Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Doesn’t sound like your having a laugh, the exact opposite in fact.🤷🏻‍♂️

Much as I like him, he sounds pissed to me. :)

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Should we wait until the enemy is at the door before we organise our defences ? 🤔 

We're in a tier system. We should move when the numbers tell us to.

Only 4% positivity rate today.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

The tier system is shite. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yip

Except for rural areas

Edited by Maroon Sailor

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think that I agree with others who reckon the "new virulent strain" is a bit of a red herring. I reckon the Government realised that the Christmas relaxation in combination with the rising cases in England and Wales would wreak havoc.

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They already knew there were different strains - that wasn't new.  The way this news has been presented looks like they pulled that as an excuse to back out of Christmas relaxation.

They admitted during the presser that this particular strain was discovered back in November.

Sounds awfully like a very convenient turn of events for closing down the christmas break.

Just now, GinRummy said:

You mean a system that allows us to focus on areas with a greater infection rate, and treat separate areas differently according to their condition and circumstances?

Right you are then. We should just move to imposing national lockdown whenever the national case rate gets too high.

The tier system isn't perfect in how it's being applied, but it's a damn sight better than managing the whole country as if Covid were spread evenly everywhere.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Lord BJ said:

WTF is Reporting Scotland anchors barnet about 

Seen her present the Nine once and she was awful.

WoolfordsHearts
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll not be watching Sturgeon.

I wouldn't trust myself not to throw something through the telly 

Wise move,you'll need your telly for the morn mind.☝️

The Mighty Thor

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That would be following the science. 

It needs to be arbitrary. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll not be watching Sturgeon.

I wouldn't trust myself not to throw something through the telly 

She's doing her nodding head exercises now

Just now, Lord BJ said:

She looks like one of this folk you see dodging about Tesco’s first thing in the morning with pyjama bottoms and a ski jacket on. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They admitted during the presser that this particular strain was discovered back in November.

Sounds awfully like a very convenient turn of events for closing down the christmas break.

Nope.  It's been a highly complex investigation of the numbers to tease out the facts re it's infectiousness compared to the existing strains in high prevalence areas.  It wasn't something immediately knowable.

The huge problem is trust and public confidence, 5 days was never a good idea but they came up with it and now look ridiculous.

People will do as they like.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You mean a system that allows us to focus on areas with a greater infection rate, and treat separate areas differently according to their condition and circumstances?

Right you are then. We should just move to imposing national lockdown whenever the national case rate gets too high.

The tier system isn't perfect in how it's being applied, but it's a damn sight better than managing the whole country as if Covid were spread evenly everywhere.

Yeah it’s utter ****ing rubbish. Numbers go up - tier 3, numbers go down tier 2,  number go up cos they’re in tier 2 -back to tier 3 but a few more dead along the way. A load of absolute nonsense. The first lockdown worked, either do that or do nothing. Everything open or everything shut. 

as for treating different areas differently. We are a tiny country ffs, we aren’t Canada. Micro managing tiny areas is folly. 

Edited by GinRummy

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Could you imagine going for a meal with the Tory Twat?

"I'll have the fish. I'm a pescatarian."

[five minutes pass, Boris calls for the waiter]

"Actually, changed my mind. A juicy T-bone, please. Can't stand fish."

[waiter walks away]

"Waiter! Gimme the nut roast. I'm a veggie at heart."

[waiter sighs, nods, and walks toward the kitchen]

[just as the waiter is about to pull the cloche off his plate, Boris shoves the whole thing to the ground and asks for roly-poly pudding with custard]

Jelly and Custard surely?

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree but why are we still hearing this nonsense about hospitals being overwhelmed?? Occupancy rates are less than this time last year.

Enzo when I had an appointment at Lauriston place a few weeks there were around 8 , nurses ( or ancillaries) standing about doing sfa and there was me and 2 other patients 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pics please is it a Billie Piper do? With a Billie Piper face to match?

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You might a shorter more close quarters weapon to fend off the hoardes when they come to pillage your leftovers on boxing day

The gardens are mined. 👍

21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Good news and a relief the vaccines still work.

Next concern is that follow up orders will be received in time to give second doses....which has went a bit quiet.

My understanding is that folks' second dose has already been put aside, ie: If they have 500,000 doses which is enough for 250,000 people, not to vaccinate 500,000 and then hope that you get enough supplies in quick enough to give them their second dose, that's not the way it works as far as I'm aware.

Besides I do not think that people will get doses from a different batch, imagine if there was a problem you won't know for sure which batch is to blame, that's why if someone gets dose one from batch 001 then the second dose will also be from batch 001.

Well that's what I'd think would happen.

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So is it the one that they didnt want Iceland to come to England with from Denmark?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

No. You don't want to, honestly...

Haha duly noted 🤣 

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My understanding is that folks' second dose has already been put aside, ie: If they have 500,000 doses which is enough for 250,000 people, not to vaccinate 500,000 and then hope that you get enough supplies in quick enough to give them their second dose, that's not the way it works as far as I'm aware.

Besides I do not think that people will get doses from a different batch, imagine if there was a problem you won't know for sure which batch is to blame, that's why if someone gets dose one from batch 001 then the second dose will also be from batch 001.

Well that's what I'd think would happen.

You're right the batch bought from Pfizer was iirc 800k doses which is being used to vaccinate 400k people

Just now, Barack said:

Interpreting for the neds.👍🏻

Dinna be a dobber eh! We aint like the rest of the UK we can still be preventative... that means afore Covey comes spaffing his seed on you all. 

Listening to Prof.Linda Bauld just now is intriguing and the 'cat and mouse' nature of viruses.

They want to tease us to do more long term harm, than kill us outright, because they just kill themselves.

This new strain and Christmas is just the evolution of the virus and unfortunate timing and the perfect storm.

That said this 5 day relaxation was madness, new strain or not.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Nicola gone for a slightly softer look today. I’m a few beers in but in a certain light she’s not the worst 

A few beers 🤨

Dagger Is Back

Nicola gone for a slightly softer look today. I’m a few beers in but in a certain light she’s not the worst 

Christ you just have to laugh. God bless you 

Maroon Sailor

Sure you are not on the Peruvian powder ?

WoolfordsHearts

Kegs?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What you drinking GR??😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic