*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Kilmarnock fc Official Matchday thread ***

Bazzas right boot

Fire_At_The_Disco

Going to bet Hearts -2 & Hearts -3 .....someone is going to get a dooing off us and I reckon it will be tomorrow. 

Buzzing for it, roll on 5-30 pub & game. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Suso Santana

• pettigrewsstylist

All this talk of wins by 2 or 3 goals..why ?

Our track record just does not support easy or comfortable wins 

This season will be a struggle and I doubt we will see many comfortable victories.

It is a squad improved but not a squad completed

I've yet to see us totally dominate a match over 90 mins but look forward to it as long as we score a couple when it happens

Think the defence will be a bit better tomorrow night. They have no doubt been doing defensive drills this week. 

Also think we will have worked on possession and controlling the game a bit better so we aren't turned over as quickly as we were 2nd half v St Johnstone. This will no doubt help the defence as well. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This season will be a struggle and I doubt we will see many comfortable victories.

I've yet to see us totally dominate a match over 90 mins but look forward to it as long as we score a couple when it happens

Folk are anticipating an improvement on our track record. 

Unsure, if Boyce, Naismith, Washington, Walker, Souttar, Halkett are all fit with the other 2 or 3 signings we are Litterally a different side to say November. 

Agree, but you don't need to be complete to score the odd high victory. 

Agreed, but apart from Glasgow and 20 minutes away at Killie we also haven't been dominanted and I take you back to my 2nd point. 

Lighten up! 😜

I remember a while back when Killie came to Tynecastle they gave us a particularly hard time with their wing play, Burke had our left back on toast and the same from their left winger, I hope that Hearts have been working hard on defensive frailties, Clare and White look fine going forward but defensively I have a big question mark against them, hopefully the new management team will be aware of this because if cross balls get whipped in from the wings I really don't want to see Joel flapping aimlessly at them.

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen game we bossed it for 90 

Hopefully Stendel fired a rocket up their arses after that second half performance on Saturday.

Another tough game but home advantage could sway it in our favour. 
2-1 Hearts

Zlamal/Pereira (stuck between a rock and a hard place there)

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

White

Irving

Sibbick

Washington

Naismith

Meshino

Boyce

Would be my team. Considered Avdijaj ahead of Meshino but Meshino might do better at home (Aberdeen game?) so I’d give him another go.

5 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Who's takes the penalties for us just now, I thought I read somewhere it was Smith but not sure.

No sure if that info has been made available but Washington took a couple before he was injured.

Opposition view - 

Really looking forward to coming through for this one. 

Killie quite difficult to pin down at the moment. The run we went on was horrendous but did include good performances against Motherwell and Celtic and is against the backdrop of chaos behind the scenes which seems to have been sorted. 

Its all about the management. Despite the oddness of the transfer, Broadfoot back means we have 8 of the 11 that finished third last season. This is a strong Killie side if Dyer can get them playing - and the 18 shots against County on Saturday and completely bossing it felt a bit like we were back. 

Watching the St Johnstone highlights I think Burke, Kabamba and Brophy coild cause absolute havoc to Stendels high line. Livi tried that at Rugby Park last season, went three down and had to shift things at half time. 

Kabamba is proper chaos factor and started out as a sprinter - so looking forward to seeing him in this one. 

But we have the worst goalkeepers I've seen in years - both worse than Perreira - and keep conceding so Hearts will score. 

Quite an interesting comparison with Boyce and Kabamba actually - I think both are showing that one player linking things up can get three or four areas of the team clicking. 

I'm predicting 1-1 but wouldn't be surprised by two or three nil in either direction. 

Branescu 

O'Donnell Del Fabro Findlay Hamalainan 

Burke Dicker Power McKenzie 

Brophy Kabamba 

Austin MacGlee

Been on holiday and missed our last two games. Can't wait for this. They are absolutely terrible so I'll be disappointed if we don't get all three points.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No sure if that info has been made available but Washington took a couple before he was injured.

Yeah thought I read Smith's name mentioned but that was before stendel came in. If hes playing tonight I will still put on as FGS just incase.

3 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view - 

Killie quite difficult to pin down at the moment. The run we went on was horrendous but did include good performances against Motherwell and Celtic and is against the backdrop of chaos behind the scenes which seems to have been sorted. 

Its all about the management. Despite the oddness of the transfer, Broadfoot back means we have 8 of the 11 that finished third last season. This is a strong Killie side if Dyer can get them playing - and the 18 shots against County on Saturday and completely bossing it felt a bit like we were back. 

Watching the St Johnstone highlights I think Burke, Kabamba and Brophy coild cause absolute havoc to Stendels high line. Livi tried that at Rugby Park last season, went three down and had to shift things at half time. 

Kabamba is proper chaos factor and started out as a sprinter - so looking forward to seeing him in this one. 

But we have the worst goalkeepers I've seen in years - both worse than Perreira - and keep conceding so Hearts will score. 

Quite an interesting comparison with Boyce and Kabamba actually - I think both are showing that one player linking things up can get three or four areas of the team clicking. 

I'm predicting 1-1 but wouldn't be surprised by two or three nil in either direction. 

Branescu 

Brophy Kabamba 

So a draw or a win for either side Mitch. Sticking your neck on the line there😀

6 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Yeah thought I read Smith's name mentioned but that was before stendel came in. If hes playing tonight I will still put on as FGS just incase.

I’m struggling to remember the last time we were awarded a penalty. 

I'm away to Wales and when I'm not there the games are crackers. (Cowdenbeath 10-0 for instance). Any win will do for me but expect something special

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Since I heard his name mentioned we haven't had one. 

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Agree with that.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So a draw or a win for either side Mitch. Sticking your neck on the line there😀

Ha! We completely matched Motherwell and lost it to a free kick then were completely humped by St Mirren. Killie fans not sure which way is up at the moment... 

Massive game tonight and it will be a very tense game. I am hoping for a win but not at all confident. If we nick it one nil I will be delighted, even if they had five goals disallowed and we were shickt tonight is just about getting the right result ... football niceties are not an issue tonight as far as I am concerned!

Thought Police
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We used to get the weekly with King and Nicholson constantly running at defenders. Been a while since we've had players run at the other team in the box.

It’s impossible to predict this one, they’re off the back of a long losing spell with a good win on Saturday we look like we can score with any attack but equally concede while dominating possession and territory. I don’t see them trying to sit in they'llhave a go knowing we leak goals.

The keeper situation is farcical with any shot on target likely to cause panic. 

I think we’ll see Washington or Uche from the start tonight with Naismith and Boyce. We need the ball to stick in the final 3rd more.

Only prediction I’d go for is both teams to score I just hope we out score them.

17 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

We used to get the weekly with King and Nicholson constantly running at defenders. Been a while since we've had players run at the other team in the box.

At least we’re spending time in the opposition box lately. Bound to get one soon. 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Washington is penalty taker going by hes taken the last 2.

Motherwell league cup
Celtic at parkhead

Don't normally manage midweek games, but we're travelling south for this one. 

Feels like a massive game to me. Win, and we maintain momentum, and hopefully gain a bit of ground on teams just above us. A defeat would flatten the mood and put us under incredible pressure for the Hamilton game. 

We're due a home win against this mob. Make it tonight. 

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

From what I can find, the last time we had a penalty in a league match at home was v the sheep 🐑 in March last year! Clare scored it 

Buzzing for this game however tempered by cautious optimism.  If the team that played in the 1st half on Saturday or against Aberdeen turns up and plays then I can see a 3-1 win for us, no way are we keeping a clean sheet,  if not then I can see a score draw or narrow defeat for us.

Obviously hoping for the former!!

6 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view - 

Branescu 

Brophy Kabamba 

Well Mitch hope you have a nice trip appart from a good result that is. 

Jambof3tornado

At least killie arent coming having not won in xxx number of games meaning we'd gift them the points!!

Tight game, another stendel exciting one with goals aplenty, a right ding dong up and downer, with Hearts winning by 8 goals to kilmarnocks 7.

Record against them at home has been nothing short of appalling over the last 10 years or so. Need to win this as we travel to Celtic in the next league game.

3-1 Hearts. 

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

3-2 win for the Hearts in an enthralling encounter. 

If I was a Kilmarnock player I'd be shooting from the half way line as there is every chance that Max Bygraves* would miss it.

*one for our older viewers.

Not that old but was he not quite animated with his hands while singing?  Mr Flappy.

Stendels tactics will click at somepoint and a struggling side will take a sore one at Tynecastle, will it be tonight ? Maybe not but I’m still going for a home win 2-0 or 2-1.

40 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Munro?

Cheating Beaton for Saturday!!

Thought it was Collum on Sat?

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Who's takes the penalties for us just now, I thought I read somewhere it was Smith but not sure.

Halkett was pretty consistent from the spot when he was at Livi

AllyjamboDerbyshire
41 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not that old but was he not quite animated with his hands while singing?  Mr Flappy.

One of his better known songs was 'You Need Hands'...fitting, really.

Despite the clear change in player organisation and attitude, the 1 win in 8 or 9 league games still enough to hold off from making outlandish score predictions, so based on that I think it will be a tight 2-1 or 1-1.

avhudtheteeshirt

Think Stendal will leave 2 players back defending down the middle, with the other 8 high pressing?

Should win this one, I go for 3-1!!!!

Huge game tonight, a positive performance and result are needed. 

Looking forward to it, and glad the dark days of Leveins ‘tactics’ are over.

55 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Halkett was pretty consistent from the spot when he was at Livi

If Washington or smith dont start the money has to go on Boyce. Halkett is 22/1.