“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

I never thought he'd go there and play any other way. 

If we sit back and defend we'll get beat anyway. Any wins we've had away to the OF over the years have been when we've actually given them a proper game and attacked. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

Really like to see Naismith winding up their two centre halves.  Too much arrogance about the pair of them and go down quicker than a Thai Bride

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Really like to see Naismith winding up their two centre halves.  Too much arrogance about the pair of them and go down quicker than a Thai Bride

They've both got a mistake in them as well. Especially that Jullien. 

Think Stendel just wants to keep breeding the right mentality and ride out the dips until we are safe and he can reset in the summer...I’m all for that.

I know you have to be smart but if we are confident in ourselves to be brave and retain the ball, try to combine in key areas like we have in the last few games, it may just ask questions of Celtic. Who does ask questions? Rangers? No one else.

Great to read our manager talk this way. So refreshing and the way it should be. Along with his words on Walker he’s obviously more and more looking to the experienced players to lead and bring much more quality.   

Not sure if we looked any more solid going 3 at the back versus Falkirk but i suppose the conditions may have played a part and we did somehow manage to keep a clean sheet. With that in mind i would try it out again as this is effectively a free hit. We definitely need a solid shot stopper in goal so i would go for Zlamal for this one and hope he doesn't have any moments of madness. I would also give Naismith a rest as he has had a lot of games recently and I would prefer to see him raring to go for the '6 pointer' on Saturday. Washington, Meshino and Uche as options from the bench. 

Bobby

Halkett Dikamona Smith

Sibbick   

Clare           Langer              Irving          Garuccio

Walker    Boyce

Fxxx the SPFL

I wish Stendel had just said we're going to defend and hit them on the break, then as soon as the game kicks off change of plans we hunt them down chase them all over the park two up after 15 minutes frighten the keech out of them. One can but dream.

On 09/02/2020 at 10:46, Redhelen said:

Think it could be risky not to play your strongest team. What if Celtic are below par? 3 points is 3 points regardless of who you play. Win against Celtic lose against Hamilton is the same as doing it the other way round 

No it not. Losing to Celtic wouldnt give Hamilton points.

If you had to win one and lose one beating Hamilton would have to take priority.

The Old Tolbooth

This is the mindset here that like 

If not, then you just go to Glasgow, look at the stadium and go home with nothing. That cannot be our mentality.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

If you had to win one and lose one beating Hamilton would have to take priority.

What if Hamilton get a result against Aberdeen tonight? 

55 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

When we beat them 4-0 we pressed them constantly and they absolutely hated it. Couldn't deal with it, because they're so used to teams standing off to an extent and letting them control the game. When they couldn't control the game, their feathers were ruffled and they really didn't like it. So we may as well try and go down the same route - attack them, press them, see what happens. 

Nothing to lose. Anything other than a colossal pumping will be a decent result. 

Was trying to remember the team (and shape) in that game . Can't remember us being vulnerable defensively ?

Early goal may well have been (will be) crucial .

It is more difficult at parkhead but who knows ?

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Brown doesn’t get red cards 😩

That's very true 😠

Always a 1st time though, just keep telling him he's a prick under your breath till he finally snaps!! 😄😄

Although we have been losing goals at least we are scoring. I dont think the Celtic defence is anything special, maybe because teams dont attack them it doesnt get highlighted as much. If JP is in goals we need to keep the ball as far away from him as possible.

37 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

To clarify if Hamilton lose their equivalent Celtic game this week its the same , they get 3 points you get 3 points. 

24 minutes ago, jackal said:

Although we have been losing goals at least we are scoring. I dont think the Celtic defence is anything special, maybe because teams dont attack them it doesnt get highlighted as much. If JP is in goals we need to keep the ball as far away from him as possible.

I watched the higlights of Celtic v Ross Co a few weeks ago and if County had a finisher in their team they could have been a couple of goals up before Celtic scored.

They ran out comfortable winners but exposed Cetic's weaknesses in defence.

I hope DS has been having a look at that footage.

More than likely cmeltic will score so why sit back and defend for 90 mins and walk off with a defeat ? get in there face take the game to them a couple of goals and we could walk away with something imo .**** playing for goal difference! We are hearts we can do it !!

As usual Celtic have woken up in January and begun to pull away. Got to just have a go at them. Going down trying is better than a boring defeat where they get away with just doing enough because we don't even try to score...

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

4 or 5 nil Celtic.

Our keeper is Sunday league, our defence is inconsistent, midfield non existent and we are just starting to have strikers who look hungry.  Throw in a rookie manager and an owner that has turned us into a bunch of tree hugging fairies we are pretty ****ed.

Not too negative :cornette_dog:.

11 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

away win 3-0

Outrageous prediction.  Celtic are bound to get a consolation goal.  1-3.

Folk talking about Naismith being rested.  Naismith has played 20 minutes in a Hearts jersey at Parkhead since he joined 2 years ago (and that was just after he joined us).  Missed every game there since through injury and we’ve been pumped in most of them.  Do you really think now he’s fit and able to play that we’d still rest him?

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

What if Hamilton get a result against Aberdeen tonight? 

True that would have an impact. But in the case of if we beat Celtic and lose to Hamilton its the same outcome i dont think that has any bearing as nothing we could do to influence that result. All hypothetical anyway!

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

To clarify if Hamilton lose their equivalent Celtic game this week its the same , they get 3 points you get 3 points. 

Yeah that is true which i think was the point being made above. I was looking at it from the perspective of games we can influence the result.

Could argue losing to Hamilton would be worse in terms of GD as well for us in the battle to finish above them but even i dont want to go into that too much!  

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Outrageous prediction.  Celtic are bound to get a consolation goal.  1-3.

And there consolation goal will be a penalty guaranteed 😂

1 hour ago, RDSK said:

Might be worth playing Uche from the start in this one. Jullien always seems to find it tough playing against big strikers. 

I was actually thinking the same thing. Big Uche up front noising them up... might be a plan.

larbert_jambo
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

Might be worth playing Uche from the start in this one. Jullien always seems to find it tough playing against big strikers. 

At Darkheid we will get the square root of eff all foul wise and because of this I don't Uche is a good option to start with. 

I agree though Jullien ain't good against physical strikers 

Not really familiar with Julien but if folk are saying he doesn’t like the physical stuff surely we play Uche? Done not bad in his cameo appearances recently. 

Edited by GinRummy

N Lincs Jambo

When we pumped them 4-0 Levein said before the match that we were going to have a go because we wouldn’t be able to contain Celtic for 90 minutes. He was right but you just know that he really did want to try and contain them.

As has been said already we played the high press and Celtic hated it. They are not used to teams getting right in their faces from the off especially at their midden. DS’s philosophy is utterly spot on for this game. Ok we might get beat? Well whoopy do, isn’t that what normally happens there?

At least this time we’re going there with a clear intention of trying to win the game, not sneak a point.

19 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

At Darkheid we will get the square root of eff all foul wise and because of this I don't Uche is a good option to start with. 

I agree though Jullien ain't good against physical strikers 

Fair point.

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

When we pumped them 4-0 Levein said before the match that we were going to have a go because we wouldn’t be able to contain Celtic for 90 minutes. He was right but you just know that he really did want to try and contain them.

As has been said already we played the high press and Celtic hated it. They are not used to teams getting right in their faces from the off especially at their midden. DS’s philosophy is utterly spot on for this game. Ok we might get beat? Well whoopy do, isn’t that what normally happens there?

At least this time we’re going there with a clear intention of trying to win the game, not sneak a point.

As I said earlier mate, Stendel will carry on ingraining belief in the team. 

Thing is, it’s nothing earth shattering. Hearts are starting to resemble a football team because they actually try to combine, move, think in possession. But the support has been battered that much into submission by the utter shite served up before that they think seeing us string two passes together is ‘liquid’.  😬😁

I hope the manager continues as he is while making adjustments to the flaws he sees. 👍🏻

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not really familiar with Julien but if folk are saying he doesn’t like the physical stuff surely we play Uche? Done not bad in his cameo appearances recently. 

Also made their former Wunderkid Tierney look utterly shite in the Lafferty win against them... as a wide forward ‘cutting inside’...

The games you think you'll get pumped rarely turn out that way. Given that Stendels' style suits teams that come at you then I'm going for an exciting, blood and snotters 2-2 and a tidy little confidence boost before Hamilton. 👍

I would also like Naismith to selloptape lollipop sticks to Pereiras' wrists so he manages to keep the ball out of the net on at least one occasion. 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Also made their former Wunderkid Tierney look utterly shite in the Lafferty win against them... as a wide forward ‘cutting inside’...

Yeah I remember. Lennon was credited with having an interest in Uche, I think mainly in fans social media, would be their usual stunt of buying anybody that plays well against them. 

pettigrewsstylist

Ive always been an  advocate of having a go in Glasgow and it remains my single biggest criticism of CL.

That said, we are in relegation battle. Wouldn't complain if he tried for 0-0/1-1

9 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Basically if we’re going to get beat we may as well try and win. 

100% Nowt to lose. 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I never thought he'd go there and play any other way. 

If we sit back and defend we'll get beat anyway. Any wins we've had away to the OF over the years have been when we've actually given them a proper game and attacked. 

I think it’s brilliant that he won’t change the way he plays just because it’s Celtic away. 
Unfortunately the mentality of the vast majority of our squad will be that they are going to lose the match due to what has went on before. 
Stendel can change that mindset in time but it would be a miracle if we get anything from this game.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 09/02/2020 at 09:50, Sertse said:

The problem with Septic is that they like to shoot. As others have said before, with Pereira in goals they're going to be shooting just for the sake of it. Against Killie we leaked those 3 goals which came from pretty much nothing. Septic are going to be properly attacking. 

If Pereira is playing we will get hammered, and if he does play what kind of manager have we. 

As others have said Pereria is going to concede. 

He's got a saving rate of something like 57% going off the Pereira thread making him the WORST keeper we've had since Levein took over.. Thats basically every 2nd shot that goes in. 

We can't stop Celtic shooting. We can press for 90 minutes but they're going to get shots on goal. 

Its hard to be optimistic when we have that bawbag in goals. 

Hearts win 5-4 :P 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is it weird that I genuinely think we’ll win tomorrow 

20/1 with Coral. 

As much as a 3,4,5 pumping is on the cards as it always is, they will lose at some-point.                  ( To a team other than Rangers)  

We have attacking threats in the team which can cause Celtic problems.

If we also defend the way we have been recently  Celtic will inevitably run away with it, and game over at HT 

Go and have a go hearts 

Ricardo Quaresma

Collum ref again at their place

2nd Hearts game this season

Last one was, yes you guessed it, the first one at their place

Reeks of sh*t

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Collum ref again at their place

2nd Hearts game this season

Last one was, yes you guessed it, the first one at their place

Reeks of sh*t

They do seem to give refs certain games, Beaton usually does our games at Ibrox too. Surely it would be better to give the refs different games to help their experience?

Bazzas right boot

Although I hope we pull of a win, it will be amusing to see how the posters react that are happy we are having a go if we get skelped. 

I think if anyone's going to get points at Celtic it's us.  Rangers will be doing back flips for us Wednesday night.  Thinking a 1-1 draw.   Hope we win 2-1

I've kept thinking Liverpool would drop points as well in their league but they didn't.  Much to Man City's annoyance and Leicester.  That leagues gone to Liverpool I think but  this league's going to open up again Wednesday.