• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

Something needs tweaked in the defence and not just the keeper. What about if he moved Smith back to partner Souttar and shifted Halkett up to holding mid?

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Something needs tweaked in the defence and not just the keeper. What about if he moved Smith back to partner Souttar and shifted Halkett up to holding mid?

I'd have thought Halkett's speed is needed for those balls over the top. Or did he only look quick against Defoe?

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We went to a back three against Falkirk. Souttar is still an injury doubt so I think it will be at the very least smith and Halkett but potentially dikamona too.

1 minute ago, Frankfurter said:

I'd have thought Halkett's speed is needed for those balls over the top. Or did he only look quick against Defoe?

You're maybe right. Souttar has been the poorer of the two since huns game but I just feel we always look more solid in central defence with Smith in there.

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

We went to a back three against Falkirk. Souttar is still an injury doubt so I think it will be at the very least smith and Halkett but potentially dikamona too.

Aye i saw that. I never think we look good with a back three. Maybe just need to get them used to it I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Stendel said after the game that he doesn't want to play that system, and same again in one of the Banderson articles. So it would be top class bluffing if he did it anyway.

Just don’t get hammered please Hearts. Would love to take something but coming through this game with confidence intact and zero injuries is more important. We’ve got a massive weekend coming up. 

Get tonight out the way then season start (again) on Saturday 

Calebs Grandad
12 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

20/1 with Coral. 

As much as a 3,4,5 pumping is on the cards as it always is, they will lose at some-point.                  ( To a team other than Rangers)  

We have attacking threats in the team which can cause Celtic problems.

If we also defend the way we have been recently  Celtic will inevitably run away with it, and game over at HT 

Go and have a go hearts 

Hearts and Kilmarnock double 252/1 Hills online 

A spanking on the cards. 

4 or 5 nil to Celtic.

We are dreadful through there. Any sort of result will be miraculous.

Perraira

Halkett.    Dikamona.   Smith

Clare.           Sibbick.    Langer.           Hickey.        

Naismith.    Washington

Boyce  

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although I hope we pull of a win, it will be amusing to see how the posters react that are happy we are having a go if we get skelped. 

It's a tricky one . Most say they want us to have a go but , yes , many of the above will be frothing if we get a right doing .

Most managers over the decades have tried to play a stuffy , hit on the break type game . Never good to watch and , ultimately , seldom effective .

DS does appear to have no fear so who knows ? Team selection and tactics will be interesting 

Personally not too bothered about tonight's game .

Unless ,  of course , we hump them !

6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Perraira

Halkett.    Dikamona.   Smith

Clare.           Sibbick.    Langer.           Hickey.        

Naismith.    Washington

Boyce  

Unless DS has been bluffing, I'd be very surprised to see either Hickey or Sibbick on the pitch at all tonight

11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Collum ref again at their place

2nd Hearts game this season

Last one was, yes you guessed it, the first one at their place

Reeks of sh*t

Naw simply saving costs - he would be there any way, so SPFL save some travelling expenses -simples!

:whistling:

well overdue a league win away in glasgow there has been a couple in the cups but not win for almost 13 years is a disgrace really you would have thought wed have scraped a 1-0 or 2-1 along the way

hopefully stendel attacks this mob and we can get an early goal and keep ourselves in the game as long as possible

54 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

A spanking on the cards. 

4 or 5 nil to Celtic.

We are dreadful through there. Any sort of result will be miraculous.

Oh come on, we've never been through there with Stendel.

6 or 7  :wink: 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

A spanking on the cards. 

4 or 5 nil to HEARTS.

We WERE dreadful through there. Any sort of result will be miraculous FOR CELTIC.

FTFY

:yas:

It's an interesting one.  Stendel's system is more likely to work better against Celtic as they will aim to pass the ball rather than just lump and run.  That's as close to positivity as I'm going to get.  I still think we'll take nothing from this game and just hope that if we do lose, it's not in a way that effects the players' confidence for the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Masonic said:

13 years ago last win at parkhead in the league

A repeat of this will do me just fine.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Keeper will be busy today, God help us

Cannae see God being on our side the day.. 🙄

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Looks like Meshino isn’t going to be in Stendel’s plans for a while.

Interesting. I remember a certain ex manager getting pelters for telling a winger he needed to focus more on what he did when Hearts weren't in possession.

They hate us, Lennon hates us. They will love nothing more than to give us a hiding. Fair play those with the confidence we'll get a result but for me this is a comfortable celtic win.

Perraira

Clare.   Halkett. Souttar.   White.

Smith.   Irving.

Walker.     Naismith.    Washington.

Boyce. 

9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Perraira

Clare.   Halkett. Souttar.   White.

Smith.   Irving.

Walker.     Naismith.    Washington.

Boyce. 

That would be my team. Looking forward to tonight. My 16 year old laddies first trip to this dump.

Personally I think we are going to get a pumping tonight , our defending has been pretty awful as of lately and our keeper, well we are better without one really! Celtic will have plenty shots on target and I give on 10 minutes before they find the net, and the flood gates will open! I pray that I’m wrong and we go out there and skud them! Even a point would be unreal then pump Hamilton Saturday and move 3 points of the bottom! Here’s hoping guys! 

Just now, scottg71 said:

That would be my team. Looking forward to tonight. My 16 year old laddies first trip to this dump.

And a dump is what it is, no matter how much they try and talk up the place.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Unless DS has been bluffing, I'd be very surprised to see either Hickey or Sibbick on the pitch at all tonight

Aye fair enough, maybe white and bozanic in then. 

VagabondJambo

Some day - hopefully soon (both 29/2 and 3/3 would be ideal!) - Stendelpress is going to fully click the way it is intended to, and we will make and take more chances than we have so far.  I still expect we will concede goals (fewer than we score), and that’s not because of our goalie, but because of how the team as a unit enables and responds to opposition breaks/attacks.

It is so refreshing to see Daniel’s attitude to tonight’s game, and I think that tonight we’ll experience more Stendelpress progress.  I’m going for 2-3, with Langer, Naismith, and Boyce netting for us. 😊

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although I hope we pull of a win, it will be amusing to see how the posters react that are happy we are having a go if we get skelped. 

We get skelped every time we play there anyway so what difference would it make?? 
If we have a go we can maybe get a result. Probably not but maybe. If we play for a draw we will lose. 

Edited by rick witter

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

And a dump is what it is, no matter how much they try and talk up the place.

I had the misfortune of living across the road from the stadium for a year - I can confirm it's an absolute dump. 

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Naw simply saving costs - he would be there any way, so SPFL save some travelling expenses -simples!

:whistling:

Wee Willie probably has his own locker in the Celtic changing rooms to be fair. 

Just now, JH-HMFC said:

I had the misfortune of living across the road from the stadium for a year - I can confirm it's an absolute dump. 

Inside and out.

Trying to think of another “ state of the art “ stadium that has poles holding up the stands !