Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Watched the briefing and it's safe to say we're all goosed. 

Poated, Pan Breid.

Close thread.

Edited by Bull's-eye

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You increase your risk, you also increase other people’s risk too

so from now on it is important EVERYONE sticks to the rules and guidelines. I don’t care what your opinion is - the virus doesn’t either. Everyone MUST stick the rules from now on

For every life lost you are saving lives on here by keeping us informed. 

Pretty positive news about a vaccine in amongst it all. Its possible a vaccine could be available to a limited number before the end of the year but likely to be the first half of next year. That's sooner than I expected tbf. If we can get it to the most vulnerable by the end of the year that should change a lot of the approach as they're obviously planning another lockdown right now. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You increase your risk, you also increase other people’s risk too

so from now on it is important EVERYONE sticks to the rules and guidelines. I don’t care what your opinion is - the virus doesn’t either. Everyone MUST stick the rules from now on

Nobody cares about your opinion too. 👍 

4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

:rofl:

Like I give a **** what you think. 

😂

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

For every life lost you are saving lives on here by keeping us informed. 

Anyone on here deliberately not following the rules and encouraging others not to should be banned from the topic 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Well you should mate. you must stick to the rules. It’s a matter of life and death 

If having a child round to play in my garden is a matter of life and death, I can only assume the government are indulging in mass genocide of an unprecedented scale by sending ****ing thousands of them in to schools to sit inside all day.

Maskless at that! Just think. All those thousands and thousands of people, in enclosed spaces, mask less and breathing on each other. Must send you tonto. 

3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

If having a child round to play in my garden is a matter of life and death, I can only assume the government are indulging in mass genocide of an unprecedented scale by sending ****ing thousands of them in to schools to sit inside all day.

Maskless at that! Just think. All those thousands and thousands of people, in enclosed spaces, mask less and breathing on each other. Must send you tonto. 

Exactly . Just shows you how ridiculous these “rules” are 

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Anyone on here deliberately not following the rules and encouraging others not to should be banned from the topic 

giphy.gif&ehk=OI1pm830Xz1QHKoYpJ7Is2mMrp

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Pretty positive news about a vaccine in amongst it all. Its possible a vaccine could be available to a limited number before the end of the year but likely to be the first half of next year. That's sooner than I expected tbf. If we can get it to the most vulnerable by the end of the year that should change a lot of the approach as they're obviously planning another lockdown right now. 

That's been ruled out by Johnson. Won"t be a full lockdown due to the damage that will do

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

:vrface:

Has nobody learned anything from last time? Just buy stuff as normal and there's plenty for everyone ffs. 

Absolute morons, 😡 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Half of the posters on this board would literally spunk themselves inside out if you ended up on a 14 day liedown with a spot of the covid.

Inside ****ing out. :lol:

Nothing life threatening mind, obviously. 👍 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's been ruled out by Johnson. Won"t be a full lockdown due to the damage that will do

Like he’s never done a u-turn

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

What they need to do is enforce the current rules and get rid of this loophole where liars can say they have a medical condition to get on public transport or access to public places.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Half of the posters on this board would literally spunk themselves inside out if you ended up on a 14 day liedown with a spot of the covid.

Inside ****ing out. :lol:

Nothing life threatening mind, obviously. 👍 

They wouldn’t mate

Just now, frankblack said:

What they need to do is enforce the current rules and get rid of this loophole where liars can say they have a medical condition to get on public transport or access to public places.

Totally agree with you 

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So the plan seems to be wait for vaccine. So lockdown light until we can all get jabbed up..

Not convinced by that plan at all.

Im not sure Bojo is a man of his word. Its looks like a lockdown is coming, albeit might have a different name. 

Haha. No, certainly not a man of his word but all the noises coming out of No.10, according to reports, are that he had ruled out any kind of full lockdown. Shutting well run pubs and restaurants would be madness

1] Play down pandemic, delay going into national lockdown for weeks

2] Fail to impose or enforce a proper national lockdown

3] Give up after 100 days (mainly due to public confidence being knocked after senior government advisor is seen to be getting away with ignoring the rules)

4] Encourage everybody to get back to normal

5] Introduce a slew of contradictory, conflicting and confusing rules

6] Fail to enforce any of them

7] Second wave hits

8] PANIC

Edited by Cade

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The alleged circuit break, which appears just to.be lockdown with a nice new name, is meant to last 2 weeks. I don’t see a way it can only be 2 weeks. 

Allegedly it take 2+ weeks for lags to filter through. So it would be over 2 weeks just due to the data to come through, to understand if it’s worked.. Whilst, I struggle to think of any restrictions that have been as short of 2 weeks. 

We might see a gradual release of the circuits break. Maybe schools go back after, 2 weeks, we then have another couple of weeks before other stuff gets released. 

If it happens I expect that it will extended to Christmas time if not beyond in some shape or form. Maybe a lifting of some restrictions to enable Christmas to happen.

I remember when politicians said that a second lockdown would be the most damaging thing we can do. Yet here we are, with what feels absolutely no effort to avoid it. Particulary when the U.K. govt has struggled to get essential Task like testing under control or even develop a coherent strategy around this 

The govt constantly witters on about how everyone must do there bit. A shame the cant do their bit. 

None of the politicians have the balls to argue for no second  lockdown . Too frightened to take a risk . Cowards really . They appear to want to tank the economy and long term mental health and well being of people with continued lockdowns. 

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

My issue with this statistic is that it is a binary outcome of surviving or dying with Covid.

Not enough consideration in my view is given to "Long Covid".

There are reportedly tens of thousands of then healthy people who are still suffering months after covid and suggests to me that a herd immunity approach would just exacerbate this, especially if we don't have specific measures to reduce spread and viral load.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more-than-half-of-covid-19-patients-experience-ongoing-fatigue-study-finds-12074119

Tens of thousands sounds like a big number but with a population of 60 odd million it would make very little difference to those percentages.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

None of the politicians have the balls to argue for no second  lockdown . Too frightened to take a risk . Cowards really . They appear to want to tank the economy and long term mental health and well being of people with continued lockdowns. 

Why are they not pressed about symptoms  , tests that are a "bit rubbish", false positives, hospital admission rates that are very low?? All they talk about is cases and ridiculous graphs?  Will they do a similar presentation during the flu season??

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Start a poll mate.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not that immature mate 

St Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are they not pressed about symptoms  , tests that are a "bit rubbish", false positives, hospital admission rates that are very low?? All they talk about is cases and ridiculous graphs?  Will they do a similar presentation during the flu season??

Why are you bothered, you don't believe anything said, you've got your own opinion and can carry on about your business as normal. 

Why all the grizzling? 

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why? That's not against the rules of the forum.

Trolling and spamming is though.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Banning you from visiting your family. But want you to keep going into the office to keep the economy going! 
Nah I’ll keep seeing my family to keep my mental health going 

No one will heed these restrictions about banning house visits . They. Can do a bolt . As you said ok to go to work but not see family or friends at home ? No way . 

If there genuinely is a high confidence expectation of a large scale vaccine in say 6-9 months time then the measures do have a purpose and strategy.    If might represent a sort of long,  final push for the winning line.    

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why? That's not against the rules of the forum.

Trolling and spamming is though.

So breaking laws is not against the rules?

Just now, Victorian said:

If there genuinely is a high confidence expectation of a large scale vaccine in say 6-9 months time then the measures do have a purpose and strategy.    If might represent a sort of long,  final push for the winning line.    

Your kind won't be getting a vaccine anyway. Slope off back under the bed please.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The missus has just comeback from doing the weekly shop. She says it’s mental and full on panic buying is in effect.

Aye, I heard this yesterday, as well. 

Francis Albert

I see  from Whitty that the next measures are to be based on "worst case scenarios". Since the worst case is by definition unlikely to happen the measures whatever they are and whatever their impact actually is are almost certain to be deemed a success.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I see  from Whitty that the next measures are to be based on "worst case scenarios". Since the worst case is by definition unlikely to happen the measures whatever they are and whatever their impact actually is are almost certain to be deemed a success.

At no point did he say that. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not very good then is it 

Agreed. You should probably stop posting in protest. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic