“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

Well it was good to get through to the last 8 and now that I’m thoroughly thawed out from last night like a lot of fellow jambos, then attentions are turning to darkheid on Wednesday night. 

This interests me for one reason only as it’s Daniels first trip to face one of the uglies away from home. Will he stick with the gegenpress and hope to rattle them on home soil? One things for sure, Celtic will score if we continue to play like we did last night. Dikamona needs dropped and soapy hopefully back. Would like to see Damour involved at some stage. Someone needs to play minder to Andy Irvine to let him control things on the big pitch. Langer is not up to speed yet and imo Walker should start. Possibly a cameo for Advijaj who will score goals in any league in any country...his own words, so make it happen  then lad! 

Our last two league encounters have been a damp squib and I was hoping for us to kick on after the sevco win. Really don’t want another false dawn. I’m heading through to this one, again in hope and wondered if we’ve sold out our allocation? 
An early goal or two would change and spoil popcorn teeth’s game plan. Keep wondering when we’ll actually turn up  in Glasgow and actually give the old firm a game on their patch. 

Anyway my prediction is for a 1-1 draw. Daniel and Colt have much work to do in the next two days. Good luck! 

HHGH 🇱🇻

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

Just now, Never Let Them Forget said:

Am I right in saying that if the Clyde v Celtic game gets postponed today that the replay will be this Wednesday? 

Yes - I'd like that tbh, give us more time to prepare for Hamilton and avoids the potential for a confidence damaging heavy defeat. 

Just now, Never Let Them Forget said:

Am I right in saying that if the Clyde v Celtic game gets postponed today that the replay will be this Wednesday? 

Yep. I’d accept that tbh, get the Hamilton and St Mirren games out the way first and Celtic can give us the dry boaby another time 

1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Commentators were mentioning that replays take priority over the league match, so yes, I think you're right. 

That'll be a result in it's own. We don't want to be playing Celtic just now. 

Will Hickey be back? Hopefully Sibbick recovered from illness. Naismith to sit this one out, he’s been struggling a little.

Bobby

Clare      Halkett        Souttar       Hickey

Smith        Sibbick

Walker       Washington       Henderson

Boyce

Just now, kila said:

Will Hickey be back? Hopefully Sibbick recovered from illness. Naismith to sit this one out, he’s been struggling a little.

Bobby

Clare      Halkett        Souttar       Hickey

Smith        Sibbick

Walker       Washington       Henderson

Boyce

I think he'll go 3-5-2 against them tbh 

We fight for every point. Best team out and maximum effort. Sure, rest players if they need rested after a hectic run of fixtures but we need to do everything we can to get anything we can from all league games. 

GorgieFifeLife

Mason

Clare            Smith   Souttar         Hickey

Halkett

Walker          Langer    Sibbick        Avidaj

Boyce

Would like to see a 4-3-2-1 

Joel

Clare.  Halkett.  Souttar.    Hickey 

Smith    Langer   Sibbick 

Walker  Washington 

Boyce 

The problem with Septic is that they like to shoot. As others have said before, with Pereira in goals they're going to be shooting just for the sake of it. Against Killie we leaked those 3 goals which came from pretty much nothing. Septic are going to be properly attacking. 

Play like recent form and they will dish out a severe hiding. Using a fancy term for high press with just a bunch of players doesn't work, as has been shown in recent form, even the Rangers game, but for poor finishing would have conceded 3 goals. 

The players have to have the footballing intelligence to carry it off, Liverpool and Barca(4 or 5 years ago) are the best examples, most teams cant pull it off. 

21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Mason

Clare            Smith   Souttar         Hickey

Halkett

Walker          Langer    Sibbick        Avidaj

Boyce

Mason is currently  on loan at Edinburgh City.

GorgieFifeLife
16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Mason is currently  on loan at Edinburgh City.

Cheers didn't know that. Swap for reserve goalkeeper then. 

been here before

Rest players that need rested.

Shoot Pereina and give Zlamal a run out to blow the cobwebs away before the Hamilton and St Mirren games.

Take whatever comes our way in this one and just move on.

Think it could be risky not to play your strongest team. What if Celtic are below par? 3 points is 3 points regardless of who you play. Win against Celtic lose against Hamilton is the same as doing it the other way round 

12 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Think it could be risky not to play your strongest team. What if Celtic are below par? 3 points is 3 points regardless of who you play. Win against Celtic lose against Hamilton is the same as doing it the other way round 

When you’re in a relegation dog fight then any 3 points are welcome however we don’t want Hamilton getting too far in front of us. We lose to septic and beat Hamilton and we go above them. The other way around is not a scenario we want to contemplate given we’d have the same 3 from a 6 points tally. Hamilton are our biggest rivals just now. If I had to chose only one game to win then it must be Hamilton. Celtic are just a marker to gauge where we are with Daniel now on board. They’re too far in front of us for us to actually worry about them. However a win in both fixtures would be the ideal scenario! 

We're 8 points from safety nowi so resigning myself to our fate is something of a relief! Am hoping you guys can still do it. I'd put last night out your minds, your weather last night has hit here now and there is no way you could play attractive pressing football in it. There will be sone tired legs amongst both teams players that's for sure.

53 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Last time Hearts won at Parkhead was 13 years ago

But you never know...

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Commentators were mentioning that replays take priority over the league match, so yes, I think you're right. 

iirc the commentators messed it up and if we had a replay it would be a week on tuesday not this week coming. i would imagine the same for celtic

Celtic are going to score. Pereira was beaten at least 3 times against Falkirk, okay they hit the wood work but an inch down and its a goal. I don't want to sound like I'm being a prick, but the reality is that we're highly likely to concede with this guy in goals no matter the opposition, given we're playing Celtic we're going to need to score at least 2 to win. I don't feel good or confident with this guy in goals. Bobby we know can stop a shot and his errors are more around decision making (should he come/shouldn't he). I'd rather we had Bobby starting from now on tbh. 

Our players seem to really turn up when the cameras are there so you never know. 

Will say though, that even if we win I'd bet the house that we through away points against St Mirren and Hamilton as we seem to do after winning big games. Need to play at that tempo every game. Not just when Sky are there. 

Folk writing this off need to have a word it's themselves.

We need points and this game gives us a chance of getting at least one.  We've got nothing to fear, get tore into them Hearts 👊👊🇩🇪🇩🇪

Obviously I hope we will get something from the game but I fear we'll get battered. Our high line v Edouard and Griffiths is a disaster waiting to happen, especially when twinned with our GK problems and the form those 2 are in just now. 

If we are to get any of this we need to play with the intensity we did v Rangers and completely disrupt Celtic's game plan and hope they don't take their chances when they fall to them.

Not enough stars, bin the thread title. 😂 

Celtic 4 Hearts 5

Zlamal 

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey

M. Smith Sibbick

Walker   Naismith  Washington 

Boyce

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not enough stars, bin the thread title. 😂 

Celtic 4 Hearts 5

Zlamal 

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey

M. Smith Sibbick

Walker   Naismith  Washington 

Boyce

See when I see that team.. I’m scratching my head as to how/why were bottom of this league. That team should be more than capable of getting at least a point at Sceptic Park 

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Agree. I think celtic will give us a confidence damaging pumping. I'd rather that was postponed for a week or so.

If we turn up and play well, and catch Celtic on a day where they aren’t at 100%, we’ve got a chance.

Have to take our chances and have to change our goalie. You need your goalie to have a terrific game at Parkhead to have a chance.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

The problem with Septic is that they like to shoot. As others have said before, with Pereira in goals they're going to be shooting just for the sake of it. Against Killie we leaked those 3 goals which came from pretty much nothing. Septic are going to be properly attacking. 

Agree. Our workrate in closing down and awareness around our box will have to be on tune. 

Get out to people quick, force a pass or at least make it difficult.  

As an example we can’t afford to do what we did last night when Miller smacked the bar.  

Too indecisive and we waited on what he was going to do instead of reacting and getting out to him quicker.  

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If we turn up and play well, and catch Celtic on a day where they aren’t at 100%, we’ve got a chance.

Have to take our chances and have to change our goalie. You need your goalie to have a terrific game at Parkhead to have a chance.

Aye. We’ve got to think positively. 

I know games v Old Firm can run away from you but that’s mostly down to not showing bottle.  

Let’s not overrate them. Teams have gone to Parkhead this season and made it tight.  We need big characters who don’t give a **** about who they are playing.  

N Lincs Jambo

I think Stendel’s gegenpress style is more suited to playing teams like Celtic than your average bottom 6 team. I remember a few seasons ago we played them there under Robbie, got right in about them in a similar fashion, went 1-0 up through Jamie Walker and had at least 50% possession 1st half.

We ended losing 3-1 but the score totally flattered Celtic. I would rather we showed some belief in our own ability and with the players we have we I believe we can cause them problems. Ross County could have had 3 or 4 there the other week.

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Nae stars in the title😱😨

It’s only sevco thats obsessed with stars JB. They’ve won that many titles that they now have a big star that represents 10. They don’t even acknowledge a wee star these days. Oh the irony of the Sloop John B.... need to win their first, first!
Stars are not for me! 

3 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

You’re correct but I’d rather get the game out the way to be honest. Won’t need to worry about either of the old firm in the league for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Play like recent form and they will dish out a severe hiding. Using a fancy term for high press with just a bunch of players doesn't work, as has been shown in recent form, even the Rangers game, but for poor finishing would have conceded 3 goals. 

The players have to have the footballing intelligence to carry it off, Liverpool and Barca(4 or 5 years ago) are the best examples, most teams cant pull it off. 

Barnsley

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s only sevco thats obsessed with stars JB. They’ve won that many titles that they now have a big star that represents 10. They don’t even acknowledge a wee star these days. Oh the irony of the Sloop John B.... need to win their first, first!
Stars are not for me! 

True enough SJ, they can kid themselves but they’re not kidding us👍

2 keepers

2 LB’s

2RB’s 

3CH’s

2 holding midfielders 

seriously I hope he decides to be a lot stronger in defence , once he gets his team sorted for next season he can be more adventurous but we need to keep the goal difference in check on Wednesday 

GK - Stone

SW - Smith

CB - Halkett

CB - Dikamona

RWB - Clare 

LWB - White

CM - Irving 

CM - Langer

RW - Walker

LW - Macdonald

ST - Uche 

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

True enough SJ, they can kid themselves but they’re not kidding us👍

But....but.....but.... 54 titles, and still going strong!

Definitely not kidding me and you for sure JB. Only an orc would believe their own hype. Kidding no one except their own kind. I hope their trophy drought continues for years

28 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

2 keepers

2 LB’s

2RB’s 

3CH’s

2 holding midfielders 

seriously I hope he decides to be a lot stronger in defence , once he gets his team sorted for next season he can be more adventurous but we need to keep the goal difference in check on Wednesday 

One good keeper would do us Mr D. 

I’m sure our former keeper with 3 fingers would be better than El Octopus even if he had 8 fing arms. He’s now overtaken Berra as our latest liability imo! 

Imagine what a 2-1 win would do for us.  We've already done it to their cousins.

We have good players.  We just need them to play well.

23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

One good keeper would do us Mr D. 

I’m sure our former keeper with 3 fingers would be better than El Octopus even if he had 8 fing arms. He’s now overtaken Berra as our latest liability imo! 

Right now at my age I’m a better keeper than JP. 
The spill in the second half was horrendous but he also made a hash of catching the ball in the first half when challenged by sammon. It was like he tried to scoop it away 🙈😡😡

3 keepers on the books and I don’t trust any off them . 

Pereira (unfortunately)

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey/White

Sibbick Irving Smith

Walker

Naismith        Boyce

Sibbick and Smith to tidy up and cover, Irving a bit further forward and width from Clare and whoever is LB.

Bought my ticket for this today. As always, I go there with hope more than expectation. I've seen us get a few decent victories there down the years and think we've got it in us to get a freak result on Wednesday, but our weak defence worries me. 

Bazzas right boot

We might surprise here, or we might be 3 down after 20 minutes and get tanked about 6 nil. 

I'm going 2-2.