me.

1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

You are probably right and if that's the case we are down already.  I am just reminded of what happened at Hibs with Terry Butcher.  New manager in slates players, players down tools as they know either way they will be finding a new club for next season.  Let's see what Friday brings but you are right in your assessment for me.

Stendel is not “slating” the players though?

He is being completely honest in his assessment of them. Telling a few home truths and the majority are taking that and trying to improve their performances and adapt to the new style of football.

Slating is not a term I would use.

52 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What I see now is a group of players trying to implement tactics some are unable to perform. There's a number of reasons for this, some lack ability, some aren't fit enough, some are uncomfortable with their position and some probably just don't get it!

The system we're trying to play requires everyone to play their position well and do exactly what the manager tells them. Its dot to dot football - when X gets the ball Y goes into position 1 and Z goes to position 3. That way it becomes instinctive. Liverpool are the blue print, but unfortunately they're physio probably gets paid more than our highest earner.

What's not lacking is commitment and drive we are shipping goals due to mistakes and not playing the system but they're not giving up - had we been 2-0 down previously we'd have lost the game 3-1 no doubt.

Stendel needs to harness the energy and determination and find a basic version of his system that these players can play, tighten up at the back and allow them to think for themselves a bit more. The second on Saturday all starts from a Zlamal pass to Souttar - really that should've been hammered up field, but under Stendel that's not allowed so Zlamal who is playing for his place carries out instructions and we get ourselves in a mess. (Clare should no better than to make the foul, however)

We can beat any team in this league with our squad if we just play to our strengths. I think this is what Stendel is trying to say here, we can't keep saying it'll be better next week we have to prove it, and any player who is looking for others to do that for them needs to think again.

Bang on the money with this one. 

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Stendel is not “slating” the players though?

He is being completely honest in his assessment of them. Telling a few home truths and the majority are taking that and trying to improve their performances and adapt to the new style of football.

Slating is not a term I would use.

Again fair enough but we all know what he is getting at.  I tell you what else, if there is any division between the player and manager this will increase it.  You can see it now, he blames the players, they in turn blame the tactics.  As I said two post backs mate what will be will be, I am just going to support the team on the park and the represent the wider club for everything it has been, the history, the good times.  Tears are part of a history but we will always be here.

6 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

He's not slating them, he's saying as a collective group they all need to step up and get results, he's included himself in that.

Butcher said they were all shite and should start looking for new clubs - so they did, he also had about 7 loan players who couldn't give two ****s about Hibs. They weren't even in relegation trouble when Butcher took over. This isn't even close to what he did at HIbs!

10 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, bashing Stendel because results have been an utter disaster since he came in and he doesn't seem able to recognise the mistakes he is making that are contributing to that. Given the dire situation we are in, I think we should have sacked him on Saturday evening. His main complaints about the player in that article seem to be that the players don't understand the situation the club are in. If that is the problem, that seems to me like the kind of thing it is the responsibility of a manager to get across to them.

Unlike you I back Hearts being successful over backing Stendel, so I doubt we're going to find much common ground. I can't get on board with this mentality of "if we go down, we go down" just as long as we all back Stendel and we get the privilege of watching him manage us in the Championship . My agenda is to see Hearts stay in the Premiership at all costs. If I was in Budge's shoes, I'd say it is less of a risk to replace Stendel now than to keep him on at hope something turns up. If you want to call that a "bash Stendel agenda" I have no real issue with that.

Last 5 games we've taken more points than Hamilton St Midden and Ross County 

We have put up with 2 and a half years of dross, eye bleeding football and absolutely bang average signings on long contracts who mostly contributed **** all, half were not even football players but hey lets chuck the manager after 2 months - 

Not for me I want him to continue and so do most i suspect but opinions like a*** holes every body has one

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Stendel says all the right things ( this might well be mainly to get his players motivated ) but we still need to start winning on the field. That’s his job to deliver and deliver it quickly. 

So what’s the players job? Are they not culpable in this, or do they continue to get a free ride?

Francis Albert

Impressed that the Record made him sound so coherent considering some players struggle with  his English according to the Sun.

And generally the next game is always the most important!

Edited by Francis Albert

38 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You'd have a point if he'd inherited a winning team

Not many managers who replaced someone who was sacked inherit a winning team. The replacement is meant to change that, he’s failing this far. 

If we can get through this season and for the record I think we will, next season I believe will be like night and day to this.

Ive seen enough change in attitude and style to lead me to that conclusion.

Yes we have had some terrible results and yes there have been some individual errors leading to soft goals but look at the bigger picture?

Fighting back to win games. Fighting back to scrape draws. That is a sure sign the players care, are fighting for the manager and fighting for survival.

That attitude coupled with support from the stands and a manager with attacking philosophy will stand us in good stead.

Just need to stay up!!

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Impressed that the Record made him sound so coherent considering some players struggle with  his English according to the Sun.

I listened to his interview on STV. He spoke well and there was no issue understanding him at all. Personally I think he struggles at times as when he’s asked a question he is fighting back the urge to shout out this club is a fecking shambles and the majority of the players are losers!!!

6 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I think he sent the wrong message in the way he treated Berra. That was the club captain, someone who had respect and experience. While he might not have been playing at his best and on the decline, it would have been smart to have him on your side for the dressing room. 

Unfortunately Christophe was apparently on 5 grand a week and The manager was told get rid before get new players in

There are many layers to the trouble we are in.

Our 5 year plan was meant to have nothing to do with signing players like whelan and Damour but id guess we spunked another 8 to 10 grand a week between those two imposters. Whelan greeting he's been thrown under a bus when he won 1 game in 15 in a hearts strip.........**** off

The wage bill is clearly a problem or we would have signed another couple in January - Or 10 like under Cathro and Craigs last summer (Oh 1 or 2 quality players turned in to be 9 i think)  

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If we can get through this season and for the record I think we will, next season I believe will be like night and day to this.

Yes we have had some terrible results and yes there have been some individual errors leading to soft goals but look at the bigger picture?

Fighting back to win games. Fighting back to scrape draws. That is a sure sign the players care, are fighting for the manager and fighting for survival.

That attitude coupled with support from the stands and a manager with attacking philosophy will stand us in good stead.

Just need to stay up!!

Change the fighting back to win games to fighting back to win game and I'm entirely with you (if we stay up).

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Change the fighting back to win games to fighting back to win game and I'm entirely with you (if we stay up).

Apologies it should be singular 👍 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Modern times or not 1998 comes before 2012. Your just too young to appreciate it🤪😎

All about opinions Sadj. I was 18 on that glorious day back in 1998. Was incredible.

2012 eclipses it for me though.

Accept this is not the case for others... anyway, are you not only about two years older than me? :lol:

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Self-awareness much?

Geoff Kilpatrick responding to one of my posts with an inane dig.  As I said, no originality.

47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He's not slating them, he's saying as a collective group they all need to step up and get results, he's included himself in that.

Butcher said they were all shite and should start looking for new clubs - so they did, he also had about 7 loan players who couldn't give two ****s about Hibs. They weren't even in relegation trouble when Butcher took over. This isn't even close to what he did at HIbs!

I think you are being a bit naive, the way he emptied Berra and others was pretty severe and will have shook the players, both those that agree'd and those that didn't.  Not looking for an argument but Daniel has made some big statements by actions and also verbally.  Listen, if I could see or thought his masterplan was working I wouldn't care but right now it's not even close to working imo

31 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just need to stay up!!

This is what I absolutely desperately want to believe, and want to happen. I have some doubts, but I’ll be supporting the team and management as we go. Just hope he has something up his sleeve to halt this rubbish form.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, KingRudi51 said:

Jesus wept, do people actually engage their brains before posting, or is this the standard we expect nowadays, away and play with your own fans ffs! 

37 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just need to stay up!!

I said that after the Scottish cup final last year.  It is our culture that stinks.  We regress every year.  It will get worse under that woman.

If Stendel doesn't change tactics and we lose against St Mirren we are as good as relegated. 

The supporters who called for Leveins head and booed the players, destroying their confidence in the process, will have only themselves to blame. Of course they won't accept that.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If Stendel doesn't change tactics and we lose against St Mirren we are as good as relegated. 

The supporters who called for Leveins head and booed the players, destroying their confidence in the process, will have only themselves to blame. Of course they won't accept that.

Should get a few bites with that  one 👍