Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GBJambo said:

And my house and my family and friends houses 👍

Umm again no unless you are going to act like a ignorant selfish twit 

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Thank **** stupidity isn't contagious. 

I know, imagine allowing the leader of a devolved assembly to dictate who can open businesses, visit friends and leave the house. 

Not sure I understand this talk of more lockdowns. They need to just let the young all get it and be done with it. People with health problems and old people have to choose for themselves how cautious to be. I support the facemasks in supermarkets but yesterday I tried to go to Boots and they had a sign on the door saying 3 people only, yet 5 people were inside and at least 4 were women browsing - I haven't got patience for that nonsense! I didn't wait even though there was nobody else waiting. I left.

Edited by Spellczech

All roads lead to Gorgie

This thread has gone to the dogs. Trolls to the left of me jokers to the right 🙄

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Not sure I understand this talk of more lockdowns. They need to just let the young all get it and be done with it. People with health problems and old people have to choose for themselves how cautious to be. I support the facemasks in supermarkets but yesterday I tried to go to Boots and they had a sign on the door saying 3 people only, yet 5 people were inside and at least 4 were women browsing - I haven't got patience for that nonsense! I didn't wait even though there was nobody else waiting. I left.

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This thread has gone to the dogs. Trolls to the left of me jokers to the right 🙄

Stuck in the middle with conflicting information about covid 🎵

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Again:

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Unbelievable.  As far as I'm concerned there's bugger all scientific about a lot of this and the majority of it is political (despite what Nicola Sturgeon may preach from her soap box). Every politicians makes decisions with the political repercussions in mind to help keep them in a cushy job IMO. Some have more genuine intentions than others but, ultimately politicians think politically. Unfortunately that bumbling bufoon at Westminster has made NS look like a hero through all of this when all shes really doing is giving out the same message in a clear and simple way unlike Boris.  Unfortunately the Scottish government are far more cautious and stricter and if that 6month thing involves not seeing other households for prolonged periods I don't think it'll command the same respect this time round

So you think going against something that we could see worked in stemming the virus will help the situation? 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No deaths today just in case that info got lost in the hysteria today 

To be expected every Monday as the offices for logging deaths are closed over the weekend

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I sort of get the opinion he's been winging it all year TBH. Learning on the job...

Everyone is learning as this is a new virus

but we MUST take it seriously

he is probably more qualified to have a say on this than anyone on here.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Stuck in the middle with conflicting information about covid 🎵

That is what is wrong and people are only listening to people of their own political persuasion and judging by a few on here their views are verging on the extreme. Politics are being played out and conspiracy theorists are messing up a lot of brains in this country. That is no way to bring back normality as everyone is going off in different directions. This country need a model that nearly everyone can follow which is probably accepting it will go around the community now and we just have to do our best to help local businesses survive by using and buying from them. However, blatant ignoring by anyone of the sensible precautions in place to lessen the spread needs to be called out for what it is, stupidity.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe but this place is for opinions, so people are entitled to have different ones. Personally I suspect the more dangerous strains of Covid have killed their host and the less dangerous ones are the ones that allow their host to recover and these are the more prevalent ones now. One way or another Covid will end up like the flu.

I'll continue to obey the rules as they currently stand as I think they are sensible (and it is no big problem for me that shopping and visiting the town centre is a miserable experience now) but I think more lockdowns would be more harmful than beneficial - I've got no work right now. I need businesses to get back to work. My savings won't last forever. 

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Tens of thousands sounds like a big number but with a population of 60 odd million it would make very little difference to those percentages.

Over the whole population it is a very small percentage but given the UK has reported cases of 394k  at the moment,  you would expect the percentage to be a lot higher, albeit not saying it is simply 60/394. Although there was a British medical Journal that said about 10% of people experience prolonged symptoms.

It's why I can't understand that we don't have more focus and reporting of this and why I'm baffled at people who blithely compare this to the flu and/or have a bring it on attitude, when we don't know the full extent and how long these prolonged symptoms last for.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54016357

As Nicola said people in war time had to deal with far worse restrictions - not seeing family members for years and no FaceTime / zoom etc. We need to realise that video calls are often just as good just now. There isn’t always need to see people in 3D

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

At least old Adolf could paint. What has Tricky Nicky got going for her other than a future as an Aidan McGeady impersonator?

Jimmy Krankie stunt double surely ?

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Maybe but this place is for opinions, so people are entitled to have different ones. Personally I suspect the more dangerous strains of Covid have killed their host and the less dangerous ones are the ones that allow their host to recover and these are the more prevalent ones now. One way or another Covid will end up like the flu.

I'll continue to obey the rules as they currently stand as I think they are sensible (and it is no big problem for me that shopping and visiting the town centre is a miserable experience now) but I think more lockdowns would be more harmful than beneficial - I've got no work right now. I need businesses to get back to work. My savings won't last forever. 

The people threatening lockdown or calling for it are unaffected clearly. How about we have some mp’s or advisors of this bolloks fired everytime so many people lose their jobs or a business folds? 
Id hate to have a business in hospitality now. You’re going to get your stress levels through the roof but boo fecking hoo for them I suppose eh. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe shutting the internet down for two weeks would be a more effective restriction...........

I wish! 

My faith in humanity is getting less and less each moment I go online right now :thumbsup:

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

My boys schools is doing a VE Day celebration at the end of the week. Received a email of instructions to get kids dressed up in WW 2 attire. Though the email forbids Hitler outfits.

Not sure if SS uniforms allowed though.🤷🏻‍♂️

This thread seems appropriate to share that ditty now.

This country's obsession with WW2 is very strange. Not normal whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wish! 

My faith in humanity is getting less and less each moment I go online right now :thumbsup:

I agree

Too many twits out there mate 

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

As Nicola said people in war time had to deal with far worse restrictions - not seeing family members for years and no FaceTime / zoom etc. We need to realise that video calls are often just as good just now. There isn’t always need to see people in 3D

😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My boys schools is doing a VE Day celebration at the end of the week. Received a email of instructions to get kids dressed up in WW 2 attire. Though the email forbids Hitler outfits.

Not sure if SS uniforms allowed though.🤷🏻‍♂️

This thread seems appropriate to share that ditty now.

The nerdy kid with glasses who turns up as Himmler is going to be flagged for life...

• Moderators

Several trolling posts removed. We appreciate this subject will generate extreme views on all sides but please try and keep the discussions/debates at least partially adult or you will need to isolate from the thread. 

Thanks

30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So you think going against something that we could see worked in stemming the virus will help the situation? 

What I'm saying is I think a lot of the decisions being made are political (despite a repeated denial by the scottish government). I dont deny covid exists and if you have underlying health issues or are in a vulnerable health category its a real danger but what percentage of the UK population does thst cover exactly? I work with an ex paramedic and he is of the opinion the governments shouldve kept the vulnerable category of people shielded for as long as was necessary but let the vast majority of the population who are healthy continue with their lives as it were. Thanks to this pandemic, both he and I gave been off work since March with still no date of return. He's actually went back to do some shifts with the NHS and he gave his opinion during a call we had only last week. I realise he is only one person with NHS experience that I've spoken with but from what he was saying there seems to be quite a few NHS workers of similar opinions as he holds. Im sure there will be a few on the opposite side of that opinion too but I find it interesting to hear that view from someone with direct links to the NHS.  I just want the government to acknowledge and ask at what point do we recognise all the other sick people who have had treatments postponed or cancelled due to covid?  Not to mention all the perfectly healthy people pre March 2020 who will now be suffering (or subsequently suffering) from mental health issues and or financial hardships brought on by severe lockdowns??

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I agree

Too many twits out there mate 

A few have outed themselves on here, quite a while back now come to think of it.

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The people threatening lockdown or calling for it are unaffected clearly. How about we have some mp’s or advisors of this bolloks fired everytime so many people lose their jobs or a business folds? 
Id hate to have a business in hospitality now. You’re going to get your stress levels through the roof but boo fecking hoo for them I suppose eh. 

The fact that politics was barely affected indicates that MPs value to society is far below that of the civil service, and the civil service have a well-deserved reputation for being workshy. They must be loving it right now - Printer/coffee machine/fag break/water fountain gossip is now fully Skyped...

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I have to seriously disagree with that last statement! Nothing compares to the empathy and company of a real person despite who clear visually and verbally zoom calls may be!! I'm pretty sure grandparents who live within traveling distance of their grand kids would massively disagree with your view on this too!

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This country's obsession with WW2 is very strange. Not normal whatsoever. 

Of course no other nation celebrates its achievements of the past, relatively recent past in this case, still within the memory of many still alive and many more who knew  those who fought and died.

America with July 4th, France with Bastille Day, Russia with 1917 and the Great Patriotic War (aka WW2), China with Mao's revolution ... etc etc. I would say no other country has so many people who hate their own country as much as we do.

Shanks said no
38 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

bloody hope so

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A few have outed themselves on here, quite a while back now come to think of it.

Especially the poster from Hamilton.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly.  Its all about cases which effectively mean didly squat.  But we have discussed this time and again., I think the SG has just worn people down now and people just cant be arsed anymore. 

I think you'll be back to washing your messages in the sink again come October 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic