Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

I think deaths will start coming through again unfortunately. 

264 in hospital - 21 more than a week go.

6 in ICU - 5 more than a week ago. 

Deaths have never stopped coming through. Or even slowed much. People with serious underlying conditions have continued to die with or without Covid19. Others are dying and will die because of the NHS neglect of those without Covid 19.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mysterion said:

3 areas to have restrictions placed on them:

West Dunbartonshire

City of Glasgow

East Renfrewshire 

Apparently it’s weird behaviour to let people know about the updates 

Only 8 people from a maximum of 3 households are allowed to meet indoors - across the country

this MUST be stuck to or we will potentially lose this option in future.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Only 8 people from a maximum of 3 households are allowed to meet indoors - across the country

Does that include hoose pairties

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

3 areas to have restrictions placed on them:

West Dunbartonshire

City of Glasgow

East Renfrewshire 

Not washing hands springs to mind.

Good luck trying to sell that news to the public.   That ship has sailed.   Rightly (in some way) or wrongly,  people are much less likely to be inclined to believe things are necessary or apply to them as individuals.   The majority will try to follow the rules but a minority will not and will contribute to the problem.

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yet people can still go to pubs and restaurants, mixing with people they don’t know, sharing toilets etc. The 8 people from 3 households rule is an ineffective nonsense approach. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How often are 8 people from a maximum of 3 households allowed to meet indoors? Once an hour? Once a week, once a month? And how is this going to be policed? 

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i thought it was because of your old man eyes struggling to read it at that size

I don't need to read it, I know the rules ©JIH. It's for the rest of the twits in the house.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

How often are 8 people from a maximum of 3 households allowed to meet indoors? Once an hour? Once a week, once a month? And how is this going to be policed? 

This rule has been in place for weeks. It's no more than 8 from 3 households in a 24 hour period. You can meet daily if desired. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

This rule has been in place for weeks. It's no more than 8 from 3 households in a 24 hour period. You can meet daily if desired. 

You've got to allow for support bubbles as well remember, so that could be 4 households.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So with an .incubation.period of 7 to 10.days the virus is free to.spread to hundreds of people a week.even if people understand and follow the rules. 

So with an .incubation.period of 7 to 10.days the virus is free to.spread to hundreds of people a week.even if people understand and follow the rules. 

You think the rules are too lenient now? :lol:

Obviously the tracing procedure has pinpointed indoor gatherings as the principal reason for the increased infections in the Glasgow area. I'm not sure that today's move will have much effect though. The sorts of folk who flout the rules will continue to flout the rules and it's almost impossible to police. I guess they must be hoping that neighbours etc. will be more likely to report house parties if they're completely verboten rather than having to ask themselves  "Are there more than 8 people from 3 households there?".

Francis Albert
Just now, Ray Gin said:

You think the rules are too lenient now? :lol:

No. Just that they make very little sense and are pretty incomprehensible.

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Weedgies not allowed to visit each other’s houses. 

only if they are taking the silver back😉

No. Just that they make very little sense and are pretty incomprehensible.

It's to avoid house parties and larger indoor gatherings. Given that you agree this is a good thing, of course, how would you phrase the guideline?

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How often are 8 people from a maximum of 3 households allowed to meet indoors? Once an hour? Once a week, once a month? And how is this going to be policed

How is every other law policed? 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Deaths have never stopped coming through. Or even slowed much. People with serious underlying conditions have continued to die with or without Covid19. Others are dying and will die because of the NHS neglect of those without Covid 19.

This is a really important point although it is worth reserving judgement till we see how the resumption of normal NHS activities pans out over the coming months before suggesting there is deliberate NHS neglect.

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Includes all indoor gatherings

this should be a wake up call to everyone 

People will rightly ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That's why social distancing is still in place and why hand washing is encouraged. It still limits the amount of people that come into contact indoors and it stops massive parties with 10s of households inside.

They've done well here by identifying how the virus is spreading and shutdown those areas, Aberdeen was pubs, Glasgow it is in peoples houses.

It's not going away.

The virus.

For me these measures now have a more adverse affect across many health matters than the virus has.

That's not to say other measures are a bad thing.

Just think the focus needs placed more on who is vulnerable.

There is now a need for balance.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

With difficulty. But mostly with less difficulty than this one.

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Then the restriction will be extended and legislation will be passed to enforce it, much easier to comply with the guidelines, as the vast majority have  so far, and then move on in two weeks.

They can’t really control what people do in their own homes. The problem quite obviously hasn’t been caused by 4 couples meeting up for a dinner party. Anyone planning a proper party will still be having one. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In a normal country? By force. In France, Germany, Spain etc, the police would use pepper spray, CS gas, water cannon, batons,  whatever it takes, to disperse crowds and uphold the law. Here? Our Police "service" are more likely to skateboard, "take the knee" or negotiate. We've allowed the hand wringing lefties and Guardianistas to set the agenda for too long. Given that, a few weeks ago, the Police "service" were unable to break up a stag party at a holiday house in North Berwick because the natives were "too drunk to move on", I reckon the chances of the modern equivalent of Strathclyde's finest entering a property in Glasgow are next to zero. More likely sitting down the nick, engrossed in a diversity CBT. 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

This is a really important point although it is worth reserving judgement till we see how the resumption of normal NHS activities pans out over the coming months before suggesting there is deliberate NHS neglect.

Of course it is deliberate. Two.months after the virus subsided during which hospitals have been emptier than ever routine cancer treatments and tests to name but one example are still.not being conducted. 

So people in Glasgow can’t visit each other in houses but can arrange to all meet up in a pub or just all head to costa 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The measures are not that strict now and things are opening all the time, there is no denying the lockdown was bad for many people and their health, but the virus was out of control then.  I think this phase is going to be about local restrictions, better than an all out lockdown again

I'm becoming uncomfortable not only with the disproportionate aspects of this virus and the measures taken but also that we have both governments placing restrictions on civil liberties with no parliament scrutiny.

The measures are not strict but they are intrusive and controlling.

I'm not denying the good intentions with which these restrictions are being put in to play.

But I am and have been for a while a little bit worried at how compliant we have been.

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

People will rightly ignore it.

No

only ignorant selfish twits will ignore it and should be reported 

21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Then the restriction will be extended and legislation will be passed to enforce it, much easier to comply with the guidelines, as the vast majority have  so far, and then move on in two weeks.

It ain't going away. There will always be coronavirus in circulation.

Sturgeon should admit she has made a mess of the whole thing and let people get on with their lives.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In a normal country? By force. In France, Germany, Spain etc, the police would use pepper spray, CS gas, water cannon, batons,  whatever it takes, to disperse crowds and uphold the law. Here? Our Police "service" are more likely to skateboard, "take the knee" or negotiate. We've allowed the hand wringing lefties and Guardianistas to set the agenda for too long. Given that, a few weeks ago, the Police "service" were unable to break up a stag party at a holiday house in North Berwick because the natives were "too drunk to move on", I reckon the chances of the modern equivalent of Strathclyde's finest entering a property in Glasgow are next to zero. More likely sitting down the nick, engrossed in a diversity CBT. 

So you think they should be slapping out the pepper spray and water cannons to break up house parties? 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

No

The ‘ignorant selfish twits’ were ignoring rules before this latest announcement and will continue to ignore them now. 

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No

Bet your curtains are twitching all day.

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

So people in Glasgow can’t visit each other in houses but can arrange to all meet up in a pub or just all head to costa 

I'm sure "Nicola" knows what she is doing......😂

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So you think they should be slapping out the pepper spray and water cannons to break up house parties? 

Was that what I said?

End lockdown. If you want to wear a mask and carry around hand sanitizer all day and applying it every time you touch something then feel free. 

Enough is enough. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Was that what I said?

Genuinely no idea. 

Anyway sturgeon said there's evidence that the virus is spreading in houses rather than pubs etc which is why people can still meet up in pubs and that instead of houses. 

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

End lockdown. If you want to wear a mask and carry around hand sanitizer all day and applying it every time you touch something then feel free. 

Enough is enough. 

No not at all

we have to do everything we can to keep the number down

Nicola is 100% correct 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It ain't going away. There will always be coronavirus in circulation.

Sturgeon should admit she has made a mess of the whole thing and let people get on with their lives.

And then if infection rises and death rates go up no doubt you will be quick to blame her.

Notice I said if cause who knows how things will play out.

Genuinely no idea. 

Anyway sturgeon said there's evidence that the virus is spreading in houses rather than pubs etc which is why people can still meet up in pubs and that instead of houses. 

If track and trace hasn't found any link from pubs then fair enough.

Genuinely no idea. 

My point is, by highlighting the differences between Police Scotland and nearly every other European equivalent,  ours lack a willingness to enforce the law. Changing from a "force" to a "service" was a mad political decision. So, if it needs batons to empty a house party and drag the participants down 3 flights of stairs, don't expect it to happen in Scotland. 

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No not at all

Nicola is 100% correct 

Tell you what. You do that and the rest of us will have a life.

I kind of have a feeling lockdown did not make much difference to your lifestyle. 

Bet you wear a mask when you're on the laptop....

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think that is pretty much how the system is meant to work.

The outbreaks recently have been contained and the numbers have remained small, rather than just carry on as normal and soon we'll be seeing things back to March levels again

Exactly and i think it was always explained these restrictions would be put in place.It always read as a give and then takeaway for a period if need be scenario.

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

And the added bonus that it is localised and targeted rather than national and blunt like the 1st lockdown.

For me this is the path back to normality.

I agree.I think we will all have our spell of it as well as no doubt Edinburgh will face similar at some point.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No not at all

Nicola is 100% correct 

100%?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic