£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

21 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Was going to give an argument back to this until I seen your name.

Lose each time but insist that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Okay, thanks.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's quite a high price to pay, particularly if you want to take a couple of kids. Factor in the other associated costs like travel and food/drink then it becomes an expensive day out. 

I don't mind paying for my seat, but I do feel for others who have additional expenses. 

Football is way too expensive nowadays.

So is beer. 

6 hours ago, braveheart said:

Can't remember but how much were the tickets for the last Scottish cup v Hibs?

Hibs is always the same as category A prices for the seats in question. Section PR for the game on 21/1/18 was £44 each (Still got the stub). 

Edited by JCR

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s not cheap but it’s kind of what I expect to pay for the football these days

Yeah. If Scotland qualify for the Euros, the 3 matches at Hampden have €50/€125/€185 tickets, and if you really wanted to go you are likely paying one of the higher categories as demand likely massively outstrips supply for the €50 ones. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JCR said:

Yeah. If Scotland qualify for the Euros, the 3 matches at Hampden have €50/€125/€185 tickets, and if you really wanted to go you are likely paying one of the higher categories as demand likely massively outstrips supply for the €50 ones. 

true. Mind you, I’d never pay to watch Scotland 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps. 😎🍺

I am sure you are doing your best to buck the trend 👍🏻

But us poor middle-classes (booo) make choices like this every week. Couple of beers? Cinema? Football? Out for a meal? Feed the kids? 

Cheap season tickets for us oppressed middle classes in our cosy suburban homes please!! 

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But us poor middle-classes (booo) make choices like this every week. Couple of beers? Cinema? Football? Out for a meal? Feed the kids? 

Cheap season tickets for us oppressed middle classes in our cosy suburban homes please!! 

All about priorities. 🤪

Jambo in Yorkshire

I was at the Barnsley game today, good win over Boro.

At half time they announced that tickets were still available for the game at Hull in midweek.

The price for an adult is £33, child under ten is £9.

I think £30 for a cup quarter final looks far better value.

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which is why less people are buying beer. 

It's old age in most cases, not the price. 

Thought I'd see what I could find out across the 3 all premier ties in the quarter finals and how these would compare with league games.  There is still a few permutations to complete all analysis but it isn't always that easy as some clubs focus more on up and coming games and don't archive historic stuff as much.  And I could only be bothered doing a couple of Google page searches.

Based on adult prices

Hearts v. Rangers 2020 Quarter Final

Obviously £30 across the piece.

Tickets for a standard home league game with Rangers would be £38 - £32, Rangers fans would pay £34 or £32. 

We would pay £32 for a league game at Ibrox.

(Gap in what Rangers fans would expect to pay for a home game against us)

Aberdeen v. Rangers 2019 Quarter Final

At the quarter final stage last year tickets were priced at £27 for the replay at Ibrox across the piece, the league price was £30 for Aberdeen fans.  Struggling to find what the adult pricing structure is for Rangers home games against Abrdeen.

Aberdeen charged their fans £26 for the initial tie although £22 for the Merkland stand. 

They have a more tiered pricing structure for league games against CAT A games ranging for their home fans ranging from £25 - £32.

(Gap in what Rangers were charged and what in the league game)

St.Mirren v. Aberdeen 2020 Quarter Final

Aberdeen fans would normally £22 to go to St. Mirren, this time they pay £20.

Standard league pricing for St. Mirren fans would be £22 - £24

St. Johnstone v. Celtic 2020 Quarter Final

Cup game priced at £25

Last I can see is St. Johnstone charging £28 for their home fans v. Celtic but the their website wasn't time stamped

(Gap with what St. Johnstone charged Celtic)

Bazzas right boot
On 22/02/2020 at 16:59, Nookie Bear said:

Surley the difference of £20,£25 or £30 won't decide it tho. 

It was never going to be a tenner. 

Always going to be imo between £24-£30.

It's at the higher end, but was always going to be around £25.

I don't believe that £5 or so is make or break for as many folk as folk are stating. 

Football in general  being overpriced is a different debate I think. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't believe that £5 or so is make or break for as many folk as folk are stating. 

Perhaps £30 is a psychological barrier that people are unhappy with?

Should have priced it at £29.99 😁

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps £30 is a psychological barrier that people are unhappy with?

Should have priced it at £29.99 😁

You laugh, but there is truth there. 

£29 would maybe have stopped folk having a meltdown. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe it's a slow ticket sales , as were absolutely shite ?    And the fact its half 5 ko    live on tv in pubs and the weather will be brutal !      These facts say it's going to be a smaller crowd, no just pricing , 

28 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Maybe it's a slow ticket sales , as were absolutely shite ?    And the fact its half 5 ko    live on tv in pubs and the weather will be brutal !      These facts say it's going to be a smaller crowd, no just pricing , 

I think it's a mixture of all these things plus having Derby tickets to buy as well. 

It's an expensive time. 

20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think it's a mixture of all these things plus having Derby tickets to buy as well. 

It's an expensive time. 

Plus it's still a couple of days until pay day for those on a monthly salary.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Can someone please correct the thread title? Driving me absolutely spare.

Leave it !

It’s there for comedy purposes !

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Leave it !

It’s there for comedy purposes !

Not even read the thread after the first reply a good few days ago. Just keep seeing the title and getting all bent out of shape about it. :rofl: 

Having paid £58 to watch Newcastle v Norwich recently.( Family weekend away with wife, her sister and sisters husband) Which was unbelievably dull, lacking both atmosphere and quality. Maybe HMFC not such bad value after all

7 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Having paid £58 to watch Newcastle v Norwich recently.( Family weekend away with wife, her sister and sisters husband) Which was unbelievably dull, lacking both atmosphere and quality. Maybe HMFC not such bad value after all

Good point. A few years ago I went to visit a good friend (who is a member on here) down south, and we took in a couple of games. Saturday we were at Crawley Town v Mansfield Town, and Sunday was Arsenal v Manchester United.

In all honesty, I enjoyed the Crawley game more! Great times in the “Reds Bar”, terraces annaw! 😄

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Good point. A few years ago I went to visit a good friend (who is a member on here) down south, and we took in a couple of games. Saturday we were at Crawley Town v Mansfield Town, and Sunday was Arsenal v Manchester United.

In all honesty, I enjoyed the Crawley game more! Great times in the “Reds Bar”, terraces annaw! 😄

You keep some iffy company fella.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Indeed... you are the iffiest though. 😄

Sergey hangs about non league English football apparently.

Are you Sergey then?

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I am with you here.  I doubt it would make much difference.  I seem to remember our 1/4 Final in 2012 was very poorly attended against St.Mirren.  Maybe only 9000 there despite being £15 a ticket.  Home cup ties just don't have the same appeal as they used to.  Playing Rangers twice in quick succession probably doesn't help either.

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

I am with you here.  I doubt it would make much difference.  I seem to remember our 1/4 Final in 2012 was very poorly attended against St.Mirren.  Maybe only 9000 there despite being £15 a ticket.  Home cup ties just don't have the same appeal as they used to.  Playing Rangers twice in quick succession probably doesn't help either.

Watched it in a pub in Madrid.

Was at the replay though !

13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Sergey hangs about non league English football apparently.

Are you Sergey then?

Must be. The logic is undeniable. 😄

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Must be. The logic is undeniable. 😄

Indeed.

Either that or you're hanging out with him.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

So what should the price be. The moaners will complain no matter what.

£20 adults and £10 concessions.

15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed.

Either that or you're hanging out with him.

Yeah, might be that too.  😆

been here before
28 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Aye but they're not they're 30 quid plus various concessions. The reasons have been well discussed to the point of tedium. If your not happy dont buy one, like it or lump it. 

Sitting there redefining ennui whilst whinging your bollocks off spouting the same crap thats been done to death by others over 6 pages isnt changing anything.

Gies peace.

Edited by been here before

26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As someone mentioned earlier, quarter final v St Mirren in March 2012. £15 and a crowd of 8,859.

20 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye but they're not they're 30 quid plus various concessions. The reasons have been well discussed to the point of tedium. If your not happy dont buy one, like it or lump it. 

Sitting there redefining ennui whilst whinging your bollocks off spouting the same crap thats been done to death by others over 6 pages isnt changing anything.

Gies peace.

Talk about being an arse. If you read my post it was in response to someone asking what people thought the price should be.

Many an online discussion board in which people discuss things isn’t for you!!

Pasquale for King

Maybe they should’ve guaranteed people who buy tickets a semi final ticket if they wanted it and we get there?

Both clubs are going to lose money by putting them at these prices instead of £20-25.

I got mine on Thursday and I can’t wait, get yourself a ticket 👍🏽.

It's more to do with the way we're playing I think. If we were playing well people would moan about the prices but would buy tickets anyway, the fact that we're playing crap means folk will moan about the price and watch the game at home or in the pub. 

9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

It's more to do with the way we're playing I think. If we were playing well people would moan about the prices but would buy tickets anyway, the fact that we're playing crap means folk will moan about the price and watch the game at home or in the pub. 

Agreed.  

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe they should’ve guaranteed people who buy tickets a semi final ticket if they wanted it and we get there?

Both clubs are going to lose money by putting them at these prices instead of £20-25.

I got mine on Thursday and I can’t wait, get yourself a ticket 👍🏽.

Wouldn't be much point.  If we make the semi then every Hearts supporter that wants a ticket will get one.  Regardless of who we play.

Just went on etickets and was actually shocked by how many available seats there are.  I knew ticket sales were slow but didn't think they were this bad.  At this rate we might be looking at a crowd of 8000.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Hearts crowds for games like this are always going to be effected by recent performances. If we were third in the league and playing well, this would be sold out, or close to it. But we’re not. 

been here before
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Talk about being an arse. If you read my post it was in response to someone asking what people thought the price should be.

Many an online discussion board in which people discuss things isn’t for you!!

And you've done it by regurgitating with mind numbing tedium what others have said.

2 hours ago, moonraker said:

Should have  went to the Oxford game in the fa cup at at at st james only a tenner for adults and a pound for kids , there biggest gate since 2006 nearly 52500 with 3700 Oxford fans .