• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

😂😂  Hope you are well Dagger and keeping busy mate

Yeah all good here buddy thanks. Back to work as of 26 April so chuffed about that. Hope all is good with you and yours. Remember and send me some snaps of your erection you were working on. 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yeah all good here buddy thanks. Back to work as of 26 April so chuffed about that. Hope all is good with you and yours. Remember and send me some snaps of your erection you were working on. 🤣🤣

😂😂 I forgot about that mate. I'll send a couple of photos. I've been back 3 weeks now aswell. Been good to get back to a sense of normality, workwise anyway.

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

😂😂 I forgot about that mate. I'll send a couple of photos. I've been back 3 weeks now aswell. Been good to get back to a sense of normality, workwise anyway.

Amen to that. Look forward to being inspired by the snaps. Glad you're back at work boss.

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe a wee bit premature to release the scary numbers then?

Not really.  People rightly demand and deserve information.  If this is the latest information (about credible possibilities and consequences) then it should be reported.  

If it's credible and legitimate thought within science,  what is the argument against reporting it to the public?

Or are people simply dismissing this because they don't like the sound of it?

I'm neutral on it.  Not worried.  Open minded.

Edited by Victorian

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not really. They need people to be cautious now as a precaution while we learn more, as in a few weeks it may be too late to halt it without locking down again.

As has happened all along.

What we know with certainty is that while the numbers haven't been as bad as worst case predictions, we do know that actions taken have stopped the numbers from being worse and when decisions have been delayed these decisions has made things worse.

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, theshed said:

Just seen the scenes on the news from Glasgow before the rangers game 😱

Yes well how can anyone respect that clowns tweet after Thursdays events !  

3962DD95-18F6-4C86-B52F-9DBF6B901B0B.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Probably spent his time on the ventilator firing out texts to see if any Tory donors fancied stumping up for his taxi home.

He wasn’t on a ventilator at any point in his stay apparently. 

manaliveits105

Surprised the media havent found an expert called Professor Variant Caution yet to champion their scaremongering 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Surprised the media havent found an expert called Professor Variant Caution yet to champion their scaremongering 

Did the media make the Prime Minister stand in front of the nation to say the things he said?

Shocking how powerful the media have become.  

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s a bunch of baloney really . Just the turn the screw back on us again . I haven’t the slightest worry about it . I’ll get my second vaccine and that’s me done . Masks off , get on fully with life . 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s a bunch of baloney really . Just the turn the screw back on us again . I haven’t the slightest worry about it . I’ll get my second vaccine and that’s me done . Masks off , get on fully with life . 

Aaah,  an example of a closed mind.  A closed mind is a non-functional mind... as often seen from this example.

stevie1874
21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Just speed-read the last few pages, and wanted to clarify I'm getting the gist...

IFAICMO, Priti Patel (calm yersel', @Governor Tarkin) turned up in Glasgow mob-handed with a Transit van full of thugs and magnets. They then proceeded to vaccinate a bunch of SNP-voting illegal immigrants, while @OmiyaHearts and his crew went down to stop the carry on. However, because everyone there was vaxxed-up, the magnets started flying about all over the shop, attaching themselves to everyone's puncture point. It was at this point that Nicola Sturgeon came riding in, astride a tartan unicorn named @ri Alban. Both woman and beast proceeded to fire whisky-laced thunderbolts at Patel and co, forcing them to retreat back to Zionist London, leaving Glasgow to proclaim itself under direct rule from Hamas. Meanwhile, @Lord BJ and his missus watched the whole thing with a nice steak and a glass of wine from an outside table.

Let me know if I got any of that wrong, I may have skipped a few details.

Brilliant 😂

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not really.  People rightly demand and deserve information.  If this is the latest information (about credible possibilities and consequences) then it should be reported.  

If it's credible and legitimate thought within science,  what is the argument against reporting it to the public?

Or are people simply dismissing this because they don't like the sound of it?

I'm neutral on it.  Not worried.  Open minded.

My concern is with how the media report things and I think experts should be clear about the limitations of what they know and  be clearer about what is largely speculation based on very limited data. There is a huge spectrum of of "credible and legitimate thought within science". As with much else it is the bad news /speculation that gets most of the headlines. 

You may say littering what they say with all the mights and coulds and maybes is sufficient. I don't think it is.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aaah,  an example of a closed mind.  A closed mind is a non-functional mind... as often seen from this example.

Good afternoon Victorian ! Not closed ,just fed up with the constant steam of pish from the media and Govt about variants  and their so called virulence ! I know the talk of the new  Variants and spikes gives you and others  a raging erection ! It usually gives you the chance to post some pseudo Mumbo jumbo / science / thoughts / hypothesis / blethering nonsense about it all like your on the Sage committee , when your probably best suited to the :‘saga committee . It also gives you the opportunity to pontificate about it to those “ closed minds “  but anyway  Have a good day . 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I agree, was just pointing out that whilst they keep encouraging everyone to do their bit etc it's clear there it isn't a priority for younger to be vaccinated. If it's not a priority why would I prioritise getting it when they eventually offer it?!?

Old and vulnerable vaccinated should have been the end of it. If the vaccines do their original stated aim of preventing serious illness and death in 90% of people.

The larger the pool of the unvaccinated population, the greater chance there is of the virus mutating within that pool or folk transmitting a mutated virus brought from elsewhere (vaccination also has an effect on transmission). Far safer to go for full coverage, or as full as possible.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

My concern is with how the media report things and I think experts should be clear about the limitations of what they know and  be clearer about what is largely speculation based on very limited data. There is a huge spectrum of of "credible and legitimate thought within science". As with much else it is the bad news /speculation that gets most of the headlines. 

You may say littering what they say with all the mights and coulds and maybes is sufficient. I don't think it is.

It is sufficient because people just pick up on the scare mongering language , “ spikes “ surges “ etc been like that from day one 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did you also miss the PM standing at the briefing to say what he said?  The media did not cause the PM to raise his government's thoughts and scientific advisors' thoughts.

Fixating on media coverage of official information wont help you.  Try fixating on what the scientists and political figures say.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

So they don’t know. Why on earth has this ‘information’ been put into the public domain? They’ve called it wrong all year, yet we’re still expected to deem the advice credible?

It appears they have a very limited dataset so making public estimates of 20k hospitalisations based on negligible data is just nonsensical. What’s the purpose?

No doubt some well connected individuals will have sold a few shares yesterday and will pick them up on Monday after everything drops 5%. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe a wee bit premature to release the scary numbers then?

Just trying scare people into behaving in a way that reduces risk.

The only problem I have with it is the element of hyperbole and the likelihood that it produces 'boy who cried wolf' style diminishing returns. Time would have been better spent looking at airport controls and testing vaccination cards for entry into events/ travel an other possible ways of reducing spread

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good afternoon Victorian ! Not closed ,just fed up with the constant steam of pish from the media and Govt about variants  and their so called virulence ! I know the talk of the new  Variants and spikes gives you and others  a raging erection ! It usually gives you the chance to post some pseudo Mumbo jumbo / science / thoughts / hypothesis / blethering nonsense about it all like your on the Sage committee , when your probably best suited to the :‘saga committee . It also gives you the opportunity to pontificate about it to those “ closed minds “  but anyway  Have a good day . 

All you need to do is to remain calm and open minded.  You've already decided it's all "baloney".  You might be proved 'right' but it's really just a dumb guess,  informed by a pre-determined belief.

You'll find thinking more rewarding by remaining open minded about things.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

All you need to do is to remain calm and open minded.  You've already decided it's all "baloney".  You might be proved 'right' but it's really just a dumb guess,  informed by a pre-determined belief.

You'll find thinking more rewarding by remaining open minded about things.  

Well thanks for that advice . I’m very calm . I might be proved right hence the baloney comment but then again maybe not . Im Not denying there is an Indian variant im just suspicious of the timing of it being in the media and its so called virulence 

A "spike" is used as a scientific term to express a sudden and steep rise in the occurrence of something. I don't see how the use of the term can be seen as "scare-mongering". If there's a spike in the data, that's just a fact, no emotion involved.

Let's speculate a little.  Fast forward about a month.  The scientists find out that their worst case concerns are quite wide of the mark and that the threat from the India variant is much less serious.  The PM and the scientists go on the telly to tell us the good news.  Barry.  The media cover the story and say a bunch of nice things.  Barry.

Will some of you jellyfish be bemoaning the media,  the PM and Mr & Mrs Scientist then?

I think not.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A "spike" is used as a scientific term to express a sudden and steep rise in the occurrence of something. I don't see how the use of the term can be seen as "scare-mongering". If there's a spike in the data, that's just a fact, no emotion involved.

Yes but it’s a scary word fir some people .it’s an omnipatea  “ Rise “ is better . 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I agree, was just pointing out that whilst they keep encouraging everyone to do their bit etc it's clear there it isn't a priority for younger to be vaccinated. If it's not a priority why would I prioritise getting it when they eventually offer it?!?

Old and vulnerable vaccinated should have been the end of it. If the vaccines do their original stated aim of preventing serious illness and death in 90% of people.

Yep. If the vaccines do work, then we should basically be back to normal by now. The mantra throughout these restrictions has been that’s it is necessary to protect the NHS. 

All vulnerable groups have been vaccinated now (at least with one dose, but the majority having had two). Death rate in Scotland is basically zero and there are only 6 people in ICU with CV. Yet we are still no where near back to normal restrictions wise. 

Makes you wonder. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes but it’s a scary word fir some people .it’s an omnipatea  “ Rise “ is better . 

They don't express the same thing though. A rise could be as slow as dough rising in the oven. I suppose you could say a "sharp rise" but then that would probably be interpreted as scare-mongering in the same way you are saying that "spike" is.

I don't think we should start banning onomatopoeic words just because some people may incorrectly infer emotions from them. A surge in cases is exactly that. A spike in the occurrence of something is exactly that. Banning the use of words like that and replacing them with dumbed-down less accurate equivalents sounds very much 1984 "Newspeak" to me.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Yep. If the vaccines do work, then we should basically be back to normal by now. The mantra throughout these restrictions has been that’s it is necessary to protect the NHS. 

All vulnerable groups have been vaccinated now (at least with one dose, but the majority having had two). Death rate in Scotland is basically zero and there are only 6 people in ICU with CV. Yet we are still no where near back to normal restrictions wise. 

Makes you wonder. 

I know 

C7BF28A0-044E-4C33-A2EE-F78FD03C20F1.jpeg

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

And someone posted the other day that we’ll be a ‘progressive and internationalist’ country once we shake of the shackles of Westminster.

:facepalm:

We also have to shake the shackles of the OF.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They don't express the same thing though. A rise could be as slow as dough rising in the oven. I suppose you could say a "sharp rise" but then that would probably be interpreted as scare-mongering in the same way you are saying that "spike" is.

I don't think we should start banning onomatopoeic words just because some people may incorrectly infer emotions from them. A surge in cases is exactly that. A spike in the occurrence of something is exactly that. Banning the use of words like that and replacing them with dumbed-down less accurate equivalents sounds very much 1984 "Newspeak" to me.

Potato 🥔 potatoe 

58 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes well how can anyone respect that clowns tweet after Thursdays events !  

3962DD95-18F6-4C86-B52F-9DBF6B901B0B.jpeg

Almost a pity Boris didn't get those used water-cannons he wasted a fortune on, working. Perfect chance to clean up Glasgow and give some of their filthy denizens an annual bath.

I wouldn't worry about a spike in cases, though, since this lot are probably riddled. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Almost a pity Boris didn't get those used water-cannons he wasted a fortune on, working. Perfect chance to clean up Glasgow and give some of their filthy denizens an annual bath.

I wouldn't worry about a spike in cases, though, since this lot are probably riddled. 

2C1EBED9-9512-45D7-BC66-C2B14E46332D.gif

Nucky Thompson

I must be missing something. This Indian variant has been here for weeks, yet the total positivity rate has been around 2,000 for a couple of months now. In fact it was lower yesterday than what it was on Thursday

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I must be missing something. This Indian variant has been here for weeks, yet the total positivity rate has been around 2,000 for a couple of months now. In fact it was lower yesterday than what it was on Thursday

Careful now 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Can you explain what you mean by that, Nucky?

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

India variant incidence has tripled over the past week over England.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So are we still doomed then?

9FA353F3-4D05-4532-9A95-3ABC1EC6A775.gifSeems so 

Edited by JamesM48

31 minutes ago, weehammy said:

And someone posted the other day that we’ll be a ‘progressive and internationalist’ country once we shake of the shackles of Westminster.

:facepalm:

Well thankfully all these Loyalists will be heading for mother england/N. I. after independence so all is good

No of course we are not doomed. Vaccination is doing its stuff. However, those who are vehement that cases are not on the rise at the moment and "there is nothing to see here, move along" can be treated to the following table showing the current case rates among the councils (I thought you might like a bit of nostalgia). And that is before the effects of today's Rangers knees-up. East Renfrewshire and Midlothian must be pretty happy that the media and the SG only concentrated on Glasgow and Moray. :)

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Today 13 May     ... 11 May ... 9 May 8 May ... 1 May
Scotland 34 31 +3   ... 26 ... 24 23 ... 22
Glasgow City 3 95 82 +13   ... 62 ... 53 47 ... 33
East Renfrewshire 3 74 55 +19   ... 37 ... 28 27 ... 24
Moray 3 61 68 -7   ... 99 ... 93 97 ... 65
Midlothian 3 55 51 +4   ... 37 ... 29 23 ... 10
South Lanarkshire 3 46 37 +9   ... 28 ... 22 23 ... 18
East Dunbartonshire 3 40 30 +10   ... 20 ... 22 25 ... 51
Fife 3 36 33 +3   ... 28 ... 24 22 ... 32
North Lanarkshire 3 36 37 -1   ... 35 ... 34 33 ... 40
Clackmannanshire 3 33 47 -14   ... 49 ... 39 33 ... 14
Perth & Kinross 3 31 27 +4   ... 16 ... 10 11 ... 22
Stirling 3 28 25 +3   ... 16 ... 12 16 ... 11
North Ayrshire 3 27 27 0   ... 24 ... 26 23 ... 17
Renfrewshire 3 27 21 +6   ... 18 ... 15 13 ... 20
West Lothian 3 26 23 +3   ... 23 ... 23 25 ... 26
Edinburgh City 3 23 21 +2   ... 20 ... 20 20 ... 27
East Ayrshire 3 22 28 -6   ... 27 ... 30 31 ... 45
Falkirk 3 21 25 -4   ... 26 ... 27 32 ... 23
South Ayrshire 3 20 23 -3   ... 18 ... 12 12 ... 25
Aberdeen City 3 18 23 -5   ... 21 ... 21 20 ... 13
Inverclyde 3 17 13 +4   ... 9 ... 3 1 ... 15
Aberdeenshire 3 15 12 +3   ... 11 ... 11 10 ... 8
Dundee City 3 15 14 +1   ... 17 ... 17 14 ... 13
Angus 3 11 13 -2   ... 13 ... 15 9 ... 7
East Lothian 3 9 6 +3   ... 7 ... 6 5 ... 5
Highland 3 9 8 +1   ... 7 ... 7 8 ... 9
Orkney Islands 3 9 0 +9   ... 0 ... 0 0 ... 0
West Dunbartonshire 3 8 11 -3   ... 13 ... 12 17 ... 28
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 7 4 +3   ... 0 ... 0 0 ... 0
Dumfries & Galloway 3 4 4 0   ... 5 ... 7 6 ... 19
Scottish Borders 3 4 3 +1   ... 4 ... 5 5 ... 6
Argyll & Bute 3 0 0 0   ... 0 ... 1 1 ... 7
Shetland Islands 3 0 0 0   ... 0 ... 0 0 ... 0

28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Kent variant is continuing to drop but the Indian variant is on the rise. 

Overall its still a drop but the scales could tip the other way in coming weeks. 

The theory is that the India variant may be out-competing other variants in general community circulation.  If it is then that almost certainly means it has higher transmissibility.  It might not be the explanation.  One less likely possibility is that it's rise is due to particular demographic distribution.  They don't know yet.  The much more likely possibility is that it is more transmissible but,  again,  they don't know how much more.  The 40% to 50% figures are clearly from some kind of worst case scenario suggestion,  which should be set aside until firmed up.  It could very well be that the concerns are unfounded due to other contributory factors.  Perhaps the figures are being influenced due to it's rise occurring from a very low base prevalence of any variants.

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Can you explain what you mean by that, Nucky?

I mean the total number of positive cases including the Indian variant 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I Just keep an eye on the hospital stats now and then . Can’t get too obsessed with it all . Drive u round the bend . Deaths and ICU very low to zero now . 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's the more encouraging possibility.  That the India variant infection represents a higher proportion of all infections due to some other reason.  That overall infections may not rise as steeply as feared.  But they don't know yet.

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah, on a UK level. Yes, you're right on that. There's a reasonable plateau on cases in the UK. Scotland is a different kettle of fish at the moment though.

I don't know the specifics. You could perhaps argue that the cases would have dropped and the Indian variant has helped propped them up, but I would be speaking through my arse if I claimed that with no evidence. So, your observation is interesting. I was just a wee bit confused by your term "total positivity rate".

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, Taffin said:

I thought we always knew you could still get Covid when vaccinated and the main aim was to prevent serious illness, death and hospitalisations?

It was only after that people started their agenda to have everyone vaccinated to stop the spread etc.

If the vaccines prevent most people who catch it ending up in hospital or extremely ill then for me, that's it done. It's beaten, let's get on with living again.

:spoton:

This was a brilliant article today for a former Deputy CMO out here. The paranoia of the human race is ridiculous.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/activist-doctors-phoney-pandemic-wars-put-recovery-at-risk-20210514-p57ryn.html

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:spoton:

This was a brilliant article today for a former Deputy CMO out here. The paranoia of the human race is ridiculous.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/activist-doctors-phoney-pandemic-wars-put-recovery-at-risk-20210514-p57ryn.html

this is an excellent article too about the “ New normal “ 

https://consentfactory.org/2021/04/21/the-covidian-cult-part-ii/

SE Asia is looking very vulnerable. Like India had, they have avoided the worst but Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar have rising cases.

Vaccination production needs to be massively increased. I would have pasted the article but hit a paywall after a couple of free ones.

https://www.economist.com/asia/2021/05/15/a-worrying-new-wave-of-covid-19-is-hitting-south-east-asia

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what a load of moronic ****ing shit. 

U ok ??? 

F6881B6A-0CAD-4B7F-841D-A7424097FDA4.png

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic