Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Weakened Offender
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not a bad thing if India (and China) get their arse in gear re the vaccinations.  It has no real bearing on the UK.  The government is going to be hounded to kingdom come if our supplies don't start flowing.  They'll get blowtorched.

I think you may be correct. The UK government has handled this pandemic abysmally. If the rolling out of the vaccine is a similar shambles then I do think they will be savaged. Interesting few months ahead. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N Lincs Jambo
53 minutes ago, kila said:

So what do you think the vaccines are really about? Reckon it is something to do with 5G? 

Don’t be shy now. 

Watch the link TW shared. It explains things far better than I could. All I will say though is we have shut the world down for a virus with a survival rate of 99.8%. I’ll trust my immune system if you don’t mind.

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not a bad thing if India (and China) get their arse in gear re the vaccinations.  It has no real bearing on the UK.  The government is going to be hounded to kingdom come if our supplies don't start flowing.  They'll get blowtorched.

Perhaps we'll actually get to see how good this government really is without having it to fight free from the enslavement by Europe. 

100% focus on the day job now, no distractions, which i probably timely in that the new variant is absolutely tearing through the UK. 

They'll need to at least provide verifiable evidence that stocks are going to start coming in and that it will be a sustainable flow.  I think this should be provided as soon as the end of next week at the latest.  Hopefully every entity with a bit of influence and expertise (opposition parties,  media, commons select committee,  independent SAGE,  other independent scientists,  medical/scientific representative bodies) will be like a ****ing rabid dog with a bone.

14 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Watch the link TW shared. It explains things far better than I could. All I will say though is we have shut the world down for a virus with a survival rate of 99.8%. I’ll trust my immune system if you don’t mind.

Survival of the smartest 👌 

Dodo.thumb.jpg.c85d44eeb7dc227a2e1409cec70a8209.jpg

Just now, jonesy said:

Whilst I don't agree with @N Lincs Jambo on all his points, mocking people with wildly differing viewpoints is a good way to entrench them, furthering the discord. Same happened with Trump and the condescending anti-Trump voters.

Come on laddies, it's a new year. Let's discuss things like adults.

You've done a fair bit of mocking yourself.  I assume that's a thing of the past then?

ITN News harrowing.

Looks like triaging on who gets a ventilator is starting, which didn't happen, or I don't recall with wave 1.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

ITN News harrowing.

Looks like triaging on who gets a ventilator is starting, which didn't happen, or I don't recall with wave 1.

Hopefully temporary if they can find people to staff the field hospitals.  

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

The folk that are against the vaccine need to relax a little I think, if you’re scared of the vaccine don’t worry about it.  No one is forcing you to take it :lol:

Why be so afraid of something that you don’t have to take?  Stop wasting your time trying to make people as fearful as you and just get on with your life. 

The folk that don’t take it might find getting on with life has certain restrictions, rightly or wrongly. 

N Lincs Jambo
39 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Whilst I don't agree with @N Lincs Jambo on all his points, mocking people with wildly differing viewpoints is a good way to entrench them, furthering the discord. Same happened with Trump and the condescending anti-Trump voters.

Come on laddies, it's a new year. Let's discuss things like adults.

Cheers Jonesy 👍. About 25 years ago I listened to a presentation at a business event at Leicester City’s old Filbert St ground. The lady speaking gave a short introduction into the history of ideas.

The first stage of opposition to an idea is ridicule (as witnessed above), the second stage is that of violent opposition (we have seen the verbal equivalent of that at various stages of this thread). The third stage, she argued is “accepted as self-evident”.

The example she gave - note she gave an example which was deliberately designed not to upset anyone - was that of the humble duvet, or continental quilts as they were first known.

Unfortunately I’m old enough to remember that time very well and can even remember my own mother saying that this new-fangled thing would never catch on.

What’s the relevance here? Well just think back 12 short months. Who here would have believed that our economy would be closed down, pubs and restaurants closed, football behind closed doors etc? Anyone saying that 12 months ago would have been ridiculed, then violently opposed. Finally events would have confirmed the outcome and the idea now accepted as self-evident.

Since all this started I have looked to the science and the scientists and unfortunately there are loads of very highly qualified scientists who are not being listened to because they challenge the current narrative. Two to mention in the UK (there are plenty more) are Prof Carl Heneghan of Oxford University’s Centre for Evidence Based Medicine and Dr Mike Yeadon, formerly Chief Scientific Officer and VP at Pfizer.

Both are very worth checking out if you want to get a balance of scientific viewpoints.

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Survival of the smartest 👌 

Dodo.thumb.jpg.c85d44eeb7dc227a2e1409cec70a8209.jpg

Ah yes the humble dodo. Extinct due to trusting humans in authority. Survival of the smartest indeed!

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Please keep an open mind folks...

It's obvious from what we've seen so far that the coronavirus is the precursor to an alien invasion of Earth, or at least the takeover of control of our planet by extra-terrestrials. The vaccines have been developed so quickly that they must be fake, designed simply to allow the insertion of microchips into each and every one of us so that we can be controlled after the invasion. Bill Gates is obviously extra-terrestrial - look how quickly he built Microsoft into world domination! Now most of us have his operating system on our computers, spying on us and reporting any dissidence. It's an obvious plan by the aliens and their followers here on Earth to bow us into obedience so that we will meekly allow them to invade. Sheeple, open your minds and see the truth!

If anyone ignores what I've just said then you quite clearly don't have open minds. You are being programmed! Wake up!

Am I doing it right?

I know your posting it intending to be humorous however I dont blame people for being cynical that a workable vaccine is now up and running after only 10 months or so?  Where is the vaccine for HIV or the common cold ?  I am certainly not an anti vaxer at all but just surprised that the vaccine has been produced so rapidly.  

15 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Ah yes the humble dodo. Extinct due to trusting humans in authority. Survival of the smartest indeed!

Indeed

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

ITN News harrowing.

Best advice with the news is to switch it off. I've given up listening to it tbh. In terms of this feckin SAGE mob that constantly whinge about more restrictions....do they really believe that adding yet more population control measures to Tier 4 will make a whit of difference?? Is that where it's spreading?? Of course not.

Enforce the laws that are already in force ffs. Tesco ditched their one way system the same day that masks were made "compulsory". Why is it not being reinstated? Limited numbers inside, someone on the door monitoring the queue, no mask no entry. I'm fed up hearing about folk being stigmatised or offended or picked on. If you can't wear a mask , stay in your house and ask a neighbour to do your shopping.  As a country, we need to grow a pair. Same with buses, if you don't have a mask, you don't get on. House parties,  if you're caught once you're warned , any recurrence and you're jailed for 10 days to isolate. The very fact we call our Police Force a "service ", tells you all you need to know about this shambles of a country. Presided over by a cabal of glorified, hand wringing leftie social workers down at the Shortbread Senate. The law abiding majority need to resist any further restrictions being imposed and insist that existing rules are enforced. We need a timetable for lifting restrictions not demented hysteria about adding more. Rant over.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Please keep an open mind folks...

It's obvious from what we've seen so far that the coronavirus is the precursor to an alien invasion of Earth, or at least the takeover of control of our planet by extra-terrestrials. The vaccines have been developed so quickly that they must be fake, designed simply to allow the insertion of microchips into each and every one of us so that we can be controlled after the invasion. Bill Gates is obviously extra-terrestrial - look how quickly he built Microsoft into world domination! Now most of us have his operating system on our computers, spying on us and reporting any dissidence. It's an obvious plan by the aliens and their followers here on Earth to bow us into obedience so that we will meekly allow them to invade. Sheeple, open your minds and see the truth!

If anyone ignores what I've just said then you quite clearly don't have open minds. You are being programmed! Wake up!

Am I doing it right?

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol: 

She used to be a relatively good film critic. 

43 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Cheers Jonesy 👍. About 25 years ago I listened to a presentation at a business event at Leicester City’s old Filbert St ground. The lady speaking gave a short introduction into the history of ideas.

The first stage of opposition to an idea is ridicule (as witnessed above), the second stage is that of violent opposition (we have seen the verbal equivalent of that at various stages of this thread). The third stage, she argued is “accepted as self-evident”.

The example she gave - note she gave an example which was deliberately designed not to upset anyone - was that of the humble duvet, or continental quilts as they were first known.

Unfortunately I’m old enough to remember that time very well and can even remember my own mother saying that this new-fangled thing would never catch on.

What’s the relevance here? Well just think back 12 short months. Who here would have believed that our economy would be closed down, pubs and restaurants closed, football behind closed doors etc? Anyone saying that 12 months ago would have been ridiculed, then violently opposed. Finally events would have confirmed the outcome and the idea now accepted as self-evident.

Since all this started I have looked to the science and the scientists and unfortunately there are loads of very highly qualified scientists who are not being listened to because they challenge the current narrative. Two to mention in the UK (there are plenty more) are Prof Carl Heneghan of Oxford University’s Centre for Evidence Based Medicine and Dr Mike Yeadon, formerly Chief Scientific Officer and VP at Pfizer.

Both are very worth checking out if you want to get a balance of scientific viewpoints.

They must be due an appearance on the BBC shortly?? Purely for editorial balance. I'm sure they can schedule them around their regular ICU visits.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Best advice with the news is to switch it off. I've given up listening to it tbh. In terms of this feckin SAGE mob that constantly whinge about more restrictions....do they really believe that adding yet more population control measures to Tier 4 will make a whit of difference?? Is that where it's spreading?? Of course not.

Enforce the laws that are already in force ffs. Tesco ditched their one way system the same day that masks were made "compulsory". Why is it not being reinstated? Limited numbers inside, someone on the door monitoring the queue, no mask no entry. I'm fed up hearing about folk being stigmatised or offended or picked on. If you can't wear a mask , stay in your house and ask a neighbour to do your shopping.  As a country, we need to grow a pair. Same with buses, if you don't have a mask, you don't get on. House parties,  if you're caught once you're warned , any recurrence and you're jailed for 10 days to isolate. The very fact we call our Police Force a "service ", tells you all you need to know about this shambles of a country. Presided over by a cabal of glorified, hand wringing leftie social workers down at the Shortbread Senate. The law abiding majority need to resist any further restrictions being imposed and insist that existing rules are enforced. We need a timetable for lifting restrictions not demented hysteria about adding more. Rant over.

In amongst that there's some sentiments I agree with.  I think we do need a fundamental shift towards strict enforcement of basic,  sensible measures and the criminal/civil law breaking to be reinforced by much more punitive consequences.  For some of the more serious law breaking I think there should be postponed custodial sentences.  A range of prison terms to be served at some future point when it's all finally over.  Immediate criminal record and a stay in jail hanging over you.

We need a real shift towards the rule breakers and the can't-be-arsed to be marginalised and called out.  That includes businesses that don't make sufficient efforts.  

I would actually temporarily nationalise the supermarkets and make a much better attempt at rolling out home delivery.  The supermarkets are making enormous extra profits right now but their attempts at providing home deliveries have been half-arsed.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

good points mate - experts like red who just ridiculed someone wouldn’t have done it this instance though - his mind would have been open enough to see what was about to happen from 2019 to 2020 - they always call it right when ridicule  is appropriate so take that on board :)

carl heneghan - not impressed with him took him a few hours to expose the 4000 deaths a day data rubbish which was used at that Saturday night broadcast and even longer to expose the knocked down by a bus 5 months later ur still a covid death rubbish too - he’s not in “the science” for a reason

that yeadon guy formerly of Pfizer what does he even know - probably a yeti spotter

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In amongst that there's some sentiments I agree with.  I think we do need a fundamental shift towards strict enforcement of basic,  sensible measures and the criminal/civil law breaking to be reinforced by much more punitive consequences.  For some of the more serious law breaking I think there should be postponed custodial sentences.  A range of prison terms to be served at some future point when it's all finally over.  Immediate criminal record and a stay in jail hanging over you.

We need a real shift towards the rule breakers and the can't-be-arsed to be marginalised and called out.  That includes businesses that don't make sufficient efforts.  

I would actually temporarily nationalise the supermarkets and make a much better attempt at rolling out home delivery.  The supermarkets are making enormous extra profits right now but their attempts at providing home deliveries have been half-arsed.

Haha. Yes, a few nuggets of sense, cloaked in a bit of a rant. 😂. I'm not sure how much transmission can be traced to supermarkets , it's barely been mentioned.  We need a far more grown up conversation about where infections are happening,  the demographics affected etc . The blunt instrument of simply reducing, in law, human interaction, simply isn't working. The daily back slapping "you're all doing really well" needs to be replaced by tough, targeted measures against transgressors.  

I agree regarding home deliveries but, I think, short term, they will have limited transport, drivers etc. But, at the moment it's a free-for-all in supermarkets and there is no social distancing whatsoever. So, a move to more deliveries would certainly help. 

I do think supermarkets are a major issue. Easily the busiest place especially pre Christmas and new year. Recently went back to the rules about 2 metres in supermarkets but the 1 way systems and queues haven’t came back to our local shops

"Almost a year into the pandemic, supply shortages remain so severe that nurse Kristen Cline reuses her N95 for several shifts while her hospital buckles, patients suffer and folks nearby socialize maskless as if the pandemic were already over."

Sigh.

"Those of Us Who Don’t Die Are Going to Quit": A Crush of Patients, Dwindling Supplies and the Nurse Who Lost Hope

N Lincs Jambo
21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I guess it'll take me a while longer to reach the point where the benefits of lockdowns become self-evident :( TBF, I'm probably a bit of an evolutionary comma, anyway.

I haven't really kept track of the pronouncements from either pro/anti lockdown advocates and the like, so it would be interesting to hear what Heneghan and Yeadon have to say. What's their latest line?

Tbh I switched off for a couple of months before Christmas. It was getting in the way of earning a crust and with the mrs being furloughed again it had to be done. Yeadon was at the forefront of questioning the reliability of the PCR tests stating in September that false positives were running between 86 and 94%. He called for the use of these tests to be stopped immediately.

He also called out Whitty and Vallance, especially Vallance at the time of the announcement which was used to justify the November lockdown in England . He basically said that Vallance was either lying and/or incompetent and challenged Vallance to sue him. He also stated that Vallance wouldn’t sue him because to be successful he would have to demonstrate in a court of law that he (Vallance) was right.

As far as I’m aware no legal action has been brought against Yeadon. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You were doing so well until the bit in bold...

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You were doing so well until the bit in bold...

😂 well, if you agree with the points I've raised, don't expect the self-proclaimed "progressives" like Sturgeon, Freeman, Harvie etc to implement the changes I suggest. If you keep voting them in, you'll keep getting the same s**t show. 

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂 well, if you agree with the points I've raised, don't expect the self-proclaimed "progressives" like Sturgeon, Freeman, Harvie etc to implement the changes I suggest. If you keep voting them in, you'll keep getting the same s**t show. 

My vote for SNP is a single issue vote , you seem think I cant disagree with SNP (UK Gov) policy on a COVID controls...You have consistently slavered utter shite on this thread, until the one I quoted...Enforcement and consequences are required...which would see a couple of posters on this thread handed their arses on a plate...

A few jars in so don't expect a high brow debate tonight :lol: 

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You have consistently slavered utter shite on this thread

Happy New Year Konrad. 😎

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I do think supermarkets are a major issue. Easily the busiest place especially pre Christmas and new year. Recently went back to the rules about 2 metres in supermarkets but the 1 way systems and queues haven’t came back to our local shops

Time to reinstate queues and one way systems with refusal for entry without a mask or shield.

If someone with bad asthma needs to shop then go for click and collect or delivery.

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Happy New Year Konrad. 😎

I'm vindicated again. Exhibit B arrives bang on cue. Who needs Sturgeon or Harvie when others on here can slaver even more s*ite, and with such consistency. 

Just now, frankblack said:

Time to reinstate queues and one way systems with refusal for entry without a mask or shield.

If someone with bad asthma needs to shop then go for click and collect or delivery.

And perhaps they should quit the fags too.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm vindicated again. Exhibit B arrives bang on cue. Who needs Sturgeon or Harvie when others on here can slaver even more s*ite, and with such consistency. 

😁

27 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My vote for SNP is a single issue vote , you seem think I cant disagree with SNP (UK Gov) policy on a COVID controls...You have consistently slavered utter shite on this thread, until the one I quoted...Enforcement and consequences are required...which would see a couple of posters on this thread handed their arses on a plate...

People voting on a single issue is why Scotland has regressed so much over 13 years. Those who want to live in caves may well get their wish. No, I agree NYD isn't the time for high-brow debates👍 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

YES! This is more like it. I agree wholeheartedly with the above. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People voting on a single issue is why Scotland has regressed so much over 13 years. Those who want to live in caves may well get their wish. No, I agree NYD isn't the time for high-brow debates👍 

The single issue, in my case, is I want Scotland to be a normal independent nation, making its own decisions...*beer drinky thingy*

3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Out of curiosity, if airlines brought made a covid vaccination an requirement for foreign travel or holiday insurance companies made it mandatory for cover,  would you get vaccinated?

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:spoton:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Quilts take me back 😃, those Orange and Blue covers from yesteryear. 
Different viewpoints are welcome, I’ve not really come to a conclusion surrounding what’s going on so thanks for the link. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Interesting, the one way system never left in the shops in Gorgie. I asked one of the guys I know in Scotmid and he said none of them have caught it, which I found quite reassuring, that was a few months ago. 
Im not sure if there’s any one place in particular, but as someone who touches stuff and puts it back as I’m getting used to being a veggie it’s not the best thing to be doing. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Nonsense, he does it in every thread (sorry Enzo) 😜
A big year for us as Jambos and Indy supporters 👍🏽💪🏿

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Perhaps we'll actually get to see how good this government really is without having it to fight free from the enslavement by Europe. 

100% focus on the day job now, no distractions, which i probably timely in that the new variant is absolutely tearing through the UK. 

Could you name 5 things that these horrible Eurocrats held those wonderful chaps at Westminster back from achieving in the last ten years say?

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Add in anyone over 50 to only use click and collect/delivery and then we're cooking with gas 👍

I used to say the same about old folk, now it’s come to me 🙄😢🤬😜

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense, he does it in every thread (sorry Enzo) 😜
A big year for us as Jambos and Indy supporters 👍🏽💪🏿

😂. Happy New Year Pasquale.

A big year for us as Jambos, I'll grant you that.😎

N Lincs Jambo
32 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Out of curiosity, if airlines brought made a covid vaccination an requirement for foreign travel or holiday insurance companies made it mandatory for cover,  would you get vaccinated?

Nope

Doctor FinnBarr
37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Add in anyone over 50 to only use click and collect/delivery and then we're cooking with gas 👍

So as an over 50 key worker its ok for me to work but not do my own shopping? Away and bile yer heid.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. Happy New Year Pasquale.

A big year for us as Jambos, I'll grant you that.😎

Happy New Year Enzo 👍🏽

Dagger Is Back

Always wondered about the delivery of vaccines and why injection, with all the logistical issues that creates.

Stumbled across this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/130177/first-patient-dosed-in-covid-19-vaccine-tablet-clinical-trial/amp/

I think we’re all allowed to dream a little in these crazy times, so just imagine what if.....

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic