Dikamona on Levein and Stendel

Hearts1975

6 hours ago, barcajambo said:

100%.

And I won’t have anyone tell me he is a big Hearts fan, he doesn’t give a **** about the club, its all about lining his own pockets.

Indeed.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Notts1874

• Thomaso

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Victorian said:

I'm not going to attempt to prevent people discussing this new and exciting development.    But I'm starting to pity them.

Move on and back the club is my advice.

The "news" that Levein is a pragmatic manager is about the most unsurprising "news" I can think of. It's always been both one of his main strengths and weaknesses.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Coco said:

I wonder how Levein decided that the route to success was a reincarnation of catenaccio.  We know that MacPhee was only following orders so it is all Levein's philosophy.

He had a clean slate at Hearts and rather than choosing to try to win games by attacking he wanted to win them by nullifying the opposition.  Not only an unsuccessful tactic (particularly for a manager who had never won anything) but an awful experience to watch too.  

Signing Maclean to try to hold on to narrow leads.  Punting the young midfielders on loan and signing journeyman punt it the way they are facing rubbish like Bozanic.  Punting the ball to the big man up front.

Why choose to play as if he wanted to emulate the teams in the yearly relegation battles?

It sounds like I'm defending Levein and maybe I am as he was a hero of mine as a player (much less so as a manager) and I genuinely think he's one of Scottish football's more progressive thinkers (despite the dinosaur references to his football), but Levein turned his cautious side up to max and kept it there after the injuries curtailed our attacking options.

Up until then we had an attacking front 3 or 4, with forward-thinking FBs, a ball-playing centre back in Souttar and a solid DM in Haring flanked by fairly lightweight and attack-minded midfielders in Lee and Djoum. The youngsters being blooded were all fairly attack-minded footballing players - Cochrane, Henderson, Currie, Moore and later Irving, Morrison, Smith, Hickey - not a clogger amongst them. And it worked until the spine was ripped out of the team.

It's very obvious to anyone willing to dial down the Levein rage for a second that it was down to circumstances rather than some sort of Levein philosophy. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Where did I say that I hated him ?

No one died, Correct.

Losing all respect for someone and having an anger toward them for not being able to do the right thing is something else entirely. 

“I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. “ you wrote. 😀

Seek help.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It sounds like I'm defending Levein and maybe I am as he was a hero of mine as a player (much less so as a manager) and I genuinely think he's one of Scottish football's more progressive thinkers (despite the dinosaur references to his football), but Levein turned his cautious side up to max and kept it there after the injuries curtailed our attacking options.

It's very obvious to anyone willing to dial down the Levein rage for a second that it was down to circumstances rather than some sort of Levein philosophy. And it didn't work.

Simple folk enjoy simple narratives - like Leivein being solely to blame for our current woes.  Hey ho, if it makes people feel better.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's very obvious to anyone willing to dial down the Levein rage for a second that it was down to circumstances rather than some sort of Levein philosophy. And it didn't work.

It's obvious to me that he's a very negative manager and in no way a forward thinker. 

Look at our goal scoring record, look at his formation with mostly 1 upfront (not to mention the nearly zero upfront with scotland) 

Look at the strikers he's signed.. He paid money for wighton, He called Vanecek rubbish, he signed a well past it Maclean. 

He stuck with berra when we all could see he was a liability, he signed Whelan who has now been binned and he's given Damour a 4 year contract. 

There is no excuses for the mess he's left us in. You're in cloud coo coo land, la la land, the lot. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

It's obvious to me that he's a very negative manager and in no way a forward thinker. 

Look at our goal scoring record, look at his formation with mostly 1 upfront (not to mention the nearly zero upfront with scotland) 

Look at the strikers he's signed.. He paid money for wighton, He called Vanecek rubbish, he signed a well past it Maclean. 

He stuck with berra when we all could see he was a liability, he signed Whelan who has now been binned and he's given Damour a 4 year contract. 

There is no excuses for the mess he's left us in. You're in clowd la la land. 

As I said it's only obvious to anyone willing to dial down the Levein rage for a second. If you had done that you'd see I was talking about pre-injuries. Everything you describe happened after he was forced to patch up and almost rebuild the core of the side due to the long term injuries to key players. As I said he dialled up his cautious side (the topic of this thread) to max and left it there far too long. The attempts to remedy the situation - which you just described - failed as we all know. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

As I said it's only obvious to anyone willing to dial down the Levein rage for a second. If you had done that you'd see I was talking about pre-injuries. Everything you describe happened after he was forced to patch up and almost rebuild the core of the side due to the long term injuries to key players. As I said he dialled up his cautious side (the topic of this thread) to max and left it there far too long. The attempts to remedy the situation - which you just described - failed as we all know. 

His attempt to patch up the squad by signing shite players and giving them 4 year deals was absolute dog shit. 

All this talk about him doing a great job with the academy is nonsense as well. 

The only youngster that has got regular game time came from Celtic. 

The guy is a fraud. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

His attempt to patch up the squad by signing shite players and giving them 4 year deals was absolute dog shit. 

All this talk about him doing a great job with the academy is nonsense as well. 

The only youngster that has got regular game time came from Celtic. 

The guy is a fraud. 

As I say, it's only obvious to anyone not obsessed with Levein as some sort of footballing antichrist.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

As I say, it's only obvious to anyone not obsessed with Levein as some sort of footballing antichrist.

It's been obvious to me for over 3 years. 

We'll leave it at that. 

11 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

“I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. “ you wrote. 😀

Seek help.

Your right. I did. I meant more hating what he has done than anything else but I did say it as in hating him in the Op

anyway, I’ve calmed down a bit since .. Just hope he will be gone completely and very very soon. Still don’t think it can be healthy having him around but hey ho 

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The "news" that Levein is a pragmatic manager is about the most unsurprising "news" I can think of. It's always been both one of his main strengths and weaknesses.

Pragmatic is about the last word I would use to describe Levein as a manager.

How did a positive article about the changes Stendel has made turn into yet another Levein-bashing 7-pager? What is wrong with Hearts fans?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Pragmatic is about the last word I would use to describe Levein as a manager.

Depends on your definition. He's always prioritised points over performances and generally tried to set up his teams to win at home and not lose away. His "philosophy" if he had one for me has always been win all your home games and at least get a point away and you'll be in great shape in the league. I get some found that frustrating, especially fans who travel regularly. I thought Neilson followed that idea too and can see the merit in the approach.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Depends on your definition. He's always prioritised points over performances and generally tried to set up his teams to win at home and not lose away. His "philosophy" if he had one for me has always been win all your home games and at least get a point away and you'll be in great shape in the league. I get some found that frustrating, especially fans who travel regularly. I thought Neilson followed that idea too and can see the merit in the approach.

Pragmatic  for me means being willing to change  if what you are doing isn't working. 

Levein was given lots of time to work out that his approach wasn't working. To put it mildly.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And his setting up teams to win all our home games has resulted in us winning how many home games?

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And his setting up teams to win all our home games has resulted in us winning how many home games?

He transformed our home record after taking over from Cathro and started well the following season. Obviously after that not such good reading... Can't be bothered looking up his record in his first spell with us or at D Utd and Scotland but generally the last part of his Hearts career was not indicative of his career as a whole. Seem to remember we were even solid at home under him for Scotland.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He transformed our home record after taking over from Cathro and started well the following season. Obviously after that not such good reading... Can't be bothered looking up his record in his first spell with us or at D Utd and Scotland but generally the last part of his Hearts career was not indicative of his career as a whole. Seem to remember we were even solid at home under him for Scotland.

"Not such good reading". Understatement of the year. Or any year.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Not such good reading". Understatement of the year. Or any year.

What can I say, I like to maintain dry pants.

15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sign Boyce obviously. But that argument only stands up if we actually sign Boyce. In the same way that all the unicorns we’ve been promised for 18 months amounted to nothing.

So the argument stands up and CL and AM can stay.  :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

How did a positive article about the changes Stendel has made turn into yet another Levein-bashing 7-pager? What is wrong with Hearts fans?

I had the same hopes as you for a good positive thread, read the first few posts, and high-tailed it to the last page hoping it had got back on track.................it hadn't. 

Coburg Hearts
17 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Shall we pay off Levein and Macphee now or use the money to buy Boyce?

There are some who, going by their words, would forgo signing Boyce if it meant getting shot of the "hated" duo.

11 hours ago, Coco said:

I wonder how Levein decided that the route to success was a reincarnation of catenaccio.  We know that MacPhee was only following orders so it is all Levein's philosophy.

He had a clean slate at Hearts and rather than choosing to try to win games by attacking he wanted to win them by nullifying the opposition.  Not only an unsuccessful tactic (particularly for a manager who had never won anything) but an awful experience to watch too.  

Signing Maclean to try to hold on to narrow leads.  Punting the young midfielders on loan and signing journeyman punt it the way they are facing rubbish like Bozanic.  Punting the ball to the big man up front.

Why choose to play as if he wanted to emulate the teams in the yearly relegation battles?

You forgot to make a very accomplished central defender just stand on the edge of his box and head put it back to the opposition all game, every game.

3 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

There are some who, going by their words, would forgo signing Boyce if it meant getting shot of the "hated" duo.

The whole set up for me is wrong and we should’ve found the cash for a clean break and a new Sporting Director BUT Stendel needs help during the transfer window. The only people at the club who can realistically offer that help are Murray, McPhee and Levein. If rumours of a disagreement with Murray are true that leaves CL and AM. Not ideal but better with some help than none surely. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Levein should be on gardening leave rather than hanging around like a ghost.

Anyway, the positive is Stendel's desire to attack. Slowly but surely, we will get out of this hole.

Paisley Jambo
On 24/01/2020 at 08:09, Hearts1975 said:

it sickens me, absolutely sickens me that he is anywhere near the club. Wish he would just pack his bags and go 

I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. All these years of worship are gone, finished, as the imposter has shown his true colours and left a dressing room berefit of any positivity .

He has caused our club more inherent damage than anyone that I can ever remember 

Exactly my thoughts

Edited by Paisley Jambo

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Isn't Levein the new Director of Football then, thought it was obvious.

Far from obvious. Stendel is heavily involved with the transfers and is probably,  effectively,  performing both roles