Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

In a nutshell .  It’s a joke an absolute joke.  A lot of pish and wind.  Had enough of her and her bullshit.  To think I voted SNP as well 😥  I genuinely think she just loves being the centre of attention so much. She’s totally gone against what the dentist was saying weeks ago.   Nah, had enough and if I even see her face again I think I’d puke

Personally I don’t think you need to look much further than the part in bold for any explanations. 

10 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

Jason Leitch just now on Radio Scotland- "Dentists getting back to routine checkups and routine treatments is still a way off unfortunately".

That's a massive restriction. I've not had a checkup for two years. It's not just facemasks left, and Sturgeon and the media shouldn't dress it up as such. Total joke. And everyone just sits and laps sit up.

So we've got-

Enforced working from home.
You can't get a dentist appointment.
You can't get a ticket for the football.

Yet everyone's just swallows it, nods along without thinking and pretends all restrictions are gone!

And this is the level below 0. I thought Scotland would get on the freedom train now...gutted for you all (and friends and family back home) that it's still so restricted

36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They care if you cycle.

Reading morning they are saying transmit in Glasgow is going ahead next month. 
Now I can only imaging the carnage at that with the youngsters but for some reason Edinburgh council won’t allow people to walk around a huge park eating food 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

Jason Leitch just now on Radio Scotland- "Dentists getting back to routine checkups and routine treatments is still a way off unfortunately".

That's a massive restriction. I've not had a checkup for two years. It's not just facemasks left, and Sturgeon and the media shouldn't dress it up as such. Total joke. And everyone just sits and laps sit up.

So we've got-

Yet everyone's just swallows it, nods along without thinking and pretends all restrictions are gone!

I’ve had a dental appointment for a check up but had to make another appointment for a scale and polish which is normally done at the same time.

Madness.

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

As far as I understand it the Government is not imposing a cap but imposing a capacity threshold in absolute numbers (5000) above which local councils have discretion to set capacity limits from anywhere between that number and 60,000.

I understand what you are saying but as a matter of Government  Covid policy that makes no sense to me.

( Have councils ever taken account of the risk of spreading infectious diseases in setting the safe capacity for stadiums? )

The argument will be that different areas may have different “ case “ levels therefore they need to be “ cautious “ !   

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Not even at Easter Road?

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

In a nutshell .  It’s a joke an absolute joke.  A lot of pish and wind.  Had enough of her and her bullshit.  To think I voted SNP as well 😥  I genuinely think she just loves being the centre of attention so much. She’s totally gone against what the dentist was saying weeks ago.   Nah, had enough and if I even see her face again I think I’d puke

Yeah I was snp before all this palaver . But they have lost me now 

2 hours ago, LMc said:

😄

Although if Edinburgh City Council decide against full houses I'll also lose my shit....

👍👍

1 hour ago, theshed said:

I see the council put a stop to the foodies festival this coming weekend. 

They had done everything the council asked them to do but council still cancelled it 

Loads of traders left thousands of pounds out of pocket but council don’t care 

I know . A disgrace . And why was that ? It was an open air venue . Ffs 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

1482A13B-4131-4270-9307-5A31DAE26FB3.jpeg

Pass me the “ key “ 😂

37 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

So we've got-

It is a massive restriction as dentists can also spot early signs of oral cancer snd other illnesses . So expect an increase in these conditions too . 

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ve had a dental appointment for a check up but had to make another appointment for a scale and polish which is normally done at the same time.

Madness.

Same here she just looked at my teeth , inspected my mouth and I have appointment in two weeks time for scrap and polish 

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

And this is the level below 0. I thought Scotland would get on the freedom train now...gutted for you all (and friends and family back home) that it's still so restricted

No Taffin . The more I think about it the more peed off I am now . Still many restrictions . She and the  Media played a blinder yesterday by stating that “ it was mostly the end of restrictions “ or the end of level 0 . It isn’t . Never mind the fiasco about mask wearing in clubs . 😂😂I honestly just assumed that you wouldn’t wear a mask in a club ( unless it was a fetishised club 😎) so didn’t even think to look at the finer detail yesterday regarding this until it was noted later online on other social media !! But I think as others have noted she will quickly drop most restrictions in the next few weeks apart from the masks on buses and shops , due to overwhelming pressures and hopefully positive data . 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, windsor1874 said:

Lucky you.

I've literally just phoned them again. "No NHS checkups. Our guidance hasn't changed. I'll book you in for October and hope it will be fine then."

Total postcode lottery.

That’s not good at all . Cant you complain to NHS. ? 

51 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

So we've got-

Very few countries on the planet have zero restrictions. Possibly only England, and even they are telling people to behave as if they are still there.

Edited by Ray Gin

Francis Albert

Down here in Englandshire we have had our regular 6 monthly check up  including cleaning throughout the pandemic and I also got an immediate emergency appointment for a cracked tooth. 

GP surgeries have been more problematic and inconsistent but that has I think been down to the individual GPs not the Government or NHS.

Edited by Francis Albert

Byyy The Light
44 minutes ago, theshed said:

Reading morning they are saying transmit in Glasgow is going ahead next month. 
Now I can only imaging the carnage at that with the youngsters but for some reason Edinburgh council won’t allow people to walk around a huge park eating food 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

That's a shocker from Edinburgh council.  It's hard enough for the independents to turn a profit at these events as it is.  To leave them thousands of pounds out of pocket is a disgrace.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, windsor1874 said:

So we've got-

Weird. I've been at the dentist 3 times in the last 6 months (1 x check up and 2 x treatment) and I'm working from the office full time now.

I seem to be living a more open and normal life, than what is described in the press and on here.

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No Taffin . The more I think about it the more peed off I am now . Still many restrictions . She and the  Media played a blinder yesterday by stating that “ it was mostly the end of restrictions “ or the end of level 0 . It isn’t . Never mind the fiasco about mask wearing in clubs . 😂😂I honestly just assumed that you wouldn’t wear a mask in a club ( unless it was a fetishised club 😎) so didn’t even think to look at the finer detail yesterday regarding this until it was noted later online on other social media !! But I think as others have noted she will quickly drop most restrictions in the next few weeks apart from the masks on buses and shops , due to overwhelming pressures and hopefully positive data . 

I just assumed level 0 is nearly no restrictions and anything less than that is no restrictions. It sounds more as if you're now in what could be deemed level 0. Much like the UK govt it's just a fiasco of 'branding' really. How can you be below level 0 and still have restrictions, it makes no sense from the outside looking in.

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

GP surgeries have been more problematic and inconsistent but that has I think been down to the individual GPs not the Government or NHS.

I have a couple of potentially serious underlying issues that generally require 6 monthly check ups and and a juggling of medication qnd dosages based on results.

Despite a few enquiries I haven't managed to see the health professionalfor the best part of 2 years and they just keep chucking the meds at me.

🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Very few countries on the planet have zero restrictions. Possibly only England, and even they are telling people to behave as if they are still there.

Is it the actual restrictions people are annoyed with or the govt treating them like morons? Surely level 0 should be pretty much all restrictions gone and beyond that...none? To have moved beyond level 0 and still have restrictions in place suggests they're now permanent; which will likely anger people. Its dressing it up in the hope people don't notice, but it seems they've seen right through it. Logically level 0 was level 2, you're now in level 1 and 0 would be the end of restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Is it the actual restrictions people are annoyed with or the govt treating them like morons? Surely level 0 should be pretty much all restrictions gone and beyond that...none? To have moved beyond level 0 and still have restrictions in place suggests they're now permanent; which will likely anger people. Its dressing it up in the hope people don't notice, but it seems they've seen right through it. Logically level 0 was level 2, you're now in level 1 and 0 would be the end of restrictions.

It suggests nothing of the sort. It just suggests the levels system has been dropped.

Edited by Ray Gin

15 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

Well aware of that. Thanks though.

I don't even mind there still being restrictions. It's the spin from the politicians, then being repeated by the media rather than questioned. Just be honest- "restrictions are again being reduced". 

That's pretty much exactly what was said. Nobody claimed there were no restrictions.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It suggests nothing of the sort. It just suggests the levels system has been dropped.

So you're not exiting level 0, level 0 (and 1,2,3 etc) simply don't exist anymore? That's positive I guess, at least you can't re-enter them then, irreversible like the UK govt originally claimed before wriggling out of it. As I say, from the outside looking in, it's certainly confusing though as to what the progression and purpose of the levels were if they weren't tied to the restrictions that were in place but then, they weren't designed to serve those on the outside looking in.

Just now, Taffin said:

So you're not exiting level 0, level 0 (and 1,2,3 etc) simply don't exist anymore? That's positive I guess, at least you can't re-enter them then, irreversible like the UK govt originally claimed before wriggling out of it. As I say, from the outside looking in, it's certainly confusing though as to what the progression and purpose of the levels were if they weren't tied to the restrictions that were in place but then, they weren't designed to serve those on the outside looking in.

Correct, nowhere in Scotland has a level placed on it any more. 

Nobody has said it is irreversible though. Nobody can predict with certainty what will happen with the virus in the future. To make such a claim would be pretty foolish.

Just now, windsor1874 said:

BBC News at Six. "First Minister has confirmed almost all remaining restrictions will be removed from Monday".

Thats clearly an untrue/exaggerated statement. Several folk have listed several restrictions that will still exist. 

So not all restrictions then.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I just assumed level 0 is nearly no restrictions and anything less than that is no restrictions. It sounds more as if you're now in what could be deemed level 0. Much like the UK govt it's just a fiasco of 'branding' really. How can you be below level 0 and still have restrictions, it makes no sense from the outside looking in.

As you said it’s been a sleakit branding exercise really which many fell for yesterday regarding being now at level  0 . Most assumed that all restrictions Would be lifted but they aren’t . There is also no actual end date either about the remaining restrictions being lifted ! People will vote with their feet sams masks eventually . Yes we don’t know what May happen with covid , I Get that but people mainly want normality back and that means pre covid normality . 

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

See above 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

BBC News at Six. "First Minister has confirmed almost all remaining restrictions will be removed from Monday".

Thats clearly an untrue/exaggerated statement. Several folk have listed several restrictions that will still exist. 

:cornette:

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That's pretty much exactly what was said. Nobody claimed there were no restrictions.

Yep.

It's only the press that have been talking about Freedom Day being yesterday as if the pandemic was over and life would be back to normal.

We have been out of lockdown for months, been under restrictions that have been loosening in stages and told that yesterday was just another milestone in a plan of easing more restrictions.

I can't believe anyone up here actually believed that yesterday was the day we were back to normal.

Edited by DETTY29

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I have a couple of potentially serious underlying issues that generally require 6 monthly check ups and and a juggling of medication qnd dosages based on results.

Despite a few enquiries I haven't managed to see the health professionalfor the best part of 2 years and they just keep chucking the meds at me.

🤷‍♂️

Complain to the NHS . Simple as that or contact your local MSP . It worked for me last year . It’s not being a nippy b***** to ensure your health conditions are being monitored . Without being a drama Queen it can sometimes be a matter of life or death or progression of a serious illness which might have been avoided if you were seen face to face for regular detailed check ups . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

As you said it’s been a sleakit branding exercise really which many fell for yesterday regarding being now at level  0 . Most assumed that all restrictions Would be lifted but they aren’t . There is also no actual end date either about the remaining restrictions being lifted ! People will vote with their feet sams masks eventually . Yes we don’t know what May happen with covid , I Get that but people mainly want normality back and that means pre covid normality . 

See above 

Yes everyone wants normality back. However the world has suffered a global health crisis and there are absolute no guarantees that life can EVER go back to the exactly the way it was, anywhere on the planet. People need to get real and stop being so entitled and brattish. 

It is only thanks to the incredible success of the vaccines that we're even getting a sniff of normality back. There was a very real prospect that life would be completely ****ed for a very long time if we didn't have them. Be thankful for where we are.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, windsor1874 said:

Has there been a next review date given for further easing of restrictions? As there has been all the way through? It's generally been every three weeks. I might have missed it but not sure

No there is no review date . That’s the concerning thing . However just keep an eye on England as she tends to follow what happened down south with our cousins very closely then follows that , depending on how public opinion is too for BJ !  Forget about “ following the science “ 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes everyone wants normality back. However the world has suffered a global health crisis and there are absolute no guarantees that life can EVER go back to the exactly the way it was, anywhere on the planet. People need to get real and stop being so entitled and brattish. 

It is only thanks to the incredible success of the vaccines that we're even getting a sniff of normality back. There was a very real prospect that life would be completely ****ed for a very long time if we didn't have them. Be thankful for where we are.

D94EE3F2-677F-4822-9220-9727C4D14353.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

If entitlement means being entitled to dental care on the NHS, then yes you're right I am entitled. Cheers

Stop being a “ brat “ how dare you ! Next we will have people with possible cancer , heart disease , etc demanding their “entitlement”  to be seen by the NHS !! 

JudyJudyJudy

It’s getting more farcical about nightclubs and masks wearing . Swinney left to face the wrap from the shambles of yesterday ! “ More discussions “ with night club owners !’ It’s laughable 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/covid-scotland-face-masks-for-clubbers-could-be-tricky-says-john-swinney-3333903?fbclid=IwAR3oG0T4sL4lF7zoaAFZuL7zJY19b9XMNFEw1YBH4GffkBYPblzVC8gMOvY

29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct, nowhere in Scotland has a level placed on it any more. 

Nobody has said it is irreversible though. Nobody can predict with certainty what will happen with the virus in the future. To make such a claim would be pretty foolish.

If the levels have been dropped they're not an option to roll back into. If they'd just progressed down the levels and then after the final one (with restrictions akin to what you've got now), had no restrictions they could have then progressed back up through them if needed. Of course, they could reinstate more restrictions again in another guise, think people would lose their minds though 😂

Anyway it's all positive, it's moving (slowly) in the right direction. 👍

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop being a “ brat “ how dare you ! Next we will have people with possible cancer , heart disease , etc demanding their “entitlement”  to be seen by the NHS !! 

The restrictions left in place will help to ensure that these people are indeed seen to by the NHS instead of covid patients slowing things down again.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The restrictions left in place will help to ensure that these people are indeed seen to by the NHS instead of covid patients slowing things down again.

J.H.C.! Are you Sturgeon's PR? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, windsor1874 said:

If entitlement means being entitled to dental care on the NHS, then yes you're right I am entitled. Cheers

You're entitled to dental care on the NHS? How'd you wangle that?

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A routine dental checkup is nothing in the grand scheme of things and definitely should have the lowest priority, especially when they have 18 months of patients to catch up on.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

J.H.C.! Are you Sturgeon's PR? 

You disagree that less covid patients = faster appointment times for everyone?

40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You just stay locked up then and let those who want to get on with our lives normally do so. Utter weirdo.

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

You just stay locked up then and let those who want to get on with our lives normally do so. Utter weirdo.

Nobody is locked up and we haven't been for months. Other than popping a mask on now and again and working from home my life is pretty much back to normal.

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A routine dental checkup is nothing in the grand scheme of things and definitely should have the lowest priority, especially when they have 18 months of patients to catch up on.

Yes but a routine dental appointment can also help in identifying other more serious Health issues like oral cancer and other issues . 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes but a routine dental appointment can also help in identifying other more serious Health issues like oral cancer and other issues . 

Well duh, but there are plenty of other higher priorities, a finite amount of dentists and a massive backlog to get through

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Who's locked up?

Just now, Smithee said:

Who's locked up?

He seems to think we're still under lockdown. :lol: 

No wonder he's grumpy. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And if some dentists have been able to maintain more or less normal service for even "routine" (though as you say potentially important) appointments why do others have 18 months of patients "to catch up on" as Ray Gin suggests?

A similar question could be asked of GPs. Our surgery has been pretty hopeless but others nearby have operated more closely to normal. My wife had a horrendous case of shingles (just after a severe bout of Covid) early in Wave One. A phone image as requested by the GP did no justice to the state of her, which could only be appreciated in the flesh or maybe 3D!. She told them she would have to go to the local A&E and an appointment was immediately offered. It might have been to keep pressure off A&E but I suspect was more about the surgery's embarrassment if the reason for her visit was explained to A&E.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who's locked up?

Everyone who was pinged by the NHS App was subject to up to 10 days house arrest.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Everyone who was pinged by the NHS App was subject to up to 10 days house arrest.

The guy told Ray to stay locked up though. This why I ask, who's locked up? It certainly isn't the general population, nor Ray to the best of my knowledge, so what sense does You Just Stay Locked Up make?

1 hour ago, windsor1874 said:

If you haven't been able to get appointments I'd perhaps suggest switching dental practice. I've been having fairly regular appointments for an ongoing treatment on a tooth for the last few months. The problem was discovered during a routine checkup so those too are still happening. Yes appointments are a bit more spaced out than they would have been pre-COVID and you may have to be more flexible than you'd like about when you get your appointment but I've certainly had no real issues. 

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well duh, but there are plenty of other higher priorities, a finite amount of dentists and a massive backlog to get through

Higher priorities than maybe finding oral cancer at an early stage ? Ok then ! 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, LMc said:

Edit. Guidance due out tommorow btw. 

Imagine thd next Indy campaign , it’s going to be hysterical for comedy gold if this is how they manage one area on which they absolute control over 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic