“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

If Pereira is in goal, then I hate tae think what the final scores gonna be, he needs dropped permanently, imo 

Bobby in goal plz.

I'd take a point now, but i don't think we've much chance of that.

The next 2 matches are so much more important.

HHGH 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

I'd be feeling a lot more confident if Souttar, Sibbick and Hickey were back and particularly if we had a competent goalkeeper.

Saw the Falkirk highlights.  This guy is hopeless.  Surely Bobby can't be worse.

9 hours ago, main said:

Pereira (unfortunately)

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey/White

Sibbick Irving Smith

Walker

Naismith        Boyce

Sibbick and Smith to tidy up and cover, Irving a bit further forward and width from Clare and whoever is LB.

These are the players I would pick unsure if formation but 352 was much better defensively against Falkirk 

the minute we switched they hit woodwork 3 times 

I think NB's side could be very competitive if the defensive players hit their straps.  I also think Bobby will play if he has done enough in training to show he should be more reliable than big J.

We seem to raise our game against the big teams... beat Rangers... get pumped by the whipping boys of this league.

Reckon we will be up for this and at least be in the game or bring something home.

(or we get pumped)

I'm usually pretty optimistic but I do worry about playing a high line against celtic's quality with our defence and keeper playing the way they have been.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think NB's side could be very competitive if the defensive players hit their straps.  I also think Bobby will play if he has done enough in training to show he should be more reliable than big J.

Even I'm wondering who NB is.  

It’s a huge ask to get anything out of this one. If we get a good performance and maximum effort then that’s all we can ask 

I am a bit concerned that we could end up exposed at the back but at the same time if we sit back we won’t get anything anyway. Games a free hit. Any points are bonus points but good performance required by the whole team 

that sets us up for the next 2 games which I believe we will take maximum points from 

Not going to bother with a line up prediction but would like to see Washington and walker start this one in place of Henderson and Moore. And Bobby in goals 🥴

21 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

Obviously I hope we will get something from the game but I fear we'll get battered. Our high line v Edouard and Griffiths is a disaster waiting to happen, especially when twinned with our GK problems and the form those 2 are in just now. 

If we are to get any of this we need to play with the intensity we did v Rangers and completely disrupt Celtic's game plan and hope they don't take their chances when they fall to them.

Agree with all of this unfortunately.

Would love for us to take something but I fear a thumping, adding even more pressure to Saturday. Fingers crossed I am completely wrong come 10pm. Would swap Naismith for Walker, rest for the former and a reward for the latter for 2 good sub appearances in a row

Bazzas right boot

Killie and St Johnstone scored 3 v us, Falkirk hit the post 3 times. 

This could get messy, we really need to watch. Good, confident Hearts teams have been messed through there, they just scored 4 at motherwell. 

Goal difference might be the difference in league position, getting messed by stupid scores is no good. 

First trip to Celtic park for me and coming up with few mates from Cheltenham who wanted to see a Hearts game.

Appreciate this isn't your normal away game but our plan was to drink in the city centre then taxi out to the game itself, any recommendations for a drink or places to avoid?

Also how many do we normally take through for this game?

Play a reserve side or some players needing fitness. No need to risk anyone, we have our two biggest games in years coming up, after this.

edit: I think we'll get a doing either way, playing a high line against a team light-years ahead of us in quality.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

8 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

First trip to Celtic park for me and coming up with few mates from Cheltenham who wanted to see a Hearts game.

Appreciate this isn't your normal away game but our plan was to drink in the city centre then taxi out to the game itself, any recommendations for a drink or places to avoid?

Why on Earth would you subject them to that?? 😂

Of all the games you could have chosen, you’ve chosen the absolute worst.

Even if we somehow manage to get a result, up until the final whistle blows it’ll be a pretty horrible experience.

But aye, enjoy. 😳

It would be nice to have a solid defensive performance, if they score early and we open up a little, I shudder to think how many they could get given that pretty average Killie and St Johnstone sides have slotted 3 past us..

I want to see out 30 mins at least with a clean sheet then build on that.  I think we'll score though, which is an improvement on recent years confidence levels.

37 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

You'll be lucky if there's 300-400 I'd think for this..

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Rangers beat them there recently.

So they did, I thought that was Ibrox.

However, 1 defeat there all season and probably the same the last few seasons, proves its just not a place to go and get points, I'm more worried about the games after than getting anything there this week.

32 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Why on Earth would you subject them to that?? 😂

Of all the games you could have chosen, you’ve chosen the absolute worst.

Even if we somehow manage to get a result, up until the final whistle blows it’ll be a pretty horrible experience.

But aye, enjoy. 😳

From their perspective Celtic/Rangers away are our 'big' games and no chance of getting us all tickets for Hibs away, plus visiting Glasgow is a bit more appealing than some of the other options 😂

I've warned them don't worry!!

Just hoping we make a fight of it otherwise it could be a depressing 90 minutes to watch....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very little to offer on this one other than prayers. 

Both for a freak result and injury free for the following 2 matches 

20 hours ago, main said:

Pereira (unfortunately)

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey/White

Sibbick Irving Smith

Walker

Naismith        Boyce

Sibbick and Smith to tidy up and cover, Irving a bit further forward and width from Clare and whoever is LB.

What Celtic fear is speed merchants up front, a couple of quick lads breaking with good accurate through balls from the midfield or defence and chances will happen.

4 4 2 is the way to beat Celtic at Parkhead. We have the players to beat them all we need is to get the tactics right.

highlandjambo3

I think it will go on a tough spirited fight for the first 20odd minutes then lose a goal before conceding a second just before halftime, going down to a 3-1, 4-1 defeat. 

Pasquale for King

I think our best chance of winning is by playing Stendels normal tactics, it’s been proven by many teams that’s how to do it.

The problem is that our defence might not be up to it. It’s likely to be a doing either way so let’s have a go.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I think it will go on a tough spirited fight for the first 20odd minutes then lose a goal before conceding a second just before halftime, going down to a 3-1, 4-1 defeat. 

Pretty much what normally happens then. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Another clean sheet for the stray cat

Hahahaha he’s getting called that from now until this horrific deal ends.

Not feeling confident about this one. They have a lot of pace in their attack, and the way we play, they will have an abundance of chances. We will need to try and out score them, and unfortunately they have £12m strikers kicking about. Maybe Smith will bring a bit more cohesion and solidity in there though.

20 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Bought my ticket for this today. As always, I go there with hope more than expectation. I've seen us get a few decent victories there down the years and think we've got it in us to get a freak result on Wednesday, but our weak defence worries me. 

Absolutely mate its hope that keeps us returning week after week, good on you for going through 👏

On 09/02/2020 at 17:29, Smith's right boot said:

We might surprise here, or we might be 3 down after 20 minutes and get tanked about 6 nil. 

I'm going 2-2.

Law of averages ? We cant get beat there every game surely ?  Let's hope we can put a performance in , were due one there ?

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much what normally happens then. 

That's about par for the course through there 0-4    1-4...

On 09/02/2020 at 12:52, Debut 4 said:

Agree. Our workrate in closing down and awareness around our box will have to be on tune. 

Get out to people quick, force a pass or at least make it difficult.  

As an example we can’t afford to do what we did last night when Miller smacked the bar.  

Too indecisive and we waited on what he was going to do instead of reacting and getting out to him quicker.  

Did Pereira not have a bad game at sceptic last time ? Give a goal away ?

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Did Pereira not have a bad game at sceptic last time ? Give a goal away ?

Did Berra and Halkett not both score own goals, not sure if he was at fault or not. I do remember him getting a muscle injury because he wasn’t used to hoofing the ball up the park.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-reveals-why-his-team-will-attack-celtic-glasgow-1403505

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel reveals why his team will attack Celtic in Glasgow

German determined not to change his team's gameplan at Parkhead

Daniel Stendel wants Hearts to have a go at Celtic on Wednesday

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel will not change his attacking philosophy at Celtic Park because he believes his team can upset the Premiership champions.

Wednesday night's match pits bottom of the league against top and Stendel insists Hearts will go to Glasgow without fear to continue their intense, high-pressing gameplan.

The German is not daunted by the fact the Edinburgh club have not won a league fixture at Parkhead since April 2007. He feels taking the game to Celtic is the best approach rather than trying to defend for 90 minutes.

"Look at the expectations," he said. "You follow the scores on a Saturday and look for the Celtic game: Nil-nil, 1-0 Celtic, 2-0 Celtic. In the end, it is always a Celtic win because every team expects to have no chance. We do expect to have a chance and we want to play our style against Celtic.

"Sometimes it is different when we play other teams like St Johnstone or Kilmarnock. They used some bad situations in our concentration. Against Celtic, we know we cannot take one step back or we will have no hope, so I think that will be good for the focus of my players."

Stendel stopped short of saying teams believe they are beaten before kick-off away at Celtic. "I hope not but when you hope Celtic don’t score then you can be hoping for a long, long time," he continued.

"It’s difficult when you are only defending and hoping you get one or two chances. Every team would like to win but a lot of times teams just don’t want to lose. We want to try to win."

Hearts may be without centre-back John Souttar again as he continues recovering from an ankle knock. Whoever plays in central defence must rise to the challenge against Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard, who has 24 goals in 37 games this season.

"It’s a good contest for everyone on the pitch to say: ‘Against me he does not score. Against us he does not score,'" said Stendel.

"Everyone on the pitch needs to have the feeling that they are not alone. When it’s one-against-one, then maybe we are not the better team but if we can make it every time 11 v 11, I think we are better.

"This is a chance for us. Expectations are normally not so high and in our situation we must use every game to get points. The chance is not as high as in other fixtures but the game starts 0-0 and I want us to go for three points.

"I have had the question ‘is this game more important than that game?’ In our situation we cannot say things like that. We have tough games in the next 14 days and we need points wherever we can get them - even against Celtic away from home."

A 2-1 defeat of Rangers at Tynecastle Park last month offers evidence that, when Stendel's team clicks, they are capable of beating anyone.

"We need some special days," he admitted. "However, when we are concentrated and have the courage to do what we want, then we have a real chance. If not, then you just go to Glasgow, look at the stadium and go home with nothing. That cannot be our mentality.

"We know we are playing against the best team in Scotland, with a very good offence, but we have shown before that we can win against Rangers, so why not Celtic?"

Souttar will be touch-and-go for Wednesday, while Aaron Hickey is likely to miss out and Toby Sibbick remains sidelined by illness.

"It is a bit early but we hope John Souttar can play," said Stendel. "Aaron Hickey started training on the pitch - at the moment not with the team - so Saturday is the earliest for him."

letsalldothebeattie

Going to be very tough since that defeat to Rangers they have been on fire, scoring for fun & given we have Joel No Hands in goal it could be a long night for us. Plus we don’t tend to travel well to Parkhead. 

Write this one off hope that Hamilton don’t beat Aberdeen and move onto Saturday because that’s the big game for us

"We know we are playing against the best team in Scotland, with a very good offence, but we have shown before that we can win against Rangers, so why not Celtic?"

That's the kind of mentality I like to see from a Hearts manager.

Zlamal

Clare Souttar Halkett White

Smith

Langer Irving

Walker

Uche Washington

Bench; Stone, Naismith, Boyce, Dikamona, Meshino, Henderson, Donis

Rest Boyce and Naisy for Hamilton on Saturday, possibly getting the last 30 if we are somehow still in the game.

Uche to occupy a couple of defenders and Washington needs to look to get in behind the Celtic defence. 

Will probably be the usual 3/4 goal victory for Celtic but if we can stay tight and press the way Stendel wants us to then you never know. Stay in the game for as long as possible then bring on Boycey to score the winner!